rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do you do when you confront someone who can kick your ass?

There's a guy who frequents the same gym as me all the time and who I have a longstanding beef with because he stole something from me and refused to give it back.

He's got 6 inches and 80 lbs on me and is always on the juice. He would basically kill me. He's dumb as rocks and a really hateful man pissed off at the world and no one likes him they respect (fear?) him a bit because he's so brutish.

I've confronted him a few times in the past trying to get my stuff back and he starts shouting and threatening to beat me up, to knock all my teeth out, etc...the few times it's been broken up by the owner of the place.

I eventually said, "fuck it, this guy doesn't matter, I'm not going to get my shit back, whatever." I let it go for 6 months. Apparently he has not and has recently been going around spreading lies that I'm a thief - and even worse - he's said other members of my family are thieves, cheats and rotten people. It's one thing to talk trash about me, but about my family who he's never met is on another level.

I don't give a shit about getting confrontational with him but I know he'll probably resort to blows this time.

What would you do? In my mind there are a couple options: Let him hit you then file assault charges or shoot him.

Obviously I'm not going to shoot him. And I really really hate involving police. Any suggestions?

Do a montage of you working out till you're big enough to beat him up, then pulverize him.

Dupe x 30:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-42403....te+knights

You could clearly beat him up and will, but that's not what its about.

Bring Fisto with you.

Steal something of his.

Baseball bat

45 lb plate to the head when he is not looking.

Arrange for an accident

Use your advanced internet knowledge and jack up his finances, etc.

Give him the stuff that killed Jizz, I mean Zyzz, maybe this guy has a heart condition also.

Plant drugs, call cops, problem solved.

Sometimes bullies only understand pain, nothing else gets to them. They have been getting away with shit for so long, they are conditioned to expect to get away with it. Your only hope is just a bigger bully and him tangle one of them kills the other.

Sometimes unreasonable people must be dealt with unreasonably, like this how to video demonstrates.

Another how to video - once reasonable people are disrespected what do you expect?

I have always believed if there was a law that it was legal to get your ass kicked if you were an asshole, people would be much more polite and respectful. The problem is he made the first move and is saying what are you going to do about it. It is like Russia invading Ukraine. Does the West really want to send in troops and bleed over it? I am sorry he stole your stuff.

Man I am in a shitty mood...

Edit: Or you offer him compassion and mercy. Obviously, he doesn't know he is getting it from you. Clearly, the guy is a troubled soul. No understanding of right and wrong, definitely not a real man in terms of integrity and honor. I imagine his life is a constant train wreck and he just can't see it because, well, simply he isn't deep enough of a person to do any real introspection. So not saying feel sorry for him, just some empathy that his journey in life is not easy. I know some guys on RVF do TRT and juice and some reasons are pretty logical and well thought out, but this guy probably juices to feel powerful because when he was young he was vulnerable and probably assaulted verbally or physically. Those wounds cut deep probably, so he is always trying to put bandages on them, any chance he gets to assert himself as powerful feeds the injured child. Just be grateful you are not as fucked up as he is.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (02-05-2015 01:52 AM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Bring Fisto with you.

Steal something of his.

Baseball bat

45 lb plate to the head when he is not looking.

Arrange for an accident

Use your advanced internet knowledge and jack up his finances, etc.

Give him the stuff that killed Jizz, I mean Zyzz, maybe this guy has a heart condition also.

Plant drugs, call cops, problem solved.

Sometimes bullies only understand pain, nothing else gets to them. They have been getting away with shit for so long, they are conditioned to expect to get away with it. Your only hope is just a bigger bully and him tangle one of them kills the other.

Sometimes unreasonable people must be dealt with unreasonably, like this how to video demonstrates.

Another how to video - once reasonable people are disrespected what do you expect?

I have always believed if there was a law that it was legal to get your ass kicked if you were an asshole, people would be much more polite and respectful. The problem is he made the first move and is saying what are you going to do about it. It is like Russia invading Ukraine. Does the West really want to send in troops and bleed over it? I am sorry he stole your stuff.

Man I am in a shitty mood...

Paging El mech

I get it that our emotions are often running amok.

I too get sometimes the urge to kill people. Also there is a certain coldness within me that could actually do it without batting an eyelash.

But the thing is this: "Is this really one of those incidences where a man has done something outrageous to deserve a severe, potentially deadly or life-long damaging beating or not?"

This is not the question whether you could do something. Let's assume you are by far stronger than him. Let's also assume you bait him enough and he does the first blow. Afterwards you beat him up. It only seems to be such a good idea. In a fight that guy could lose an eye, get his limbs broken so much, that he won't be able to work etc. Essentially his life could be destroyed forever.

