rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fashion and Style Lounge

Fashion and Style Lounge

Inspired by both the Player's Lounge and Lifter's Lounge(Shoutout to redbeard). I thought it would be an interesting idea to start up a lounge about what kind of threads/look you're rocking for whatever you're doing. Dressing nice because you can, rave, night game, day game, etc. down to the smallest detail. Just in general to critique style and look for cool new ways to dress.

So going out tonight for a rave I plan to wear:

-Half-Zip Grey Sweater similar in style to the below
-White Collared shirt(top buttons open)
-Black Jeans
-Pair of Vans
-Necklace
-Rave Bracelet
-Argyle Socks
-Brown Belt
-Steel Swiss Watch

[Image: ralph-lauren-hunter-navy-polo-fleece-hal..._flex.jpeg]

[Image: i-traded-kandi-bracelets-for-a-house-at-...quality=75]

It's ideal for this kind of event simply because you aren't too overdressed, but it looks suave. Most of the competition is dressing in a wife beater and shorts or too overdressed for the event so beating them out is fairly easy.

Vans are also great for shuffling and dancing as they are pretty loose giving you a bit more to work with.

Swiss watches are not liable to scratch or get effected by a bit of wear and tear so it'll hold up nice.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Fashion and Style Lounge

That's white upper class boy look. I have nothing against it. But you are going to the Rave with that? are you serious?

It's kind of like going to the harley davidson bar with a Dockers look. You might have harley at home but they are going to treat you like you don't belong there.

Fashion and Style Lounge

Quote: (02-20-2016 11:39 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

That's white upper class boy look. I have nothing against it. But you are going to the Rave with that? are you serious?

It's kind of like going to the harley davidson bar with a Dockers look. You might have harley at home but they are going to treat you like you don't belong there.

I have received nothing but compliments so far man and high fives from dancing. Not to mention the scene is like a second home to me.

Is it kind of like your superiority complex towards SEA and treating people who go there to bang like thirsty idiots with no self confidence? That somehow you seem to talk out the ass about things you know nothing about.

Little thing to know about the rave scene. PLUR(Peace, Love, Unity, Respect) is the big motto for the Kandi Kids and party regulars. They don't give a shit as long as you're cool.

This coming from a part time DJ and as an EDM producer.

So please get out of here with your

[Image: troll.gif]

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Fashion and Style Lounge

We have an section only for diet and fitness. I think we should have another one only for dressing.

Fashion and Style Lounge

I guess there are crowds in ralph lauren style in edm scene I didn't know about. My apology.

My personal thought was you shouldn't dress like a clown in neon colors (if you google PLUR edm, you will see bunch of those) but maybe dress just casual hip like Macklemore or Diplo.

anyways we are all entitled to our opinions.

btw, good luck in Philippine [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (02-21-2016 12:06 AM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

I have received nothing but compliments so far man and high fives from dancing. Not to mention the scene is like a second home to me.

Is it kind of like your superiority complex towards SEA and treating people who go there to bang like thirsty idiots with no self confidence? That somehow you seem to talk out the ass about things you know nothing about.

Little thing to know about the rave scene. PLUR(Peace, Love, Unity, Respect) is the big motto for the Kandi Kids and party regulars. They don't give a shit as long as you're cool.

Fashion and Style Lounge

Quote: (02-21-2016 02:44 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I guess there are crowds in ralph lauren style in edm scene I didn't know about. My apology.

My personal thought was you shouldn't dress like a clown in neon colors (if you google PLUR edm, you will see bunch of those) but maybe dress just casual hip like Macklemore or Diplo.

anyways we are all entitled to our opinions.

btw, good luck in Philippine [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (02-21-2016 12:06 AM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

I was drunk yesterday so I was a bit too offensive, but to seriously answer your remark.

It depends on where you're at. Big festivals out in the field or a guerrilla show out in the woods you would dress like a "clown".

More urban based shows in warehouses or at venues it's better to dress a bit classier. That look is a bit much, but the "Diplo look" would make yourself just blend in to the point that there is no difference between yourself and those around you. Not to mention Diplo himself doesn't dress too casually.

