rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Brodiaga in Indonesia

I'm starting this thread before embarking on a 3 week adventure in Indonesia and Thailand. I'm going to blog about this trip and share my experiences.

Here is the trip plan:
-One week in Bali
-One week in Jakarta
-One week in Thailand (Starting from Bangkok)

In Bali, I've booked a hotel for the first 3 days in Kuta Beach, then will see how it goes and where else I want to stay.
Jakarta - booked an airbnb apartment near Plaza Indonesia.
Thailand/Bangkok - booked a Hotel on Sukhumvit for the first 2 days, then will decide where else to go (possibly Ko Samet).

All my reservations are pretty flexible (except for the return ticket back home), so I can play by ear and adjust this plan depending on what happens during the trip.

Some background about me:
-I'm in my early 30s, look young-ish. Average height, slim/athletic, consider myself average looking, inexperienced when it comes to game, but do pretty well in Asia.
-I am most comfortable with online game, but would like to get out of my comfort zone if I can. I pipelined on a couple of dating sites before the trip. Got some numbers (mostly in Jakarta).
-I've already been to Thailand and know my way around, but never been to Indonesia.
-I've read trip reports from guys who got dozens (or even hundreds?) of notches in Asia. This isn't going to be one of them. My goal is to have fun and enjoy the trip, not to go for a world record.

Wish me luck, guys. I'll keep you posted.

*Correction - errors*

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Looking forward to your write up.

Check out club Mint in Bali Thurs-Sat nights, get there around midnight.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Seconded. Particularly interested in hearing about the Indonesia leg of your trip. Thailand has been written about ad nauseum here, of course, but I suspect that Indonesia is a goldmine for the right people, and particularly for me for a few different reasons. Good luck!

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Kuta Beach, Bali, Indonesia

It’s too hot today, so I’m in my hotel room writing this. I arrived yesterday and got my Indonesian flag the same night from Sky Garden nightclub in Kuta Beach. It wasn’t as cool as it sounds, but still a pretty cool experience.

Anyway… the flight and arrival were smooth: got some sleep during the flight, exchanged some $$ for local currency, bought a local SIM card, took a taxi from the airport to my hotel, checked in. The hotel is great: located in Kuta Beach close to a bunch of clubs and bars, short walk to the beach, nice pool, new rooms.

Walked a few blocks around my hotel. Kuta reminds me of Phuket, but it’s probably even more third world: narrow streets with chaotic traffic, motorbikes everywhere, even on sidewalks, local dudes trying to sell you all kinds of shit – legal and illegal, massage places, street markets, etc. Lots of young and loud Aussies – Bali is to them what Cancun is to Americans or Turkey/Egypt to Russians.

Everything is pretty cheap by US standards: $6 for a 20 min taxi ride from the airport, under $10 for a nice dinner with beer. Imported alcohol is expensive, though. Prices are pretty similar to touristy places in Thailand.

I had dinner, then a couple of drinks and walked to Sky Garden which is walking distance from my hotel. Got there about midnight. It’s a huge multilevel nightclub with different music and crowds on different dance floors. The entrance fee is 100K in local currency ($8.5) including one free drink. I chose what they call long island ice tea which tasted like fucking gasoline with sugar. I have no fucking idea what they mixed in there, couldn’t finish it. Drinks at the bar are about 60-80K. Pretty much everybody smokes at the club. If cigarette smoke bothers you, don't even come to Bali.

The crowd at the club is a mix of mainly young Aussies and Indonesians. The ratio wasn't good on a Thursday night. Probably about 3/4 guys. I was too sober for night game and a little jet lagged, but I pushed myself to talk to a chick after checking out most of the dance floors. The first girl I talk to turned out to be Russian, a very cute brunette. We immediately switched to Russian, which is my native language. She seemed open and nice, but I totally fucked up that approach. Fucking music was blasting so loud that I had to repeat my questions and even then didn't hear some of her answers. I tried to “venue change” within the club, but it was too loud for me at a different place, too. For some reason it’s difficult for me to distinguish speech from loud background noise – something is fucked up in my head I guess… anyway, the conversation with the chick died off and I just left. Should have just grabbed her and started dancing instead, but I was too sober for that.

