rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) March - July 2014?

I had to come here after reading so many people online saying this was their favorite place in Asia, or the worst. I had some things to work on with my computer for the coming months in 2014, so instead of doing these things at home in my home country, USA, I thought I could leave for a "vacation" for awhile and come here, and maybe tour Asia a bit.

Why am I here?

I wanted an Asian destination, and I wanted it to be cheap. The cost of living here is great if you do it right. Meals for a few dollars, and hotels for 10. I'm still figuring this place out, but there are several threads on this site already if you want to get more info on what it's like here. I have my own apartment (not in the central district - D1) but if it's not rush hour traffic, I can get down there in less than 15 minutes by motorbike, and mine happens to get 88mpg, so it's cheap to get around. Taxis are OK, too, if you won't be here too long, and especially if you are living and staying in District 1.

Anyway, I'm going to be here for awhile (with possible excursions in SEA) so I should be getting to know this place relatively well in time. I previously met up with Scotian in Philippines, and that was my first trip outside of my country. Honestly, I think it's a terrible place to visit. If you just wanted notches, and are happy with 6's that all look the same, horrible food, and the most boring conversations of your life, it might be a good place for you. I'm not exactly here for notches, but of course I wouldn't mind some fun.

The best option you have here is truly on the internet, but despite what others have said, the quality is not the same between the internet and real life. I rarely see a really hot girl on any of the sites and apps (I have pretty high standards) and, trust me, I have been on all the sites and apps. I think the best options for the hotter girls are going to bars/clubs, or working your way into social circles. Obviously you won't have a lot of time to get a social circle if you're visiting for a week or 2, but I will see what I can do that with my extended stay.

If you're a decent guy, I'd be happy to help you if you want to come here and hang out. That means inviting you into my social circle (not sure what that will be looking like yet) and being your wingman in the bars/clubs.

Please get in touch with me or post here if you're interested in coming for a visit, or have any questions.

So how are the women compared to all those boring sixes in the Philippines?

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (03-09-2014 10:30 PM)Elim Wrote:  

I had to come here after reading so many people online saying this was their favorite place in Asia, or the worst. I had some things to work on with my computer for the coming months in 2014, so instead of doing these things at home in my home country, USA, I thought I could leave for a "vacation" for awhile and come here, and maybe tour Asia a bit.

Why am I here?

I wanted an Asian destination, and I wanted it to be cheap. The cost of living here is great if you do it right. Meals for a few dollars, and hotels for 10. I'm still figuring this place out, but there are several threads on this site already if you want to get more info on what it's like here. I have my own apartment (not in the central district - D1) but if it's not rush hour traffic, I can get down there in less than 15 minutes by motorbike, and mine happens to get 88mpg, so it's cheap to get around. Taxis are OK, too, if you won't be here too long, and especially if you are living and staying in District 1.

Anyway, I'm going to be here for awhile (with possible excursions in SEA) so I should be getting to know this place relatively well in time. I previously met up with Scotian in Philippines, and that was my first trip outside of my country. Honestly, I think it's a terrible place to visit. If you just wanted notches, and are happy with 6's that all look the same, horrible food, and the most boring conversations of your life, it might be a good place for you. I'm not exactly here for notches, but of course I wouldn't mind some fun.

The best option you have here is truly on the internet, but despite what others have said, the quality is not the same between the internet and real life. I rarely see a really hot girl on any of the sites and apps (I have pretty high standards) and, trust me, I have been on all the sites and apps. I think the best options for the hotter girls are going to bars/clubs, or working your way into social circles. Obviously you won't have a lot of time to get a social circle if you're visiting for a week or 2, but I will see what I can do that with my extended stay.

If you're a decent guy, I'd be happy to help you if you want to come here and hang out. That means inviting you into my social circle (not sure what that will be looking like yet) and being your wingman in the bars/clubs.

Please get in touch with me or post here if you're interested in coming for a visit, or have any questions.

hey there i might be interested in Saigon but i heard it was full of lesbian backpackers ...... when is the coolest/ driest time of year to go?? how are the local girls?? Do they go with white guys for fun or is it stricly business????

