rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Doxing Prevention Datasheet

Recent events have made me very concerned with keeping safe online. This datasheet should protect you from anyone using (semi)public information to connect your anonymous life with your real or public life.

Forums:
  • Do you use a minimum of one unique username for each forum?
    (Put a couple of randomly generatrated words together, and save in a password manager).
  • Do you use a unique profile pic?(People can reverse image search)
  • Do you use a unique registration email?
    (Lots of services offer free emails, you can consolidate all the active ones using POP forwarding, for simplicity, use your username for each one, or you could use a temporary email service like throwawaymail.com)
  • Do you ideally reveal no more than one unique identifying feature with each account?
    (this could include hobbies, skills, personal history, even unique grammar and spelling habits, on there own they might be unremarkable, but in combination, unique )
  • Do you watch what you say in private messages? Remember, no site can be counted to be unhackable or uncomprimisable given enough effort and resources.
Websites and shops:
  • Do you use a VPN? Otherwise, it is easy for any website (or hacker who's hacked one) to use your IP to narrow down your location to a particular street or suburb.
  • Do you use a unique password? Hackers know people usually use the same login info across the web.
  • Do you use a payment service like paypal/alipay/amazon wallet to avoid giving random sites your payment details?
  • Do you use cryptocurrency to pay? (I don't unfortunately, but it certainly would help anonymity)
  • Make sure never to use your Facebook or Google account to log into any site (this will prevent them accessing your shared info)
Personally owned websites:
  • Use WHOIS guard, if anything, it is worth it to stop the spammers.
  • Try not to use your personal name anywhere if not necessary
Social Networking:
  • Try to use a believable fake name. (If you aren't German, Facebook will ask for government ID otherwise)
  • Don't share anything you won't be comfortable sharing with a stranger who hates you
  • Ignore any site requests for personal information
  • Register with a burner phone and email if demanded.
  • Make sure the personal url doesn't have your real name
  • The more topics you post publically, the less topics you'll be able to debate anonymously.
  • Don't add/follow family members. (James Comey was doxxed this way)
  • Don't share jokes or memes you'd then share on a forum.
  • Delete your history, or at the very least, hide it. Here's a script to automate it on facebook for chrome and firefox.
Messaging apps:
  • Do not use your real name as your account name (This is very difficult to correct, I had to jettison a well-populated account to preserve my anonymity)
  • Is your account name found anywhere online?
  • Turn off "show your location" on any photos.
  • Be careful of Apps that show your location like Tinder, triangulating your location is still possible, just harder than before.
  • Do you avoid giving random apps your contact list? (This step won't help you personally, but it would help keep your mates details safe)
  • If you use a dual SIM phone, use your backup phone number for apps and the like. Otherwise, people can find your online identity with just a phone number search. Even Signal has this flaw. (I haven't taken this step yet)
Emails:
So how exactly do keep track of multiple email accounts? Use POP forwarding to an account you check regularly.
  1. Create a new account (I generally use the same provider, but this is marginally less secure)
  2. In the new account, go to settings, and there should be an option for POP/IMAP
  3. Click something like Add Forwarding Address
  4. Log into your original account, and click the confirmation email.
    This will now have any emails from the new one automatically forwarded to your main account, even better, you can send emails from your main account using your new idenity.
But what about security?
  • Don't combine your financial/purchasing emails with your personal/anonymous ones.(I personally have three totally independent main accounts, personal, business and online shopping)
  • Don't use your personal named account as your main account.(This is inconvenient, but this'll be a big target for hackers).
  • Do not send emails from, or tell anyone your main account. This protection via concealment allows you to use a relatively simple password.
  • Give all your non-main accounts a super strong password and store them in a password manager.
  • Backup your emails offline, and regularly delete anything online. (Beyond protecting your data, it'll also stop hackers identifying any email accounts they can reset the password for.)
Passwords and Password managers
Passwords are a balance between ease of remembering and entry and security, I like this guy's approach for secure but memorable passwords(read the entire article, it's golden);
Quote:Quote:

So if you want your password to be hard to guess, you should choose something that this process will miss. My advice is to take a sentence and turn it into a password. Something like "This little piggy went to market" might become "tlpWENT2m". That nine-character password won't be in anyone's dictionary. Of course, don't use this one, because I've written about it. Choose your own sentence -- something personal.
I would strongly recommend a offline password manager like KeePass, as a simple password and worldwide remote hackability a recipe for disaster. I keep one encrypted copy of my password file on my home PC, and a few well hidden backups.
Treat security questions like "What is your mother's maiden name?" and "Where did you go to school? like a second password. There's nothing like a hacker bypassing a superstrong password with easily found knowledge of you. My old lady's called £éY)Ò*¸ÄíóDäÝUKxz¥uó$4¡µ!ôNR`X¦gÅ A by the way.
I'm undecided on two-factor authentication and reset, because you don't necessarily have control over your number