Then I hit on a few Indonesian chicks. It was about 2am, so some of them had already developed bitch shields from constant approaching by guys.2 or 3 of them rejected me, then I walked away from one who looked cuter from the distance but turned out to be ugly up close when we started talking. I posted up at the rooftop bar which was pretty cool with a DJ playing hip hop, even though it was kind of a sausage fest at that time. An Indonesian chick sitting on the bar (not at the bar, on the bar) waved at me. I walked up to her, she was already buzzed. Mid-late 20s, a little on the chubby side, but sexy. She is from Jakarta, staying in Bali at her sister’s place. She was with a group of friends: her sister, a couple of friendly Indonesian guys and a hot Indonesian girl with a white dude who turned out to be from Belarus, so I spoke Russian with him a little bit. The dude’s hot girlfriend said something to me in Russian which I couldn't understand because of her Indonesian accent. Then the guy told me that she said “Ya lublu hui” – “I love cock”. That’s a cool group of friends, I thought.

Anyway, my new “date” is already grinding and rubbing against me. We start kissing and dancing. I buy her a couple of drinks and try to separate her from the group and bring her to my hotel, but she refuses to leave them. Then we all bounce to a different club called DeeJay. It’s a smaller and more upscale club, also in Kuta Beach. Entry is something like 60K including one drink. The chick asks me to pay for her and her sister, I thought what the fuck, I’ll pay, it’s cheap by US standards. At the club, the chick takes some ecstasy with her sister. She wants me to try too, but I refuse. Bitch starts tripping on ecstasy, dancing to the rhythm, almost fucking me right there at the club. Btw, the music at DeeJay is fantastic: a Tiesto-like selection of tracks, excellent sound and light effects.

I’m already low on cash - took less than $100 in local currency with me that night. I have just enough for the taxi ride to my hotel, so no more drinks for you bitch. I start thinking maybe I shouldn’t bring her to my place, she’s so fucked up, this may not end well. Anyway, her sister leaves, so do most of the friends, and she’s ready to take a taxi to my place. We get in the room, shower and bang pretty much right away. She sucks a mean dick and fucks like it’s her last time. I even drank Bintang beer from the bottle while the chick was blowing me, but dropped the bottle on the tile floor in the hotel room and it broke… well, at least nobody got injured.

I wake up about 9 in the morning, we bang again. She looks worse than she did last night being hung over and shit… not ugly, just kind of plain looking. To give her credit, she understood from my body language that I didn’t want her to hang around much longer and left about half an hour later. I paid for her taxi ride back to sister’s place. She left me her number, but I’m not going to call. I don’t think she expects me to call, either.

Tonight I’m meeting with a 23 y.o. chick I pipelined on Dateinasia. If she flakes, will probably check out Hard Rock Café and a couple of more places. Don’t know if I’ll return to Sky Bar, though.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-22-2013 02:06 AM)Kangaroo Wrote:  

Looking forward to your write up.

Check out club Mint in Bali Thurs-Sat nights, get there around midnight.

Mint was closed last night (Sunday) I should have checked in advance before going there. I thought that Thu-Sat were the best nights and it was open all week, but it wasn't.

I didn't do much yesterday until the evening. The girl I pipelined on DIA texted me she couldn't make it, but then changed her mind and texted again about 7pm when I was asleep (still getting used to this time zone). I replied when I woke up, and we agreed to meet at a shopping mall near my hotel.

The 23yo girl looked worse than her picture. She would be bangable if it wasn't for the acne on her face. I wanted to be polite so we sat at a nearby bar. Then I saw that her nails looked horrible and she didnt even care to manicure them before the date. She works as a cook in Denpasar. She has a little kid and lives with her parents. At the bar, she started talking some stupid shit and i thought that was enough for me. Got the check, ended the date. She's the only one I pipelined in Bali, but there are much better "candidates" in Jakarta.

It was already 11-30pm and I walked to the Hard Rock Cafe. There was a cover band playing popular rock songs. I liked the place, but it was half empty on a Sunday night. Mostly Asian crowd, people sitting in groups at the tables and talking to each other. I had a beer there and left, took a taxi to Mint.

Instead of Mint, the taxi driver took me to a different, closer location in Seminyak with a bunch of gay bars (wtf?). The bastard told me that there are many clubs on this street and Mint was a short walk away. It didn't occur to me that I was just being scammed. Anyway, took another taxi to Mint from there, saw that it was closed, then took that taxi back to Kuta, to Sky Garden. It was like 2AM by the time we got to Sky Garden. We got stuck in a traffic jam on one of the narrow streets on the way there. I was too tired to go clubbing by that time, so I walked back to my hotel and called it a night.

