rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Los Angeles Data Sheet - 2018

Greetings,

I've received a ton of invaluable info from this forum, and have been wanting to give back for some time. So, I've taken several days to write up a long data sheet the city of Los Angeles. We have a long Los Angeles thread here, but it hasn't been updated in a long time, a lot of the comments are simply bashing LA, and a data sheet like this can easily get lost in a 100+ page thread. So, I thought it was worth it to post a brand new sheet.

Los Angeles is a tough city to make a data sheet about, so I acknowledge it isn't perfect and would appreciate any contributions. As with many cities, the nightlife scene in LA changes a lot. A spot can be hot one day, and absolutely dead a few months later. This datasheet is current as of Spring 2018.

Intro/Background:

About Me:
- I have been going out for several years now in LA, usually once a week or more. I am mid 20s and consider myself average looking with most controllable variables in my favor (income, logistics, in good shape, etc). My game is solid - I am comfortable talking to girls in night venues, escalating, and closing, but not at the point where I can pull whenever I want. I usually go out with a group of friends but am comfortable rolling solo and do it from time to time. While I have a good social circle, something about cold approach excites me, and I genuinely enjoy the chase.

- Day game isn't really my thing outside of bars/brunches, and I haven't done online game for some time. If online is your thing, fire up Bumble, Tinder is basically dead here last time I checked. This datasheet will be primarily focused on nightgame.

- I met multiple local guys from McQueens now-defunct forum, and am happy to meet for a beer or to go out with anybody who's around, feel free to shoot me a PM anytime.

City Layout and Logistics:
LA is a sprawling city. The city itself has 4 million people, and the metro area (which includes Orange Country) has 15 million and is 4,900 square miles.. that is more than half of the size of New Jersey. The long distances are exacerbated by the traffic, when during rush hour it can take 2 hours to go 15 miles.

[Image: attachment.jpg39043]   

This map sums up the area that a visitor should think of as "Los Angeles", and it is the area that I will focus on. Note that doesn't correspond to the city name - Santa Monica is its own municipality, and the San Fernando Valley (north part of this map, usually just called "the valley") is part of LA. There are great areas that are not on this map, such as Orange County and Hermosa Beach, but that would be a separate datasheet.

The three circles are Santa Monica/Venice ("The Westside"), Hollywood/Weho, and Downtown LA (DTLA). These three regions have the most dense concentration of young people and nightlife.But, if you want to understand why logistics here are notoriously bad, take a look at the scale at the bottom right-hand corner - these areas are very far apart. Driving between any of them takes 15 minutes without traffic at best, and can be over an hour with traffic. Santa Monica to Hollywood is especially bad since there isn't a direct freeway.

As a local or a tourist, you can choose to live within one of these circles, and have solid logistics to the nightlife within that circle but bad logistics anywhere else, OR, you can live in areas in between, having mediocre logistics to each of the 3 regions, but not good ones for any of them. This is a constant dilemma for anybody who lives in LA and prefers a diversity of nightlife versus just going out in one place all the time.

If you're just visiting, my personal recommendation would be to stay in Santa Monica (if you prefer beach over nightlife) or Hollywood (if you prefer nightlife over beach).

Although there is nightlife outside of those circles on this map, specifically in Koreatown and Silver Lake, the majority of the nightlife is concentrated within one of the circles. Thus, my data sheet will focus on those 3 areas. The Silver Lake scene is pretty hipster, but girls can be pretty down and competition isn't high. I just don't go there often enough to do a write-up.

Daytime:

Things to Do:
There is plenty of stuff to do outdoors here. Weather is perfect almost year-round and you have plenty of options. I'll highlight a few specific things that I tend to show to first-time visitors.

- Venice Beach: It's popular and cliche, but definitely worth visiting. Hard to describe it, but it is truly a unique place. I would strongly recommend visiting the Venice canals... they're a bit tricky to find, but once you find them, take a walk for 15 minutes and check it out. I also love renting a cruiser bike and riding down the bike path for miles. There's always tourists and cute girls out. Just don't eat any of the food on the boardwalk.

- Malibu/PCH: Highly recommend renting a car and cruising west down PCH out to Zuma Beach or Point Mugu. Its the classic California drive, and every time I do it, it reminds me why I live out here. You can stop at one of a dozen beaches, or take one of the many hikes in the mountains. Or both.

- The Getty: This museum is in the hills above the Westside, and has a solid collection of art and beautiful views of the city. You can knock out two birds with one stone. Great place to spend a few hours in the afternoon, and especially good if you're with a chick. The Griffith Observatory isn't as nice, but it is open until much later which is an advantage.

- Manhattan/Hermosa Beach: These two beaches are a 45 minute drive from most of LA. I would say this is the closest you come to the traditional "beach culture" you think of when you picture Southern California. Lots of tanned blonde girls skateboarding, surfing, and playing beach volleyball. There's some really good food, and especially in the summer, it's a fun place to go. If you're looking for daydrinking bars, Hermosa and Manhattan both have you covered.

- Hollywood Bowl: They have concerts throughout the year but the schedule is densest in the summer. If you have time, make your way up to a show there, especially if its an artist who you know. Just don't drive (parking is really, really bad) and grab a sweater, it gets surprisingly cold up there when you're sitting outdoors. The stadium is an LA classic, and you're allowed to bring your own alcohol as well.

I didn't mention any of the typical tourist things in Hollywood such as the Walk of Stars, simply because it isn't a lot of fun (nor would I expect a lot of guys to want to do this). That area isn't great in the daytime.

Food:
A full write-up on food in LA could be its own separate data sheet. There is a lot of amazing food here. The other LA Thread has a lot of good places mentioned that are still around, and Yelp is your friend. Still, I will highlight a few specific places that I recommend. These are basically all well-known city staples.