Other suggestions
  • Avoid logging into anything too important on your phone or laptop, as they are a target for thieves
  • Don't piss off ASIO/NSA/GCHQ or the like. Hiding from them is far beyond the scope of this guide and besides, we are all good honest lads here.
  • Don't piss off any real life gangsters or corrupt cops. Your l33t infosec is nothing if they torture the password out of you.
[Image: security.png]

Thank you for reading and stay safe

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

If someone has a reason and wants to find you or hack you, they will.

The only sure solution is equal to that of the only sure way not to get a girl pregnant which is not to fuck. Don't post, browse, or register.

The suggestions are too hodgepodge and random and don't constitute a strategy.

Quote: (07-25-2017 08:16 PM)Off The Reservation Wrote:  

The only sure solution is equal to that of the only sure way not to get a girl pregnant which is not to fuck. Don't post, browse, or register.

You wasted your 1'666th post saying something so undiabolical [Image: dodgy.gif]

Anyway, you are right, no one is untracable or unhackable, but it's still sensible to try to minimise the amount of people who are a threat, whilst not being a hermit.

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

Quote: (07-25-2017 08:27 PM)Transsimian Wrote:  

Quote: (07-25-2017 08:16 PM)Off The Reservation Wrote:  

You wasted your 1'666th post saying something so undiabolical [Image: dodgy.gif]

Anyway, you are right, no one is untracable or unhackable, but it's still sensible to try to minimise the amount of people who are a threat, whilst not being a hermit.

What about the idea Transsimian for people who don't really want social media accounts but open them just to control the "official" version? Better to not have one or have one inactive but it be the real one?

Do you recommend owning a Lamborghini?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (07-25-2017 08:38 PM)Off The Reservation Wrote:  

What about the idea Transsimian for people who don't really want social media accounts but open them just to control the "official" version? Better to not have one or have one inactive but it be the real one?
That's a good approach to take.

Quote: (07-25-2017 08:56 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Do you recommend owning a Lamborghini?

Definitely!
Getting the Line of a girl who sees you get out of the car will be a flying 100% success rate for you.

Step 1. Don't be an international basement dwelling drug lord.

Step 2. Don't brag how you are an international drug lord on the internet.

Dox averted.

Quote: (07-25-2017 10:18 PM)Armogan Wrote:  

Dox averted.

/thread

Don't PM members videos of yourself driving a fancy car with a huge wad of cash

Will this help me to find an upper class virgin who is marriage quality?

I kid, I kid!

There is some good advice here. I haven't followed all of it. I occasionally get ideas of being a notorious shitlord, then think I'd better not. I'd rather not be famous.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote: (07-25-2017 10:18 PM)Armogan Wrote:  

Dox averted.

We all have our skeletons and secrets

Even the best of us can have things maliciously presented out of context to employers, clients and family.

That's not to mention false accusations, identity theft, fake orders, or a zealot driving to your house and setting it on fire.

This is not about Cazes, though it did prompt me that sometimes smart people overlook things.

Facebook suggestion: I deleted my first Facebook that I've had for 10 years, but replaced it with a new one that had minimal friends, zero posting history, minimal pictures, and ZERO liking of political posts.

It's too difficult to live a normal life without Facebook. Women and co-workers are always going to wonder why you don't have one. Make sure that you don't like or comment on ANYTHING controversial. With facebook, you can now search "posts liked by Graft" and check to see which public posts the user has liked. It was far too risky from an employment or romantic standpoint to keep a 10 year record of everything I've liked.

Stay stealth, brothers.

Quote: (07-25-2017 10:43 PM)Repo Wrote:  

You mean: Don't PM members who (happen to be James Comey) (and convinced you to send them [Image: tinfoilhat.gif] ) videos of yourself driving a fancy car with a huge wad of cash

Quote: (07-25-2017 11:22 PM)Graft Wrote:  

Facebook suggestion: I deleted my first Facebook that I've had for 10 years, but replaced it with a new one that had minimal friends, zero posting history, minimal pictures, and ZERO liking of political posts.

Exactly, though I never liked anything in the first place, I have no love for huge tax-dodging data-mining firms.

