rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to prioritize in your youth?

I constantly hear all these travel stories from people my own age (or even younger) and begin to feel old because I'm approaching mid 20's and the only overseas destination I've been to is Thailand. There are just so many places I want to party and game in while I'm still in this stage of my life and it seems impossible. London, NYC, Vegas, Tokyo, Berlin, Barcelona, Ibiza, Amsterdam, Moscow, Greek Islands, all of Eastern Europe, South East Asia, South America...I decided to put USA on the back burner the other day because after doing some research found it similar to Australia and something that can be done later in life, but it doesn't feel any better that I probably won't experience New York City in my 20's.

So my question is...to make the most of your younger years, with limited travelling time, where do you go? Do you do the generic Europe trip staying in dorms with the rest of the 20s crew? Do you spend all your holiday time on islands partying on beaches while the abs are still there? Do you visit known destinations for pussy like Budapest, Krakow, Bucharest etc or leave that to later in life? Are you better off going to Mexico, or Brazil? You get the point. Which places are better to do while you're young and which places can wait?

Ultimately youre gonna want to do them all so dont sweat it too much, but if you had to choose:

1- If youre into the party holiday scene, do it while young because it can feel out of place later. (Greek Islands, Cyprus, Croatian resorts, Ibiza (i guess))

2- I would then go to to western and central european cities. Budapest, London, whatever

3- Later in life it seems youll still be well received in the poorer places, such as parts of Eastern Europe, Latin America, and SEA.

But ideally youll want to mix and match destinations so youll do a bit of each.

You can't do Thailand when you're 50 if you want to pull anything of decent quality. James has no idea what he's talking about, or went there and pulled low quality Isaan girls like most guys do.

Thailand is great for 30-40 though, if you're in shape and well put together.

Quote: (04-21-2015 07:04 AM)JamesRodri Wrote:  

Brazil whilst young. You can do Thailand when you're 50.

Can you explain why Brazil when young?

I did some Latin America while young (17, 19, 20, 22) and now living in Spain and can leverage my Latin experience with Latin American girls here. The experiences leverage on another it seems.

It really depends on what you're looking for at this moment. At the end of the day, all of these places are great options, and your gaming experience in all of them will be maximized by your youth. I've traveled all around the world, and I've yet to find a place I think I'd pull better as a 35-40 year old than now. You should be doing whichever trip interests you the most right now, who knows what could happen in the next few years.

That said, some places are more welcoming to older guys than others, so maybe have that as a tie-breaker. I'd go with one of three options:

1) The tropical beach and party spots (Rio, Ibiza, etc). You've got abs, you might as well take advantage of them. And Beirut is right, you will feel more out of place at the big party spots the older you get.

2) Western Europe hostel tour. It's a cliche for a reason, because it's a fucking blast. You get to see a bunch of countries in a short time, while meeting tons of travelers in an environment (hostel) where everyone is programmed to be social and party. The hostel scene is definitely something you'll age out of though.

3) East Asia. There is nothing I've ever experienced like being a young good looking white guy walking the streets of China. You might not love the country or the women, but it's exotic and jarring in a way none of these other places really are.

These argument are mostly just mental masturbation.

First of all, no one knows what these countries are going to be like in 20 or 30 years.

Do I really even have to list off all the massive changes that have occurred everywhere from the US, to Latin America, to Asia over the past 10, 20, 30 years?

Even since this forum started a little more than 5 years ago people have reported massive changes in many of the "pussy paradises" of that time. Roosh claims Poland is already much different than just a few years ago.

Second, it's such a scarcity based mindset. No matter how much pussy you can get in country A, you're worried that you're missing out on the pussy in country B. There's always this hidden panacea of pussy just around the corner.

Go through the datasheets we have, do your own research, find the place that appeals to you, and go there. When you're ready to make another trip, do the same thing again. In the meantime, get and/or keep your shit together and you'll be fine in the long run.

Quote: (04-21-2015 08:57 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

Thats not true at all, really. There are a number of holidays you simply can't do once youre in your late 20s or beyond.