[Image: DiploPress2012-0571.jpg]

[Image: diplo-11.21.2013-635x365-616x365.jpg]

[Image: 04c66e8aecab2bee83c870353d17d513.jpg]

I like to peacock a lot and it helps my approach so it doesn't help to blend in.

Quote: (02-21-2016 01:08 AM)joost Wrote:  

We have an section only for diet and fitness. I think we should have another one only for dressing.

Dressing itself is still a part of lifestyle. Perhaps if there are more fashion and style related threads that pop up Roosh might be more motivated to create one, but until then I think we're good.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Fashion and Style Lounge

Good idea OP about the thread.

Sunglasses - Ray Ban Wayfarers

Shirt - white color, unknown brand

Jeans - Levi's 511 Rigid Dragon (have these since high school, they still fit nicely, despite all the muscle I gained since then)

Shoes - Black with brown details Teva Naot shoes ( Israeli brand, they make good low end shoes. Not like Gucci, Prada or whatever, but still decent).

Overcoat - Black wool+rayon Hugo Boss.

Fashion and Style Lounge

Would you guys be down to post actual pictures of your outfits?

I would be interested in doing that, I think it could be very helpful for new ideas, to criquite fit, colors, patterns, fabric, etc. And like the approach threads it would help to be more mindful of the fashion choices.

Yes/no?

Fashion and Style Lounge

^I would and honestly that sounds like a good idea, but I dress very distinctively and due to privacy issues I cannot.

It's just best to image search similar clothing with as many similar details as possible and post it up as examples.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Fashion and Style Lounge

Quote: (02-22-2016 03:14 AM)Irenicus Wrote:  

Jeans - Levi's 511 Rigid Dragon (have these since high school, they still fit nicely, despite all the muscle I gained since then)

Shoes - Black with brown details Teva Naot shoes ( Israeli brand, they make good low end shoes. Not like Gucci, Prada or whatever, but still decent).

Digging this look man. Is it a v-neck or crew neck?

Either way that shirt should be as tight a fit as possible. Definitely good either just to walk around the day with or on a more relaxed night on the town.

Only thing I would add on is a red or purple pocket square to make it look a bit louder.

I'm wearing something similar today just trade out the white shirt for a grey, tight v-neck and a navy blue overcoat/blue pocket square. Even had a girl come to me and told me that she liked "my water bottle" with a wink just to make small talk(the bottle was the only part of my person that looked below part as it was just a Kroger brand one).

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Fashion and Style Lounge

I haven't been to a rave in a long time, but I assume because of how hot it gets in there that most people wear t-shirts so you'll really stand out with the half-zip and the button-up underneath.

The approach I try to take is "How would James Bond dress in this situation?" I totally think what you're wearing is something that Bond might wear to a rave. The half-zip would be shrunk down, if necessary, to show off his v-shaped torso, which I'm assuming you also did.

What did you wear on your feet? I think I would have gone with leather boots.

Fashion and Style Lounge

Great idea but whats different about this thread compared to the one MiXx started in 2012?

thread-9489.html

During these colder times of the year I'm usually dressed like this:

[Image: italian-men-street-style.jpg?w=269&h=404]

How do I have sex without losing the vitality that comes with the high levels of T? - Elmo Louis

Easy bro - pull out and cum in your hand. Then shove that cum in your mouth and swallow to avoid losing your vitality or lowering your T. - Yardog

Fashion and Style Lounge

I am sorry but I am simply not feeling the look in the opening post.

I think POLO has jumped the shark, I do like some of their higher end items minus the logo.

That outfit looks like something you would wear to work on a friday.

What is so special about that look?

As for the bracelet, would a man seriously wear that?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Fashion and Style Lounge

Quote: (02-22-2016 01:48 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I am sorry but I am simply not feeling the look in the opening post.

I think POLO has jumped the shark, I do like some of their higher end items minus the logo.

That outfit looks like something you would wear to work on a friday.

What is so special about that look?

As for the bracelet, would a man seriously wear that?