- $: El Chato Taco Truck (late-night Mexican), In-n-out (the classic), Bay Cities Deli (Italian sandwiches), Tsujita or Daikokuya (ramen), Urth Cafe (coffee/sandwiches, any location)
- $$: Brent's (deli sandwiches), Langer's (deli sandwiches), Sugarfish or Kazunori (sushi), Roscoe's (chicken/waffles), Bludso's (BBQ), Pizzeria Mozza (pizza), Malibu Seafood (fried fish)
- $$$: Lawry's (prime rib), Mastro's Ocean Club (Malibu steaks/seafood), Nobu (sushi, bit overpriced but the scene alone is worth it), Catch (similar to Nobu), Angelini Osteria (italian), Craig's (American), Urasawa (sushi, expensive as fuck $$$$ but best sushi in LA)

Nightlife:

General Points on Nightlife:
Each of the three regions with nightlife - Hollywood, The Westside, and DTLA - have unique benefits and drawbacks, and can almost be thought of as separate cities. Still, the below points will help set a framework for approaching the night scene in Los Angeles, and apply to all 3 areas.

- If you've read the existing LA threads, you'll notice that it seems to be a notoriously difficult city to pull the same night. This is pretty much true. I've found it easier to pull in any other city I've lived in or visit regularly (including Austin, Las Vegas, and even San Francisco). The upside is that the nightlife scene is very diverse, to where most anybody can find a scene that fits their style best, and certain neighborhoods are much easier for pulling than others. Broadly, I would say Hollywood > DTLA > Santa Monica if you're thinking about ONS.

- Women can be flakey, sometimes especially so, but I've found that to be the case anywhere. I readily admit LA is a difficult city to pull, but I also think sometimes it can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you think like Naughty by Nature that every bar in "Los Mangeles" is filled with "300lb women with 7 kids", you'll start to imagine that to be the case. In reality, there are many attractive women at bars, and some of them are absolutely DTF.

- Although the night scene is diverse and has a lot of choices, there are not a lot of traditional clubs here, meaning a place that fits >500 people and has multiple floors and rooms. There are only a few, and for the most part they are mediocre. If you want clubbing, its best to go to Las Vegas or San Diego. The night scene here is categorized primarily by bars, as well as a good number of lounges. The high-end scene has a lot of "clubs" that are really lounges... small places that fit ~200 people, have tables with bottle service, and a tiny dance floor (if any).

- By far the best time to show up to almost any night venue is between 10 and 1045pm. I will call out exceptions for specific venues below but this is a good rule of thumb. Before that time it will usually be dead, and by midnight, most places turn into sausage fests with enormous lines. I don't always follow this rule myself, but every fucking time I pregame with friends until 1130 before rolling out, I know I'll be going home alone or hitting up the booty calls at last call.

- The infamous drinking cutoff is 2am, and many bars start to turn the lights on as early as 130. I've noticed that the best time to pull is between 1245 and 130am, and you should have ideally gotten in with a girl by midnight. It's of course possible to pull at last call or even gutter game on the streets after close but this is not a high-likelihood proposition.

- Uber has changed nightlife dramatically. Looking at the early pages of the LA thread, its amazing how to see how everybody would drive and occasionally take cabs (I began to go out right as Uber became popular in 2014). Driving to the bars is actually a disadvantage - girls will think that you're strange for doing so, and obviously there's the DUI risk and logistics of trying to park. Uber prices are reasonable here at night, even the longer trips within the map will be $20-30.

- Although nightlife is concentrated within certain neighborhoods, there aren't a lot of areas with multiple bars within walking distance of each other. The only places where you can really "bar hop" would be Main Street in Santa Monica or West Hollywood (the gay area), as well as perhaps DTLA near 6th Street and Flower. This is unlike most cities that I visit often, like Austin or NYC, where there are two dozen spots within a block in specific areas. Here, many of the best nightlife spots are isolated where you can't really walk to another spot nearby. This can be both a negative and a positive.

- Don't focus too much on ratios. Ratios in and of themselves don't mean much here. Some bars have great ratios and are impossible to pull, while I've pulled many times at spots with 5+ guys per girl.

Hollywood (regular):
Hollywood has the best diversity of nightlife in the city, with a variety of bars, lounges, and a few clubs. After many years of going out here, I think the best way to look at this area is to look at the high-end places separately, and initially look at the "regular" spots (can also call it mid/low-end). These are not shady dive bars. These are places that a regular guy could actually get into without needing to have 5 hotties in tow, knowing the bouncer, or having to buy bottle service or pay a $200+ cover (though there can absolutely be lines). For a guy coming in to visit, I would recommend sticking with these.

Pros:
- Probably the most diverse nightlife scene in the city; even when excluding the high-end spots, there is a lot of choices depending what you're into.
- Much easier to pull than in the high-end Hollywood scene or in Samo. Girls at these bars tend to be more down to go home with a guy.
- Dress code is varied but there's nothing wrong with dressing nicer, whereas in Santa Monica you will look strange for doing so.

Cons:
- Lots of really shady spots that you don't want to go to. If you don't know where you're going on Hollywood Blvd and just walk into the first bar you see, you probably won't have a good time.
- Not always attractive girls. Can sometimes be a conglomerate of hipster 6s, even at the better venues.
- A decent number of people drive in from the suburbs, and then they're all jumping in the car together to head back to Santa Clarita/OrangeCo/etc. Can make things difficult.

Venues:
There are plenty of options here, but as mentioned before, its good to be selective. This is a good list to start.

EP&LP - Rooftop bar, good views and a lot of hotties, very typical LA. I thought about putting it in the "high-end" list, but although it can be an intimidating door, you will probably get in. On weekends can be a huge line after 10. Weekdays, including Sundays, always have a good crowd and a much easier entry. I would recommend coming here on a weekday over a weekend.

Good Times at Davey Wayne's - This spot has been around for a long time but is still poppin' off. Probably my favorite bar in LA at the moment and a pretty easy spot to pull. It's a very hipster 70s theme but there's a variety of girls that come here. It is pretty small, but there is several rooms as well as an outside area to smoke/mingle. Dance floor gets rowdy and fun. Relatively crowded on weekdays as well; on weekends there's a huge line anytime after 10, so come early. If you're into bottle service, it isn't a bad place for that either.

No Vacancy - Run by the same people who own Davey Wayne's, the setup is very similar to that place, except think of it as the classier version. People dress up nicer, and the vibe is more low-key. Pretty good place to bring a date on a weeknight, on weekends they have a burlesque show. Come early (~10pm) to be assured of getting in. There's a bit of face control and the bouncers can look intimidating, but if you're dressed nice and act respectful they'll probably let you in.