OP I'd say, while you're under 25 (and hopefully in good shape):

- Do an American Spring Break (Cancun / Panama City Beach etc)
- The Greek party islands (Ios Kos etc)
- Thailand's youth orientated beach parties (Phi Phi and the other islands)
- Backpack around hostels in South America / Europe / S-E Asia - you'll meet both other backpackers and young locals.

And they're just off the top of my head from my own personal experience. There are certain holidays that you just won't be able to do at 30+, because you'll be so out of place with the other people doing them. Its 100% worth prioritizing these types of holidays while you're young.

Yes, going to Miami or Vegas or St Petersburg and partying is awesome. However, you can party in these big cities when you're 35 (and you'll be able to do them better when you have money, anyway). So there's no rush on it.

To be young again.. agree with whats been said..hit greek islands, ibiza, full moon party thailand, phi phi island etc etc...all the best party places, as Zatara said there comes a time when u dont fit in there anymore and u dont want to go there anymore. as a young 18-25 year old theses places are great fun.

Travel.. anywhere with good weather and pretty girls and ideally a culture you can immerse yourself in.

Make sure the experience is a valuable supplement to your life, and not a solution to it.

Quote: (04-21-2015 09:34 AM)zatara Wrote:  

Quote: (04-21-2015 08:57 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

Thats not true at all, really. There are a number of holidays you simply can't do once youre in your late 20s or beyond.

OP I'd say, while you're under 25 (and hopefully in good shape):

- Do an American Spring Break (Cancun / Panama City Beach etc)
- The Greek party islands (Ios Kos etc)
- Thailand's youth orientated beach parties (Phi Phi and the other islands)
- Backpack around hostels in South America / Europe / S-E Asia - you'll meet both other backpackers and young locals.

And they're just off the top of my head from my own personal experience. There are certain holidays that you just won't be able to do at 30+, because you'll be so out of place with the other people doing them. Its 100% worth prioritizing these types of holidays while you're young.

Yes, going to Miami or Vegas or St Petersburg and partying is awesome. However, you can party in these big cities when you're 35 (and you'll be able to do them better when you have money, anyway). So there's no rush on it.

1. Not everyone is interested in the Lonely Planet travel experience. In fact, I'd say most of this forum is not, and regard things like the Full Moon party or spring break in Cancun as highly overrated.

And this again ties into the scarcity mindset I mentioned above. "Oh, sure, you could party in country A, but then you'd miss the party in country B!"

Almost every country has young people partying, festivals, concerts, raves, etc., believe it or not. Travel to the places you want to and enjoy yourself.

2. If you have your shit together, like I already mentioned, how many people are going to be able to tell if you're 28 or 24? If you're a cool guy and can hold your own, no one is even going to notice. It's not like your ID is taped to your forehead.

OP, it is an interesting question, but I think you are coming from a somewhat wrong perspective. What you have essentially done is constructed an optimization problem based on limiting constraints -- x number of places that need to be visited, limited number vacation slots a year, and expiry dates of locations based on your increasing age.

First, you have to accept that if indeed you have limited vacations and you are not willing or able to get more time off somehow, you simply might not able to do it. BUT even if it is possible to solve the optimization problem so that you can hit up all the places you listed under suitable age conditions, it doesn't mean it's a good idea - because the problem you are solving - "completeness" - isn't necessarily a valuable thing to achieve.

For example, what if right now at the age of 25, you really want to go to Eastern Europe for whatever reason. But your 'calculation' tells you that you have to wait until you are 35 to go there in order to optimize. Does that mean you should wait 10 years before going? I would argue: of course not. If you want to hit up some specific place on your next vacation for whatever reason, just do that. By the time you are 35, you might not even want to go there anymore, or be in a committed relationship, or whatever. The place itself, as Enigma noted, could have changed significantly by then too. And as Rio pointed out, just because it's doable, doesn't mean you'll be able to do what you could have done at a younger age.

Another example, what if you go to Ibiza at 26 and love it and want to come back when youre 27 and 28, but your age calculation tells you that you must now do spring break and something else instead. Should you not go where you want to go at the present time because of some completeness plan you made years ago? Again, hardly seems like a good idea.