It's fairly uncommon where guys are

a. Trying to wear a suit but they can't dance and join in on the fun. It blends in a better look with free movement.

b. 75% of the guys are shirtless or wearing a T and shorts so even a more "formal" look helps people stand out.

c. It isn't exactly that. The sweater I was wearing was a bit more gritty. In the warehouse we were at it matches the surroundings so it helps you appear as if you're comfortable and own the place.

On the bracelet. Electronic events are very colorful events where people have collections of those bracelets they hand out. It's more out of homage and respect for the "hippy" aspect of the scene. Just a good conversation starter. But if you think that's something a man shouldn't wear in the scene you're only touching the tip of the iceberg.

Just google Kandi Kids and you'll see what I mean. It's just more of a token respect.

Anyways I was a bit more hostile towards Sebastian, but criticism is welcome. We're just trying to figure what works well in the new age.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Fashion and Style Lounge

Quote: (02-22-2016 01:24 PM)Stimulus Wrote:  

Great idea but whats different about this thread compared to the one MiXx started in 2012?

thread-9489.html

During these colder times of the year I'm usually dressed like this:

[Image: italian-men-street-style.jpg?w=269&h=404]

This more a constant update thread. Every time you hit the town or out at some kind of event post your look here or the day after post it. This is more of a thread for context towards what you are dressing for.

This thread isn't just about how you dress to meet girls or to get the bang, but in general for whatever. Fashion also changes with the times minus a few timeless looks so I would like to keep it going.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Fashion and Style Lounge

Cool. Curious to see what other guys are wearing.

How do I have sex without losing the vitality that comes with the high levels of T? - Elmo Louis

Easy bro - pull out and cum in your hand. Then shove that cum in your mouth and swallow to avoid losing your vitality or lowering your T. - Yardog

Fashion and Style Lounge

Pics should be mandatory.

Stimulus outfit looks amazing. It shows you're in good shape, have taste, probably money, it is "basic" (you don't look like you're trying hard), fit any occasion...

Fashion and Style Lounge

Quote: (02-22-2016 10:02 AM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

^I would and honestly that sounds like a good idea, but I dress very distinctively and due to privacy issues I cannot.

It's just best to image search similar clothing with as many similar details as possible and post it up as examples.

I 100% get you point.

However, 1. it takes more time 2. it will never be the same as actually seeing the clothes worn - the fit, the wear and tear, the composition, etc.

I've got privacy concerns myself but I'm very tempted to pull the trigger because I think we could gain from it. I'll give it some thought.

Fashion and Style Lounge

Quote: (02-22-2016 12:56 PM)C-Note Wrote:  

I haven't been to a rave in a long time, but I assume because of how hot it gets in there that most people wear t-shirts so you'll really stand out with the half-zip and the button-up underneath.

The approach I try to take is "How would James Bond dress in this situation?" I totally think what you're wearing is something that Bond might wear to a rave. The half-zip would be shrunk down, if necessary, to show off his v-shaped torso, which I'm assuming you also did.

What did you wear on your feet? I think I would have gone with leather boots.

There we go. Someone finally got the memo and what kind of crowd would be at the event and why I dressed the way I did.

I would wear leather shoes except the problem being that in a crowded warehouse where there are copious amounts of drugs. People tend to spill booze and step on feet so I wouldn't rock the leather as they would get worn out fast. This is speaking from experience as I use to do that.

I only do it now when I'm up there playing a set.

I wear these:

[Image: Vans-Era-Classic-All-Black-Skate-Shoes--...202810.jpg]

They look like shit right now due to wear and tear, but because they are black in a dark warehouse, field, or club they'll be fine. No point in ruining a nice pair of shoes.

Granted if you have money to blow I would have leather shoes and only keep them for such events and not wear them otherwise just like I do with these.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Fashion and Style Lounge

Quote: (02-22-2016 12:04 PM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

Either way that shirt should be as tight a fit as possible. Definitely good either just to walk around the day with or on a more relaxed night on the town.

Only thing I would add on is a red or purple pocket square to make it look a bit louder.

