rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Asia: A Warning

Okay listen.. First and foremost I want to establish that this is not a troll post or an attempt to get attention on this forum for no apparent reason, but I do want to make a few points which I deem important clear. Honestly, I hate doing this on forums because I'd like to get this out to the public (as in people I socialize with in real life), but as someone who took advice from this forum to a certain extent... I just want to make a few point clear to the community here.

Asia sucks.
Okay let me rephrase. Asia sucks if you have a certain personality type. Obviously mine doesn't work here. Maybe I'm young (I'm 22), maybe I'm impatient, maybe my parents spoiled me and I just love instant gratification but I've been in Taiwan for ~2 weeks and after giving it several chances I already can't stand this society. People are just too damn repressive. Of course I'm speaking about northern Asia mainly (Japan, korea, China, Taiwan). The girls here like what I classify as indirect game. You CANNOT be forward with them. From my experience, the second they get a hint you're trying to get in their pants they get instantly turned off. I'm willing to admit that Taiwan does have friendlier people than the aforementioned Asian countries but the individuals (guys and girls) are still very fearful people. Forwardness (or what I personally classify as ballsyness and masculinity) are heavily frowned upon. If you think you are going to roll into northern Asia like a Mac daddy and start plowing through girls just cause you are white, you're wrong. It's baffling to me because from what I've realized the girls here literally prefer beta makes. I've never seen anything like this, it's truly profound. Here's an example.. I met a guy initially when I was here and we went out together for a couple nights. He seemed like a nice guy but I got the vibe that he wasn't the type of guy that enjoyed pulling/fucking girls for the sake of it. I was practically initiating all of the approaches and what took me aback was that the girls we were engaging were clearly more interested in him. Now I'm not claiming to be a major player. I've come a looooong way since my youth but this guy was a classic nerd who had no interest in pulling as I mentioned. But there was something about his friendliness/desire to just 'get to know' these girls that was attracting then towards him. Believe me I've met his type before and only in a place like this would he be pulling more than me. But the dude is not even trying! Its like he doesn't even flirt with them and they want him... Meanwhile he's got multiple girls lined up through this stupid language exchange thing which is essentially dating in Taiwan. The girls want to meet foreigners but want to initiate contact via this fucking language exchange.. Something about being coy and feigning interest when it's just some friendly 'oh let's learn Chinese together but I really just want to fuck you but let's not be direct about it till whenever the fuck is the right moment to make a move??'.. When is that? I don't know and to be honest I just don't have the patience for this stupid fucking game these girls make you play.

You know the horror stories this forum has been propagating about Korea? Well I'll admit that although it is slightly better here... It's not better enough to warrant coming here if you are already against the notion of going to Korea, etc. And it's not just the locals, I mean shit even the foreigners are lame. There is a very limited partying/drinking culture here so if you like to get down then don't come here. Yea I guess you can find shit to do most nights of the week but the shit going on (even on the weekends) is just so lame. I can't tell you how many Asian girls I've hit on already that weren't even drunk because
they've got this 'we don't drink/smoke cause it's gross!' Mentality. Foreigners come here because they like Asian culture. People who like Asian culture don't tend to enjoy partying.. Just a conclusion I've drawn based on the fact that as I said..people here don't know what the word partying drinking even mean. I only came here because it's got the best pay fir english teaching but honestly fuck it I already decided after I get my next months pay I'm dipping. I'll take less pay in Latin america anyway of the week. At least the girls they know how to party, enjoy being hit on in a more alpha fashion, have CURVES, and don't literally go out of their way to look like they're in middle school.

And don't even think about day game here. These people practically shit themselves when you make eye contact with them in public. I couldn't even imagine how a girl would react if you approached her and complimented her style/looks .. She'd probably assume you are a rapist or some shit.

Lastly, you guys would probably suggest I modify my game but honestly fuck that. I have a certain style and I stick to it. I'm not going to act like these girls friends for 3 weeks just to get a hug or tit squeeze or some shit. I mean I never even really liked Asian girls.. Again I just came here for the pay but fuck it is rather live like a peasant elsewhere than tolerate this shit. I Have a bit of a crazy/out of line/eccentric personality.. In some places that would fly and would actually work to my advantage.. Not here however.. If you want to succeed here you better get in line and conform and that's just not me.

Sorry for the rant but if you can't tell I am a little drunk as I'm typing this.

Again, this is only northern Asian culture..southeast Asian/Phil culture is a whole nother beast that I'm not at liberty to pass judgment on..

So, let me get this straight:

you've observed what works and won't do it. Wut......?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Eh, maybe I just had a bad night. But yea I am working on being more of a 'lets just be friends' type but I honestly can't stand that type of game. I wasn't conditioned this way back at home. I was taught through observation that if you want something you go for it. No bullshit.

So one man's personality does not vibe with an entire continent and it is the continent that is clearly at fault? I am interested in subscribing to your newsletter. Please tell me more.

On a serious note, not everyone vibes with North East Asian personalities. They tend to value public face and conformity. Extreme extroversion only when obliterated drunk. Much of it is repressed. But it is still an amazing place if you "get it." If you don't, just suck it up until your job is over and move to your preferred location.