I am getting tired of Kuta Beach. My booking at the hotel is for 3 nights, so tomorrow i'll either have to extend my stay or check out. I thought I would move to Seminyak, which is supposed to be more upscale, but what I saw last night on the way to Mint and back didn't inspire me to stay there. It is more upscale, but there seems to be little going on. It's time to read Lonely Planet and decide where to go next.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-24-2013 06:15 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

I am getting tired of Kuta Beach. My booking at the hotel is for 3 nights, so tomorrow i'll either have to extend my stay or check out. I thought I would move to Seminyak, which is supposed to be more upscale, but what I saw last night on the way to Mint and back didn't inspire me to stay there. It is more upscale, but there seems to be little going on. It's time to read Lonely Planet and decide where to go next.

Brodiaga, maybe you should head up to Ubud for a few days. It is just one hour by taxi inland to the mountains. Its a cool place, the arts/yoga center of Bali. It has a low-key nightlife - you will meet mainly Western yoga/spiritual girls there in chill out cafes and small bars - this is not a clubbing city. There are some interesting outdoor activities starting from Ubud - check your LP.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Bounty and Skygarden are your main options from sun-wed, Mint for thurs-sat, potato head is meant to be good too.

I would stay in Seminyak for the weekends and Kuta for the weekdays, Kuta is the same thing each day, just a bunch of aussie bogans getting smashed.

Rent a scooter for the week, good fun and passes the time during the day.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Sky Garden is a waste of time. Bad music, bad crowd, bad drinks.

Anyway, cool nice girls in Kuta can be met on daylight at the Hard Rock and other coffee shops.

For Mint I can vouch for. Excellent music and vibe in there. Plenty of hotties, but upscale, dress nicely.

Also, be sure not to miss an afternoon at Ku De Ta. Also in Seminyak, one of the best places for western women and a very cool outdoors lounge vibe.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

I'm going to Ubud tomorrow. Booked a hotel for 2 nights. Thu-Fr night will be either in Ubud or Seminyak, haven't decided yet. Then I'm flying to Jakarta. Ubud will not be about bangs, more about relaxing and clearing my head from all the shit, the cubicle dweller's mindset and all the negativity and boredom that go with it. My pipeline in Jakarta looks very promising. Great logistics, too - I'm staying near Plaza Indonesia. Let's see how it goes.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Good updates.

I'll be in BKK throughout the year, PM me if you want to hit the clubs [Image: smile.gif]

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-25-2013 02:29 PM)Unique Wrote:  

Good updates.

I'll be in BKK throughout the year, PM me if you want to hit the clubs [Image: smile.gif]

Sure man, will send you a PM.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-25-2013 07:52 AM)Doc_J Wrote:  

Sky Garden is a waste of time. Bad music, bad crowd, bad drinks.

This is spot on, but I couldn't avoid it last night. Not a lot of options on a Monday night other than Sky Garden, but I tried to find something else before I ended up there. Couldn't find Bounty even though I live on Poppies Lane 2. Went to a club called Engine Room, opposite Sky Garden. Free entry, the crowd are pretty much 100% Aussie college kids. They're cool and all, but not my kind of crowd. Took off after a few minutes at that club, crossed the street to Sky Garden. The entry was free to both clubs last night.

Sky Garden was a massive sausage fest, even worse than 2 nights ago when I picked up that chick from there. Basically everywhere you go you see guys. Probably 75% cock, pushing 90% by 2-3am. As you can imagine, bitch shields went through the roof. I hit on maybe 10 girls in total - white and Indonesian. Most of them blew me off pretty much right away. I mean, for fucks sake, I didn't come all the way to Asia to see this kind of shit. Most clubs in New York have better ratios (and friendlier girls, for that matter).

One group of Indonesian chicks was friendly, and I spent the first hour or two dancing and drinking with them at the rooftop bar. There were a couple of dudes with them, but as the night progressed, more and more dudes showed up out of nowhere and started circling around trying to get some. The girl that showed interest in me looked like a 12 y.o., even though she's actually like 21 yo. I'm not a guy who goes for that kind of look, so I didn't make any effort to game her or even "protect" her from other dudes who started hitting on her. By that time, dudes were hitting on everything with a pulse. The Indonesian chicks left. I don't think any guys who were hitting on them got laid that night, maybe except one who had spent hours gaming one of the chicks.

