rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

100K per year, location independent, where would you go?
00K per year, location independent, where would you go?
So, I've finally situated my work to where I should be location independent making about 100k a year starting in about 4-6 months.

I'm wondering where you guys would go in this scenario? I'm open to anywhere, I just need good looking women and a good/fast internet connection.
Quote: (01-14-2018 06:21 AM)captain_shane Wrote:  

So, I've finally situated my work to where I should be location independent making about 100k a year starting in about 4-6 months.

I'm wondering where you guys would go in this scenario? I'm open to anywhere, I just need good looking women and a good/fast internet connection.

Miami is nice.
Do you like Latinas?
Hong Kong if you like chinese girls.

Switzerland if you like crime free countries.
Quote: (01-14-2018 06:32 AM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

Quote: (01-14-2018 06:21 AM)captain_shane Wrote:  

Miami is nice.
Do you like Latinas?

As much as I like Miami, I need to get out of the US for a while. I've been to Europe, but haven't been to Asia or SA yet for what it's worth.

And I'm open to any ethnicity of women, I love them all.
Can't believe that dude said somewhere in the states lol.

I've been location independent, making six figures for about 2 years now. The best location in the world would be Central and Eastern Europe, hands down. Fast internet, cheap, the most beautiful white women in the world. It's got everything.
If you are living outside of the United States for 330 days you could be tax free on your first ~ $102,100 (Foreign Earned Income Exclusion)
Anything in the United States would be a horrible choice. Dating and cost of living can be much better in other parts of the world.

It depends on a lot of factors.

1) Language skills
For attractive women, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese would be the most valuable, and in that order. You need to have conversational language skills for some or it won't be worth it.

2) Cultural fit
For example, Asian culture suits me more than Latin Culture. Don't feel like elaborating too much but I'm more of a homebody not much of a partier/ high energy guy. Disrespectful, unreliable, loud people bother me a lot. But Latin people can be a lot more fun, exciting and passionate. Just depends on what is more important to you and what you can bear.

3) Cost of living
Unless you are making 500k+ you should probably be crossing high cost of living cities off your list. It doesn't make any sense to live in a place like Hong Kong if you are not working there and could be somewhere that's decent and is 30% the cost of living. It makes more sense to save your money and live in a place that provides you better value.

Colombia is a popular choice in the West if you speak Spanish. Eastern Europe has a lot of nice options. Kiev is the popular choice if you speak Russian or Ukrainian. Tallin and cities in Poland might be ok if you only speak English. In Asia, Bangkok seems to the top pick and no language skills are needed. All of these options are low cost of living.

4) Climate preferences
Do you like hot and humid? Do you like seasons?

5) Time zone for job

6) Type of women you prefer physically and mentally
If only I could have a women with a Colombian body and an Asian brain...

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. I have been in a similar position to you for a long time. I have learned a lot along the way, and I wish I could have imparted some knowledge on my past self so I could have been in more ideal locations that fit me better.
Tokyo , Hong Kong or Cape Town.
I am genuinely confused by this thread.

Is there a reason the OP couldn't just search the travel sections for information by himself? The archives is filled with datasheets and breakdown of soo many different countries and states within countries.

Nobody knows you better than yourself.

The OP can then read and find something that personally suits him; contact other members and get going having a blast.

Why is the OP not doing this instead?
Quote: (01-14-2018 07:04 AM)SpursFan741 Wrote:  

Tokyo , Hong Kong or Cape Town.

Do not go to Tokyo or HK, these cities are crazy expensive. $100k p/y is considered only a bit above average income in these cities, therefore there'll be little to no geoarbitrage to your lifestyle / SMV.

Do not go to Cape Town for good looking women, per capita.

Quote: (01-14-2018 06:32 AM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

Miami is nice.
Do you like Latinas?

Again, do not go to Miami or HK (read above). Do not go to Switzerland, unless it's winter-time and you are a ski enthusiast.

Here's some suggestions:
- DR
- Buenos Aires
- Lima
- Bangkok
- Saigon
- Bucharest
- Belgrade.
- 2nd tier Russia.
Everyone is different, so my strategy is to use the RVF as inspiration to get a short list (like this thread) and then visit each one to see which one vibes with you personally.

Wrote more about this here:

thread-65433...pid1675292

For me personally, this is the list I am going through now:

Candidates:

1.) Bangkok
2.) Saigon
3.) Bogotá / Medellín
4.) Lima
5.) Taipei
6.) Seoul / 2nd Tier Korea City
7.) Tokyo / 2nd Tier Japan City
8.) Sao Paulo / 2nd Tier Brazilian City
9.) Budapest

Eliminated (but used to be on the list):
- Shenzhen
- Bali
- New York City
- Los Angeles
- Barcelona
- Lisbon
- Zagreb
- Sofia
- Mexico City
Quote: (01-14-2018 08:36 AM)RoadTo100 Wrote:  

Candidates:

1.) Bangkok
2.) Saigon
3.) Bogotá / Medellín
4.) Lima
5.) Taipei
6.) Seoul / 2nd Tier Korea City
7.) Tokyo / 2nd Tier Japan City
8.) Sao Paulo / 2nd Tier Brazilian City
9.) Budapest

Great list. The only city I haven't been is Sao Paulo
1) Bangkok is also my tentative #1. Only negatives are the weather and that most Thai women aren't that attractive. But I like it for a lot of other reasons.

2) Saigon is a bit too hectic with all the motorbike traffic and the noise. Hard to get around whether you are walking or driving. I think it's great for a 5 day vacation but not much more than that. But the women seem better than Thais but it takes a while, probably at least a few weeks to start getting really solid results and then you might be able to find women that are attractive, cultured and not slutty. Relatively speaking, women there seem to have a good head on their shoulders. So maybe my mind could be changed but I doubt it.
I didn't think Danang was a big deal either.

