rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Calories per European country

I thought you guys might be interested in this data, there's a map showing the amount of calories consumed per European nation*. It's mostly EU.

[Image: Calorific_Consumption_EU_Infographic.png]

I'm wondering what the differences are within nations, especially cities, and also what the amount of calories consumed is further eastwards, Russia and the Balkans.

The amount of calories consumed must be correlated with the BMI fraction over 25, and thereby the percentage of slim people.

Them Austrians though, hungry people they are! Zuviel bier, wurst und sauerkraut.

* The Netherlands is colored orange (which is understandable [Image: wink.gif]) but that's incorrect, because the amount of calories consumed is 3000, which would bring it in the same league as Latvia (2990).

[Image: wtf.jpg]

I can't believe it that people are such gluttons that "less than 3000" is something considered low and found in only 3 countries! It's no wonder our obesity rates are on their way to join the fat man of Europe, UK, and then the fat man of the world, USA.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The UK has a high intake, but not as high as a lot of others.

I suspect there to be a great difference within countries w/ calorie intake.

Greece also likes to eat!

I'm amazed it's not higher in the UK!

Now we need a chart with calories burned per day. Italy, especially Rome, is a good example where there are a lot of calories consumed but most of the people aren't fat because they walk everywhere. I remember the last time I was there on the first day me and my brother got some food after finding out hostel. There were two guys that came in and sat next to us, but somewhat tall, skinny and lanky, and they both ordered a large pizza and beers. It was around 1pm. Their food got to them at about the same time ours did. I watched in amazement at how these two talked a million miles a minute and each ate an entire pizza themselves and they both finished in half the time we did. Honestly they were kinda acting like they were on coke or something. While there were a few people here and there that were fat it wasn't anything remotely similar to the US.

Women these days think they can shop for a man like they shop for a purse or a pair of shoes. Sorry ladies. It doesn't work that way.

Women are like sandwiches. All men love sandwiches. That's a given. But sandwiches are only good when they're fresh. Nobody wants a day old sandwich. The bread is all soggy and the meat is spoiled.

-Parlay44 @ http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35074.html

Austria? Under the radar there.

Christ. I eat 3k on days when I'm lifting. SMH.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Bunk data. Looks like statistical noise.

^ Not to mention, even if that data were accurate (although it's ok to use it as a light reference) it *does* matter where the calories are coming from. If Austrians really did eat nothing but juicy sausages all day then it should be ok in terms of their physicality, but countries guzzling beer and french fries are going to have a more rotten-looking population.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

It's completely inaccurate. Italy over 3500 calories? Are you fucking kidding me?
The average girl eats 1500 calories per day.

delete

Quote: (04-26-2015 08:47 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Yup:

[Image: _50326564_obesity_rates_464.gif]

For us this map is the most important one - we don't care if 60 year old Austrians consume lot's of calories in their beer.

This is where the music plays:

[Image: global_obesity_women.jpg]

And even that map is misleading since we don't care about 50 year old Russian mamushkas. What matters to us is the obesity index for the 18-35 age group. But at least it's a proxy for the real thing and more less correct.

This one discounted for older women and accounts only for underage girls - meaning that it shows you the likelihood of girls being fat at age 18:

[Image: obesity-map-3.png?w=500&h=347]
I think this is the best map for our interest for the most interested age group of 18-35.

I'm going to assume this was graphic made up for 2 reasons:

1. I can't fathom how researchers would measure the average amount of calories consumed. This would require a sample size in the hundreds of thousands to get any meaningful results. No government would pay for such a pointless study.

2. The website you got that from does not cite a source and reads like a 5 year old wrote it.

It is also a rather unimportant statistic. Calories consumed is only an input of obesity. Why measure that when obesity is much easier to measure?

Edit: Further evidence: the infographic itself cites confused.com which looks like a scam site for insurance.

AUstria doesn't surprised me..its one of the country where the food is rich and heavy from all the hiking and mountain sports they do...its really really heavy and most of the time I had a lot of trouble finishing my meals there because its really fat.

Quote: (04-26-2015 10:15 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (04-26-2015 08:47 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Yup:

[Image: _50326564_obesity_rates_464.gif]

For us this map is the most important one - we don't care if 60 year old Austrians consume lot's of calories in their beer.

This is where the music plays:

[Image: global_obesity_women.jpg]

And even that map is misleading since we don't care about 50 year old Russian mamushkas. What matters to us is the obesity index for the 18-35 age group. But at least it's a proxy for the real thing and more less correct.

This one discounted for older women and accounts only for underage girls - meaning that it shows you the likelihood of girls being fat at age 18:

[Image: obesity-map-3.png?w=500&h=347]
I think this is the best map for our interest for the most interested age group of 18-35.

These maps make me very sad.

I am not surprised regarding obesity rates and the UK and Ireland.

In fact, Anglo-Celtics seem to have horribly slow metabolisms and myself I will very easily lump on KGs if i'm eating too much.

According to the WHO (2014!), Eastern European women now bypassing waistlines of Western or Southern Europe.

(Worldwide, men are thinner in most countries. This supports the idea, men are either trying harder to be fit or women trying less to be fit.)

http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/01/...tries-maps

I agree with most people here, everyone who's been to Eastern Europe knows obesity rates differ tremendously age group.

