rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ayia Napa Cyprus 2016 Datasheet

Spent a week in Ayia Napa in July with friends. All in our 30s and not the high energy dancing monkey types, so our expectations were low.

Getting there:

You fly into Larnaca airport then to Napa from there. A taxi from airport to Napa costs 40 euros each way (booked online, company called george cyprus taxi, great service)

Theres a bus route also but you have to go into Larnaca town on one bus then change into another intercity one to Napa.

Phone:

I got an internet line for 20 euros (2gb data). Didnt ask around to see if theres better options.

Accomodation:

We stayed in an adults only hotel, had a lot of quality but not being cheap, i guess we missed out on the craziness. Airbnb had shitty options, unless you want to rent a small villa by yourself.

Theres mainly two areas, that are a few minutes apart. The Nissi Beach area where youll want to spend most of your days, and the town center area where youll spend most of your nights. So just decide where is more convenient to you.

We stayed in the center as its more convenient at night to be close to the action. Taxis from center to nissi beach cost 8 euros, generally. A few asked for 7 or 6 but 99% stuck to 8 standard.

Some hotels are more geared towards certain nationalities, russians and scandinavians have certain hotels that are mainly filled by them.

Eating out:

Theres plenty of restaurants in the center to choose from, one fast food place i can recommend is georgies handy food. Great filling gyros and shawarmas. Good pricier restaurants that we tried are Sage (french), Ocean Basket (seafood and sushi), Quadro (italian), los bandidos (mexican, nice vibe there)

Nationalities:

In the daytime id say i saw 40% russian 40% british 20% scandinavians.
At night i saw 60% british 20% russians 20% scandinavians.
Very few locals around.

Daygame:

Just stick to Nissi beach, on the Nissi beach Bar end (near Adams beach). Thats where the music, drinking, and foam parties will take place.
The other end is more families and kids.
You can rent a sunbed (2.5 euros) and umbrella (2.5 euros) for the day or just lay your towel on the beach.

The area in front of PUma beach bar is a great place if you dont want a sunbed. Otherwise stick to the nissi beach bar area.

Google will tell you Konos bay and fig tree are nice beaches to visit but for game purposes, dont bother. Theyre quiet and family oriented.

Nightgame:

All concentrated around the square in the center. Start at around 11-12.
Terrible mostly. hordes of fat teenagers in waist high shorts everywhere.
Kids screaming everywhere. Some week nights it was a bit quieter which made it more tolerable but mostly terrible.

Some nationalities congregate into certain bars:

Red square: Bar filled with russians mostly.
Soho club: Club filled with russians.

Blue moon club: Filled with scandinavians (didnt go)

Castle club is large and filled with a good mix of all.

The others are mostly brits.
Senor Frog is a bit terrible but sometimes, and its always busier earlier than others.

Pepper lounge is supposed to be geared towards older and more upscale but it was empty/shit every night except saturday when its filled with groups of locals, which makes it even more shit.

Online game:

Terrible mostly. Very few targets on tinder and most arent online/dont have internet etc....

Although as usual its a numbers game and youll find one or two who are looking for company.

Women and Game:

Quality on the beach was very high. But i felt that most stuck to their own nationalities. The british were the friendliest and most open. Scandinavians were very cold and snobbish. Russians were friendly but the language barrier killed me. Seeing all these hot women and not being able to access them because of lnaguage was very frustrating.

Guys approach on the beach A LOT. Youll see a girl getting hit on constantly.

At night time, its just a shitfest.
At 5 am youd see teenagers walking around the street choosing guys to go home with, but it was way too trashy of a scene to be around.

I was able to observe some russian guys caveman game and i must say it taught me a lot and was a big eye opener. Not gonna clog the datasheet with the stories but they do operate based on totally different principles.

I banged a russian that i met in a pub/restaurant (inspired by the caveman game that i had observed), and a british pipeline who actually was very enjoyable.

My friend banged a british girl after 1 minute of meeting her at the club.

But quality wise i must say it wasnt very satisfying compared to what you see, and you leave with a bitter taste in your mouth.

I would say only come here if youre very young/hyper, or if you have fluent russian. Otherwise, dont come here with game on your mind. Its a bit too overwhelming.