Vietnam is very high on my list along Indonesia so will be following this with great interest. How would you say is the attitude of the girls? Warm, friendly and open, or cold, snobby and bitch shield?

Quote: (03-09-2014 10:36 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

So how are the women compared to all those boring sixes in the Philippines?

I think there's just more variety in looks here, which means more hot girls that I would actually be interested in. Saigon restaurants and girls actually have some class. I was eating at a nice open air (but sheltered) cafes, and it had plants everywhere, and a pond with fish in it and a stone walkway through the middle. You actually feel like you're in Asia here. In America, this would be some overpriced restaurant. Here, I got my meal for $2.50.

To me, the Philippines is Asia gone horribly wrong. I don't have much of anything good to say about it, except for the fact that the girls are all single, will love you, speak English, and most of the people are friendly and smile, and have good attitudes. I didn't even have to try there to get laid. I'm usually trying a bit too hard to be the good guy. Only one of them gave me LMR, and it was token. The other girls, well within a few hours of meeting them, sex was all their idea every time. The one girl I had talked to online before coming there....she came to my hotel and wanted to go up to my room. Trust me when I tell you, this was a good girl. 21, and only one previosu partner. I even asked her again like 6 months later because I simply had to know. Anyway, once in my room, she was acting very very cold. I kept suggesting we go out and get some drinks or food, etc. She kept saying no. Then about 20 minutes after we were in there just sitting on the bed, we suddenly started kissing. About 5 minutes later she was asking me to screw her. She was actually one of the only very attractive women I saw online or met, but I later found out she had an eating disorder and I was pretty turned off by her attitude in general. She reminded me of my ex girlfriend way too much.

So I'm not going to say for some people it's optimal compared to the Philippines, but I would rather be here not getting laid.

I pretty much agree with the information on this forum, --other than posts saying that the internet had similar quality girls.--

The girls here will actually appreciate you for being you. In the Philippines, they're so mesmerized that you're a foreigner, I think they often care very little about what you're like. Here, so far, all the girls think I am very funny, and I've already been told by a couple people that they have never met anyone like me before. The girls here really are funny and cool to hang out with. I can honestly say I never had a single decent conversation in over 2 weeks in the Philippines.

Along with the classiness of some of the restaurants, the girls have class. They take much better care of themselves. They eat better, care for their skin, dress nicer, and have some style. The girls look really hot sometimes on their motorbikes in high heels.

From all the reports, Vietnamese are good lovers as well. In my experience, and from what I've heard, the Filipino guys just want to rail their women hard in missionary or get a blow job, and it's over in a few minutes. All the women just wanted to lie there. Not enjoyable to me.

If you're just coming for a week, I think the bars are probably the best place to go for the more liberal women that are hot, but I think it's important to have a wingman. If you're not as picky about looks, it seems finding women online can be pretty successful. There's a thread on this forum all about that, and how to screen out women who will only waste your time.

I'm a bit scatter-brained right now, but if you have any specific questions let me know. I haven't been here that long yet, so I'm still learning.

dupe

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

horrible food

Edit: Maybe I misread your original post, I thought you were commenting on Vietnamese food. Based on your second post, sounds like you are enjoying it better in HCMC.

Random comment: I always wanted to stand in front of a swarm of those motor bikes and film them as they passed by me, but never got the chance. Would have been pretty visually awesome.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote:Quote:

hey there i might be interested in Saigon but i heard it was full of lesbian backpackers ...... when is the coolest/ driest time of year to go?? how are the local girls?? Do they go with white guys for fun or is it stricly business????

It's not going to get any better. I think you have google, and could have figured this out easily. The best time would be December or January. I honestly don't find the heat that bad. It's going to get warmer as the year goes on, and mid-May we should start getting tons of rain. (Why did I get an apartment lease for so long?) I might leave early if things aren't going well.

If you're interested in coming before next winter time, I would recommend you get your ass over here ASAP. We can head out to Nha Trang, also. It's a beach resort area that attracts tons of Russians. Apparently lots of hot Russian ladies there you could have success with. Still there are plenty of locals, and the beach is beautiful. I will head out there with you for a weekend or a week, if you want.