Harlowe - This place is fun. It'll look more like a date spot until 10pm, at which point the DJ turns up and it gets filled with people. It has pretty good quality for a bar, lots of white and Persian girls, and a young crowd. I've noticed some people from the high-end Hollywood scene come here when they just want to party and not give a fuck about being "seen". After midnight it gets really crowded but before that it can be a goldmine.

The Den - Used to be a true gem. It was almost impossible to walk in here 2 years ago and not hook up. It has come down a lot and this is no longer the case, but if you want to roll with a group and get drunk on $7 vodka-sodas, this is the best spot to do that in Hwood. People get absolutely wasted here. Younger crowd, gets going around midnight.

The Abbey - This is a gay bar right in the middle of West Hollywood. It is one of the most popular spots in the entire city, so because of that, I'd say its about 50/50 gay/straight on a weekend night. If you're comfortable in places like this, you should go, especially if with a group. It's absolutely enormous, the drinks are strong as shit, and there are lots of girls around with little competition. Every now and then you might get hit on by a dude, but its not a big deal.

Hudson - This bar has been around a long time, pretty small spot with good drinks and right next to a few other places. The best time to go is early in the night between 9 and 1030, when there will be a lot of people having drinks before going to the high-end venues nearby. Can be a good date spot on the weekend.

Laurel Hardware - Across the street from Hudson, similar but significantly hotter (and much more difficult) girls. Its a tough spot to maneuver around solo, but not a bad place for a date or to do a few warm-ups before hitting the main place.

Academy (old Create) - Probably best of the big clubs in Hollywood (which isn't saying much). The scene is very Asian, but it is big with a lot of room to roam, and the outside smoking area in the back can be great for chatting up. If you're into EDM, they have a lot of good artists playing. Don't go out of your way to come here but if they have a good headliner, it can be solid.

Avalon - This is another big club, open till 4am or later. Its a strange place... you'll see a ton of 50+ year old Asian dudes rolling on molly on the dance floor the whole night. Technically its 19+ but I rarely see younger people here. Wouldn't recommend going here unless its 2am and you really want to keep partying.

Hollywood (high-end):
This scene is basically its own world and remains difficult to crack even for locals, so it will be especially so for a guy coming in from out of town. I still wanted to cover it for the people that are moving to or are from LA. If you are just visiting, do not bother going here unless you have connections, money to spend, and very tight game.

Pros:
- Hottest girls in the city. You'll walk into some of these places and see only 8s and above. Will be pretty striking on a first visit. Chicks with 1m+ IG followers are a dime a dozen here.
- Variety of venues that can be pretty fun. If you have money you want to blow on nightlife, this is the place to spend it. You'll have big artists like G-Eazy, Drake, Cardi B perform for a crowd of 200 people.
- If you take the time and build a social circle here, it can pay dividends. You'll have easier entry, and be plugged into everything going on in the city. Mansion parties, day parties, etc. I can't say I've ever fully plugged into it, but I have friends within and it has its benefits.
- Not really a "pro" or a "positive", but you'll see minor and major celebs partying here. One time I was at a table next to Swaggy P cheating on Iggy Azalea haha, and I've gotten to talk to guys like Metta World Peace.
- This scene has an allure that can draw you in. I've many times when I've sworn off Hwood for almost a year at a time, but I always end up coming back for another round.

Cons:
- Extremely difficult to get in to most of these places cold. You either need to have a tight promoter connection (even then, its no guarantee), or be ready to spend $1,000+ for a table. Trying to spot the bouncer $50 will get you laughed off of the street. Having hot girls can help, but you can still get denied or have to pay a good amount of $.
- Many of the hotties are paid to be there, and have no interest in meeting you unless you want to play the Seeking Arrangement game. Girls here know their value. A lot of the hottest girls at these spots are like wallpaper. They look pretty, but they may as well just be decoration.
- People can generally be ice cold to an outsider. I've found that good game can break bitch shields, but its harder here than most places. I've had many times where I've opened a girl and she pretended that she didn't hear me when she obviously did. It happens hah.

Venues:
There's many places that people go to. I wrote about the places that I've either personally been to, or have many friends who go regularly, otherwise I'd be giving bad info.

Warwick - Arguably the toughest door in the city now. Stacked with hotties inside, lots of blondes and Persian chicks. Lounge setup with a ton of tables, but it is pretty big which is an advantage and makes it possible to roam. Only reason I got in here was a promoter friend who vouched for me, and even then was a struggle. Wednesday nights are absolutely lit here. If you have an in, go.

Le Jardin - Chic outdoors spot, used to be the backyard of Lure. Been here a few times. The crowd is more mixed than a lot of these places, more Latinas and black girls on weekends. Know a promoter to make it easier.

Poppy - One of the most popular places, also an extremely tough door. They have big artists come in to play regularly. This is one place where I managed to get in by talking to a few girls at the entrance and joining their promoter group and only paying $20 "cover" (Note: if you're ever asked to pay $20, just pay it, its the equivalent of a handshake at these places). It isn't a bad way to try to get in, worst case you get rejected. It gets pretty wild in here.

The Highlight Room- Rooftop bar in Hollywood, they have an awesome day party on Sat/Sun that brings in the hotties, and at night it turns into a lounge/club. Very hard to get in at night, much easier during the day. Will likely be going hard every weekend this summer given that it only opened towards the end of last summer I believe.

Bootsy Bellows - Very small place, used to be more popular but still has a line out the door on Tuesdays and weekends. I resent this place. Its basically impossible to talk to people except at tables, and even then its difficult. Don't recommend it unless you have a fun group with a table.

1OAK - Pretty big club that only plays hip-hop, has been around for a few years now and the quality has gone downhill. I saw some pretty beat chicks last time I went by, was pretty shocking to see. its also popular with big groups of girls that come in from 50 miles away and won't leave each other. So yeah, probably not worth it. As far as I know its still a tough door but they may let you in for a cover charge if you come early. No guarantees.

Nightingale - This is the old Greystone Manor. Not as tough of a door as some other places, and from what I hear its come down over the past year, but to be safe I put it in the section. It is pretty big, best place to talk to girls are the bars on the sides of the club. Girls here are sluttier than at other spots.

