rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

China 2015 (Beijing)

China 2015 (Beijing)

Hi all,

So I'm moving to Beijing in January and I am looking to make some friends. I'm pretty new to the game overall but I am a very quick study. I've been in sales all my life so hey transferable skill eh? I am looking for friends in general that I can club with as well as any mentoring that might come my way. Long story short I have a one year hall pass that I don't intend to squander. Hit me up on wechat: josh_anders

China 2015 (Beijing)

Hey Josh,
how are things going in Beijing?
I was in SEA last year, mostly phil and thai - plan for tokio and beijing for this year.
Cheers

China 2015 (Beijing)

Hey Josh,

I'm in Beijing. I don't use WeChat, but feel free to PM me.

I'm the King of Beijing!

China 2015 (Beijing)

Are u doing sales there?

China 2015 (Beijing)

Is Gmail still blocked in China?

And what are the internet speeds generally like?

China 2015 (Beijing)

Gmail is inconsistent in China to the point of being impossible to use. Easy to fix with a VPN for about $10 per month.

Internet speeds depend on which companies are allowed to offer Internet service in your neighbourhood and what sort of infrastructure they have decided to install. Getting higher speeds in your apartment may require putting some holes in some walls, so it's best to inquire into what the flat is already setup for before moving in.

Internet in China ranges from frustratingly slow to pretty damn fast, at least for my purposes.

I'm the King of Beijing!

China 2015 (Beijing)

This is one long ass thread, so long that its outdated lol. I am doing a 3 week EuroTour to Zrce Beach, Barcelona, Ibiza, Prague, and Cyprus. Does anyone have intel on how well Black Americans do in those countries?

China 2015 (Beijing)

Quote: (03-25-2015 08:07 AM)gjauguste Wrote:  

This is one long ass thread, so long that its outdated lol. I am doing a 3 week EuroTour to Zrce Beach, Barcelona, Ibiza, Prague, and Cyprus. Does anyone have intel on how well Black Americans do in those countries?
Troll much?

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

China 2015 (Beijing)

i dont know how i ended up on this thread, i'll delete my post

China 2015 (Beijing)

Quote: (11-03-2014 08:38 AM)JoshAnders Wrote:  

Hit me up on wechat: josh_anders

Josh, welcome to RVF and all, do note the forum does have an inbox feature.
There's also a separate section for meetups which for all I know this topic will be moved there by a mod.

In any case, get a bicycle ASAP, then a scooter by month's end. The bars in Beijing are pretty spread out (apart from that 1 giant lake) but I think you'll have a phenomenal time. There aren't a lot of RVFers in Beijing but I'm sure we'd love to hear how a sales/business gig would pan out there

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

China 2015 (Beijing)

Quote: (03-25-2015 12:02 PM)Cyclone Wrote:  

The bars in Beijing are pretty spread out (apart from that 1 giant lake) but I think you'll have a phenomenal time.

Negative. Almost all of the worthwhile bars and clubs in Beijing are centered in three party districts, which are all walkable.

Wudaokou, Sanlitun and Houhai.

I'm the King of Beijing!

China 2015 (Beijing)

Quote: (03-25-2015 11:05 PM)Suits Wrote:  

The bars in Beijing are pretty spread out (apart from that 1 giant lake) but I think you'll have a phenomenal time.

Negative. Almost all of the worthwhile bars and clubs in Beijing are centered in three party districts, which are all walkable.

This and Houhai (the giant lake) is far and away the worst of the three

China 2015 (Beijing)

Quote: (04-02-2015 02:29 PM)Laserspewpew Wrote:  

I mean... it's just different environments and matters about what you're looking for. Sanlitun is the upscale Western club scene where a lot of foreigners and girls that want foreigners are.

Wudaokou is the college area of the city.

And Houhai is the more traditional open air bar and live music kind of scene.

I personally don't think I'd pull from Houhai because it's too low energy but I'm sure there's a place for it somewhere.

Quote:Quote:
Menace Wrote:
An experience is in her head and no guy can ever jizz on it.
Vaun Wrote:
Goldmund Wrote:
Music
This was used a lot when I was young and really into the underground scene. I would invite girls to come back to listen to Fugazi records.
This is the first time in recorded history that Fugazi was used to remove panties.