Is it ok for me to mention another website in the forum? There's one with a pretty decent article on Vietnam, and also a podcast. The 2 guys had little issue pulling from bars. I think the girls understood what was up. It doesn't mean they won't fall in love with you. They seemed pretty happy to hang out for a night (or day or 2) as long as you pay for food and send them away with a dress you paid a whole $8 for. Life is cheap here, so it's all good.

Quote: (03-09-2014 11:01 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Vietnam is very high on my list along Indonesia so will be following this with great interest. How would you say is the attitude of the girls? Warm, friendly and open, or cold, snobby and bitch shield?

I would like to go to Indonesia, too, but I think living won't be as cheap, which is one reason I'm not there now. Also, I think it's a bit strict since it's run by Muslims. Vietnam is very safe. Your stuff might get stolen, but I highly doubt you'll ever feel physically threatened. I think nobody wants to fight here. (Which is different than other Asian countries that will gang up on you.) I think Indonesia will offer a little bit more consistent higher quality girls, and there's a lot of partying going on some places. I might hit it up before heading home.

I have spent a lot of time just getting settled in here, as I am living here for awhile, and I have plenty time to burn. I haven't experienced any negative attitudes from girls yet. I think one chick I randomly went up to talk to who was eating was a little annoyed, maybe, but she didn't speak English AT ALL, and was just trying to enjoy time with her friend.

I went to a wedding already, and all the guys, all the family, all the girls seemed to really love me. Part of it might just come down to your personality and if it fits in here. I joke around A LOT, and I actually feel appreciated here....and not simply for being white.

In conclusion, all I've gotten so far has been good vibes from the women, though there's always a chance of drama anywhere you go.

Quote: (03-09-2014 11:13 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

horrible food

Edit: Maybe I misread your original post, I thought you were commenting on Vietnamese food. Based on your second post, sounds like you are enjoying it better in HCMC.

Random comment: I always wanted to stand in front of a swarm of those motor bikes and film them as they passed by me, but never got the chance. Would have been pretty visually awesome.

I'm sorry about the confusion. I was talking about Filipino food. Vietnamese food is fine, but you should know whether you would like it or not when you come here. I thought for sure I would be safe if I went for a burger in the Philippines, and they messed it up. Only B-dubs had ever messed up a burger in all my years of living. Also, half of the time I went out to eat in the Philippines, my order would get screwed up.

Motorbiking here is amazing. Think driving around fast in a video game like Crazy Taxi or GTA. Keep your eyes on the road. Anything goes here. U-turns, walking across the street in heavy traffic, food carts taking up part of the road, buses that will merge into you if you're not careful, motorbike driving on the wrong side of the road. It's kind of beautiful and amazing in a way.

When I drive around here, I'm thinking GOOGLE GLASS.

Quote: (03-09-2014 11:05 PM)Elim Wrote:  

To me, the Philippines is Asia gone horribly wrong. I don't have much of anything good to say about it, except for the fact that the girls are all single, will love you, speak English, and most of the people are friendly and smile, and have good attitudes. I didn't even have to try there to get laid. I'm usually trying a bit too hard to be the good guy. Only one of them gave me LMR, and it was token. The other girls, well within a few hours of meeting them, sex was all their idea every time. The one girl I had talked to online before coming there....she came to my hotel and wanted to go up to my room. Trust me when I tell you, this was a good girl. 21, and only one previosu partner. I even asked her again like 6 months later because I simply had to know. Anyway, once in my room, she was acting very very cold. I kept suggesting we go out and get some drinks or food, etc. She kept saying no. Then about 20 minutes after we were in there just sitting on the bed, we suddenly started kissing. About 5 minutes later she was asking me to screw her. She was actually one of the only very attractive women I saw online or met, but I later found out she had an eating disorder and I was pretty turned off by her attitude in general. She reminded me of my ex girlfriend way too much.

So I'm not going to say for some people it's optimal compared to the Philippines, but I would rather be here not getting laid.

I pretty much agree with the information on this forum, --other than posts saying that the internet had similar quality girls.--

The girls here will actually appreciate you for being you. In the Philippines, they're so mesmerized that you're a foreigner, I think they often care very little about what you're like. Here, so far, all the girls think I am very funny, and I've already been told by a couple people that they have never met anyone like me before. The girls here really are funny and cool to hang out with. I can honestly say I never had a single decent conversation in over 2 weeks in the Philippines.