The Nice Guy - I've been here for dinner, they have OK food, but it turns into a party after 11 or so. They'll usually kick you out after dinner but if you play the "I'm out of town and I want to explore LA" card and leave a tip, they may let you stay. Very small place so hard to cold approach, best to get in with a group.

Other places in this scene that I haven't been to, but have heard good things about, would include - Argyle, Doheny Room, Avenue, and Delilah.

The Westside (Samo/Venice):
I wrote a Santa Monica datasheet a few years back here. Things have changed quite a bit since then, so I will give an update. I live much further away and go less often than I used to, but still come back.

Pros:
- If you're into white girls, you'll be in heaven. Lots of blonde white girls all over the place here, with a sprinkle of other types in the summer.
- Pretty cheap. Besides a handful of spots, nowhere really charges cover, and drinks are $7-10 most everywhere. Its easy to have a night out for cheap.
- The hottest girls are still really hard, but I've found that there are a good number of young cute girls here that don't really know their value. These are usually the type of girls that I've pulled.
- Not much of face control (ie: everybody gets in), but the talent and vibe is still good. Its interesting to see.

Cons:
- The Westside is a pretty insular place, with many people having the same social circle since high school, and only meeting people connected to that circle. These groups are extremely difficult to break into as a random.
- Competition is pretty high. Lots of tall, good-looking white dudes who fit the typical "Santa Monica" stereotype that girls go for. While a lot of these guys don't really approach, they often don't have to, girls come to them. One of my good buddies is 6'4" and pulls almost every night.
- Having money and good style will not really help you here with most girls - girls here are usually rich and have family money, and don't really give a fuck about style. Its almost like an extension of college.
- People absolutely still fuck the same night, but I've noticed there is less of an ONS culture than in other places. A lot of girls go home with the same group they came with.
- It is very quiet here on weekdays, most people here work 9-5 jobs and just go out on Fridays and Saturdays. If you want to go out here on a weeknight, go to Bungalow.

Venues:
I've noticed that on the westside, many places have multiple lives. They get hot for a few months, then cool down, and then suddenly a year later get hot again. It's very strange, and can make a datasheet complicated. Anyway, the below spots are good ones as of this writing.

Bungalow - This is the most popular bar in Santa Monica, and has been so for years. Everybody in LA has been here at least once. While it has come down in popularity from a few years back, it is still crowded on basically every evening of the week, and also on Sat/Sun afternoons. The advantage is that its pretty big, and there are a variety of girls here. Disadvantage is that its a lot of big groups, no dance floor, and generally tricky to crack. Good on weeknights.

The Victorian/Basement - 3-story bar on main street, not too bad on weekends. The outdoor patio is money for making moves, and the place is spacious. The upstairs was turned into a gay bar last summer, but I don't think its every day. Line usually forms around 11.

The Lincoln - Bar in Venice, a bit isolated in a really random area, but it is a hot spot right now. Line can be pretty big anytime after 1030 on weekends. Inside its more of a lounge feel with an outside tarp-covered area. Easy to farm numbers, girls are pretty cool. On a recent night, both my wing and I pulled here. It may cool down any day but for now is still solid.

James Beach - Used to be stacked with hotties, but about a year ago turned into a complete sausage fest. Its still not bad before 10pm but anytime after it gets ridiculously packed. Advantage is that it is 3 rooms with multiple bars (so lots of places to make moves), and it is next door to Canal Club, another similar bar, so you can bounce there if James Beach is wack. You can also pull gutter game on the street out front, there's always dozens of people all over that area.

The Room - This place is the epitome of the multiple lives thing on the westside. For a long time it was a small lounge in the middle of nowhere, and suddenly overnight it became scorching hot with a line of 200 people to get into a place that probably fits 100. The line is still ridiculous on some nights, but if you get there early you can probably get in. Inside it is pretty ratchet, basically all one small dance floor. Girls get down here. But, if you show up late, the line will be hours long. Absolutely dead on weekdays.

41Ocean - Probably the closest you get to a "club" in Santa Monica. It used to be a members-only venue, but they realized their location was great and that they can charge people $500 for a table, so they opened it up. After 1030, door can be intimidating, and they likely won't let in big groups of dudes. They also have a bit of a problem with the bathrooms - for a place that lets in ~500 drunk people, they have 1 bathroom. Despite how much I dislike going here, I can't deny that there are HOT chicks here that are easier to pull than their counterparts in Hwood.

Buffalo Club - Its had better days a few years ago, but still pretty good on the right night. They'll charge cover to get in, and its not a great layout for making moves. There are cuties though, and a lot of girls who are down for drugs if that's your thing. Multiple people doing key bumps in the bathroom and even on the dance floor haha.

31ten - This place has DEFINITELY had better days. The crowd there now is shady as fuck. Last time I went, there was a huge fight on the dance floor that involved bottles being thrown. Don't recommend it unless you're on Main Street and bar hopping.

Circle Bar - Haven't been in a long time, it used to be the most ratchet place to party but not sure how it is now. If you're on Main Street, feel free to drop by.

Downtown LA:
I've been going out here more often recently, and while I'm not a big fan, I've warmed up to some places. All in all I'm still less familiar with DTLA than with Hwood or Samo, so my venue list may not be complete.

Pros:
- More diversity of women. If you like Latinas and black girls, this is the best place to meet classy and cool ones.
- "Game" is easier here than in other parts of LA... girls are less arrogant and respond well to good style and verbal/physical escalation rather than just purely looks. Less cockblocking than what you see in Santa Monica. True blowouts are pretty rare.
- A few areas where there are multiple bars within walking distance. This is very different than Hollywood where besides Weho, there aren't any places like that.

Cons:
- It depends on the venue, but overall, the quality is probably worse here than in the other 2 regions. You'll see some serious grenades and fatties at times, while not seeing a lot of truly hot girls.
- Ratios aren't great, and while I said earlier that in and of itself that doesn't mean much, you will see some BAD game being thrown to where by 1am, girls are just sick of talking to any dude. I've had many a night where a girl seems down but can tell she's just had the sexual energy sucked out of her.
- Some bars charge cover and try to act like the high-end Hwood places, while having far less hotties. It's pretty funny to see. Just avoid those.

