rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vinny's Bucharest Romania trip report and datasheet

Why Romania?
I had a taste shift recently as I started to prefer brunettes with tanned skin to light skinned blondes. While I am learning Spanish and getting ready to a big leap to South America I have decided to visit the only Latin country of Eastern Europe. Some say Romania is as close as it gets to SA in Europe.

There are few datasheet on Bucharest here already and I read them before travelling. Some information might be repeated, but I hope my observations may provide some new insight to Bucharest.

Nightgame:

Before coming to Bucharest I have learned from other members who visited that nightlife was not that pleasant. Large impenetrable groups of people, loud music, lots of pros. So I have decided to focus on daygame, twilight/gutter game and online game. Hovewer I did drink few beers in the bars at the Lipscani street and visited small student-hipster club. Music is really loud in old town even outside of the clubs you can hardly talk, so this affects your gutter game too.

Daygame:
I was initially not impressed with the average quality of girls. Targets were rare and bitchshields quite high. I did not get any real harsh blowouts, but I had few of those WTF annoyed face expressions thrown at me. But with some work and time invested daygaming in Piatta Unirii and Piatta Romani after 5 pm should get you enough leads to get some action. Conversion rate is low. A lot of girls would reply but would not go on dates.
Funny thing is that you can easily spot busyest city areas by presence of gipsies. Are there some gipsies stationed around? Probably thats the most high traffic area of the city.
You can also try to explore numerous Bucharest parks. But I found targets to be extremely rare there.
Dirty air. While daygaming for few hours you start to notice the bad quality of the air. Unfortunately the best daygame areas were in high car traffic areas.

Twilight/Gutter game:
For those who are new to concept it is basically a form of daygame which you run in the busy nightlife areas. Targets are tipsy girls in good mood that move in between the clubs or stay outside smoking. Bucharest has a nicely concentrated nightlife in the old city center. So it is well suited for guttergame. I had some good leads and dates from it.

Online game:
Tinder did not provide a good result. I got plenty of matches. But I decided not to follow up and of them after checking all the photos. It might be different for other guys as I am still pretty spoiled after Kiev. However Instagram pipelining did get me some hotter looking leads. My Romanian flag hapenned to be my first fully Instagram acquired lay.
Speaking of Instagram I noticed one tendency. If a girl has a private account it simply means she has a boyfriend. 99% of time, so don't bother.

Girls:
Comparing to other countries I would say that Romania is similar in quality to Poland, Czech republic or Baltics (althought with a different darker type) lower in quality than Russia and Ukraine and higher than any western European country.
It can be affected by the fact that many girls are at the seaside right now, and there are no students in the city but I was in Kiev during summer too.

You do see lots of nice asses, every 10th girl would have those free roaming tits or nipples sticking out. Romanians hate bra's apparently. Tits are also notable. Butterfaces are many. I would say a face is a weakest part of an average Romanian girl. While the tits and asses are above average European level. But those of them that do have cute faces have it properly cute. Some really specific Romanian facial features can be very beautiful. I did not see any true stunners to be honest. But definitely few 9s here and there.

As with all cultures that appreciate big ass some girls have nice asses, but also are chubby.

Girl are full of suspicion. Why are you here? How long are you going to stay? They are also not easily convinced.

It is not fair to judge by the only one girl I was banging, but my flag girl made me a best blowjob, cooked me nice meal and offered me massage after sex. Pretty much a perfect girl. Although looks wise definitely a point below my Kiev standards attitude wise a point above. This particular girl was a good combination of traditions and western influences. Down for a single night lay, yet cooks you dinner and offers you a massage.

English is amazingly good in Bucharest. Every girl in sexually attractive age range spoke great English. I did not have a benefit of speaking local language there so it was a good surprise

Girls definitely seem more emotional than their more eastern or northern counterparts.

Trip report:
I spent 1 week in Bucharest in the end of August, Wednesday to Wednesday.

I was renting apartment in Piatta Unirii area, close to old city. So close enough, but no noise of nightclubs.

I did as I always do on short trips. Gaming a lot on first few days and then combining dates with sightseeing.
Benefits include having a free guide and a free photographer with a conversation nicely leaning into your past travel experiences which should impress the girl. In the end there is always a chance of making sweet love after all this pleasantly spent time.

There were quite a few forum members on the ground. I met with 4 guys and had a great time. 2 guys were new to daygame and I enjoyed dropping some knowledge that I have managed to acquire in last few months.

Observations and tendencies:
Food is great. Loved the local cuisine. In the end of august vegetables and fruits are super fresh and super cheap. Could not stop eating watermelons and pissing [Image: biggrin.gif]

People are either religious or just respect religious traditions, girls cross themselves when passing by the church.