China 2015 (Beijing)

Quote: (04-02-2015 03:12 PM)swuglyfe Wrote:  

Quote: (04-02-2015 02:29 PM)Laserspewpew Wrote:  

I mean... it's just different environments and matters about what you're looking for. Sanlitun is the upscale Western club scene where a lot of foreigners and girls that want foreigners are.

Wudaokou is the college area of the city.

And Houhai is the more traditional open air bar and live music kind of scene.

I personally don't think I'd pull from Houhai because it's too low energy but I'm sure there's a place for it somewhere.

I wouldn't call Sanlitun upscale, you can get into most bars and clubs in the area in shorts and runners! There are a few exceptions, Miga's comes to mind, but Sanlitun is more trashy than classy. The Guomao bars and clubs are the closest that Beijing comes to classy nightlife. Beijing is very laid back when it comes to going out

China 2015 (Beijing)

Wudaokou is venue limited. You will tire of the clubs, because there are only one or two and they are meat markets. You will be able to pull Chinese 5's and 6's easy enough if you visit enough, but this alone wouldn't be justification to set up your logistics around Wudaokou. It's just too far from the other gaming destinations.

Ideally, you want to be between Ring Road 2 and Ring Road 3 on the east side. This puts you right between Hou Hai and San Li Tun, only a ten minute trip to either. This will give you rock solid logistics.

While the immediate lake area in Hou Hai is tourist trash, the general north Dong Cheng district is loaded with real gems, often hidden away in some alley somewhere. I'm working on a website project to identify these and map them out in a way that makes them more accessible to the average person than they currently are.

Quote: (04-02-2015 03:12 PM)swuglyfe Wrote:  

Houhai is great for Day 2 meet ups with girls. Tons of places to sit down and drink/talk on a budget. It's centrally located inside Ring Road 2, so logistically, it's probably decent for a lot of players.

You can also do street approaches around the lake. The area attracts a lot of very innocent domestic tourist who aren't going to be DTF, but if you can initiate conversations with Chinese girls living in Beijing, you might end up with some good leads.

Also, a lot of foreign tourists in the area at certain times of the year who stay in many of the area's hostels. Generally they are backpackers on a budget, so they might be open to getting a home cooked meal at your place. Get them home and go for the bang.

But, no, you won't do much in-venue approaches in this area, although there are some clubs in the off-lake sector that you could.

Quote: (04-02-2015 04:07 PM)Laserspewpew Wrote:  

I wouldn't call Sanlitun upscale, you can get into most bars and clubs in the area in shorts and runners! There are a few exceptions, Miga's comes to mind, but Sanlitun is more trashy than classy. The Guomao bars and clubs are the closest that Beijing comes to classy nightlife. Beijing is very laid back when it comes to going out

San Li Tun ranges from extremely trashy to pretty upscale -- for Beijing.

Although if you're white, you might get into some venues in sandals and shorts, given all the Ferraris parked outside, you might be best served by dressing to impress.

There are other venues (all in San Li Tun North) where you'd be out of place if you aren't dressed like a slob. SEE: Pure Girl Bar

But even in San Li Tun North, you've got classy. Migas for sure, as well as another rooftop lounge that is only open in nicer weather.

Generally, if you want upscale clubs, however, you need to go the Worker's Stadium.

The real gem in San Li Tun is the area hidden behind the Comfort Inn. Practically all the best stuff is there. A lot of foreign owned places that deliver quality and good service.

Cocktail lounges to try are D-Lounge and Jane and Hooch. But these is Day 2 venues only. Not approach havens.

The Latin club, Salsa Caribe, is a lot of fun. Definitely worth the 30-40 RMB cover.

There's also a really cool club/bar hidden up just north of the car dealership the I've visited once and plan to return to.

I'm the King of Beijing!

China 2015 (Beijing)

I cannot speak to it as a resident, but I've visited Beijing for varying lengths of time five times while living in SZ, and I'd say that while its not the only good area, what Suits is identifying would be prime turf for visitors as well and picking a hotel. I liked the Tangram hotel a bunch (around 350 RMB) when I last visited - reviewed it a bit here. Its also located close to the Beijing Airport Express stop.

