rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

LA is harder to get laid than NYC?

This geek makes the case:

I never liked the West Coast. Too many girls out there were trying to be something they weren't. People on the E. Seaboard are more down to earth. Between the two cities, I'd take the Big Apple in well..... a NY minute.

NYC has way better logistics for the average guy trying to get laid.

LA is way more spread out and almost requires a car.

I think LA requires a learning curve. That was my experience. It was easier once you've been there awhile and get the "vibe". Take into account all the PC too. NYC is grittier.

Quote: (02-14-2013 12:46 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

NYC has way better logistics for the average guy trying to get laid.

LA is way more spread out and almost requires a car.

NYC only has better logistics if you can afford to live in Manhattan. LA does require a car, but the cost of renting even a small apartment in Manhattan is ridiculous.

The video that Roosh posted is somewhat accurate if you restrict your analysis to white chicks in LA. Good looking white chicks in LA can be bitches since there are so few of them to go around relative to the general population of LA (LA is overwhelmingly non-white). Manhattan, on the other hand, is about half white, so white chicks there aren't as bitchy. Also, the gender ratio is in favor of men in Manhattan (more women than men), whereas the gender ratio is in favor of women in LA (more men than women).

Enough said.

In terms of getting laid. LA and NYC should not be mentioned in the same sentence. This is like comparing an average Colombian girl under thirty to an average feminist over 40.

If we're talking about full life (career, weather) etc. then it is worth reading.

Quote:Quote:

Not even a comparison.

If all things were equal (and they aren't by a long shot) the last call time in LA and distances make it a million times harder.

The West Coast is a good training ground though for a Playboy. You have the roughest competition, short night and bad ratios.

It teaches you to work quick.

An LA guy going to NYC is going to do way better than a NYC guy going to LA.

Quote: (02-14-2013 01:11 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Good looking white chicks in LA can be bitches since there are so few of them to go around relative to the general population of LA (LA is overwhelmingly non-white). Manhattan, on the other hand, is about half white, so white chicks there aren't as bitchy. Also, the gender ratio is in favor of men in Manhattan (more women than men), whereas the gender ratio is in favor of women in LA (more men than women).

Enough said.

Not sure I agree with this.

There are gobs of white girls in LA. In fact, it is hard not to swoop only white girls.

And depending on where you are in LA, it might be 100% white girls.

Quote:Quote:

According to the 2010 Census, the racial makeup of Los Angeles included: 1,888,158 Whites (49.8%), 365,118 African Americans (9.6%), 28,215 Native Americans (0.7%), 426,959 Asians (11.3%), 5,577 Pacific Islanders (0.1%), 902,959 from other races (23.8%), and 175,635 (4.6%) from two or more races.[112] Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 1,838,822 persons (48.5%).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles

Sorry G, but from the same wiki article you cited (look at the first sentence of the next paragraph):

Non-Hispanic whites were 28.7% of the population in 2010. And this number includes middle-easterners as white.

I've never lived in NYC so can't compare the two but if I wanted sex without having to date, I'd choose NYC since the logistics make that so much more likely.

Texas prophet, saying there's hardly any white girls in LA is a bit ridiculous. Where were you hanging out? Boyle Heights??

Quote: (02-14-2013 01:40 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I've never lived in NYC so can't compare the two but if I wanted sex without having to date, I'd choose NYC since the logistics make that so much more likely.

Texas prophet, saying there's hardly any white girls in LA is a bit ridiculous. Where were you hanging out? Boyle Heights??

Compared to Manhattan, there are at least TWICE as many white girls per capita in Manhattan than LA.

If you say so. Personally I don't care about race and I'm not looking for a woman of any one particular background, but I've never in my life ever thought there was a white girl shortage here. Ever hang out on the west side at night? Hermosa Beach? Abbot Kinney? West Hollywood? Jog Runyon Canyon?

Quote: (02-14-2013 01:48 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

If you say so. Personally I don't care about race and I'm not looking for a woman of any one particular background, but I've never in my life ever thought there was a white girl shortage here. Ever hang out on the west side at night? Hermosa Beach? Abbot Kinney? West Hollywood? Jog Runyon Canyon?

I used to live on the Westside, so yeah I used to hang out in the Westside...but the comparison is to NYC, and by default Manhattan since that is what people think about when they talk about NYC, and the difference is huge.

"An LA guy going to NYC is going to do way better than a NYC guy going to LA."

Not sure about that. Cali girls are crazy about Brooklyn accented guys. Or they are in Sn Diego anyway.

Quote: (02-14-2013 01:54 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

Not sure about that. Cali girls are crazy about Brooklyn accented guys. Or they are in Sn Diego anyway.

What are you basing this on?

You picking up one girl in San Diego and one girl said she liked your accent?

Or you picking up thousands of girls in San Diego and thousands of girls said they liked your accent?

Or what?

I disagree too. This goes inline with people thinking they are cool just because they are from LA.

Also depends what kind of player you are. A sickly vegan bed wetting liberal will fit in far quicker out West than in NYC. Both places have completely different mindsets.