Along with the classiness of some of the restaurants, the girls have class. They take much better care of themselves. They eat better, care for their skin, dress nicer, and have some style. The girls look really hot sometimes on their motorbikes in high heels.

[Image: lol.gif]

I don't want to turn this into another Phils thread but come on, dude. It's definitely not a place for everyone but considering you were there two weeks, obviously didn't go anywhere approaching high end, and fucked a bunch of groupies I don't think your opinion is really based on fact.

(Shit, I'm becoming RioSoMad of the Phils)

Quote: (03-09-2014 11:28 PM)Elim Wrote:  

I'm sorry about the confusion. I was talking about Filipino food. Vietnamese food is fine, but you should know whether you would like it or not when you come here. I thought for sure I would be safe if I went for a burger in the Philippines, and they messed it up. Only B-dubs had ever messed up a burger in all my years of living. Also, half of the time I went out to eat in the Philippines, my order would get screwed up.

You know burgers aren't Filipino food, right? Judging by your other comments about the "classiness" of the restaurants, it's easy to tell that you didn't have much Filipino food period considering there are nice places with a fine dining service standard where you can take a date for $15.

Anyways, back to the Vietnam since I'm very interested in spending some time there at some point.

Can anyone fill me in on the cost of a furnished 1 bedroom or studio apartment/condo in District 1? I was just Googling around and came across a couple decent looking spots on Craigslist in the $400-600 range but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I've seen a lot of talk about the low cost of living there but not much talk about apartment rental prices. If anyone knows of any legit online listings that would be dope.

Enigma, I'm just sharing the facts of experience. I actually did visit St. Bonifacio, and I felt like I was back in the states. Very nice.

Even in the poorest countries you can find nicer, high end places if you go looking for it. I don't really want to spend $15 to have a meal that doesn't suck every time. The country is full of "groupies". Is that my fault? I don't want groupies, or I would be back. And I wouldn't say they were all "groupies". The one chick I described in more detail was totally legit. Nice girl, just troubled.

I'm not going to answer your rhetorical question. Having a burger on a menu at a restaurant, and failing miserably at it is a good reflection of the overall food scene there. If you really love America, learn to make a burger.

I'm not a picky eater, really. I was a bit harsh with the food thing, but there's absolutely nothing to write home about IMO. Like I said, I had a nice meal at a sweet cafe (should've taken a picture) for $2.50. Pretty sure this won't happen in the Phils ever.

Maybe 3% of the population there is elite and interesting to talk to, but I think we're looking way too hard to find some good there. There's a reason why the country has an average of IQ of 83 or so. I know some of you guys won't mind much, but I can't take it. If you're looking online and want a smarter chick in the Phils, I would check okcupid. Not a lot of them, but there's a little bit of intellect to be found there.

Anyway, yes, please back to Vietnam. Sorry for ripping the Phils, but I'm sharing my honest opinion.

Quote: (03-10-2014 12:03 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

Anyways, back to the Vietnam since I'm very interested in spending some time there at some point.

Can anyone fill me in on the cost of a furnished 1 bedroom or studio apartment/condo in District 1? I was just Googling around and came across a couple decent looking spots on Craigslist in the $400-600 range but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I've seen a lot of talk about the low cost of living there but not much talk about apartment rental prices. If anyone knows of any legit online listings that would be dope.

Check AIRBNB.com I was planning on going with one of those d1 apartments before I got here.

I'm living with some expats here. My area is really nice. It's a bunch of apartment buildings and it's like a little city. We have a super market, massage place, parlor, pool, gym, restaurants, etc. It's pretty quiet, safe, good neighbors. The problem is that I'm not near D1. Sure, it's only a 10-15 minute ride most times of the day (rush hour is way worse) but I can't go to D1, drink a few beers, and ride my motorbike back. It's just not worth it. Also, this is going to hurt with logistics.

I'm already stuck in a lease (I didn't have much time to decide as I had to decide immediately) but I might actually consider heading to D1 if I care less about living somewhere nice and doing my computer work, and more about partying every night. Right now I figure if I go out and really don't want to come back, I can just grab a cheap hotel for 10 dollars for a night. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but not the most optimal for logistics either.