I'm wearing something similar today just trade out the white shirt for a grey, tight v-neck and a navy blue overcoat/blue pocket square. Even had a girl come to me and told me that she liked "my water bottle" with a wink just to make small talk(the bottle was the only part of my person that looked below part as it was just a Kroger brand one).

Thanks!

The shirt is crew neck. And yes, you are right, it should be as tight as possible - I am even thinking of swapping L size with M size, so that the muscles are more visible ( I do not look like some pro athlete like many guys here, but I am quite sure that I look better than most guys in mid 20 ties - gym culture is not that strong in my area).

Navy blue overcoat seems cool, might to thrifting to see if I can fetch something.

The overcoat I use does not have the chest pocket, so no pocket squares.

And speaking of them, which color would be best for them? Does it have to be the same color as the shirt, for example? Or am I free to experiment (never used them before)?

Sometimes I am a little bit jealous of you Americans hehe. Your girls do not hesitate to approach you and give you compliments. You will never see that in Eastern Europe (you will be eye fucked a lot though, which makes day gaming look like turkey shooting).

Fashion and Style Lounge

^ Please explain that avatar for me it's hilarious.

Fashion and Style Lounge

Quote: (02-22-2016 07:29 PM)Irenicus Wrote:  

Quote: (02-22-2016 12:04 PM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

Thanks!

The shirt is crew neck. And yes, you are right, it should be as tight as possible - I am even thinking of swapping L size with M size, so that the muscles are more visible ( I do not look like some pro athlete like many guys here, but I am quite sure that I look better than most guys in mid 20 ties - gym culture is not that strong in my area).

Navy blue overcoat seems cool, might to thrifting to see if I can fetch something.

The overcoat I use does not have the chest pocket, so no pocket squares.

And speaking of them, which color would be best for them? Does it have to be the same color as the shirt, for example? Or am I free to experiment (never used them before)?

Sometimes I am a little bit jealous of you Americans hehe. Your girls do not hesitate to approach you and give you compliments. You will never see that in Eastern Europe (you will be eye fucked a lot though, which makes day gaming look like turkey shooting).

6/10 girl. And a 6/10 in the States would not even be looked at where you're at my friend.

I'm personally not an expert on pocket squares(paging LeBeau), but it would be dependent on what you're wearing.

With something like this:

[Image: top-quality-jackets-for-men-overcoat-autumn.jpg]

I would match it with the coat with slight difference in shade or just get a white pocket square to match the plaid on the inside.

If you're dressing more uniform in terms of your looks with not that much color contrast, I would use a color with heavy contrast that's uncommon or something that blends well but is a different color(say with red shirt, black vest or blazer I would use a pink pocket square for contrast or purple for something with a similar tone).

Again this isn't my forte just what I suggest on the fly.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Fashion and Style Lounge

Ah, a 6/10...I see. Thank God that here they more - less know their positions in the SMV market.

Thanks for the input about the pocket squares man, I will see how it goes. I have never seen people in my area (even with suits) rocking them, so I guess it will intrigue people.

@El Mechanico - It is a picture taken when Marco was speaking in NH - everyone on the forum (on the Trump thread i believe) was laughing at it. I could not resist having it as my avatar.

Fashion and Style Lounge

Work - MA-1 jacket, dress shirt, and wool slacks

[Image: tumblr_nwl4vcKLdl1qbnks2o1_1280.jpg]

Weekend Styles
[Image: tumblr_nxxtrzYuKs1rsyaepo1_500.png]

[Image: tumblr_ny9ratnsM31rx9tato1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nxn9ykACcW1u7k4a1o1_500.jpg]

I'm doing a serious cut and expect to be back in top shape by June.

(42% of the way there)

I expect to go back to full time suits by the end of Spring

[Image: Suits_Light_Brown_Plain_Havana_P3965_Sui...tore_1.jpg]

Fashion and Style Lounge

I need some suggestions for men's shoes/boots. I want something leather and with a goodyear welt, so they can last 10 years if I do my part and take care of them. The wolverine 1000 mile and iron rangers look pretty good, but do you guys have any suggestions? I am tired of buying new shoes every year or two. I want to drop 300 and get a pair that last forever.