For a basic guideline, before you're 30, hit up some party spots that most appeal to you, like some of the ones others have mentioned. But beyond that, don't worry too much about it or treat it as dogma. Just go to the place you feel like going to most at the time...your top preferred places will likely change every couple years anyway.

Quote: (04-21-2015 10:39 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

1. Not everyone is interested in the Lonely Planet travel experience. In fact, I'd say most of this forum is not, and regard things like the Full Moon party or spring break in Cancun as highly overrated.

And this again ties into the scarcity mindset I mentioned above. "Oh, sure, you could party in country A, but then you'd miss the party in country B!"

Almost every country has young people partying, festivals, concerts, raves, etc., believe it or not. Travel to the places you want to and enjoy yourself.

2. If you have your shit together, like I already mentioned, how many people are going to be able to tell if you're 28 or 24? If you're a cool guy and can hold your own, no one is even going to notice. It's not like your ID is taped to your forehead.

Its all well and good disparaging mainstream holidays as 'the lonely planet experience' but there's a reason they're popular - they're damn good fun. Places full of copious amounts of drinking, sunshine/beaches, and girls aged 18-23 in bikinis, are of interest to almost any straight male under 30 I'd wager. Have you done either an American Spring Break or the Thai FMP? I've done both and although there were negatives (largely related to ratios) - they're quite unique, very fun, experiences as far as the world goes.

Its not really about people being able to tell if you're 28 or 24 - its down to your own mental mindset. When you're 24 you're young enough to enjoy hanging out with big groups of drunk 21 year olds in these places - both guys and girls. You don't just chase girls, you also make friends. When youre 30 you most likely won't, because you'll be in an entirely different mental space. Plus when you're 24 you'll likely be able to get a good wolf pack of male friends to go with you to these places, which makes them much much more fun. This is way harder to make happen at 30.

I don't think its a scarcity mindset at all. Its just being realistic and prioritizing certain holidays at certain stages in your life. Anyone who's been on these 'youth' holidays will agree its not really ideal to do them at 30+. Sure you could do them then, and most likely still could have fun and get laid, but it won't be half the experience as doing them at the 'right' age.

The OP should absolutely go where he wants to. But lets say, for example, he's 23 and he wants do both NYC and the Greek islands. And he can't do both right now. He should absolutely do the Greek islands now, and NYC in a few years. And not vice versa. Because that way he maximises his experiences on both holidays.

edit: just to be clear, I'm absolutely not saying 'life ends at 25' or anything similar. Most destinations are just as fun (if not more fun, since you'll have more experience and money) as you get into your late 20s and early 30s. But I believe a select few locations are better experienced while under 25.

Quote: (04-21-2015 12:21 PM)zatara Wrote:  

Its not really about people being able to tell if you're 28 or 24 - its down to your own mental mindset.

Good post. It's about both I think. I did Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Spring Break in college and had an absolute blast, one of the best times in my life. I happened to be back as a 27 year-old and it was a completely different experience. I could no longer pass for a college student (shaved head from balding), and it was surprisingly hard to crack into groups of drunk 19 year-olds who viewed any older guy traveling by himself with suspicion. And yes I'd moved on a bit mentally as well, male bonding becomes tougher. It was still a good time, but on a much reduced level. If the OP wants to take advantage of party holidays like this then the clock is ticking.

Again though, this is just a very small minority of travel options. For broad questions like NYC vs. Amsterdam, or Latin America vs. Eastern Europe, it's really just a matter of picking one and committing entirely to the experience.

Quote: (04-21-2015 12:21 PM)zatara Wrote:  

Its all well and good disparaging mainstream holidays as 'the lonely planet experience' but there's a reason they're popular - they're damn good fun. Places full of copious amounts of drinking, sunshine/beaches, and girls aged 18-23 in bikinis, are of interest to almost any straight male under 30 I'd wager. Have you done either an American Spring Break or the Thai FMP? I've done both and although there were negatives (largely related to ratios) - they're quite unique, very fun, experiences as far as the world goes.