Quote: (03-10-2014 12:17 AM)Elim Wrote:  

Enigma, I'm just sharing the facts of experience. I actually did visit St. Bonifacio, and I felt like I was back in the states. Very nice.

Even in the poorest countries you can find nicer, high end places if you go looking for it. I don't really want to spend $15 to have a meal that doesn't suck every time.

"Bring a date" as in $15 for two people.

The country is full of "groupies". Is that my fault? I don't want groupies, or I would be back. And I wouldn't say they were all "groupies".

No, it's not. Again, you spent two weeks in Manila and are speaking about an entire country consisting of thousands of islands. Two weeks isn't even enough time to see a fraction of Manila, let alone the entirety of the Phils.

I'm not going to answer your rhetorical question. Having a burger on a menu at a restaurant, and failing miserably at it is a good reflection of the overall food scene there. If you really love America, learn to make a burger.

I've never seen a burger on the menu at a Filipino restaurant and I've been to at least ten spots, from high-end to hole-in-the-wall bars. Again, try better restaurants.

I'm not a picky eater, really. I was a bit harsh with the food thing, but there's absolutely nothing to write home about IMO. Like I said, I had a nice meal at a sweet cafe (should've taken a picture) for $2.50. Pretty sure this won't happen in the Phils ever.

Yes, food in the Phils is very expensive [Image: dodgy.gif]

Maybe 3% of the population there is elite and interesting to talk to, but I think we're looking way too hard to find some good there. There's a reason why the country has an average of IQ of 83 or so. I know some of you guys won't mind much, but I can't take it. If you're looking online and want a smarter chick in the Phils, I would check okcupid. Not a lot of them, but there's a little bit of intellect to be found there.

Again, you're back on the online thing. These women are generally low quality, just like in the States. The average IQ includes people who live in shacks and raise livestock to survive or who eat meals of rice and soy sauce. If those are the girls you're going after, obviously they're not going to be cultured or well-dressed and will throw themselves at the opportunity of a rich foreigner. I've met plenty of girls who dressed just as nice or nicer than chicks in the US, were in college, could afford to go out to eat or go to the bar. I also find it telling that you complained about girls caring for their skin, considering the women I'm talking about have good complexions and incredibly soft, healthy skin.

Anyway, yes, please back to Vietnam. Sorry for ripping the Phils, but I'm sharing my honest opinion.

Nothing wrong with sharing your opinion but I have the right to point out that your experience is based on a tiny sample in crappy places.

Quote: (03-10-2014 12:24 AM)Elim Wrote:  

Check AIRBNB.com I was planning on going with one of those d1 apartments before I got here.

I checked AirBNB but the prices there are generally inflated compared to what you can find on the ground or on other sites. It's difficult to believe that the cost of living there is so low yet a decent studio outside the city runs you a grand, which is what the rates on AirBNB are looking like.

OK Enigma. I'm not going to say a different experience isn't possible. There are exceptions to all the things I said, but I don't think all my assertions are false. (Also, I was never promoting using online, but I know a ton of guys prefer it.)

The prices might be a little inflated, but I think the advantage is the ease of shopping, ability to charge a card, and you have an agreement that goes through a 3rd party. I haven't looked into it much, but I'm guessing it could save you a lot of pain.

Hope you get here soon. We can put this Philippines stuff far behind us and go out.

Great stuff Elim. I'll be watching this thread with great interest.

I'm still saving up money right now, but I will be moving to Saigon between the beginning of May and the end of June, and I plan on staying for at least a year. Girls online seem much more attractive and have better personalities than the average American girl. I'm working on getting a job teaching English, but it's somewhat difficult since schools seem to hire on a shorter time frame than other countries in Asia. In addition, typically they want in person interviews. Anyway, good to hear there are other forum members out there. Keep us posted.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Gonna be in Ho Chi Minh for a week starting this Saturday (3/15). I would be down to meet up and go out a few nights I'm here.