Amount of dark sex tourist guys smoking shishas is slightly lower than in Kiev, but there is influx of Italians. Not sure about night, but during the day city is definitely not over-hunted like Prague. I have seen only one guy that approached a girl, not including me and the guys I met up with.

I am a darker looking European. Here in Romania majority thought I was local, but when I spoke English guessed that I was Italian. For example in Ukraine girls would guess I am Turkish majority of times and in Western Europe everyone thinks I am Spanish. I thing it depends on types of guys these girls see more often. FYI I am neither Italian, Romanian, Turkish or Spanish.

Credit cards are not so widely accepted. Get the cash, or you will struggle.

Girls are looking around, and giving IOIs quite often, which is very helpful.

Funny story. I was in Caru Cu Bere restaurant on a date with a girl. When she went to toilet a waitress came to me and gave me serviette with a girl's number on it.
Never happened to me before. I guess if girls like you they have balls to chase you and fight for you.

Girls give you complements even when rejecting. That helps to maintain a good vibe while day gaming.

Phone talking virus. Really often you see a girl walking around and talking on their phone. It does not help approaching during the day. Headphones are also often seen but this is not a problem for me personally.

Cheap internet. I got 5 Gb for 6 euro with Vodafone. With amazing speed 4g+

This is irrelevant but I have never seen so many pigeons, except may be in London. Their shit is on every bench in every park. You have been warned [Image: biggrin.gif]

Wearing blazer during gutter game might be too much. The same night 2 girls commented on my looks and said that Romanians only dress like that on the wedding date.

Surprisingly I found that Romania is a good place to learn Spanish. Quite a few girls preferred Spanish over English and I had a chance to practice a bit.

What is different to most of EE is that studies begin 1st of October and not 1st of September, I think this is due to warmer weather.

There might be some discomfort for those travelling from highly developed countries. You might encounter rusty water coming from the tap or a neighbor drilling walls early Saturday morning. Did not bother me too much.

For the end of August the weather was great. Sunny every day, and clouds came and went very fast without almost any rain.

On average people are not tall.

People seemed generally friendly and helpful. Once in metro I confused my bus pass with metro pass and the thing was not letting me in. A girl came over and tried to pay for me.

2 girls I dated and one I ended up banging both talked about cooking for me. I found it to be a good sign. I am pretty sure I would bang a second girl if I would stay few days longer.

Clothing is pretty cheap. I bought myself shorts and a t-shirt for 20 euros.

Never seen so many skater girls anywhere else. And none is riding them just carrying skateboards [Image: smile.gif]

Romania is cheap. With a combination of online game, day game, gutter game, few drinks and meals in bars on dates and an airbnb for a week I ended up spending around 400 euros. Which is extremely low comparing to the amount of fun I had.

I have only used my Russian once while speaking to a girl from Moldova who did not speak English. I think the more closer to Moldova you come the more Russian you will need.

I have learned from locals that apparently Romania is the cam sex capital. Don't know how this affects the game in Romania, but I am sure it is a negative thing if the girls expect to be payed just for you looking at her [Image: smile.gif]

Transportation:
While not as cheap as in Kiev metro is 1 euro for a 2 way ticket and taxi is 1.39 lei (0.30 eur) for 1 km.

To get from the airport to city center use bus 783. Don't make the same mistake I made and withdraw cash in the airport lobby before going down to buses. I stood the big line just to find out they don't accept cards.

Beware of taxi scams. I have once sat in the taxi and the guy gave me another price than the one mentioned on the car door. 3.90 instead of 1.39. I just went to a car parked behind and got a normal rate.
Uber seems to be good here. I never used it but my flag girl used it a lot. Download a star taxi app. It makes getting a normal taxi really easy.

Overview:
Although Romania is beaten by places like Ukraine I still think it is a great country to visit. Has its own special vibe, olive skinned girls with big asses and nice history and Culture. I am definitely coming back to explore smaller cities with medieval architecture. Next time I am going back when students are in town.

Great datasheet sheet ounce again Vinny. Whenever I see a trip report from you I know it's going to be a good read. Well done man!! One question for you. If I remember correctly you stated that you look spanish with darker features. Do you think this hindered your results?

Awesome datasheet. Echoes my thoughts pretty much.

Not the same as Ukraine/Russia, but it's definitely a nice change of scenery, with a large variety in the type of women you see. Even though Bucharest is a pretty shitty city, I still didn't feel that unsafe walking around at night..I also found that most girls were pretty receptive and nice, when compared to a lot of other European capitals.

In regards to the Spanish influence, I noticed the same thing with French. Most girls I met could speak either Spanish or French, and they often prefered it to English.