Anyway, I started hitting on other chicks just for the hell of it. Talked to a few working girls, wished them good luck with their business. Then hit on a Russian girl who pretended to be Austrian (yeah right, like I can't tell). It was about 3am, many people were leaving, so I called it a night and walked back to my place.

Travel Tips:

Kuta Beach: Ok to spend a couple of nights there, but don't make a non-refundable reservation for longer than that. Book a night or two, then negotiate with the hotel if you want to extend your stay (chances are you won't). It's a dump, though it can fun for a couple of nights. If you stay there, find a hotel on Poppies Lane 2 or in the surrounding area, then you can walk to the Hard Rock Cafe, Sky Garden and other clubs. There is also Beach Walk, a new open air shopping mall nearby with nice shops and restaurants. I stayed at Satriya Cottages which is a very good hotel for abt $55/night. Stay within walking distance from the action, because the traffic is shit, taxi drivers will try to scam you, and riding your own motorbike is not fun and can be dangerous.

Clubs/Bars:

Sky Garden: Don't go there if you can avoid it, but if you're in Kuta on a Monday night, you probably can't.

Hard Rock Cafe Liked the place, but it was half empty on a Sunday night.

Engine Room Don't bother.... or maybe go there if you need to use the toilet.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-25-2013 09:15 AM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

I'm going to Ubud tomorrow.

I enjoyed this downhill cycling tour :

http://www.baliecocycling.com/cycling-tour/

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-25-2013 08:38 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Travel Tips:

Kuta Beach: Ok to spend a couple of nights there, but don't make a non-refundable reservation for longer than that. Book a night or two, then negotiate with the hotel if you want to extend your stay (chances are you won't). It's a dump, though it can fun for a couple of nights. If you stay there, find a hotel on Poppies Lane 2 or in the surrounding area, then you can walk to the Hard Rock Cafe, Sky Garden and other clubs. There is also Beach Walk, a new open air shopping mall nearby with nice shops and restaurants. I stayed at Satriya Cottages which is a very good hotel for abt $55/night. Stay within walking distance from the action, because the traffic is shit, taxi drivers will try to scam you, and riding your own motorbike is not fun and can be dangerous.

Brodiaga:

Weren't there any opportunities for day game, like malls or cafe's or internet cafe's or the beach?

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-27-2013 03:23 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

Brodiaga:

Weren't there any opportunities for day game, like malls or cafe's or internet cafe's or the beach?

Most of the time I don't have the balls to run day game, though I did it in Thailand when I went there a few years ago, and slept with some of the best girls I've ever slept with as a result. Haven't run day game during this trip yet, but I'll definitely try in in Jakarta. I even have small post-it notes. The idea I have is to approach a girl, say at a shopping mall, and use this script:

-Hi, do you speak English?
-Yes.
-What's your name?
-(Name)
-I'm Brodiaga, nice to meet you.
-Nice to meet you too.
-Sorry, it's a little random, but I think you're cute and I'd like to ask you out. Here's my number (writing down name and number on the post it note). If you'd like to meet up, why don't you call me or text me later, ok?

Then, 3 possible scenarios:
-Insta-date (happened to me in Thailand when I did something similar)
-Girl calls back
-Silence.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-25-2013 09:35 PM)Steve9 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-25-2013 09:15 AM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

I'm going to Ubud tomorrow.

I enjoyed this downhill cycling tour :

http://www.baliecocycling.com/cycling-tour/

I did this today and enjoyed it a lot, thanks for the link man!

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-27-2013 09:02 AM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Quote: (11-27-2013 03:23 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

Brodiaga:

Most of the time I don't have the balls to run day game, though I did it in Thailand when I went there a few years ago, and slept with some of the best girls I've ever slept with as a result. Haven't run day game during this trip yet, but I'll definitely try in in Jakarta. I even have small post-it notes. The idea I have is to approach a girl, say at a shopping mall, and use this script:

-Hi, do you speak English?
-Yes.
-What's your name?
-(Name)
-I'm Brodiaga, nice to meet you.
-Nice to meet you too.
-Sorry, it's a little random, but I think you're cute and I'd like to ask you out. Here's my number (writing down name and number on the post it note). If you'd like to meet up, why don't you call me or text me later, ok?

Then, 3 possible scenarios:
-Insta-date (happened to me in Thailand when I did something similar)
-Girl calls back
-Silence.

Thanks for your thoughts.

