rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

World Cup 2018

World Cup 2018

Anyone going?
I decided to go after Russia made getting a visa extremely easy (buying a ticket to game includes a visa) and will hit up St Petersburg, Moscow and either Sochi or Kazan.

Still trying to finalize where I am going. Should be expensive but fun!

World Cup 2018

Dupe: thread-63156.html

World Cup 2018

I think thats more for discussing football. not actual travel stuff.

World Cup 2018

Quote: (04-06-2018 01:02 PM)spaceman Wrote:  

Anyone going?
I decided to go after Russia made getting a visa extremely easy (buying a ticket to game includes a visa) and will hit up St Petersburg, Moscow and either Sochi or Kazan.

I will be in going as well.

What ticket did you buy?

I got Japan vs Poland, but I think I will stay in Moscow and check out St Petersburg and possibly smaller cities.

World Cup 2018

Quote: (04-07-2018 01:29 PM)Hikapo Wrote:  

Quote: (04-06-2018 01:02 PM)spaceman Wrote:  

Anyone going?

I will be in going as well.

What ticket did you buy?

I got Japan vs Poland, but I think I will stay in Moscow and check out St Petersburg and possibly smaller cities.

I have tickets to Belgium - Panama and Spain - Portugal. Both games over the same weekend in Sochi. Not 100% sure if I will be going but still hopeful!

World Cup 2018

Spain Portugal should be amazing! Trying to lock in my logistics now.

World Cup 2018

I plan STP but I dont have ticket yet. regardless it should be fun time in the city. (though much less for girls hunting)

World Cup 2018

If you have a ticket for one match, what period of time does that ticket give you as far as being able to stay in Russia?

World Cup 2018

@Beirut- Don't quote me on this, but I believe you can travel through the WC cities for the length of the WC.

I will be at the Russia/Egypt game in St Pete as well as the semi-final game in Moscow.

World Cup 2018

"Fan ID" holders are permitted to stay on the territory of the Russian Federation from June 4 to July 25, 2018.

I will be representing Colombia in Samara vs Senegal.....with earlier stops in St. Pete and ending in Moscow.....

Great to see my South American neighbors representing a large fan base in Russia!

"On top of the 735,168 allocated in the first draw, 568,448 tickets were allocated from the second selection, subject to payment, with most of them going to Russian fans (197,832) followed by supporters from Colombia (33,048), Brazil (24,656), Peru (21,946), Germany (21,639), USA (20,347), Mexico (18,155), Australia (15,906), Argentina (15.214), England (14,890) and Poland (13,686) – the top ten countries from abroad."

World Cup 2018

Quote: (04-10-2018 04:17 PM)Beirut Wrote:  

If you have a ticket for one match, what period of time does that ticket give you as far as being able to stay in Russia?

10 days before tournament starts and 10 days after it ends from my understanding. So basically the whole torunament.

World Cup 2018

I am also going. Got two match tickets Belgium v Tunisia (Moscow) & Nigeria v Argentina (St Petersburg). Spending 3night in Moscow & 3nights in St Petersburg. It's going to be fun especially at the fan fest.

Hotel & Hostel prices are ridiculous in Moscow. But it seems if you keep checking, you can eventually snap up reasonable deals.

World Cup 2018

I remember talking about this in World Cup topic in Everything Else section.

I'm coming with 5 friends and will stay 35 days in Russia for the World Cup.

World Cup 2018

For those looking to get tickets, the last sale (first come first served) will open on 18th April at 12:00 Moscow time

World Cup 2018

Sucks USA isn’t in it. One of my favorite sporting events but won’t watch it or go to Russia without our team

World Cup 2018

I just received my FAN ID today via mail. Only applied last week. Highly impressed how efficient this process was done by the Russian WC organizers. Will be in St. Petersburg for one week with my mates where we have tickets for a game and then will see what I am going to do. Deciding between Rostov or Volvograd. Not sure about Moscow prices might spike like crazy during the WC.

World Cup 2018

Quote: (04-13-2018 05:22 AM)superschalk Wrote:  

I just received my FAN ID today via post. Only applied last week. Highly impressed how efficient this process was done by the Russian WC organizers. Will be in St. Petersburg for one week with my mates where we have tickets for a game and then will see what I am going to do. Deciding between Rostov or Volvograd. Not sure about Moscow prices might spike like crazy during the WC.