Quote:Quote:

Twilight/Gutter game:

For those who are new to concept it is basically a form of daygame which you run in the busy nightlife areas. Targets are tipsy girls in good mood that move in between the clubs or stay outside smoking. Bucharest has a nicely concentrated nightlife in the old city center. So it is well suited for guttergame. I had some good leads and dates from it.

The front-door-rule is so powerful, and in Romania it's one of those things I noticed the most. More than most countries I've been to, girls love to congregate outside of the bars to smoke, or just chat. I had girls open me outside of bars, so I can definitely verify this.

Edit: Taxi scams are huge, but taxi drivers (a lot of them) work with prostitutes. My first taxi heading into Bucharest offered to bring me to a 'club', which he said was his side business. He said I could buy girls there, negotiate a price, then he'd take a cut.

Was in Bucharest earlier this summer. Pretty accurate. A very gritty city but the friendliest people i have encountered on my travels from the moment i arrived till the moment i left, possibly due to most asking why a Northern European guy wanted to visit Romania! Also take a trip to Brasov if time allows for a bit of sightseeing. I've never been to South America but it did look at bit like BA from what i've seen, especially the building layouts and advert boards etc.

I actually found online game was pretty successful here. Girls were highly receptive and were happy to go on a date and had no qualms at going back to apartments etc. The girls were all walking about with Iphones etc. probably bought by their mafia guy [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Great Datasheet! The OP seems to be saying there are a lot of butter faces and some hot ones. Let me clarify what I think he's saying. When I was there I found girls to be either 7s and up or 4s and below. In Poland, most of the girls fall in the middle 6 range. So you can say Romania has more hot girls than Poland and you can also say it has more uglier girls. Both are true.

What I think what's neat about a place about Romania is that a decent guy would have a shot at a 7 or 8. Whereas finding and gaming an 8 in Poland would be tough. Also the city is pretty run down and gray. I often wondered if it's worth it to be in such a uninspiring place even if there are hot girls there. Just my two cents.

Quote: (09-03-2016 04:02 PM)dontuan Wrote:  

Also the city is pretty run down and gray. I often wondered if it's worth it to be in such a uninspiring place even if there are hot girls there. Just my two cents.

I would echo that sentiment - I thought Brasov was aesthetically far more pleasing than the capital, and a return trip would see me venturing further out - maybe to Cluj and/or Targu Mures for curiosity's sake. Of course due to sheer population the capital will obviously generate more options. Time of the year I think is important also - it was stinking hot when I was there (late June) and many head to the seaside.

Next time I would definitely take some time to visit smaller cities.

I forgot to mention that contrary to the stereotypes place does seem pretty safe. I felt no discomfort whatsoever. At times it seems to have to much police even. Once I got stopped by a police for crossing the road on the read light. Received a warning for a first time, did not try to do it again [Image: smile.gif]

Well done sir.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

Quote: (09-03-2016 11:43 AM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

Edit: Taxi scams are huge...

I couldn't find a taxi driver that didn't try to rip me off - day or night - in my few days in Bucharest two years ago. Meanwhile I've been living in Bulgaria - an even poorer country - for more than three years and can probably still count the number of times I've been cheated in taxis on two hands (though a few companies are certainly likely to do it often while some never will).

Otherwise I liked Bucharest, particularly the Lipscani nightlife area which doesn't have an equivalent here in Sofia where even in the center things are more spread out.

Quote: (09-04-2016 07:45 PM)MikeS Wrote:  

I couldn't find a taxi driver that didn't try to rip me off - day or night - in my few days in Bucharest two years ago. Meanwhile I've been living in Bulgaria - an even poorer country - for more than three years and can probably still count the number of times I've been cheated in taxis on two hands (though a few companies are certainly likely to do it often while some never will).

Otherwise I liked Bucharest, particularly the Lipscani nightlife area which doesn't have an equivalent here in Sofia where even in the center things are more spread out.

Ukrainians have a saying about Romania (or Romonia as they say):

"If you go there riding an horse, you return (to Ukraine) walking"

Thanks for this datasheet.

About cam girls, i once met 3 of them on vacation and became quite close (didnt bang/try but still in touch). The eldest one made quite a bit of money (30k a month) and was investing very wisely. Takes constant vacations. Theyre not as easy as one might assume, and its quite common for college girl romanians to get into it and theyre actively recruited by studios using their friends.

Im curious about the nightlife, many romanians i talk to scoff at lipscani/bamboo/fratelli as the dirty/golddigger touristy places but in the datasheets noone seems to have discovered any nicer/cooler places. I do see them on facebook tagged in some places but it always seem to be far/scattered from old town/city center.

Hoping to visit before christmas and get some local guidance regarding that.