Also, this is the LAST place that needs any warnings about Asia. [Image: smile.gif] We got agents in every port.

Grasshopper.... The biggest part of game is adapting to your environment; afterall, you are playing in their court. I understand you don't want to change your style but you are smart enough to understand it isn't working out very well. That said, find a quiet place, think things over, settle down, and play the game that gets you laid. You are in a materialistic/wealth driven society teaching english so you need to act like somebody they want to jump by projecting a nice guy that has lots of options with women. I'm over twice your age, if you want to get laid, listen to the experienced guys on here and adapt to overcome... It will be easier than you think once you break the code.

I don't know North Asia but If sex is your goal, it sounds like you need to improvise, adapt and overcome.

Generally I would try to avoid posting on forums when you get home half cut after a bad night. However, having moved to Asia myself, and having to adapt to the different culture, I am genuinely interested to hear about your experience.

Sleep it off mate. Then type a follow up post after you sober up...

Irish

I stopped at "this is not a troll post" because I already know reading the rest of your post is a waste of time.

[Image: facepalm.png]

and this, folks, is exactly why guys who adapt in asia to local norms and values, in spite of looks or age limitations, or even money limitations, will always clean up. because cooldude898 and his brethren continue to set the bar so low for foreigners, when you spit anything like the normal game that works in these places, flavored with just a modicum of cultural sensitivity, you're a fucking prince.

man, keep doing what you're doing - and then [Image: gtfo.gif]

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Quote: (02-18-2015 02:26 PM)cooldude898 Wrote:  

Okay listen.. First and foremost I want to establish that this is not a troll post or an attempt to get attention on this forum for no apparent reason, but I do want to make a few points which I deem important clear. Honestly, I hate doing this on forums because I'd like to get this out to the public (as in people I socialize with in real life), but as someone who took advice from this forum to a certain extent... I just want to make a few point clear to the community here.

Asia sucks.

Delete, essence was this is unbelievably ridiculous.

Buster:
I understand your point and adaptability is a virtue I'm working on. I honestly do want to give this place more of a chance, but less so cause I want to fuck Asian girls so bad, and more so cause of the satisfaction Id feel in overcoming an obstacle.

Honestly, I'd be content with picking up a flag here and promptly fucking off (preferably southAm cause I've been there, loved it, and speak some espanol). Something would just feel so rotten inside if I just gave up and left.. Don't want to take the cowards way out essentially

Gaming Taiwanese girls is a very simple task:

1. Find a foreigner-friendly girl
2. Be better looking than the other foreigners. Note: Sometimes Asian girls have terrible taste and will randomly prefer ugly if they are tall. (kind of like how foreigners always prefer the short dark Asians when Asian guys don't)

I seriously have a hard time believing that you are doing everything perfect and 'Alpha' as I literally get Manila-esque levels of Tinder matches when I'm in Taipei. Maybe go the online route.

Status is important in Taiwan - if you are here for 2 weeks looking to get laid, then they aren't going to want to fuck you unless you are extremely attractive, as is the case everywhere in the world (except Manila).

OP, although I'd take issue with some of your generalizations, there's a couple of valid points in your post, specifically:

-Whoever you are, some cultures just wont be a good fit for your personality
-There *is* a dysfunctional side to Asian culture (I'd say there is a dysfunctional side to every culture though)

I used to think having to rely on social circle/friends/ "slowly but surely" game was also kind of lame. For me, high-octane direct, escalation game was what I loved (and still do). But now I can also appreciate the slower, strategic, "planting seeds" nature of game in Asia, and see the awesome results it can yield.

It's just a different pace of game: Chess instead of Xbox. Still deeply rewarding... but very different.

Asian game is fulfilling in this way: It makes you feel smart, patient, enduring. Alpha in it's own way. Whereas say western club game makes you feel alpha in a raw caveman or ball-of-glorious-energy kinda way.

BTW, if you're only seeing "beta males" get chicks, you're not really seeing the underlying dynamics. In Asia, shit all gets arranged under the radar, and dominance is strategic, subtle and long-term, not immediate and confrontational. Social harmony must be maintained... but behind closed doors, things go off. I guarantee you the dominant/persistent alpha males are getting the lion's share, but it's not a form of dominance that's familiar if you're looking for the loud guy approaching strangers directly and escalating in public.

That said, if a country just isn't to your taste after you've given it a fair crack, by all means move on. It's okay to not like a place much. There's one country in Asia I'm really reluctant to go back to, despite having good (foreign) buddies there. Just plain can't dig the culture.

P.S. you'll get alot of hate for your thread because of your generalizations. Just forewarning you.

^ Yeah, OP western euro style caveman game doesn't work very well in Asia, but it doesn't in many parts of the world either like Southern Europe, so relying exclusively on drunken caveman banter is pretty limiting anyway and won't age well either. I know how you feel though, but ultimately I feel it's an excuse to not improve your socializing skills. I also like the option to be able to caveman girls with direct alpha game, but if you're relying on drinking to do it, then we both probably know it isn't a good long term strategy. It can be frustrating for sure, but again, in the end I think it's not worth using that excuse to not learn how to interact in these kind of group dynamics.