Quote: (03-10-2014 05:22 PM)Sweet Pea Wrote:  

I'm still saving up money right now, but I will be moving to Saigon between the beginning of May and the end of June, and I plan on staying for at least a year. Girls online seem much more attractive and have better personalities than the average American girl. I'm working on getting a job teaching English, but it's somewhat difficult since schools seem to hire on a shorter time frame than other countries in Asia. In addition, typically they want in person interviews. Anyway, good to hear there are other forum members out there. Keep us posted.

I really hope you get down here ASAP. My understanding is once you do get over here, you will have no trouble finding teaching work assuming you are white and have a college degree. I kind of wish I had my diploma with me right now. I have no idea where it is, and would not prefer that someone tear up my entire room to find it.

Quote: (03-10-2014 12:24 AM)Elim Wrote:  

I'm living with some expats here. My area is really nice. It's a bunch of apartment buildings and it's like a little city. We have a super market, massage place, parlor, pool, gym, restaurants, etc. It's pretty quiet, safe, good neighbors. The problem is that I'm not near D1. Sure, it's only a 10-15 minute ride most times of the day (rush hour is way worse) but I can't go to D1, drink a few beers, and ride my motorbike back. It's just not worth it. Also, this is going to hurt with logistics.

Awesome situation, other than living far from D1.

I used to live in northern Vietnam (9 months) so am obviously in love with the country and understand locals' psychology, etc real well. Saigon I have visited 3 times so far and it is glorious every time, truly left my heart there and still have connections with a few chicks. Although I find it funny that people like you, and this guy

http://www.singledudetravel.com/2013/04/...n-vietnam/

seem to think that Viet girls are intelligent and hold decent conversation.. i disagree but perhaps i haven't had enough experience in Thailand/Phils etc to compare. For anyone trying to move to Saigon, stick to districts 3 and 1; do *not* go to district 7, motorbiking makes things faster, but standards do change.. Since i live in Singapore now i'll be visiting Saigon at least a couple times until June so lets keep in touch.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Quote: (03-10-2014 08:48 PM)Elim Wrote:  

I really hope you get down here ASAP. My understanding is once you do get over here, you will have no trouble finding teaching work assuming you are white and have a college degree.

Aim for Koreans/Japanese living in Saigon to teach, you'll get the most money. 15$/hr is average, hilariously enough I was making over $30/hr in northern Vietnam (supply vs. demand baby) but if you do end up teaching East Asians (in District 7, probably) it should be at least $20/hr.

The one case where it's better to teach locals, is if you teach them in a group, so each pays $5/hr but since they're 10 kids it would be more like $50/hr! The only reason I'm telling you this is because I don't plan on doing it anymore otherwise would keep it secret!

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Perfect timing.

Some of my family just moved to HCM a few weeks ago. They have lots of space to run around in so I am trying to find some business excuses to go over there.

Best one so far: Vintage, fully restored Vespa 150cc mopeds. They can be had for just over $1000 in HCM and I can flip them here for 2.5x. Pack a sea can with 10 just in time for spring.

Any other thoughts on business deals would be most welcome.

What clubs did you pull from in the Phils?

Did you do online game exclusively?

I agree that D7 is not the place to be if you're here for lots of women. I had one evening to decide, and I had just gotten here, the price was very cheap, it was with 2 locals I could trust, and this place is pretty freakin' nice and completely furnished. There's still a good chance I will move to D1. It is way more polluted there, louder, not as safe, etc. I've got it good out here, it's just the logistics that will kill me and could lead to frustration. Or maybe I turn this into an opportunity by telling her I'm too drunk to go home, and I have nowhere to stay. eh???

Cyclone, what did you mean by "standards do change"?

Also, my original goal was to move to Singapore for work within a year or 2. Everything got derailed when I was laid off from my job in December. I realized how much I hated my job, my life situation, and I had basically nothing to look forward to for a year or 2. I came here to work on some certifications and try enjoying life a bit more for once. I've become a workaholic, a machine. Now I'm pretty confused and not sure where I want my life to go. I just know I can't keep living like I have. How do you like the Singaporeans? I plan to visit Singapore (to make sure I would be OK with living there) and Hong Kong before heading back home. I'd also like to check out Thailand and Indonesia, but we'll see. Please do give me your opinion on Singaporean life and the girls. Do you think they're interesting/nice/funny/intelligent?