Quote: (09-05-2016 08:25 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

Im curious about the nightlife, many romanians i talk to scoff at lipscani/bamboo/fratelli as the dirty/golddigger touristy places but in the datasheets noone seems to have discovered any nicer/cooler places. I do see them on facebook tagged in some places but it always seem to be far/scattered from old town/city center.

Hoping to visit before christmas and get some local guidance regarding that.

All of these clubs are far away from the center and spread out so you need a taxi if you want to go do some club hopping. My favorite club in Bucharest is BOA (Beats of Angels). It is close to that lake in the north of the city.

The problem with Balkan clubs and this applies to Serbia and Bulgaria too is the fact that there are literally no dancefloors within the clubs. People gather around tables. It is not a problem to get a table. Usually you just need to buy one bottle but doing that solo or just with only one other guy might not be ideal. Because of this I found Lipscani more convenient to go out.

Other problem is that these nightclubs only start getting busy from 1am onwards or even later. I personally prefer to start partying earlier.

Anyone know if school is back now in Cluj Napoca? I'm thinking of heading there next week and hoping to find some students. The city will probably be boring if they aren't back yet.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (09-08-2016 03:42 AM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Anyone know if school is back now in Cluj Napoca? I'm thinking of heading there next week and hoping to find some students. The city will probably be boring if they aren't back yet.

Hey ! I've been here since june and I can clearly see the the students coming back in the city now. Much more people and cuties on the street, especially compared to august [Image: dodgy.gif]

I've also seen more girls (+15 a day) getting into my tinder the past week.

University has slowly started, but no doubt it will be much more crowded and animated in a couple of weeks. The new girls i've seen so far seemed very young and innocent [Image: angel.gif]

I'm kinda with a girl here, so i don't really do night game and can't speak of it current situation. But with the beautiful weather we've got, I'm sure you'll do good with daygame and some tinder. You'll just get more choices by waiting a little bit.

Great datasheet.

I have been in Romania but just for 2 days or so.

I have found romanian girls easy to bang in England and Spain, but I do not know how they behave in Romania.

I couldn't find a taxi driver that didn't try to rip me off - day or night - in my few days in Bucharest two years ago.

They have Uber now so hopefully this would be a little more reliable to avoid getting scammed.

Quote: (09-10-2016 12:19 PM)mogsy Wrote:  

I couldn't find a taxi driver that didn't try to rip me off - day or night - in my few days in Bucharest two years ago.

They have Uber now so hopefully this would be a little more reliable to avoid getting scammed.

Whenever i needed a taxi i asked a local that was dressed well/working in the bar/cafe i was in or the Star app. Made sure i heard my address getting mentioned. Once got a girl to speak with the driver and suppose that could have gone wrong in hindsight. Didn't get ripped off once but would now just use uber or close logistics.

Quote: (09-08-2016 03:42 AM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Studies in Romania start 1st of October. I mention that in the sheet.

Good post. Is this a good location for someone's first trip to Europe?

Quote: (09-12-2016 03:20 AM)Gpx90210 Wrote:  

Good post. Is this a good location for someone's first trip to Europe?

Yes Romania might be good for a first trip. Cheap, above average cuteness of girls and interesting sightseeing options.

Anyone in Bucharest in November?

Quote: (10-31-2016 04:27 AM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

Anyone in Bucharest in November?

I'll probably be around, shoot me a PM if you're coming.

Just landed here. If anyone is around I'll be here until March 5th

A few thoughts on this data sheet after my week there:

Regarding Bucharest nightgame, the streets around the bars were definitely where it's at. Yes you can go in, but it was much easier to talk on the street and then bring the girls into a bar with you, being that the bars are all in a two or three street span in old town Bucharest anyway. In Brasov, there are only a few options for bars so the best bet is to ask locals where to go. We ended up at an underground 90s romanian music party and had quite a blast. 3 shots of tequilla and 3 beers were only like 7USD, so that didn't hurt. Brasov also has Dracula's castle, as well as 2 others nearby that are really cool to see.

I definitely noticed the suspicion mentioned above. Every girl would ask what I was doing there. I normally just replied that it's cheap, fun, beautiful and there are good looking women, so why wouldn't I come?

The beginning of June was still a bit early in the season, so there weren't many tourists around yet. Yes they could be found, but I could see it being pretty bad in July/August. Almost everyone I met was Romanian and I don't remember one time where the girl I approached didn't speak English aside from a group of Russians I talked to.

Unfortunately I didn't get a close, but in 4 nights out I had 7 make outs and one bj. I don't know if girls are a little more resistant to ONSs here or if I just had bad luck, but it's pretty rare for me to go 0-7 on makeouts without sex, so I'm leaning towards the former.

Overall, great time, cool people, and good sights to see. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the vicinity.

Anyone have opinion on Cluj for end of July /" August? Is it dead in the summer?