Quote: (07-26-2017 01:22 AM)Going strong Wrote:  

Quote: (07-25-2017 10:43 PM)Repo Wrote:  

You mean: Don't PM members who (happen to be James Comey) (and convinced you to send them [Image: tinfoilhat.gif] ) videos of yourself driving a fancy car with a huge wad of cash

Such a mean thing to do the the oversized unemployed sop. [Image: angel.gif]

On a very unrelated note- connecting the PayPal to the account didn't really reveal the identity, it more just confirmed it, right?

Also, I want to add that you should NEVER have your work email logged into any browser you actually use. If you have a Gmail email then in theory your employer could access your internet history with minimal effort

Quote: (07-25-2017 10:49 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

I occasionally get ideas of being a notorious shitlord, then think I'd better not.

I'm the same way. I occasionally consider writing some snarky post on the Internet or using a meme to humiliate another person and then I think better of it and carry on with my day.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Bottom line is that if a nation-state level organization wants to find out who you are, they will by hook or by crook. Doxxing prevention is mostly aimed at preventing amateur or activist elements from linking your online identities with your real one.

What recent high profile cases tell us is that it isn't enough to simply have a vague online identity. It isn't even enough to use a VPN and a burner and think you're mostly safe anymore because then your VPN IP address leaves its fingerprints on the other websites that you go to. Unless you only use specific servers for specific websites. But then your hardware has a MAC address that is unique, so unless you have a set of hardware specifically for whatever activity you're engaged in there still exists an electronic signature which is now coupled to that outbound VPN IP. Got a burner phone? Hope you didn't activate or use it (or even have the battery in it) within a few mile radius of your house because now your home tower has a ping on that "totally anonymous burner".

Things like using a double VPN, onion over VPN, burner devices, and encryption give you another layer of protection but unless you strictly compartmentalize your online habits and take extreme measures to reduce your meta data footprint it will still be relatively easy to figure out who you are given enough manpower and computing resources. As we move forward it is becoming increasingly outside the norm for young and middle aged people to not have a social media footprint. You could say fuck it and never make one, or you could make a real one and let it sit dormant while concurrently using an alias account that you only access from a unique double VPN IP address and/or with a burner device. Makes no sense to use a VPN to do some questionable stuff, then order a bunch of shit off of amazon with the same IP address...boom...your real ID has just been linked with the VPN IP address of your alias.

Abstinence is the only way, and that's just no fucking fun.

Quote: (07-26-2017 07:01 PM)Adonis Wrote:  

Bottom line is that if a nation-state level organization wants to find out who you are, they will by hook or by crook. Doxxing prevention is mostly aimed at preventing amateur or activist elements from linking your online identities with your real one.

Exactly,

This comment is good advice for someone who thinks they'll be safe from state-level actors.

I don't use this username anywhere else. I have another username that I use on lots of boards.

Just so you know my real name is LeBron James and I totally am a pro basketball drug lord living in my mothers basement with a Lamborghini and wads of cash.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

It's too difficult to live a normal life without Facebook. Women and co-workers are always going to wonder why you don't have one.

If some girl says "OMG, you don't have Facebook???!!" I just say "I have privacy concerns" and most people will understand that. Who cares what your co-workers think?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...ou-privacy

Here's how much google and facebook know about you.

Here is mine.

Don't have WhatsApp and facebook on the same phone/device. Don't have facebook on your phone whatsoever in fact.

These apps/FB site will see your number and match it with others who have that number on their phone. If you had a ONS with a chick and she has your phone number then both of you will be on each others suggested friends list.

Whether they changed this recently I don't know but I noticed this way back in 2012 and facebook doesn't have my number but I had WhatsApp.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/Thomas1774Paine/status/980305017298145280][/url]

Quote: (01-01-2018 10:41 PM)Sisyphus Wrote:  

It's too difficult to live a normal life without Facebook. Women and co-workers are always going to wonder why you don't have one.

If some girl says "OMG, you don't have Facebook???!!" I just say "I have privacy concerns" and most people will understand that. Who cares what your co-workers think?

My co-workers don't know a damn thing about me. I don't tell them my relationship status, what I did the night before, my hobbies, nothing. There is little advantage to getting to know your co-workers other than civil small talk in this PC era.

Edit: At blue collar jobs I'll tell the boys I smoked a blunt and fucked a girl who's pussy smelled like toxic waste the night before, and she threw up on me on the drive home because they don't give a shit. Any none blue collar stuff the above applies.