Beirut, I assume you are aware that the British people who go on holiday to somewhere like Ayia Napa are the bottom of the barrel of British society. Their whole life revolves around working a low paid job to get drunk at the weekend, and to once a year go to Magaluf (or Shagaluf as they call it), Ayia Napa or Ibiza.

Thanks for the datasheet, going there myself later in the summer.
I'm pretty young (20) and love to party. We're staying in a flat with a shared pool (found it on airbnb aha).

Would you recommend running beach game or just sticking to nightclubs, seeing as we're quite in shape?

I keep hearing that only "the bottom of the barrel of British society" go there, but are these people really that trashy?

Definitely do both beach game and night game. Dont sleep all day though, beach is a great place to meet girls.

Stick to the area in front of nissi bay bar or put towels on sand in front of puma bar. For you the second option might be better. You start seeing the same faces every day on the beach so you will definitely meet girls there.

I say hit beach as soon as you can, then at 5 or 6 when its desd go nap until 11-12 and hit the clubs.

The british werent that bad. Many cuties there definitely. And very friendly. Ive been to marmaris before and the crowd was worse there. Here there were plenty of classy types as well. On the beach its not a tacky vibe at all. However late at night it gets awful a bit. I dont think its them being bottom of the barrel as much as them being very young.

14-15 august is a huge party in cyprus so if youre there expect huge crowds of locals to come to ayia napa on those days.

Quote: (07-09-2016 03:03 PM)Beirut Wrote:  

My friend banged a british girl after 1 minute of meeting her at the club.

Is that a world record?

Great dataset Beirut, thanks for the info! I'm looking to check out a party island/beach soon this summer. I know they are not the best place to pull but they can be great fun. Lots of other activities, such as water sports to take part in. Not sure whether I would say - people that head to somewhere like Ayia Napa are the bottom of the barrel of British society, its a cheap holiday where people can enjoy the sun and blow of some steam. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote: (07-12-2016 02:31 PM)Steph Wrote:  

Thanks for the datasheet, going there myself later in the summer.
I'm pretty young (20) and love to party. We're staying in a flat with a shared pool (found it on airbnb aha).

Would you recommend running beach game or just sticking to nightclubs, seeing as we're quite in shape?

I keep hearing that only "the bottom of the barrel of British society" go there, but are these people really that trashy?

Quote: (07-13-2016 09:40 AM)jc7000kk Wrote:  

Great dataset Beirut, thanks for the info! I'm looking to check out a party island/beach soon this summer. I know they are not the best place to pull but they can be great fun. Lots of other activities, such as water sports to take part in. Not sure whether I would say - people that head to somewhere like Ayia Napa are the bottom of the barrel of British society, its a cheap holiday where people can enjoy the sun and blow of some steam. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe you could class Napa as one of the 'higher end' holiday locations out of the various party places for British people in Europe. But still, a lot pf the people that go are your standard going nowhere in life losers. Not as bad as areas in Spain though.

Yeah britchard I agree, I feel there is a disconnect between places such as Ayia Napa/Ibiza and on the other hand say the south of France. No real middle ground for summer holiday locations.

Ibiza has a pretty big high end scene thats still alive and well.

Maybe a middle ground would be somewhere like budva or mamaia maybe.

But trust me aya napa isnt that bad outside of the late hours scene.

Quote: (07-10-2016 03:32 AM)britchard Wrote:  

Beirut, I assume you are aware that the British people who go on holiday to somewhere like Ayia Napa are the bottom of the barrel of British society. Their whole life revolves around working a low paid job to get drunk at the weekend, and to once a year go to Magaluf (or Shagaluf as they call it), Ayia Napa or Ibiza.

Yes there are also the spice boy/girl types who may are deluded into thinking that its the place to be with exotic women, cheap drinks and good music.

The reality is that the majority of the UK women that go to these places are probably worse than the ones back in the UK with the rare exception that will be hit on in a day more than a boxer doing 10 rounds. These places seem like tourist traps now increasing the prices constantly and the only cheap drinks are low alcohol sugar drinks in some dive bars.