3) Bogota, Medellin are solid choices but Colombian women can be very annoying and very few are worthy a LTR. A good choice for a lot of 3 night stands then get out. Spanish must be at high level for this country to be worth it. Some beautiful waist to hip ratios and fun to bang.

4) The lack of sun there is a very underrated and huge factor even though it has some of the best temp ranges/ low rain in the world. Pretty damn good food. Not many attractive women though. And the very few that are attractive are highly likely to be lacking in other areas.

5) Was only in Tapei a few days so it's hard to for me to comment. But seems pretty meh to me.

6) I think Seoul is a great place to visit but not to live. For a 2nd tier city in SK you probably would need to learn the language.

7) I love Japanese culture but Tokyo is expensive and they don't seem to like expats that much. It was very difficult getting around the city without knowing Japanese. I could only imagine it would be much tougher in a 2nd tier city.

8) I've never been to Sao Paolo, I've always been intrigued with it. I don't see it as a place to live because
a) learning Portuguese
b) women are too high maintenance despite being physically beautiful
c) flights are expensive and long
d) a lot of crime
e) culture is not a good fit for me. Too laid back, unreliable

9) Been to Budapest many times. It's an amazing city to visit but I never considered moving there. Think there are much better options for women close by and I don't feel like learning the language.
I would go to the search feature and check out some of the other 7,926,423 threads that have "where would you go" in the title
[Image: ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma...olor=black]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
Thanks for the thoughts fellas, appreciate it.
Suprised no one has said:

A Village by the Sea.
Did you get a location independent job that pays 100k per year? If so, how did you get it?

An ideal location for you also depends on time zone preferences. For example, Europe is doable if you have to work Eastern US hours. Asia isn't unless you are ok working at night.
Mexico and import Colombian girls
I assume your working schedule is independent as well, then I would go Buenos Aires the best city I have ever lived in.

Great weather, the most beautiful women, great restaurants opened until 2am every day of the week, cafes and bars on every corner, walking distance almost everywhere if you live in good spot in Palermo Hollywood, great nightlife spots rly close to each other (you never use a taxi when you are out unless you wanna go home)

The prices are similar to UK so pretty expensive for SA standards.
Fine dining is still a bit cheaper then UK tho.

The most important point tho it’s insane amount of talent daytime wherever you look and nighttime is just absurd...
Put non-EU Europe on the list, everything is cheaper. Potential cities would include: Budva, Belgrade, Novi Sad, (which I hear a lot of good things about/ has some Hungarian character, check out Charles Cather on YouTube for more info) Sarajevo, Skopje, Kiev, Odessa, Chisinau, Tbilisi, Sochi, Moscow, St. Petersburg. Also look into Bulgaria.
100k in Miami isn't a lot
Quote: (01-14-2018 12:58 PM)treypound Wrote:  

$100k is pretty good in miami
Good looking women and fast internet - need a bit more information than that

Reminds me of of those brag posts "Is 200k usd a year enough to live in Manilla?"...."Where can I find a women that can handle a 12 inch Mandingo?"
Theres a whole planet out there OP. You have to narrow it down.

Do you want beaches/hot weather/cold weather/food/size of city/language/women etc....
If visas weren't an issue and I needed to be on American eastern time, I'd probably split-time and summer somewhere in Crete, then winter over in Buenos Aires. I think that'd be about the right mix of an endless stream of slutty EE girls and urban life, and I believe I read the Greek government now has a program to get you a visa if you invest in real estate.

If I had to pick just one, maybe a Balkan capital. I haven't tried, but the women being a notorious pain in the ass in Buenos Aires just sounds like a major strike against it for year-round living, as much my style as it is.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!
Quote: (01-14-2018 03:39 PM)Gunn Wrote:  

Quote: (01-14-2018 12:58 PM)treypound Wrote:  

$100k is pretty good in miami

I agree, $100K in Miami is good. The cost of living in South Florida isn't what I'd consider cheap... but it's cheaper than what most people think - and is nowhere near the cost of living in a place like NYC or Southern California.

There's also no state income tax, and virtually all other taxes (property, sales, etc.) are far below the national average.

Who I am is just the habit of what I always was, and who I'll be is the result
Hands down Istanbul.
If you can afford paying 1500-2000$ monthly rent then you can rent a decent pad in Kadikoy/Besiktas area and wont have to deal with traffic jams.
Healthcare wise private hospitals are excellent and employ some of the best physicians/surgeons
Nightlife is excellent and very vibrant.

I wouldn't have recommended Istanbul a year ago due to terror risks but so far there hasnt been any terror attacks since 2017 January ** knocks on wood

Oh and it has an airport which you can fly to basically any country in the world, want to go to Colombia? There is a direct flight, wanna go to Phuket? There is a direct filght.
Quote: (01-14-2018 05:26 PM)Blancpain Wrote:  

Hands down Istanbul.
If you can afford paying 1500-2000$ monthly rent then you can rent a decent pad in Kadikoy/Besiktas area and wont have to deal with traffic jams.
Healthcare wise private hospitals are excellent and employ some of the best physicians/surgeons
Nightlife is excellent and very vibrant.

I wouldn't have recommended Istanbul a year ago due to terror risks but so far there hasnt been any terror attacks since 2017 January ** knocks on wood

Oh and it has an airport which you can fly to basically any country in the world, want to go to Colombia? There is a direct flight, wanna go to Phuket? There is a direct filght.

I've been to Istanbul and liked the city. I didn't try to game there, but from what I know, local girls are generally off limits to foreigners, especially to non-muslims (correct me if I'm wrong). There are many other great places in the world where this is not the case.