My understanding is that sometimes these girls in the daytime can act very shy, but if a guy just has a way to either take her number or to give her his number (even on a piece of paper), there will be a fairly high percentage of call backs - at least a higher percentage than a guy would receive in the west.

Also, it seems to me that sometimes as a traveler, we are going to be able to get away with behaviors that we would NOT be able to get away with as a local - or at least that traveler status gives us excuses to project ourselves as wanting to meet random girls that strike our fancy.

I am curious why you would consider a daytime approach plan for Jakarta, but you were NOT thinking about the same for Bali? Were there just NOT enough girls in Bali (as a ratio to tourists?) or some other reason(s)? I recall that you said that it was hot, so that may affect how many people are on the street - but malls are a different story, no?

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote:Quote:

There were a couple of dudes with them, but as the night progressed, more and more dudes showed up out of nowhere and started circling around trying to get some.

I love - and hate - when this happens.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-27-2013 11:29 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

I am curious why you would consider a daytime approach plan for Jakarta, but you were NOT thinking about the same for Bali?

I have to be in the right state of mind to daygame, and I guess I am still not. Alcohol helps a lot at night, but there is nothing to replace it during the day. I'm not frustrated about that, because this part of the trip is not so much about getting laid. Hopefully by the time I'm in Jakarta my mind adjusts and I have the balls to approach during the day, too.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

I'm in Ubud right now, flying to Jakarta tomorrow. I would definitely recommend going to Ubud at least for 2-3 days. This place has a completely different vibe than Kuta. I think the word for it is serenity. The vibe of the place is so cool that it put my mind at ease pretty much immediately when I arrived.

I'll write up a list of things to see when I'm done with all the sightseeing, but right now just want to share something interesting that happened. Ubud is a small village, so you run into the same people, but I didn't expect to run into the chick I had banged in Kuta 3 nights ago.

I was tired and sleepy last night after a full day of sightseeing, but wanted to hit a couple of nightlife spots. First went to a salsa place called Havana Club, but it was too late at 11-ish: the band stopped playing and people already left. The bartender told me that 9pm is the best time to get there, so maybe will check it out tonight. Then I went to CP Lounge which turn out to be not that bad for Ubud which is not famous for its nightlife options. A cover band was playing at a stage in the main, open air lounge, then there's a billiard area and a small, separate space where a DJ was playing. I ordered a mohito and was trying not to fall asleep. Then an Indonesian guy from the table behind me invites me to his table where he sits with a couple of girls. I introduce myself and chit chat for with the guy for a bit, then the girl sitting next to him asks if I remember her. I say no, I don't, and the guy is like, are you sure? I look at the chick and then it hits me! Yes, it's the one I picked up from Sky Garden on my first night! I still don't admit that I recognize her.... for no specific reason, probably because this coincidence kind of threw me off. She looks kind of pissed off but doesn't cause a scene. By the way, she looked kind of hot in the club lighting, definitely much hotter than she did in the morning after the bang.

So, here I am sitting at a table with a bunch of people and feeling awkward. The guy is chatty and seems to know everybody. Another Indonesian girl comes by and says hello to him and the group. The Sky Garden chick introduces herself to the girl by a different name than she had told me a few nights ago. I have to break the awkwardness of me sitting there saying nothing, so I say hi to the new chick and invite her to sit next to me. The chick looks pretty good, kind of tall for an Indonesian. Before we start chatting, the Sky Garden chick says something to her in Indonesian, apparently a short summary about me and my moral character. I don't know what it was, maybe something like "Watch out, this asshole fucked my face a few nights ago and now he doesn't even recognize me".

I keep talking to the girl next to me, but I'm feeling disoriented not knowing what was said about me. The girl next to me offers to move to the area where the DJ is playing, so she, another girl I don't know, and I go there, and the chatty guy with the Sky Garden girl go to the billiards area. I'm too lost to run game on the new girl, even though she's very friendly with me. I talk a little bit about random shit, mainly about how sleepy I am and that I need another vodka and red bull to not fall asleep. After awhile, she tells me that now she's sleepy and leaves the club together with her friend. I don't ask her for the number because I still feel a bit weird. The club is half empty, so I sit and observe for a little bit like a fly on the wall. I check out the other areas, can't see the Sky Garden girl anywhere (even if I did, what could i tell her?). It's about 2am and I walk back to my room.

