rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fuck me, this guy's got BALLS

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/archives/su...94858.html

Quote:Quote:

A Canadian man is recovering after he was shot nine times at an apartment complex he runs in the Dominican Republic.

Lester Lehmann also suffered a broken knee and a shattered arm bone after he tried to stop thieves from breaking into an area where a group of high school students from Winnipeg were staying.

The group arrived Jan. 30, and around 1 a.m. on Jan. 31, Lehmann was woken up by a noise and went to investigate.

Lehmann's family said he came across two thieves trying to break into the area where the students slept.

"Les grabbed a machete and confronted them, while the thieves shot at him numerous times. They backed him into the bedroom and began stomping on his head and torso, resulting in extensive injury and bruising in the hope that Les would no longer interfere any further with their robbery," the website DonateToLes.com said. The website has been set up to handle donations for Lehmann, who does not have medical coverage in the Dominican Republic.

After about 10 minutes, the thieves stopped assaulting Lehmann. He went back to his room where he got a baseball bat. He hit one of the intruders several times while the other shot at Lehmann. The two thieves eventually ran off.

The Directorate General of the Franco-Manitoban School Division said in a release 26 people -- students, teachers and parents -- were at the complex in Puerto Plata. Their trip was to help at an orphanage for girls. No one on the trip was injured.

The second video is INTENSE. Wow.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Damn.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I tell you, those Canadians are all alpha.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Guy's definitely a hero. Second video tells the story--at least he got to whack the first thief a few good times with the bat.

Holy shit. That is a tough son of a bitch. Wonder if he has a military background or if he's just the Canadian version of el mech. [Image: lol.gif]

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

He is really a hero. He probably saved the lives of a lot of students. I really like the heroic look on his face in his hospital photo. You can see that he is really proud of what he did and he has ever y right to be.

That guy is a hero. Wonder what the robbers intentions were? You think they were gonna kidnap some high school kids? Or just take their ipads and shit.....

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

One guy protecting 26 people and not a one came to help him.

That's fucked up.

Quote: (02-07-2014 12:58 PM)Suits Wrote:  

I tell you, those Canadians are all alpha.

[Image: laugh5.gif]

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I really hate to MNQB him but that's a bad choice of weapons on both counts. He would have been way better served if he'd have grabbed a large kitchen knife and rushed them prison-style.

The machete looks scary, especially in the movies, but it's actually a very ineffective weapon.

Quote: (05-24-2014 02:14 PM)The PerSev Wrote:  

The machete looks scary, especially in the movies, but it's actually a very ineffective weapon.

Wont post pictures here, so please, just do a Google Images search for "machete wound"...

I really hate to MNQB him but that's a bad choice of weapons on both counts. He would have been way better served if he'd have grabbed a large kitchen knife and rushed them prison-style.

Another armchair combat guy reports in. I think the Canadian did a great job reacting quickly to the situation at hand.

Quote: (05-24-2014 02:39 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Wont post pictures here, so please, just do a Google Images search for "machete wound"...
I did. And the thing is that at a glance, barring a few exceptions, most of those people seem to be alive. And so was the guy in the video.

If used in a 'proactive'(wink wink) manner the machete can obviously be deadly, but then again, so would any other weapon. Even a plain old club or rock can be deadly if you blindside someone with it.
In a fight however the machete is far from ideal - though granted I probably went to far in calling it 'very ineffective'.

In the more primitive parts of the world it's not that uncommon to see groups of crazed machete-wielding guys hack each to bloody ribbons. But they remain standing, and most of the time they can go the distance and survive. The reason is because no artery or vital organ is touched. The machete isn't a precision weapon, and neither is it a broadsword/sabre/katana so that your slashes can kill.

Again, I feel silly trying to MNQB this gentleman since he's obviously a hard man, and because talk is cheap, but I'm positive that in the exact same situation but armed with a kitchen knife, I could have killed both of them. And so could the gentleman in the video.

Quote: (05-24-2014 03:20 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Another armchair combat guy reports in.

Granted I'm only a newcomer in these parts, but it seems to me that it's shortsighted to immediately dismiss anyone with a knee-jerk "lol keyboard warrior" comment without considering for a second what they have to say.

I think the Canadian did a great job reacting quickly to the situation at hand.
A "great job"? No.

Like I said I was hesitant from the beginning to comment since his heart was in the right place - and sadly he did more than most men would these days - but he did not do a "great job". A great job would have been both of the robbers dead.

Despite what you may think, my first comment was actually on point. At that range a big kitchen knife in the hands of a determined man could have killed both of them. I can't say the same for the machete or bat.

Google the "Tueller drill" for a little more perspective.

That man should never have to buy another drink in his life.

Quote: (05-24-2014 03:22 PM)The PerSev Wrote:  

In the more primitive parts of the world it's not that uncommon to see groups of crazed machete-wielding guys hack each to bloody ribbons. But they remain standing, and most of the time they can go the distance and survive.

I'm positive that in the exact same situation but armed with a kitchen knife, I could have killed both of them.

Sure buddy. Finish your Mountain Dew first, you need to be hydrated properly to be combat effective.

Quote: (05-24-2014 04:06 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Sure buddy. Finish your Mountain Dew first, you need to be hydrated properly to be combat effective.
Clever.

It's obvious that being 'funny' for the sake of a few likes is more important than the possibility of gaining some insight into a situation you might very well find yourself in one day, so I'll bow out of this thread.

But here's something that will hopefully get you thinking:
NSFW
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=271_1291673920

I have handled a machete but not in a combat situation. Should you be in the right frame of mind to use such a weapon the person on the receiving end will lose a lot of blood, flesh and bone.

You're slanting the size of a machete when you prefer a knife due to its close quarters and hidden benefits, which is irrelevant because a machete can be swung at an assailant at arms length and you can take their arm off pretty easily.

Quote: (05-24-2014 03:35 PM)The PerSev Wrote:  

I think the Canadian did a great job reacting quickly to the situation at hand.
A "great job"? No.

Sure thing Captain Hindsight. I'm sure this guy who repelled two robbers and got shot nine times is just dying to be lectured to by a close quarters combat expert over the internet.

I grew up in a country where the general public was not allowed access to guns. For the most part people fought with knives and bats in brawls but whenever someone came out with a machete swinging left and right it was time to gtfo.

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Every guy has balls.

My favourite part of the article:

"They backed him into the bedroom and began stomping on his head and torso, resulting in extensive injury and bruising in the hope that Les would no longer interfere any further with their robbery."

You don't say.

On a sidenote, it would be fun to find these two subhuman wastes and skin them alive, right after executing their entire families for having spawned them.

AB ANTIQUO, AB AETERNO

Quote:Fanthom Wrote:

On a sidenote, it would be fun to find these two subhuman wastes and skin them alive, right after executing their entire families for having spawned them.

Elliot Rogers, is that you? [Image: lol.gif]

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Quote: (05-25-2014 10:12 AM)Fathom Wrote:  

On a sidenote, it would be fun to find these two subhuman wastes and skin them alive,

Huh...? Fun, you say?

Quote:Quote:

right after executing their entire families for having spawned them.

Uh...what?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

This guy is a badass. Canadian men can be tough as shit. I'm guessing this guy grew up in the west.

Fathom, see this thread before you post weird ass stuff like that.
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-36421.html
And "subhuman waste" has a racist vibe to it.