I haven't, because I'm too busy hitting up EDM festivals on less-touristed beaches in the Philippines, where the alcohol is (significantly) cheaper, the ratios are better, and they're not filled with obnoxious Western women and drunk "bros". How many 50-year-old white guys do you think are at these three day beach parties sleeping in tent cities?

Again, almost every country has events and scenes that cater to young people having fun. I'm not saying don't party with young people, I'm saying you don't have to run down a check list of all these events that are now so popular that they're oversaturated with annoying tourists and thirsty dudes. If you want to do that, great, but this idea that you "should" go to x place at x age is not only boring as hell, it guarantees you're going to be surrounded by every Joe Schmo who had the same bright idea you did.

That's what I'm talking about when I say "The Lonely Planet experience", and that's why if you look in almost any thread on this forum about Mexico, Thailand, etc., guys tend to steer clear of those "popular" parties.

There are plenty of opportunities to get drunk, wild, and have fun all over, particularly in the Americas and Europe.

20s: Backpacking in Europe and SA, Greek Islands, Hvar, Ibiza, Bali, fucking chicks from hostels
30s: Renting apartments for a couple of weeks in big cities like NY, Moscow, doing bottle service in Vegas
40s: SEA and FSU I guess...

Quote: (04-21-2015 10:43 AM)JamesRodri Wrote:  

ok, I'll elaborate since people write I don't know what I'm talking about.

I am fluent in Thai and lived there for many years up until very recently. Thailand truly is poosy paradise regardless of your age. One of my best friend in Bangkok is a 56 year old American who regularly bangs either students 18-22 from good families, or the educated professional office girls.

Now, this guy truly is a charmer and very good with the ladies. But anyone can become like that with practice.

And no, he doesn't pay. Other than for dates and cheap perfumes of course.

As for what one person said was low quality girls from Isaan, who cares if a girl is of Lao heritage (i.e. the Udon Thani/Nong Khai type), or a Khmer from Buri Ram or Surin.

I base the quality of a girl on how hot she is, and those women are smokin!

Point being, Thailand ain't changing and you can easily bang those girls when you are in your 40s and 50s.

I therefore say, if I could choose again, I would spend my 20s in Brazil, as it was a whole other level of fun.

Yes Asia rocks, but it will still rock when you're older. As for Brazil, which I don't know as well as Thailand, I have the impression that being young is a great advantage. That was my experience there. My friend who is 10 years older than me did not enjoy Brazil like me.

As for the OP saying he was feeling old now in his mid 20s. Lighten up man! Things will only get better from here. Women digg men in their 30s and 40s.

Women get moist between their legs from power, money and success. Just achieve one or two of those and you'll be set until you drop dead.

I think the difference here is what you consider quality, and what I do.

I know guys in their 40s and 50s doing exactly the same as your friend, and the type of girl you describe is great if you're in your 50s, but they aren't the same quality of girl you can get in your 20s to 30s.

Either way, we can agree to disagree.

To the OP, SEA will be great in your 30s. I'd do spring break, Vegas with your friends, etc. when you are young. Going to Rosarito Beach with 4 buddies when I was 18 was awesome.

When I was 25 I also thought I was going to be old soon and once I hit 30 everything would be over. Fuck me, how wrong I was. Keep improving your fitness (this is huge, hit the weights now consistently and reap the rewards later), improve your style, DEFINITELY increase your bankroll (my biggest goal now), and once you hit 30 you will pull the hottest girls of your life, no matter which country you are in.

I literally pulled one of my hottest girls on the night of my 30th birthday party, and it was one of the most fun birthdays I've ever had.

Shit gets BETTER once you hit 30. I have a few buddies who are 40+ and doing great also. The big thing here is they take care of their fitness, dress well, and have some cash. Not rich, but well off.

As a man, you really do get better with age.

Quote: (04-21-2015 07:42 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

When I was 25 I also thought I was going to be old soon and once I hit 30 everything would be over. Fuck me, how wrong I was. Keep improving your fitness (this is huge, hit the weights now consistently and reap the rewards later), improve your style, DEFINITELY increase your bankroll (my biggest goal now), and once you hit 30 you will pull the hottest girls of your life, no matter which country you are in.