If you want to do the American chain hotel, there is a Sheraton (600 RMB) on the other side of 3rd Ring Rd a bit further north (probably only one or two metro stops), but other than it being American, i don't heavily recommend it (and I am an SPG aficionado in general) without having SPG elite status (the club breakfast and evening cocktail is fairly nice for a free meal. There are also much more modest and budget oriented options and nice places like the Opposite House (around 1400RMB)

Quote: (04-02-2015 09:00 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Ideally, you want to be between Ring Road 2 and Ring Road 3 on the east side. This puts you right between Hou Hai and San Li Tun, only a ten minute trip to either. This will give you rock solid logistics.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

China 2015 (Beijing)

Since BJ and SH are the two biggest cities in China, are Beijing girls any easier than girls in Shanghai? Or is the difference negligible?

I've heard the smalltown girls in the surrounding suburbs and cities that pour into Beijing for work or studies are a little more open and like to cut loose, generally speaking.

China 2015 (Beijing)

Quote: (04-02-2015 09:00 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (04-02-2015 04:07 PM)Laserspewpew Wrote:  

San Li Tun ranges from extremely trashy to pretty upscale -- for Beijing.

Although if you're white, you might get into some venues in sandals and shorts, given all the Ferraris parked outside, you might be best served by dressing to impress.

There are other venues (all in San Li Tun North) where you'd be out of place if you aren't dressed like a slob. SEE: Pure Girl Bar

But even in San Li Tun North, you've got classy. Migas for sure, as well as another rooftop lounge that is only open in nicer weather.

Generally, if you want upscale clubs, however, you need to go the Worker's Stadium.

The real gem in San Li Tun is the area hidden behind the Comfort Inn. Practically all the best stuff is there. A lot of foreign owned places that deliver quality and good service.

Cocktail lounges to try are D-Lounge and Jane and Hooch. But these is Day 2 venues only. Not approach havens.

The Latin club, Salsa Caribe, is a lot of fun. Definitely worth the 30-40 RMB cover.

There's also a really cool club/bar hidden up just north of the car dealership the I've visited once and plan to return to.

For every Miga's there is a Kokomo's! Where do you like behind the Comfort Inn? Are you talking about the area around the infamous KFC? I like the craft beer bar across the road behind the Den, run by a very friendly American and Chinese couple. Taiyero behind it and in front of Gongti is a great place to start your night with all you can drink and sort of decent Japanese food.

China 2015 (Beijing)

Suits, agreed 100% on the small gems just tucked away in the hutongs right across the street from the lake. A local friend took me to an amazing little whiskey bar run by Moroccan expats the last time I was there. Whiskey infused ice cream...

Would absolutely rep for a map of these places, maybe even contribute next time I'm there.

Agreed that Wudaokou is limited because of distance from the city, Beida girls tend to study anyways cause they killed themselves growing up to get in in the first place. The general area you triangulated is spot on. I've usually crashed at Chaoyangmen the past few times I've been to BJ.

@Holymuff

Shanghai is my ancestral hometown, but the girls are definitely much more Western with all the problems that brings. Native Shanghai girls have something of a reputation for being totally spoiled princesses that have absurdly high standards and usually hunt for rich foreigners. (read: white) Beijing is a bit more traditional in that sense. I don't do too well at Shanghai clubs because I am Asian-American, but hopefully I'll be able to drop some more game next time I visit.

Menace Wrote:
Vaun Wrote:
Goldmund Wrote:
Music
This was used a lot when I was young and really into the underground scene. I would invite girls to come back to listen to Fugazi records.
This is the first time in recorded history that Fugazi was used to remove panties.

China 2015 (Beijing)

Quote: (04-03-2015 10:15 AM)swuglyfe Wrote:  

Suits, agreed 100% on the small gems just tucked away in the hutongs right across the street from the lake. A local friend took me to an amazing little whiskey bar run by Moroccan expats the last time I was there. Whiskey infused ice cream...

Should be Cuju? Thats a rum bar run by a pretty cool Moroccan expat in the Hutongs not too far from Houhai.

China 2015 (Beijing)

Quote: (04-03-2015 10:30 AM)Laserspewpew Wrote:  

Quote: (04-03-2015 10:15 AM)swuglyfe Wrote:  

Should be Cuju? Thats a rum bar run by a pretty cool Moroccan expat in the Hutongs not too far from Houhai.

That's the one. Was great during the World Cup last summer.

Menace Wrote:
Vaun Wrote:
Goldmund Wrote:
Music

China 2015 (Beijing)

Quote: (04-03-2015 06:05 AM)Laserspewpew Wrote:  

Where do you like behind the Comfort Inn? Are you talking about the area around the infamous KFC? I

No, the KFC is on the other side of the road and further west.

I'm the King of Beijing!