rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Can Someone Explain How to Do Attachments On the Forum?

Adding attachments has been a longstanding problem for me - and it looks like other people don't do it correctly all the time either.

Anyone want to give instructions on how to do this?

I can add the attachment, but when it says "insert into post," I get something that looks like this: [attachment=18105] instead of the attachment.

When I "save as draft" and then go into the section called Manage Attachments, I get a URL for the attachment (http://www.rooshvforum.network/attachment.php?aid=18105) but the URL turns up blank for me -- there is no attachment there.

Is this a problem on my end? Either way, I couldn't find a "how to" on here, so if anyone knows, it would be good to have one.

DOBA,

Maybe look at the bottom part first. After I re-read your post, I got a better idea of what you were looking for. But I'll leave the initial part for anyone who might find it helpful.

PART I
[Image: attachment.jpg18114]   

It took me a little bit the first to figure it out.

In order of effort - choose file, add attachment. Decide whether or not whether you want to insert it into the post.

Visual Markers - I should have numbered according to steps but I am too lazy to re-do it. [Image: lol.gif]
1-Obviously choose your file
2- This shows it got added when you click the "Add Attachment" button - you will see a file name.
3- Click this after choosing your file
4 - If you want to insert the pic into the actual post rather than just having it as an attachment at the end of the post. Find a spot on the post, the cursor should be blinking, click this button. You should see something like "[attachment=XXXXX]" without the quotes. The XXXXX will be a number. But apparently when I used a number a pic popped up lol!
5-In case you want to delete the attachment

Hope that helps.

PART II
This is how my screen looked as I was typing this out - you can see the file name as you mentioned. At the top of the pic. I don't think you can actually see the attachment. It creates/manifests once you post. Like when guys drop pics of chicks from other sites, like a link. Once the website wants to create the page, it pulls together the pieces.

[Image: attachment.jpg18115]   

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Admins, can we create a sticky thread where members help each other with forum functions?

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (04-12-2014 12:10 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

DOBA,

Maybe look at the bottom part first. After I re-read your post, I got a better idea of what you were looking for. But I'll leave the initial part for anyone who might find it helpful.

PART I

It took me a little bit the first to figure it out.

In order of effort - choose file, add attachment. Decide whether or not whether you want to insert it into the post.

Visual Markers - I should have numbered according to steps but I am too lazy to re-do it. [Image: lol.gif]
1-Obviously choose your file
2- This shows it got added when you click the "Add Attachment" button - you will see a file name.
3- Click this after choosing your file
4 - If you want to insert the pic into the actual post rather than just having it as an attachment at the end of the post. Find a spot on the post, the cursor should be blinking, click this button. You should see something like "[attachment=XXXXX]" without the quotes. The XXXXX will be a number. But apparently when I used a number a pic popped up lol!
5-In case you want to delete the attachment

Hope that helps.

PART II
This is how my screen looked as I was typing this out - you can see the file name as you mentioned. At the top of the pic. I don't think you can actually see the attachment. It creates/manifests once you post.

Thanks, Samsamsam. I'll use this space to see if it works.

UPDATE: See below. It did work (my attachment was a colored version of yours). My problem was that I couldn't see this in the preview and assumed because of that it wouldn't show up in the post. It does.

To future newbies reading this: your attachments may not show up in the preview, but that doesn't mean they don't work.

[Image: attachment.jpg18116]   

The good thing, is you get an hour I think to edit your post. So if it doesn't work out you have a a little time to tweak it.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

What about how to quote and respond to several members in one post? Instead of responding to each member in separate posts.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (04-12-2014 02:57 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

What about how to quote and respond to several members in one post? Instead of responding to each member in separate posts.
Just click the quote "+" button on each post you want to respond to. Then when you do your reply they all show up. You might need to space them out and for you to write your replies. For example, I quoted your post and my post. But then realized I wanted to respond to your post, so I had to move mine below yours with a simple control x, control v move. Try it, you don't have to post it.

Quote: (04-12-2014 12:53 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

The good thing, is you get an hour I think to edit your post. So if it doesn't work out you have a a little time to tweak it.

I always wondered what that plus sign was for.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (04-13-2014 01:29 AM)Mentavious Wrote:  

I always wondered what that plus sign was for.

Me too! I was doing it the manual way (regarding quotes!)

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Someone asked about embedding youtube videos.

Thought I would add it here also. If you click the TV and use the drop down. A box will pop where you paste the link.

[Image: youtube1.jpg]

If you want to paste a pic - the button is the one that looks like a mountain.

While were one this topic. I only use my smart phone for web browsing cause well I see no reason to buy a laptop or tablet. But I can't upload photos cause I get an error from my phone saying "cannot complete operation: memory too low" I still have lots of phone memory. Any ideas?

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Quote: (04-17-2014 11:38 PM)Snowplow Wrote:  

While were one this topic. I only use my smart phone for web browsing cause well I see no reason to buy a laptop or tablet. But I can't upload photos cause I get an error from my phone saying "cannot complete operation: memory too low" I still have lots of phone memory. Any ideas?

Find the same image online and embed the url, unless you're trying to upload original content. In this case, upload it somewhere else, like imgur.com, and embed the url here.

I thought I would drop a quick post on how to upload pics - not using RVF to host the image.

1) Once you have prepared your pic go to something like http://postimage.org/

It looks like this

[Image: attachment.jpg21387]   

2) Once uploaded. Copy the link. The entire link.

[Image: attachment.jpg21388]   

3) When you start a new post/reply. Click on the mountain looking image. That will pop a window where you paste the link.

[Image: attachment.jpg21389]   

I know how to insert the pre-packaged gifs:
[Image: kermit.gif]

Just using this thread to see if I can figure out how to post a 3rd party:

Inserted as an image:
[Image: pussycat-dolls-sweaty.gif]

Copied from a host site:
[Image: hl5sSD.gif]

[Image: 240g_meme.jpg]

Just experimenting

Contrary to expectations, the AIDS crisis hasn’t yet killed all of the world’s performance artists.

-Jim Goad

Test for inserting a picture into the post. Thanks samsamsam.
[Image: attachment.jpg27595]   

Quote: (04-17-2014 11:34 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Someone asked about embedding youtube videos.

Thought I would add it here also. If you click the TV and use the drop down. A box will pop where you paste the link.

[Image: youtube1.jpg]

If you want to paste a pic - the button is the one that looks like a mountain.

Test for embedding youtube videos. Seems fitting given the recent victory over fascists who would eliminate free speech, Operation Goebbels etc.

Thanks again.

How to add a non-RVF GIF to a post.

Lothario called me the other day and asked me how to add a non-RvF GIF to a post. We discussed how others might need a few pointers too.

To tighten your GIF game:

Step 1: Find a GIF. Use Google. If you want a moving GIF rather than a still pic, try adding "animated GIF" to your search. For example: "Tantrum woman animated GIF"

Step 2: Go to images and see what Google brings back.

Step 3: Select the one you want. On a Mac, push on your trackpad and select "open Image in New Window"

Step 4: Copy the link. On a Mac "Copy Image Address"

Step 5: Either paste the address into the post: like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/ori...2e5c60.jpg and put [img] in front and [/img] at the end. Or select the mountain thing and copy the address in (all that mountain thing does is type in the [img] and [/img] for you).

Step 6: Post Reply.

[Image: 24afaa8ca18e11748e5b048bed2e5c60.jpg]

Mountain Thing:

[Image: attachment.jpg21389]

Take care of those titties for me.