It's also true that the return is much greater for some guys in Asia than for others. Shorter, skinnier, less loud guys can do much better than in other areas because those things are not really negatives (as much) as they are elsewhere. I agree with RichieP too, it's a different kind of challenge. Patience and social mastery in those sometimes hair pulling social dynamics is definitely worth.

delete

I was not aware different countries need different type of game.

The only time I've ever heard of someone using a different type of game is when Roosh described what he had to do in Denmark.

OP try online dating

"Asia sucks"

Stopped reading there. I fear that you while have difficulty being taken seriously on this board after this kind of start.

When a poster says something like "im drunk when I type this" then even he knows he's writing bullshit and tries to apologise for it.

I've been to Taiwan too as well as to every other Asian country. Yes, its a different beast. Don't crybaby and adapt. And don't believe that every guy gets laid like a motherfucker in Asia. People exaggerate all the time. Here and in real life.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (02-18-2015 02:56 PM)Global Entry Wrote:  

[Image: facepalm.png]

and this, folks, is exactly why guys who adapt in asia to local norms and values, in spite of looks or age limitations, or even money limitations, will always clean up. because cooldude898 and his brethren continue to set the bar so low for foreigners, when you spit anything like the normal game that works in these places, flavored with just a modicum of cultural sensitivity, you're a fucking prince.

man, keep doing what you're doing - and then [Image: gtfo.gif]

[Image: highfive.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I feel where you're coming from OP, because I was there once too. After a month in China I was pretty damn depressed. I didn't like the food, the pollution was killing me, and not only did I not find the girls that attractive, but to add insult to injury I was striking out with them left and right. I also didn't speak any Mandarin, which obviously made things very difficult. Basically, I had lots of nights like yours.

Fast forward a few months, and I was on fucking cloud 9. I'd grown to love just how batshit crazy and exotic China is, I'd come down with a raging case of yellow fever (I still say Shanghai is world-class in terms of women) and, more importantly, I'd figured out how to game these broads. Basically doing what everyone else is already telling you to do: Long-term machinations, social circle game, language exchanges like your buddy, all that stuff. It might not seem "manly" to you, and you might think your buddy is a nerd, but at the end of the day who's getting laid and who's at home jacking off?

So buck up, do whatever you need to regain some positive mojo, and I'd say there's a solid chance you'll look back on this and laugh. Also, is there any chance you could get a similar job in one of the bigger cities on the mainland? I never made it to Taiwan, but believe me there's a raging party scene in Beijing and Shanghai.

*Also, you're rightly getting shit for 1) writing "Asia sucks" then talking exclusively about your experiences in Taiwan, and 2) being stubborn/negative. No big deal, shake it off, everybody has shitty nights.*

So many threads already about how Taiwan sucks. OP stop being a little bitch. You just don't understand how Asian culture works. You think that people in Taiwan don't drink and party? You just haven't met the right people. Social connections are everything in Asia. And I'm not sure where you get the idea that you cannot be forward... to me it just sounds like your game needs adjustment. You're probably following retarded PUA advice.

EDIT: I hope that more people take heed to OP's warning. Too many white guys are already in Asia fucking the place up.

Another thing: teaching English is frowned upon by girls in Asia (at least the desirable ones). They think of English teachers as "someone who cannot get a job at home." So while it's okay to be an English teacher, you should lie about your job. Tell girls something else. Also it's good to act like you'll be there for a very long time, and to give girls hope of a relationship, even if it's not true.

You got some tough love on the ban OP, but don't get salty and ignore the advice in this thread. You can turn things around if you make the effort

So girls should adapt to your style of game? Interesting theory

Quote: (02-18-2015 04:46 PM)travolta Wrote:  

So many threads already about how Taiwan sucks. OP stop being a little bitch. You just don't understand how Asian culture works. You think that people in Taiwan don't drink and party? You just haven't met the right people. Social connections are everything in Asia. And I'm not sure where you get the idea that you cannot be forward... to me it just sounds like your game needs adjustment. You're probably following retarded PUA advice.

EDIT: I hope that more people take heed to OP's warning. Too many white guys are already in Asia fucking the place up.

To prove the point I have spent one long weekend in Taiwan rolling with Papi Rico. We did our research, networked with the party folk in the clubs and sussed out the nightlife. We certainly didn't struggle to find a party, we even uncovered a hidden jazz bar and a cracking post 3am afterparty venue not previously mentioned on the forum datasheets. All in all we had an absolute ball. I ended up smashing a cracking hot Taiwanese 9 who resembled a slim Kim Kardashian who screamed the house down. Papi Rico absolutely cleaned up, think he banged at least one chick a day for the week he was there. Taiwan certainly didn't suck for us.

Also, we ran into plenty American born Taiwanese girls when we were there. So I would have thought your style of game or personality type would resonate with them? There are certainly worse places to go in NE Asia if you want a culture shock.

Irish

You do know that north Asia is Siberia right?