Venues:
As with mid/low-end Hwood, there are a lot of choices here. This list will help get started.

Seven Grand - My favorite bar in DTLA. Big upstairs spot that usually has legit hot girls of all types. Can get crowded late but is money early on. Bartenders are really cool and whip up some awesome drinks.

Clifton's - This is a classic cafeteria diner that reopened a year or so ago, and they have at least 4 bars inside, all with different themes. Its a massive 3 story venue. Can be a fun experience to go here. Line can be bad late in evening but usually fine before 11. Wide variety of girls, I think their capacity is over 1,000 people, so you'll see anything from fatties to hotties. Food isn't great, I'd go elsewhere unless you want to pay $25 for a lunch you had in middle school.

The Standard - Old rooftop bar, pretty big, but they charge $20 cover and the line can be insane on weekends. Quality is OK. Weekend afternoons are great but weekend evenings aren't. If there's a long line, don't bother, it'll take over an hour.

Library Bar - Right next to the far more "exclusive and fancy" Standard, but they get a pretty good crowd. You can pull here. If a couch is available in the back when you come in, grab it, when it gets crowded having that couch will pay dividends.

The Edison - Enormous underground bar that caters to an older crowd, most people are in their 30s. They have shows on weekends. Pretty cute girls. I believe you're required to be in a collared shirt and dress shoes, and they are pretty strict on this.

The Broken Shaker - Newish rooftop bar, I've only been during the day and it was awesome. As far as I know, at night they have the same issue as the other rooftops (cover + long line), but will try to make it one day soon.

Varnish - Do NOT go here to try to swoop chicks. But, if you're going on a date or grabbing a drink with a friend, this place is dope. Speakeasy in the back of a restaurant. Solid drinks and a cool vibe.

That's it for the data sheet! Finished in two workdays haha.

If you have questions or thoughts, don't hesitate to comment or PM.

Do you think Los Angeles is a decent city to move to as a transplant? I feel like Los Angeles probably gets the most transplants out of any city but some people say LA is a cliquish city with people that have known each other for forever.

Also what area has the highest density of college aged girls like 18-22? Would it be around somewhere like UCLA or another area?

I'm a native Angelino. Skimmed the sheet enough to see that it's solid. I'll review in more detail a little later to drop my 2 cents. +1

Quote: (05-16-2018 04:41 PM)pargan Wrote:  

Do you think Los Angeles is a decent city to move to as a transplant? I feel like Los Angeles probably gets the most transplants out of any city but some people say LA is a cliquish city with people that have known each other for forever.

Also what area has the highest density of college aged girls like 18-22? Would it be around somewhere like UCLA or another area?

College aged girls are concentrated heavily around UCLA/Westwood of course, west LA, Venice, especially around Abbot Kinney, also Santa Monica, especially between 5th street and Ocean.

LA definitely is not a place where people have known each other forever. There are some people like that but generally it's more easy come, easy go.

Great Datasheet RDF, I've currently live outside LA, but work there and have lived in the city and the surrounding area (LA County/OC/IE) all my life and this is a great little summation. There a couple of things I would disagree with you on, but overall well done.

Although reading the Hollywood section I was thinking, "please don't drop Laurel Hardware," and lo and behold you did. Laurel Hardware has been my little spot for the past few months, but I get there early for the dinner crowd. In fact, my plan of attack in WeHo and DTLA is to go out much earlier (Happy Hour/Dinner) and hit up trendy restaurants/bars. Personally, I think the quality is better at this time, girls go out in groups and don't seem to have the bitch shields at full power yet. There's also a nice mix of younger girls (early to late 20s) and Cougars, especially in WeHo (obviously I go for Cougars too).

For Pargan, you can find 18 to 22 year olds in Westwood and around the USC campus in South DTLA. In fact, more and more SC kids are moving into DTLA proper especially in the South Park area. But to be honest, if you want college girls you're better off going to a college town. LA isn't the place for college girls.

In fact it's the probably the next best place other than NYC, to find recently graduated college girls who have moved to the big city. Now that silicon valley has started to migrate to LA there seems to be more of them in LA working for fly-by-night start ups as social media strategists, marketing implementation strategists, or some other bullshit throw away job.

Great datasheet. The high end scene in LA intrigued me when I was there. The girls are probably some of the hottest on the planet, but the attitudes are just so so bad. And the effort/money required to be there as a guy is awful. Its a shame, I wonder if it was any less bad years ago before social media.

Quote: (05-16-2018 03:44 PM)RDF Wrote:  

The Standard - Old rooftop bar, pretty big, but they charge $20 cover and the line can be insane on weekends. Quality is OK. Weekend afternoons are great but weekend evenings aren't. If there's a long line, don't bother, it'll take over an hour.
Is there a $20 cover charge now? I don't recall that being a thing when I frequented Standard but I do agree that week days are shit, it's either a sausage fest or dead, Friday and Saturday is best and I disagree about not bothering when there's a line, it's worth it IMO.

Did you check out Perch as well, it's a 2 min walk down from Standard (on Pershing Square) and has some of the hottest women you can find during the week and live music, fantastic cocktails.

I lived in Los Angeles for 2 years and lived in 6,5 years in New York. I think this Los Angeles as a city, is the most over-rated city in the world except the weather.

Quote: (05-17-2018 07:40 AM)Rossi Wrote:  

I lived in Los Angeles for 2 years and lived in 6,5 years in New York. I think this Los Angeles as a city, is the most over-rated city in the world except the weather.

Why is it overrated though? And what do you think NYC does better then LA? Also what do you see in Los Angeles that is much worse then the NYC counterpart? And what would you say Los Angeles does better then NYC?

Epic datasheet man. It's very clear that you really put yourself out there and open girls to get objective data. Good points on the arrival times and sex ratios. Santa Monica has certainly piqued my interest and L.A. girls are still some of my favorite in the world, it's too bad about the sprawl

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Quote: (05-16-2018 09:12 PM)Technics Wrote:  

College aged girls are concentrated heavily around UCLA/Westwood of course, west LA, Venice, especially around Abbot Kinney, also Santa Monica, especially between 5th street and Ocean.