On the way back I start thinking about why exactly I didn't say that I recognized the girl in the first place. I guess mainly because I didn't recognize her right away and then didn't wan't to make the situation more awkward than it already was. However, there was something else going on, too. The chick is just another club rat. At Sky Garden, she was asking me to buy her drinks, then to pay for her and her sister to enter another club. While I enjoyed having sex with her, I felt that I was a little... used. As a guy I don't mind paying for girls' drinks and shit, but I then I don't feel that I have to be nice if I run into the girl again.

Enough rambling for today, I guess here's the point I'm trying to make. If a girl acts like a bitch, I'll treat her like a bitch. That's one of the rules I live by, and while I didn't get laid last night because I applied this rule, I don't regret it.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Ubud: Travel Tips

I spent 3 days in Ubud, so here are some tips based on my experience.

If you are in Bali, Ubud is definitely worth checking out. Spend at least 2-3 nights here and see if you like it and want to stay longer. Just spend a couple of days walking around the town, maybe book one or two organized tours, like this one http://www.baliecocycling.com/cycling-tour/

Sights and Daytime Activities

I’m not writing a guidebook here, but I can recommend one: Ubud Unanchor Travel Guide - Art and Culture in Ubud, Bali - 1 day Highlights by Ray Montgomery.

All main sights in Ubud are within walking distance. I went to one museum, two temples, walked the rice fields, went to Monkey Forest and bought a couple of souvenirs from the street market. All the sights are either free or cheap.
Lots of excellent dining options. Portions are rather small. Go to Lotus Café near the temple and get a table in the back with a temple view.

Cheap massages: 70K for an hour of traditional Balinese massage. You can’t go wrong with a massage for the price of a drink at a bar.

Accommodation

I used booking.com and stayed at a small hotel near Monkey Forest. There are tons of hotels and guesthouses. Make sure it’s walking distance from the center (I would use CP Lounge as a point of reference, more on this lounge later).

Nightlife

People keep saying don’t come to Ubud for the nightlife, but it’s surprisingly good. As I mentioned, this part of the trip was not about “swooping”, but I’m pretty sure it’s possible with a moderate amount of game.

Most nightlife options are concentrated around the football field, all within 5-10 minutes’ walk.

Havana Club. It’s a salsa club which is very good. Went there on my first night at 11 and it was too late. Last night got there at 9 and there was a nice crowd and a live band playing. The best ratio I’ve ever seen at a salsa club. Mostly western girls and a couple of odd Chinese tourists. I was almost the only guy who danced there except for the instructors. Girls had to dance with each other or just sit and drink at the bar – that’s how bad it was for them. If you’re any good at salsa, you’ll fucking own that club. I just know a couple of moves, but that was enough to dance. I would have danced much more than I did, but it was too hot for me, so I spent a lot of time just standing next to the air conditioner. Talked to a couple of girls about random stuff, but didn’t try to game them (maybe I should have, but I think Western girls are too much work, can’t be bothered in Indonesia). I saw some of the girls at CP lounge later that night, so if you dance with them at the salsa club, you can stop by and say hello later or run into them during the day.

CP Lounge

This is the place to hang out at night. Get there around 11-30 to midnight. The party’s on till late. There is a cover band playing in the main open air area, then there’s a lounge with a DJ. When the cover band stops at around 12-30 most people move to the lounge. A mixed crowd of tourists and expats. Mostly foreign, but some Indonesians too. Pretty good ratio, about 50/50. Good place overall given that it’s in Ubud, I just wish there were more people there.

Other venues: I walked by a bunch of bars, and a couple of them were packed on a Thursday night. There a place called Laughing Buddha which pretty is close to CP lounge. Across the football/soccer field, there is a shisha bar and a few more places. Just walk around - they’re all in the same area.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

I'm in Jakarta. Can't be fucked writing a long post right now, but all I can tell you is that Jakarta is the shit. I repeat, this city is THE SHIT.

Brodiaga in Indonesia

So excited
BTW, have you tried pipelining at all? Curious about that..

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Brodiaga in Indonesia

Quote: (11-30-2013 11:39 AM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

I'm in Jakarta. Can't be fucked writing a long post right now, but all I can tell you is that Jakarta is the shit. I repeat, this city is THE SHIT.

I'm waiting in anticipation!

Brodiaga in Indonesia

You like Jakarta?! I spent about 3 months in indonesia (2 separate trips) and the first city i went to was jakarta. I stayed one night. It was enough.