I literally pulled one of my hottest girls on the night of my 30th birthday party, and it was one of the most fun birthdays I've ever had.

Shit gets BETTER once you hit 30. I have a few buddies who are 40+ and doing great also. The big thing here is they take care of their fitness, dress well, and have some cash. Not rich, but well off.

As a man, you really do get better with age.

This is reassuring to hear.

The bolded has indeed been a major source of anxiety for me since I was 25 or so, and perhaps has been the only source of anxiety in my life--that soon one day, I will suddenly lose my peak looks and will no longer be a "young man," and these relatively easy bangs with girls in their prime will evaporate.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (04-21-2015 01:15 PM)Enigma Wrote:  

I haven't, because I'm too busy hitting up EDM festivals on less-touristed beaches in the Philippines, where the alcohol is (significantly) cheaper, the ratios are better, and they're not filled with obnoxious Western women and drunk "bros". How many 50-year-old white guys do you think are at these three day beach parties sleeping in tent cities?

I've never heard of these festivals. Can you name a couple?

Some very interesting thoughts here and a lot to take in- some suggestions I never even considered. For example, I've never had the urge to go to spring break. I'm guessing that it's very similar to schoolies for those aware on Australian culture?

In my opinion, I don't think anywhere would be better when you're 30+, including South East Asia. There is nothing like Bangkok when you're a young, good looking guy, almost on rock star status and can have your pick of the litter. Sure, it may be possible to clean up there in your 30's/40's unlike most other countries at the same age but it just wouldn't be the same. Ideally, I would like to do as many as possible in the 20's but that involves a lot of time and a lot of money. I've had a lot of holiday time in the last few years being a uni student but not a lot of money to travel. Once I get a full time job, I'm going to have the money but not the time. Such is life. Location independence would be the dream but that seems out of reach right now, even though I will be a qualified teacher and could technically do the whole teaching English thing but would prefer more flexibility than being stuck in one place for long contracts.

Also, the general vibe of this thread is that South America, and in particular Brazil, is best done in the 20's? That surprises me, because I always considered it on the same level as Eastern Europe.

Quote: (04-21-2015 09:22 PM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

In my opinion, I don't think anywhere would be better when you're 30+, including South East Asia.

I wouldn't be so sure. Guys in their 30s generally have more money and experience with girls. Experience helps quickly spot and screen out some (though not all) trash, like gold diggers, SIFs and time wasters. Money helps with logistics, style, etc. If you already have enough money and experience, more power to you. I did better in Asia in my early 30s than in my 20s thanks to these two factors.

I think alot depends on one crucial factor: money.
Nothing wrong with doing party destinations in 20s, cultural european capitals in 30s, and EE or SEA in 40s but...
When u are young, you will most likely be limited by a low budget, and can only travel to chepaer destinations, eg. sea, some places in eastern europe Etc, most likely living in hostels and partying, and when u are older, u can travel to more expensive ones, eg. Moscow.
If you can do the more expensive places like Brazil, AND also got money when u are in your 20s, thats great for you.

Quote: (04-21-2015 09:32 PM)worldtraveler3 Wrote:  

I think alot depends on one crucial factor: money.
Nothing wrong with doing party destinations in 20s, cultural european capitals in 30s, and EE or SEA in 40s but...
When u are young, you will most likely be limited by a low budget, and can only travel to chepaer destinations, eg. sea, some places in eastern europe Etc, most likely living in hostels and partying, and when u are older, u can travel to more expensive ones, eg. Moscow.
If you can do the more expensive places like Brazil, AND also got money when u are in your 20s, thats great for you.

Great point and this is the situation I find myself in. I could probably gather up enough cash to party in Europe for a couple of months staying in hostels and watching my budget, but with the same amount of money I could have my own apartment and splurge in South East Asia. Maybe the European hostel scene is something that should be experienced while young enough but then again, I may hate not having my own space after a few days and be stuck in that situation for a couple of months.