Yes - he may be a terrible asshole, he may have stolen things from you and he may have insulted your family. But are all those things worthy enough to inflict so much pain and misery upon him?

Don't get me wrong - if he attacks and you have to fight, then you fight and do so until you can't do no more - in this case maybe even resorting to a bat, crow-bar etc. to win.

This however is not the case. You are thinking cold-blooded assault and potentially murder (fights can go either way - even big dudes can fall on some pointy surface and they are done).

So the options are as following for the sane man:

1. Change the gym
2. Ignore the guy from now on - don't even react to his verbal assaults - if he hits you one day - just sue his ass away
3. Try to mend ways with him - chances are you have more in common between you than you think. It may be strange to invite your arch-enemy for beer, but there is nothing strange in that - many war-cultures had similar customs - sometimes kings and war-lords used to have a drink and look the enemy into the eye before killing the very same guy on the next day. Who knows - you might come to terms in a peaceful way. We men are strange creatures - we may be pissed off at a guy one second, exchanging blows and after 10 minutes having a beer together.

Part of it is our human nature I guess.

And you don't really want to live in a world where it's legal to kill someone just because he has insulted your sister [Image: smile.gif] It may sound good on paper and I too may sometimes wish that was so, but the truth is that such a system could be abused quickly and would be absurd in no time at all. All that crap remind me of those idiotic "honor-bound" feuds that some Muslim or primitive countries still have where families keep a grudge for generations killing each other years apart. That's just crap - Mafia movies are only fun to watch, but not live through it.

delete

You could try confronting him in public and calling him out on his douchey behavior. If he tries to pull shit then, you'd have more of a defense for smashing his nose in with a crowbar or something.

The way you describe it, no one seems to like this guy much anyway. They'd probably back you in a confrontation.

Also, compassion, in my personal experience, rarely works on bullies. Yes, people will tell you that they're broken, emotionally hurting, bladi-bladi-blah, but more often than not they're merely emboldened further.

Offer compassion to a downed and humiliated opponent. That is when they are most likely to swallow their pride and accept. Offering compassion from a position of weakness merely makes you more of a chump.

You say hes dumb. Work to get others on your side, once your one of the boys and earned more respect than him, you can get him back anyway you see fit. Failing that Move to another gym if the culture there is just shit. I have been to alot of gyms all over the place and all of them bar none have had a very civil and respectful culture.

Call Little Dark.

Kick to the crotch

Answer is in the question

My advice is to be a bitch. We live in a world where there are so many more acceptable and effective tools than punching someone in the face. I don't care if someone says something is 'manly' or not, what matters to me is if a technique is effective and low risk for me...as such.

1. Next time dude gets in your face, calmly tell him that he is threatening you and you'd would like it to stop
2. Inform, in writing, the gym management that this guy is threatening you and you've asked him to stop (they may kick him out/ban him)
3. If it happens again, take steps to get a restraining order, documenting the threats and that you've notified the gym about it.
4. After order, guess what, dude can't be at the gym when you are anymore. You now hold further legal action over his head.

These are the logical steps to take, while keeping in mind at any step he may try to beat the piss out of you, at which point you should defend yourself or at least try not to endure severe injury.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

WWLDD

What Would Little Dark Do

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

The advice in here is so out of touch. Reason with him? The guy shoots shit into his body, steals from other people and threatens them with physical violence.

The last two things are traits of bullies. Bullies understand one thing and thats physical pain and domination. I you can't bring either of them then you need someone else to do it or get the police on him. But be prepared for a world of shit if you involve police.

Quote: (02-05-2015 06:43 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

My advice is to be a bitch. We live in a world where there are so many more acceptable and effective tools than punching someone in the face. I don't care if someone says something is 'manly' or not, what matters to me is if a technique is effective and low risk for me...as such.

1. Next time dude gets in your face, calmly tell him that he is threatening you and you'd would like it to stop
2. Inform, in writing, the gym management that this guy is threatening you and you've asked him to stop (they may kick him out/ban him)
3. If it happens again, take steps to get a restraining order, documenting the threats and that you've notified the gym about it.
4. After order, guess what, dude can't be at the gym when you are anymore. You now hold further legal action over his head.

These are the logical steps to take, while keeping in mind at any step he may try to beat the piss out of you, at which point you should defend yourself or at least try not to endure severe injury.

This is why the US is filled to the brim with cowards now.

Pussified "men" who can not take care of themselves without the state to intervene. I can't even imagine what my dad would say if I went to him with this plan about some guy at the gym stealing my iPod.