Also, look at the women of the Middle East! My, oh my... These people _really_ love their kebabs, dates & couscous.

Quote: (04-30-2015 06:57 AM)Maciano Wrote:  

According to the WHO (2014!), Eastern European women now bypassing waistlines of Western or Southern Europe.

(Worldwide, men are thinner in most countries. This supports the idea, men are either trying harder to be fit or women trying less to be fit.)

http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/01/...tries-maps

I agree with most people here, everyone who's been to Eastern Europe knows obesity rates differ tremendously age group.

Also, look at the women of the Middle East! My, oh my... These people _really_ love their kebabs, dates & couscous.

You haven't been in Eastern Europe it seems. As I pointed out the 60 year old overweight Babushka does not count. They have a long long way to bypass British girls - on account on more sane gender-ratios, more prevalent fat-shaming and less money for fast-food I doubt if they will reach it at all within the next decades.

In my experience with the Middle East, young people are low on obesity but when they grow old everyone carries around a beer belly. Pretty much zero walking around here so once you have a family all you do is sit at home and stuff your face.

But in college/school fatties are rare.

Zelcorpion,

I have (though I haven't been going a lot the past 8 years), and I wrote "I agree with most people here, everyone who's been to Eastern Europe knows obesity rates differ tremendously age group." But a trend is a trend: the data is telling us obesity is increasing in Eastern Europe, while stalling in West/South Europe. Eastern European migrants are rarely thinner than the average European, to be honest. Surely, not thinner than the French or Italians.

Beirut,

I've only been to Egypt and Turkey, I didn't see too many obese people. Some, but nothing extraordinary. In Malaysia, I did see a lot of fat Saudi/Kuwaiti children tourists.

Quote: (04-30-2015 08:31 AM)Maciano Wrote:  

Zelcorpion,

I have (though I haven't been going a lot the past 8 years), and I wrote "I agree with most people here, everyone who's been to Eastern Europe knows obesity rates differ tremendously age group." But a trend is a trend: the data is telling us obesity is increasing in Eastern Europe, while stalling in West/South Europe. Eastern European migrants are rarely thinner than the average European, to be honest. Surely, not thinner than the French or Italians.

Beirut,

I've only been to Egypt and Turkey, I didn't see too many obese people. Some, but nothing extraordinary. In Malaysia, I did see a lot of fat Saudi/Kuwaiti children tourists.

French, Italians, Swiss, Norwegians, Dutch and on lesser extent Belgians, Danish and Swedish are on average thinner than all eastern european nationalities, with the exception of romanians (which not surprisingly are on average more LAtin than Slavic) who are probably the thinnest people in europe. The only countries in Western europe with fatter than Average EU obessity levels are Iceland, Finland and obviously UK/Ireland (not surprise here since they are the most culturally akin to North America ) who are not only fatter than eastern europe, but by far the fattest european nations.

Quote: (05-02-2015 06:16 PM)MaratSafin Wrote:  

French, Italians, Swiss, Norwegians, Dutch, Belgians, Danish and Swedish are on average thinner than all eastern european nationalities, with the exception of romanians who are probably the thinnest people in europe. The only countries in Western europe with fatter than Average EU obessity levels are Iceland, Finland and obviously UK/Ireland who are the fattest of all europe.

It seems we have a Muslim Fat Troll chiming in on his first post after getting too many rejections by Eastern European girls.

The most complete and up to date obesity map as I see it is found here

http://vizhub.healthdata.org/obesity/

- the latest data is for 2013
- you can choose to see only female statistics
- you can limit by age group - for instance 20-24, 25-29 or 30-34
- you can see development over time
- it covers mostly all countries

Quote: (05-02-2015 06:26 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2015 06:16 PM)MaratSafin Wrote:  

French, Italians, Swiss, Norwegians, Dutch, Belgians, Danish and Swedish are on average thinner than all eastern european nationalities, with the exception of romanians who are probably the thinnest people in europe. The only countries in Western europe with fatter than Average EU obessity levels are Iceland, Finland and obviously UK/Ireland who are the fattest of all europe.

It seems we have a Muslim Fat Troll chiming in on his first post after getting too many rejections by Eastern European girls.

So we are all forced to find the eastern european looks the prettiest of all otherwise we are trolling???

Quote: (05-02-2015 09:27 PM)allaround Wrote:  

The most complete and up to date obesity map as I see it is found here

http://vizhub.healthdata.org/obesity/

- the latest data is for 2013
- you can choose to see only female statistics
- you can limit by age group - for instance 20-24, 25-29 or 30-34
- you can see development over time
- it covers mostly all countries

That is probably the most exact data available through the official channels - thanks. Still - there is one problem with it as far as I see: I don't believe it fully.

Especially if you select the males and the age group of 20-24 you will find that 50% of Americans between 20-24 are supposedly obese or massively overweight. Even with most European countries - countries where I am at weekly in Eastern and Western Europe it is supposedly 35-40% at ages of 20-24!

I simply don't believe it - one may say that you cannot argue with data, but I would like to know how they came about that data, because when I enter a university in Eastern Europe I have trouble finding 40% overweight and obese students. I'll give you 10-20%, but not 30-40%.