I'll apply for that. How was the process? Do we need to pay anything other than ticket?

World Cup 2018

Quote: (04-13-2018 05:23 AM)Rossi Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2018 05:22 AM)superschalk Wrote:  

I just received my FAN ID today via post. Only applied last week. Highly impressed how efficient this process was done by the Russian WC organizers. Will be in St. Petersburg for one week with my mates where we have tickets for a game and then will see what I am going to do. Deciding between Rostov or Volvograd. Not sure about Moscow prices might spike like crazy during the WC.

I'll apply for that. How was the process? Do we need to pay anything other than ticket?

No it is for free and very straight forward. You just need your order ID for the tickets you have. Then you go to https://www.fan-id.ru and follow the steps.

World Cup 2018

I am going and got my fan ID in the mail last week. Gonna go a few days before the tournament starts and the cities get flooded by tourists. Got tickets to a couple of matches.

If anyone is interested in buying tickets still, official ticket exchange process starts on FIFA website on April 18th.

World Cup 2018

I think last phase of ticket sales are open right now. Did anyone apply?

World Cup 2018

where are you staying guys?
I will be there from july 1st to 8th but don't know where t stay(hostel,airbnb,couchsurfing..)
I'm a student
I also would love to meet you people since I'm a beginner and would love to learn new things there.

World Cup 2018

I was in Brazil for the World Cup in 2014. Although I had fun, to some extent, I also felt like it was the worst time to go to Brazil. Everything was more expensive, and there were way more foreign guys going for local girls. The clubs were often full of male football fans. The games will still be memorable, and you'll still meet women if you come to Russia, but I think you'd enjoy Russia at least almost as much for a fraction of the price if you go in May or July, or another year.

My advice would be to go to to Iceland, as something like 10% of adult males will leave that island to go to the world cup, leaving their womenfolk behind. Same logic applies, although to a lesser extent, to Poland, Sweden, Germany, Argentina, and Brazil, which all, at the very least, will be seeing less backpacking tourists then as millions converge on Russia.

World Cup 2018

Quote: (04-22-2018 11:11 PM)Ceasar Wrote:  

I was in Brazil for the World Cup in 2014. Although I had fun, to some extent, I also felt like it was the worst time to go to Brazil. Everything was more expensive, and there were way more foreign guys going for local girls. The clubs were often full of male football fans. The games will still be memorable, and you'll still meet women if you come to Russia, but I think you'd enjoy Russia at least almost as much for a fraction of the price if you go in May or July, or another year.

My advice would be to go to to Iceland, as something like 10% of adult males will leave that island to go to the world cup, leaving their womenfolk behind. Same logic applies, although to a lesser extent, to Poland, Sweden, Germany, Argentina, and Brazil, which all, at the very least, will be seeing less backpacking tourists then as millions converge on Russia.

What do you expect? When World Cup comes, of course prices will go up. I also went to Brazil during World Cup and it was amazing for me. I ended up staying 25-30 days there.

World Cup 2018

Quote: (04-22-2018 11:11 PM)Ceasar Wrote:  

I strongly disagree. I was at the Euros in Austria and Ukraine and at the World Cups in Germany and South Africa. Except in Ukraine I managed to get laid at least once during all the other tournaments. Of course ratios are not good at all but 95% of football supporters are either married, just want to get drunk and party, or doing P4P and strip clubs.

On the other side locals can get out of their boring lifestyle with events and parties going on everyday in their boring cities and everyone is in an almost holiday kind of mood. Furthermore lots of countries have quite a high female ratio of supporters. Go to the cities where Sweden, Colombia, Brazil are playing.

On another note. There is currently the last minute ticket sale going on. It is a first come first serve sale so if you want easy access into Russia for over a month just buy a ticket for some group game and go to any city you want.

World Cup 2018

Quote: (04-23-2018 05:26 AM)superschalk Wrote:  

On another note. There is currently the last minute ticket sale going on. It is a first come first serve sale so if you want easy access into Russia for over a month just buy a ticket for some group game and go to any city you want.

Can you give me more info? I didn't get it.