Quote: (02-14-2013 02:05 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I disagree too. This goes inline with people thinking they are cool just because they are from LA.

Also depends what kind of player you are. A sickly vegan bed wetting liberal will fit in far quicker out West than in NYC. Both places have completely different mindsets.

I'd think this is more of a problem of people in New York, who try to go out of their way to say they are from New York.

He is just saying if you can pull in LA you can pull in NYC easier. That should be obvious for people who have spent more than 3 months in both cities.

I think one of the other problems in LA is that when you go out, the average age of the women is higher than most places I've been to. Lot of late 20/30-something girls out there and a good percentage of them are really really jaded and weird.

Quote: (02-14-2013 02:02 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

What are you basing this on?

You picking up one girl in San Diego and one girl said she liked your accent?

Or you picking up thousands of girls in San Diego and thousands of girls said they liked your accent?

Or what?
i am basing this in about 1998 when my friend moved out there and they loved his accent and when i visited i got same attention. It was actually more than a dozen. like i said my friend moved out there and lived there for quite a few years.Maybe thats before they become snotty? or maybe you wouldn't know unless you have the accent and went out there?Unless you actually have the accent you can not comment one way or another.
it also has nothing to do with being from NY actually because very FEW people in NYC actually have the accent,LOL.It has nothing with being cool or otherwise. It is just a way of talking(joey from friends) that some women LIKE. There is no expalantion for it. Some guys like southern belle accents. It is all relative.

Lol, the same day this vid came out, I found out my 22 yo chick coworker in a standard office job is dating a big music video director. I have nothing against *her,* because she is dating him. But for every girl like her with a boyfriend like him, there are ten or fifty girls vying to be her, and trying to fuck their way up the ladder. I think money is an excuse that guys are comfortable using - but really it's about ACCESS and POWER. Do you meet hot girls in private social settings? Do you have a grip on power with which to entice them? No to both? Well good luck, you're as good as the dude imagined in the video. LA must be the national capital of cockteases and casting couch seductions, leaving everyone else SOL. A lot of guys think they can mack any girl, but a lot of the girls going out clubbing are not even DTF, like my coworker - it's just what they do, irrespective of whether they want strange dick or not.

Admittedly, I haven't done day game in enough volume to judge the efficacy of that. I'd do social circle game except I don't know where to start honestly, and being friends with most girls bores me.

I'm finding it close to impossible to gets 8s and 9s from night game cold approaches, in LA.

"The greater the number of non-whites that whites are surrounded by, the more the “goddess” mentality of the [white] women gets amped up. "

I think there's truth to this, both on a national and a city level. Regardless of any one guy's personal preferences, white girls are in the most demand here. Plus the Latinas here are the visual equivalent of Bolivians more often than not. It also seems like the top shelf women of all races, except *maybe* Asian women, prefer their own kind. The preference seems stronger the more multiethnic a society is - among more homogenous societies, it seems like being a different ethnicity can be a boost, aka the exotic factor. Once they become commonplace, that fades out.

There are very white scenes in the city,

(Speakeasy made that comment, http://www.rooshv.com/how-to-bang-argentine-girls ).

G, the government doesn't consider Hispanics a race, so they're often lumped in with whites. Like Texas Prophet said, whites (including Persians and Armenians) are about 30% of LA's population. So it's not far-fetched to say the 'white goddess mentality' is having an effect. That confessions of a Hollywood promoter blog had a similar point.

You have dudes of all races trying to bone that blonde pussy - (usually Jewish) Persian men are notorious for having girlfriends that don't fuck, so they take their 7 series from the crib at Baba and Maman's to the club to try and bang some white girls. Coincidentally, Persian guys are often working at a disadvantage even if they individually are not as toolish as stereotypes make them out to be. If you want to make a white girl laugh here, just start making fun of Persian guys.

If hot 8+ white chics is what you want, you will struggle to get them here. Even if you are white. If that's your goal, you might be better off in Orange County. Or better yet, just hightailing it like Roosh did and go to Poland or Czech Republic.

One edge I'll give LA is the amount of easy Latinas. I'll take those over a white girl any day of the week.

Quote: (02-14-2013 03:34 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

If hot 8+ white chics is what you want, you will struggle to get them here. Even if you are white. If that's your goal, you might be better off in Orange County. Or better yet, just hightailing it like Roosh did and go to Poland or Czech Republic.

Orange County might even be more brutal than LA.

Worse logistics, terrible nightlife venues, early last call, strong competition, even worse ratios.

Of course LA is harder, chicks are stuck-up (thanks to Hollywood), and you can't really do much daygame. Before coming to London, I used to live in Thousand Oaks ,and I usually went to Venice and Malibu to hit on girls. I believe very few people use the LA Metro, but in NYC almost everyone use the subway, so you get to meet a lot more women daily. In LA, other than club/bar game, all you can do is mall game and beach game. Also, there are fuckloads of tourists in NYC, but not as many in LA.

Do last calls really matter that much? When I've gamed in NYC and Miami I've always closed (when I've closed) before 2am. At those later hours the guys get drunker, the bitch shields bigger and music louder.