rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

M.O.A.B. all up in I.S.I.S. Tunnels

Check out this article about the Goatfuckers being vaporized into Ash.

M.O.A.B.

SJW's are in an uproar that the inventor of the bomb (Albert L. Weimorts) assumed the Gender when he named it.

Excerpt:
WASHINGTON — The United States dropped the “mother of all bombs” — the largest conventional bomb in the American arsenal — on an Islamic State cave complex in Afghanistan on Thursday, the Pentagon said, unleashing a munition so massive that it had to be dropped from the rear of a cargo plane.

The bomb, officially called the GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast — hence its moniker — hit a tunnel complex in the Achin district of Nangarhar Province, according to a statement from the United States military in Afghanistan. It did not say how many militants were killed.

Trump thread bro

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I like the thread title.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

BOOM!

I'm waiting for smartphone video to show up. I just now there was an infantry platoon nearby filming it.

I am afraid that women appreciate cruelty, downright cruelty, more than anything else. They have wonderfully primitive instincts. We have emancipated them, but they remain slaves looking for their masters all the same. They love being dominated.
--Oscar Wilde

Best meme I've seen:

"Shit, I guess that moves Amy Schumer's Netflix Special to second biggest bomb of the year."

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

For the reported ISIS casualty figures (36), I think it was a waste considering the cost. Unless the purpose was to show China, Russia or North Korea what Uncle Sam's got.

But what do I know??

Quote: (04-14-2017 03:20 PM)El Padrone Wrote:  

For the reported ISIS casualty figures (36), I think it was a waste considering the cost. Unless the purpose was to show China, Russia or North Korea what Uncle Sam's got.

But what do I know??

Exactly what do you know. [Image: wink.gif]

*36 ISIS deaths
*Tunnel network and ammo/munitions caches obliterated
*North Korea shitting their pants
*American adversaries put on notice
*The MOAB was likely bought and paid for a decade ago - never used in combat and gathering dust

My dad told me a bit ago he saw a claim on Fox that the production cost of each MOAB is more like $170k. Pretty close to what I guessed it should be in the DT thread.

I spent a few minutes looking for a source for that but didn't find it. If accurate, that's not bad. The C130 flight alone probably cost like $30k. Nothing the military does is cheap.

This thread was unnecessary but you almost deserve a rep point for that title.

Daily caller had an article about the true cost of the bomb. Adjusted for inflation it comes out to about $227k. The only part that is made by a private firm is the primitive guidance system which is probably little more than an altimeter, to set the detonation altitude. It is painted John Deere green because when it was built, the only paint they had in the warehouse in sufficient volume to paint all of them was John Deere green.

The body count is not newsworthy. I imagine they'll try to keep a lid on the damage to the cave complex. It may seem pricey, but imagine that being used on a target like NK amassing thousands of soldiers on the border. It then becomes dirt cheap.

I noticed that Fox News had the MOAB story as their headline for two straight days. Maybe I'm paranoid but to me this seems suggestive of "How I stopped being anti-pointless wars and learned to love blowing shit up again" propaganda efforts. Hopefully this isn't an early indication that they're trying to prepare public opinion for something big...after all, I'm pretty sure the first and last time I heard about the MOAB prior to this week was in grade school back in...2003[Image: tard.gif]

This megabomb is dropped from a C130. That delivery system limits its tactical use vs any entity with decent AA systems, I mean you're not going to dodge missiles coming at you at mach 8 flying a Hercules.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Quote: (04-14-2017 05:53 PM)911 Wrote:  

This megabomb is dropped from a C130. That delivery system limits its tactical use vs any entity with decent AA systems, I mean you're not going to dodge missiles coming at you at mach 8 flying a Hercules.

So it'll be laughably useless against S-300 protected Syria, that's good.

What I care about is whether it'll be deployable in airspace defended by 50 year old mobile SAMs like North Korea.

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

Quote: (04-14-2017 09:57 PM)Transsimian Wrote:  

Quote: (04-14-2017 05:53 PM)911 Wrote:  

So it'll be laughably useless against S-300 protected Syria, that's good.

What I care about is whether it'll be deployable in airspace defended by 50 year old mobile SAMs like North Korea.

I'm sure there are plenty of other weapons systems out there that are much better solutions than the MOAB for North Korea. But I am not a military expert nor even a pretend military expert.

Just about anything seems like it would be better.

If we go balls deep I'm hoping a lot of precision strikes on offensive and defense targets, exhausting their ability to do much other than create a meat shield.

Bonus points for taking out their leadership.

All at the same time.

I would think we wouldn't want to fuck around with a simple display of power like the MOAB to these guys. We want to take them out hard and fast and get out before we catch an invasion STD, leaving South Korea mostly untarnished.

There are plenty of similar and cheaper weapons of even greater impact - for example neutron bombs fired by long-range artillery - a mile radius each with little radiation. Essentially those are mini-nukes. While officially discontinued I very much doubt that the US and the Russians have stopped producing those.

Alternate thread title: Afghan men pegged to death by a big single mother.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

ISIS confirmed death count up to 94.

Quote: (04-14-2017 03:35 PM)weambulance Wrote:  

My dad told me a bit ago he saw a claim on Fox that the production cost of each MOAB is more like $170k. Pretty close to what I guessed it should be in the DT thread.

I spent a few minutes looking for a source for that but didn't find it. If accurate, that's not bad. The C130 flight alone probably cost like $30k. Nothing the military does is cheap.

To put that in context, the Tomahawk missles cost around $1 million each, and we needed 59 of them.

Sure, because we don't have air superiority in the region.

$1.5 million dollar cruise missiles are cheap compared to sending in strike fighters and losing even one to AA. A single F/A-18 plus pilot, with all his training and experience, is around ~$70 million to replace. $100 million if it was a Super Hornet. Gotta replace a WSO too if it's an F/A-18F. And you can't just buy pilots or WSOs from a factory.

The strategy to defeat radicalism if one wanted to is simple.

Pressure the royal family of saudi arabia and qatar to stop funding and to clam down on wahhabism in exchange for support in their longterm survival in power.

The US can do that easily if it wanted to. But since a few decades ago it has used this islamism against its enemies from russians to iran to serbians.

Islamic radicalism precedes isis and will survive it. Killing them is not a long term strategy. You have to plug the leak pouring in before draining.

The day this happens is the day that you know you have an administration committed to defending western values.

External link to a video which purportedly shows the MOAB explosion:

http://www.bestgore.com/murder/moab-expl...lm-ground/

Not sure if legit though. It starts off filming a small explosion which is followed by an enormous secondary explosion, so could just be an old video of a strike on a weapons cache. Also didn't hear a single Aloha Snackbar from the cameraman which is very atypical. Maybe the geography in the video can be matched with the reported location of the MOAB drop.

Thats not the MOAB. Already pointed out in the Trump thread.

My bad that I didn't catch that. I've stopped going in that thread now that it's turned into a WNBA locker room.

I find it amazing that progressives bemoan the fact that Trump dropped a massive bomb on ISIS militants.

I guess he should have done it like Sweden by giving them a visum, an apartment, a trucker's driving license for free and plenty of cash - integration instead of war - Yes Sweden! Trucks of Peace ahoj!