LA definitely is not a place where people have known each other forever. There are some people like that but generally it's more easy come, easy go.

On the college girls discussion..., I agree that you will find older college-aged girls (~21-22) in this area as they move further away from UCLA, or just girls who didn't go to 4-year college and either go to SMC or work service jobs while living on the westside. For younger college-aged girls, you're basically looking anywhere near UCLA and USC. LMU is possible, but they're pretty strict on visitors... I dated a girl who lived on LMU campus a year or so ago and every time I drove in to pick her up, they'd check my ID for 5 minutes as if I'm entering a military base.

I had thought about having a section on college bars in the datasheet, but for a city with two major universities, there is a surprising dearth of college bars. At USC, you can go to either The 9-0 or to Banditos, I usually go on gamedays with friends and its really fun, but other than those days its hit or miss. At UCLA, there aren't really any college bars left now that O'Hara's closed a few years ago. You can catch some UCLA girls at Cabo Cantina or Q's on Wilshire, but similar to the USC bars, its hit or miss.

Quote: (05-16-2018 10:10 PM)Dodgy Wrote:  

Great Datasheet RDF, I've currently live outside LA, but work there and have lived in the city and the surrounding area (LA County/OC/IE) all my life and this is a great little summation. There a couple of things I would disagree with you on, but overall well done.

Although reading the Hollywood section I was thinking, "please don't drop Laurel Hardware," and lo and behold you did. Laurel Hardware has been my little spot for the past few months, but I get there early for the dinner crowd. In fact, my plan of attack in WeHo and DTLA is to go out much earlier (Happy Hour/Dinner) and hit up trendy restaurants/bars. Personally, I think the quality is better at this time, girls go out in groups and don't seem to have the bitch shields at full power yet. There's also a nice mix of younger girls (early to late 20s) and Cougars, especially in WeHo (obviously I go for Cougars too).

Thanks man, obviously we won't agree on anything, it's a huge city and this is purely my perspective, I'm always happy to hear others. And my bad about Laurel haha, I kept a few smaller spots on the DL. I'll often hit either Hudson or Laurel around 9ish for an hour or so before rolling to the main place, and have definitely noticed its best earlier-on.

How do you make it work with the dinner crowd when most people are sitting at tables and just getting started with the eve? Do you actually pull them or just grab numbers or ig and plan to meet later? It's an idea that I've found interesting for the reasons you describe but have never really made it happen.

Quote: (05-17-2018 07:40 AM)Rossi Wrote:  

I haven't lived in NYC, but spend time there regularly. The two cities couldn't be more different, and I readily admit that there are things about LA that don't appeal to lots of people and aren't really issues in NYC (sprawl, car culture, DGAF attitudes). There's far more options of things to do... bars, clubs, museums, musicals... you name it, NYC has got it. The logistics for nightlife in NYC are also light-years better. That's probably my favorite thing about it.

However, there are many things I prefer about LA over NYC. A simple but important one is the nature and green space. In NYC you have Central Park, but otherwise to see nature you have to go at least an hour out of the city (which is complicated when you don't have a car). In LA, I can drive 30 minutes from my house and be in the middle of the mountains, or go surfing at the beach (and I do both regularly). Even neighborhoods in LA are more spacious with the exception of downtown.

We are also have a good NYC vs LA thread here in case people want to read more about the comparison. In short, I think the two cities appeal to different types of people. I love visiting NYC, but I can't imagine living there for more than a few years.

Solid data sheet. I see things haven't changed much since I left.

For "Hollywood 'Normal'" I would add Harvard and Stone. I went there a few months ago and still the same slutty hipster 6s-8s as when I lived there. Get on that dance floor and be the fun guy and you're golden.

L.A. has tons of "niche" areas as well with rewarding results if you can figure them out. Hipster girls in particular are slutty and can be quite cute as long as you can stand hearing about their progressive politics. You've got highland park, silverlake, los feliz. The gay bar Akbar and bars near there can have some cute younger girls, or did a few years ago.

There's also Koreatown which can be chock full of smoking hot Korean girls, but it's a very tight social circle game. There were a few select places (like EMC) where I picked up Korean girls in pairs with success, as well as a couple coffee shops on Western.

It's really a shame about downtown. My favorite places to hang out and drink, and you're 100% spot on in regards to the drop off in quality, like it's not even comparable. 7 grand can be a great spot but ratios can suck and often other guys go suited up so you'll have some competition. But definitely the best venue for pickup. I went to Perch a few times, some talent but it's pricey as hell, never had any results. You've got all the fun 213 spots like Golden Gopher and that Irish place I forget, which in theory should be packed full of down to earth, fun, approachable girls, but this is L.A. we're talking about. The Exchange can be good for asians but only if you're down for high energy club game, which these days I'm not. The sound system is loud as fuck.

Reading your post and thinking about these places makes me only mildly nostalgic about L.A., and in reality not miss the place one iota. I will say one thing though. Spending years there is like swinging with the heavy bat. If you can find success in L.A., you will do great anywhere. That place is cutthroat and maddeningly difficult at times. It will hone your game, to the point that when you travel you might overgame girls. And then, realizing that talking to, dating, and banging women really isn't that hard, will make you wonder why you wasted all those years in L.A. Now let's not turn this thread into another L.A. bashing thread...

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

[quote] (05-17-2018 11:04 AM)RDF Wrote:  

[quote='Technics' pid='1784890' dateline='1526523145']

How do you make it work with the dinner crowd when most people are sitting at tables and just getting started with the eve? Do you actually pull them or just grab numbers or ig and plan to meet later? It's an idea that I've found interesting for the reasons you describe but have never really made it happen.[/quote]

Well, I primarily go out at dinner/happy hour out of necessity. I'm in my mid-thirties and all but one of my friends is married. I also go out with business associates but those guys are married too. So unless I want to roll solo, I have to work the 6 to 9pm crowd. As far as approaching, that's why I like places like Laurel because they're small, have a good bar, and a small patio. It's easier to talk to the table next to you, or approach girls at the bar on your way to the bathroom, or engage traffic walking by your table. Another spot like this that I used to hit up was the Local Peasant on Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks. You're always seated close to strangers and you always had a great chance of being seated next to a couple of girls, so it was easy to strike up a conversation.

