rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Feel Recharged

I Feel Recharged

Right now I feel bulletproof, and like nothing can stop me. I ended a LTR back in May. We were together for over 3 years. I let this woman go deeper into my life than any other woman before her, and our breakup affected me more than I thought it would.

On the surface I'm actually better than when we were together. I turned 47, I've dropped 40 pounds, I'm back in the dojo doing MMA, I'm taking a couple trips in a few weeks with more scheduled, I've built 2 new rifles, and now I'm reloading my own ammo. But something was off.

I was going through a rough patch where I was up, and down. I felt like I couldn't shake it. Usually I go from neutral to happy, but this funk was hanging over me. There was something nagging away at me that kept trying to bubble to the surface, and I couldn't figure it out.

Well, it finally came to me. I wasn't missing her, I missed actually having a main. Having a main is something that's relatively new to me. She was the first woman that wasn't family that I actually relied on to do things for me, and I liked it.

But that's not the reason for this post and my bulletproof mood. The reason I feel like a demigod is Patrice Oneal. Yesterday while grilling I listened to an episode of The Black Phillip Show, and my mood was immediately lifted. I still felt it this morning when I woke up to go to the gym. Dealing with women in any capacity can be a drain on your energy reserves, and I really haven't been feeling it lately.

There are a lot of things that we can do as men that can recharge us, it's a matter of finding that thing. Last year it was working out, now it's listening to Patrice. Next year it will probably be something else or multiple things, but you have to find out what that is. It's essential for good mental hygiene, because as red pill men we feel isolated enough as it is. When you start to feel like you're in a low place stop everything that you're doing, and start digging through your psyche. You need to find out why immediately. Life is about living, and being depressed sucks. This is as close as I came to being depressed since I got back from Afghanistan. Being deployed actually cured me. It was the isolation that gave me time for introspection that cured me. Also, when there are people trying to kill you it helps you appreciate life. I'm glad that I found something so simple to pull me out of a bad place without deploying. What works for you? What brings you back? Post it below to help other members.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I Feel Recharged

Close friends with good weed... pretty much the best way to vent problems.

As for solo options, it will vary tremendously. And for long-term depression, traveling can be a lifesaver. I had this nagging depression that lasted nearly a year before I took a week long vacation to Atlanta, GA area and afterwards I felt completely normal again.

Remember your subconscious mind rules you... find a way to manipulate it for your own good health.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I Feel Recharged

[Image: Di4BaK0.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I Feel Recharged

For me it's being out in nature. Taking a hike, climbing a tree or swimming in a lake. I feel reset, everything dissappears and it helps bring back childhood memories.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

I Feel Recharged

[Image: TkGQHm3Iu3Stq.gif]
[Image: S1Ap7GTcjToZy.gif]

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

I Feel Recharged

Either hiking in the mountains Or alternatively walking in a big interesting city, ideally an old one. London, Rome, New York. That sort of place.

If those options aren't available then basically retreating into myself. I am basically a natural introvert who has adapted to an extroverted world. Usually I can be extroverted without really using up any "energy". It's said that introverts feel drained of energy after social interactions. Hasn't been true for me for decades. But when things really go wrong my first thought is to retreat to regroup my thoughts and calm my mind. A natural extrovert in a similar situation would go to a club, or go visit a friend etc.

I Feel Recharged

^^ Yes, retreating completely into the shell, or connecting with family and close friends usually works for me.
Dancing, karaoke, hiking, reading, or doing something for the first time(learning how to ride a camel, sketching with charcoal, playing the guitar, fixing the motorbike) all bring me back...while the mind and body are busy trying to grapple with the challenge of new activity, one tends to get back over the hill.
Sometimes it also helps to set lofty goals and then kill yourself trying to get to those goals because you're sick of depression and inactivity. Thats usually a good bet.

Also, great timing on this post Vinman. Thanks.

I Feel Recharged

The ocean resets everything for me and I feel depressed when I spend too much time away from it. Nothing like being alone with only waves and breeze accompanying you

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

I Feel Recharged

I don't massively enjoy my job or the city I live in. The former just makes me a lot of money and the latter is essential for business.

Every 6 months or so I have to take myself off to Thailand and hit some pads all day at a camp for 3/4 weeks or I go crazy and depressed.

I know when it's coming as I start to go out and drink more and more and my work tapers off its efficacy.

I Feel Recharged

Cigar, beer/wine, a good book, and a coffee shop where I can have the pleasure of enjoying seeing some babes walking around/coming in. Nothing gets me in the mood more.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

I Feel Recharged

I'm a couple decades younger than you Vinman, but I went through something similar last year. My LTR of 2 and 1/2 years ended and it demolished me. I was confused and she kept playing me like a fiddle. Emotionally, I was at ground zero and it took me over a month to start moving on. One of my biggest motivators to step up was Patrice Oneal. I started listening to him a couple years ago through the Opie and Anthony show and while I agreed with many of his principles I didn't listen. I kept thinking, "Oh that's not my relationship." Little did I know of the incoming shit storm.

After the break up I started listening to him again and that's what lead me to this forum and discovering the red pill. Nobody I have listened to comes close to Patrice's honesty and brutality. He tells you how it is without the padded bullshit. For anyone who needs a boost in game I recommend listening to his material. Patrice reminded me that I am the sole creator of my life. It was a reality check and I'm glad to say my life has been high sky since. I consider it the best thing that happened to me.

It's a damn shame he's not around anymore to continue sharing his wisdom.

Here's a YouTube channel with almost all of his O&A visits. Lots of laughs and game.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUp0SIp...DQCvlHA9Ug

Clips from the Black Phillip Show:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...CA48790275

Full shows:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CultOfBlackPhillip

If it doesn't fit, force it... If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.