If he stole from you then you need to take it back, and possibly take an ass whooping in the process. That's life. The only solution is to keep hitting the weights, and hit the boxing gym.

This guy might be big, but he isn't Chuck Liddell. It's obvious you're not confident in defending yourself, and that's the root of this entire problem. You won't defend yourself, and he knows it, and sees you as an easy mark. And the truth is, you are.

The good news is if you work hard, in 6-12 months from now you won't be.

Do a leglock. Nothing beats a bully like tearing his acl.
On a serious note. Do you have a friend that's bigger than him? Might be good to have some muscle besides you.

We're bluffers.
That's the essence of alphadom ever since the rise of cities.
Think some perfumed pharaoh could become a stone age alpha?
He rules by charisma and image control, not by force.

Quote:Quote:

So still he seems to dwell nowhere at all;
so empty no one can seek him out'
The enlightened ruler reposes in non-action
above, and below his ministers tremble with fear

However, in modern times, only urban first-worlders and the rich elsewhere have been dissociated from reality enough to play emperor.
In rustic areas, a fruit picker can't visit the local bar and be someone else.
In lawless areas, a thief can't pretend to be on the level of a killer with killer friends.

Quote:Quote:

You don't. Either make it so that he can't kick your ass, and confront him then, or just vanish from the gym one day.
I suggest drugging his drinks.
You could also rope in an ally and demand your stuff back.
However, you'd be open to retaliation when you're next alone, so in that scenario, I'd advise changing gyms shortly after you succeed.

What did he steal

Sounds like he's on "roids"
Inform the authorities.

WIA

As much as I like Rio's oldschool post, WIA's post makes the most sense. In the old days you could just scrap out differences. Nowadays, any confrontation is very risky. You two could be rolling on the ground and cops show up and shoot both of you. Gotta operate smarter not harder. Honor be damned if it is a matter of survival. You catching a felon record for assault can keep you from getting a job for a long time. Catching a case can even keep you from getting passports and visas to travel.

Taking matters into your own hands is foolish at this day and age. I cannot believe anyone even has to think about this. He who calls the cops first wins. Step your police game up son!

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Go Tyler Durden on him. Attack him with all your might, get your ass beaten, and the next day attack him again the best you can, and then again, on the 3rd day he will think you are a nutcase and he won't cross you again.

Quote: (02-05-2015 07:29 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Pussified "men" who can not take care of themselves without the state to intervene. I can't even imagine what my dad would say if I went to him with this plan about some guy at the gym stealing my iPod.

If he stole from you then you need to take it back, and possibly take an ass whooping in the process. That's life. The only solution is to keep hitting the weights, and hit the boxing gym.

This guy might be big, but he isn't Chuck Liddell. It's obvious you're not confident in defending yourself, and that's the root of this entire problem. You won't defend yourself, and he knows it, and sees you as an easy mark. And the truth is, you are.

Because now most men under 30 are pussified wannabe's that will pull the victim card and call the cops in an instant. Then act like some fucking victorious hero when you go to jail. Even if they actually swing a punch and you beat them down, they get up and call momma. I'm just waiting till the cops have more important things to do, then I'll get my justice.

Quote: (02-05-2015 06:43 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

I feel where Rio is coming from, but this is some seriously dangerous advice. I'm bigger and stronger than probably 95% of the people I see, but if I were getting constantly harassed I'd go the police route in a heartbeat. In the society and world we live in, there's just no cost-benefit analysis that argues for escalating a physical confrontation like this. Even if you win, you might walk away with an assault conviction and criminal record, which fucks you for life. Or maybe he comes back the week after with a gun. It's lose-lose. Fight to defend yourself sure, but other than that use alternate means.

And I don't think the mark of a man is being hotheaded and physically aggressive (e.g. this roid monster), but instead is someone who is rationale and keeps their cool.

Or someone read the book of five rings, the art of war, 48 laws of power.

Going toe to toe with a bigger and more belligerent enemy is for fools.

Why try to beat him up, expose yourself to physical harm, legal trouble, when you can out think him?

Where I'm from, cats beef all the time. They start with words, move to fists, and finally to guns. Type of bullshit destroys neighborhoods,communities. If any of these dudes were sharp, they'd use others to do the dirty work and eliminate issues.

Instead they gotta prove their manhood.

WIA

Quote: (02-05-2015 08:46 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Because now most men under 30 are pussified wannabe's that will pull the victim card and call the cops in an instant. Then act like some fucking victorious hero when you go to jail. Even if they actually swing a punch and you beat them down, they get up and call momma. I'm just waiting till the cops have more important things to do, then I'll get my justice.