The main problem with focusing on dinner time is you run into more unavailable women (married/serious relationships) then you would out past 11 pm. To be honest, I'm not hell bent on pulling ONS anymore at this point in my life. I'm content with approaching, flirting with an attractive girl and having fun. If I pull then great, if I don't then that's fine as long as I had a good time.

But you got to grab the IG. In my opinion, IG is more important than the number especially in LA/SoCal. Girls here are so oversaturated with attention that you need a way to stay in their orbit for a period of time if you don't sleep with them within 72 hours of meeting them.

And I agree with Veloce about the "niche" aspect. This could probably use some exploring, but I think guys in LA who do well women wise are working some kind of niche. Obviously the niche needs to be "cool" and what's cool for one guy isn't necessarily cool for another guy. Good Looking Loser explored this on his site a few years back describing how to get laid in LA. Examples can be the hipster niche, the Guns and Roses rocker niche (still alive and well in Hollywood), the muscle niche, the tattoo niche, the suited up niche, the designer fashion niche, the social circle niche, the drug dealer niche. Pick something that complements you and run with it. Just avoid the worst thing you can do in LA, which is be a non-descript, average looking guy.

Quote: (05-17-2018 11:04 AM)RDF Wrote:  

Trust me Laurel Hardware has been on every L.A. guy's radar for a while now [Image: biggrin.gif] that was THE spot for the old LA crew I rolled with, no names mentioned...

The dinner table approach is one I really only did at Eveleigh. For a period of time, Eveleigh was a goddamn goldmine. The last time I was there it seemed the chicks got older, but that used to be my go to since I lived walking distance to there. That back patio area had its own bar, I was tight with the bartenders, and the logistics of that place were set up perfectly for approaches. Chicks would go there simultaneous for girls night out, dinner, hunting for dick, it was amazing for a couple years. Not sure how it is now...the Sunset strip has it's own code to crack. Pearl's also attracted some hot ass when it first opened and the girls were pretty approachable, though I never got a bang from there. Rock n Reillys was hot for a minute but last time I was there it was a sausagefest. This place Lazer Kat looks worthwhile to check out. Never could figure out Bar Marmont. They ran a tight door which was bullshit because every time I went all the chicks were old, but apparently some A listers still party there, I dunno.

There was a time maybe 10 years ago that making a run from Formosa Cafe to Jones to Lubitsch was a blast and always ended up in a makeout session or phone number. It's too bad my game sucked ass back then, but I got a few bangs out of that one. Didn't Formosa go through yet another renovation?

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Where do you recommend to setup base for a weekend (as a "tourist") e.g. doing touristy shit during the day and having the night life in walking distances in the evening?
Santa Monica or Downtown LA?

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Why do you guys think Los Angeles gets so much hate? Is it because it's a winner takes all kind of place were like the top 10% gets all the girls? The way people talk about LA it's like there is no hot girls there and it's a shithole, is it just difficult to pick up in LA or is there actually a lack of hot girls?

I can't tell if people are raging on LA cause they weren't successful or cause the girls aren't as hot there as I think.

Quote: (05-20-2018 06:14 AM)pargan Wrote:  

Why do you guys think Los Angeles gets so much hate? Is it because it's a winner takes all kind of place were like the top 10% gets all the girls? The way people talk about LA it's like there is no hot girls there and it's a shithole, is it just difficult to pick up in LA or is there actually a lack of hot girls?

I can't tell if people are raging on LA cause they weren't successful or cause the girls aren't as hot there as I think.
My personal dislike of LA is logistics however if you pick an area (DTLA for me), stick to it, you can do well and it's even better if you can crack social game.

There are plenty of beautiful women around to suit all tastes, it isn't that difficult overall, it's purely the logistical issues that one has has as a dislike but I love LA, love it.

Quote: (05-20-2018 07:43 AM)Bikal Wrote:  

Quote: (05-20-2018 06:14 AM)pargan Wrote:  

My personal dislike of LA is logistics however if you pick an area (DTLA for me), stick to it, you can do well and it's even better if you can crack social game.

There are plenty of beautiful women around to suit all tastes, it isn't that difficult overall, it's purely the logistical issues that one has has as a dislike but I love LA, love it.

Yeah I hear the logistics are shit but with a motorcycle I think a lot of that can be solved. Since California as far as I know is the only state were lane splitting is on the books legal, I could cut through traffic and my commute would be a fraction of someones in a car.

Any thoughts on motorcycles in LA? How do people in cars react to them do they respect them like they're another vehicle?

Quote: (05-20-2018 08:13 AM)pargan Wrote:  

Yeah I hear the logistics are shit but with a motorcycle I think a lot of that can be solved. Since California as far as I know is the only state were lane splitting is on the books legal, I could cut through traffic and my commute would be a fraction of someones in a car.

Any thoughts on motorcycles in LA? How do people in cars react to them do they respect them like they're another vehicle?

People mainly hate LA due to night logistics. In the daytime a motorcycle could help you with getting through traffic but it won't help at night since there isn't much traffic anyway. As I tried to explain in my data sheet, the city is very spread out. If you live in Santa Monica but go out in Hollywood, it will take you at least 20 minutes to get home unless you're in a helicopter. And 20 minutes is a long time when you're trying to get a spontaneous one nighter.

As for motorcycles, I'm not too sure, I don't see them around much. Perhaps it could help you have a more "bad ass" edge. Knowing a few people who ride them though, its considered to be more dangerous here than in most places. LA drivers suck in general and don't pay attention to motorcycles, so better to be careful. I know at least 2 guys who have gotten into legit accidents here on their motorcycles.

Quote: (05-19-2018 07:15 PM)void Wrote:  

Where do you recommend to setup base for a weekend (as a "tourist") e.g. doing touristy shit during the day and having the night life in walking distances in the evening?
Santa Monica or Downtown LA?

If your main goal is to spend more time near the beach, Santa Monica. If your main goal is the nightlife, Downtown (or Hollywood). If you want both equally, then decide which night scene sounds more appealing to you. In short - Downtown has a wider range of nightlife and more diversity of women, while Santa Monica has fewer spots, is more casual, and has a lot more white girls. I would personally much prefer staying in Santa Monica for a short trip since there's not much to do in Downtown in daytime.

Quote: (05-17-2018 11:32 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

Trust me Laurel Hardware has been on every L.A. guy's radar for a while now [Image: biggrin.gif] that was THE spot for the old LA crew I rolled with, no names mentioned...

The dinner table approach is one I really only did at Eveleigh. For a period of time, Eveleigh was a goddamn goldmine. The last time I was there it seemed the chicks got older, but that used to be my go to since I lived walking distance to there. That back patio area had its own bar, I was tight with the bartenders, and the logistics of that place were set up perfectly for approaches. Chicks would go there simultaneous for girls night out, dinner, hunting for dick, it was amazing for a couple years. Not sure how it is now...the Sunset strip has it's own code to crack. Pearl's also attracted some hot ass when it first opened and the girls were pretty approachable, though I never got a bang from there. Rock n Reillys was hot for a minute but last time I was there it was a sausagefest. This place Lazer Kat looks worthwhile to check out. Never could figure out Bar Marmont. They ran a tight door which was bullshit because every time I went all the chicks were old, but apparently some A listers still party there, I dunno.

There was a time maybe 10 years ago that making a run from Formosa Cafe to Jones to Lubitsch was a blast and always ended up in a makeout session or phone number. It's too bad my game sucked ass back then, but I got a few bangs out of that one. Didn't Formosa go through yet another renovation?

Sunset Strip is pretty quiet right now besides The Den. It can also be fun to run street game on club sluts on the stretch between 1OAK and Bootsy Bellows. I'm not a huge fan of either spot (Bootsy is my least fav spot in this entire city) but can't deny that you do see hot chicks there, and its actually pretty easy to talk to those girls when they're out of the club.

I think Cafe Formosa is closed now, not sure if its a renovation or a permanent close. The new hot spot near there is Harlowe which is a block away from where Formosa was. Bar Lubitsch is on the ratchet side but I've had a few good nights there too.

The stretch of Santa Monica Blvd from Crescent Heights to La Brea has a few pretty good spots. Shame it isn't more walkable.

Anyone have any experience with korean girls in Los Angles and Koreatown? I hear solo approach if very hard with these girls but if you have a korean wingman or some korean friends over there it makes thing x10 easier is that true? They seem much more insular then other asian girls they don't seem to go for outsiders as much.

Quote: (05-21-2018 05:38 AM)pargan Wrote:  

Anyone have any experience with korean girls in Los Angles and Koreatown? I hear solo approach if very hard with these girls but if you have a korean wingman or some korean friends over there it makes thing x10 easier is that true? They seem much more insular then other asian girls they don't seem to go for outsiders as much.

Pretty much true.

My rule of thumb was this: if she's hanging out in a group where there's at least one or two white people (girls or guys) then your chances go up considerably, but then there's also a higher chance that she's born in the U.S. or otherwise Americanized. There are some hot ass Korean-American chicks but expect white girl behavior.

Fobby Koreans are tough to crack, I've only done it a couple times. Both times the girls were in pairs and both times I had a Korean buddy with me. In every fob Korean approach I did they were incredibly shy, or looking around them as if they couldn't believe I had the audacity to talk to them, or generally just fidgeting around awkwardly trying to figure out what to do next. You've really got to build comfort asap and just act like it's a normal conversation. Has to be indirect approach. If she's with a large group (which the majority are) I'd say don't bother, or your social circle infiltration game has to be super high and cockblock disarming at level 100.

The great part about Ktown is most venues where you're picking up Kgirls are close to other venues for drinking, food, coffee shops, etc. Doing a venue change is easy.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Great datasheet!

Just a couple things I'd add:

Downtown LA has gotten much better in terms of nightlife but the quality of the women is still quite lacking - nowhere near the quantity of hotties you'll find in WeHo/SanMo or even the South Bay.

Hollywood Blvd proper has gotten quite a bit more ghetto compared to years past. Le Jardin is just OK - not a terribly hard door, there were cuties there when I last went about a month or so ago, but I wouldn't bother goin back.

Pussy ain't for pussies...

In your opinion in Miami or Los Angeles which girls have a more materialistic/fucked up attitude? A main complaint I hear is about how girls in these cities are just gold diggers so which one do you think is worse off? Also which city do you think girls are more enjoyable to be with?

Quote: (05-23-2018 10:16 AM)pargan Wrote:  

In your opinion in Miami or Los Angeles which girls have a more materialistic/fucked up attitude? A main complaint I hear is about how girls in these cities are just gold diggers so which one do you think is worse off? Also which city do you think girls are more enjoyable to be with?

The number of "gold diggers" in each of these cities is really small relative to the general population, but yeah, the high-end scene both in Miami and in LA has a lot of materialistic chicks. Just avoid it if that isn't your thing. In the high-end Hollywood scene, you can meet a lot of the sugar baby types, otherwise they're pretty much all normal chicks. Don't worry about these things man. Much better to come visit and check it out for yourself.

Quote: (05-21-2018 08:33 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

Great datasheet!

Just a couple things I'd add:

Downtown LA has gotten much better in terms of nightlife but the quality of the women is still quite lacking - nowhere near the quantity of hotties you'll find in WeHo/SanMo or even the South Bay.

Hollywood Blvd proper has gotten quite a bit more ghetto compared to years past. Le Jardin is just OK - not a terribly hard door, there were cuties there when I last went about a month or so ago, but I wouldn't bother goin back.

Yeah haha Hollywood Blvd is pretty ghetto, I just avoid it nowadays. It's pretty easy to do, not a lot of venues I go to are on Hollywood Blvd proper besides the Roosevelt Hotel, they're usually on side streets or on Sunset/Santa Monica.

I'll have to check Le Jardin again sometime (haven't been in a year or so) but I believe it, things change quick in that scene. A friend went to Highlight Room at night this weekend and said it was relatively easy to get in but based on Snapchat the talent was only OK, which is strange, it opened less than a year ago. Perhaps the hottest of the high-end crowd has migrated over to Avenue/Warwick/Poppy (or some other place that I don't know), or it was just an off night.

Does anyone feel like it's mostly betas that complain about LA? For Alphas wouldn't LA be one of the best cities?