rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

19 years old- looking for some input on travel plans
9 years old- looking for some input on travel plans
Hey guys

Im currently 18 years old working in the trades. my job is solid and allows me to live in my own place, and save for a 2/3 month trip, which i will take over the winter when work slows down and ive got some time off. Ive got a few ideas of travel but id like some input.

Bankroll- Between $4-5k for between 2 and three months

I turn 19 in the summer

I live in Northeast USA, probably flying out of NYC or BOS depending on what kind of flight deals i could get out of each airport

Latinas are my forte but a sexy girl's sexy regardless of race [Image: banana.gif]

Im decent height, and Im probably top 5% for physique for all age groups and my looks are good. People are always shocked when i say im 18 as they say I look and carry myself as someone much older. Guesses range from 25-30 constantly

My game could be better as Im naturally quiet, reserved, and withdrawn in any group, but people tend to gravitate to me because of my natural aloofness. I socialize better in groups maybe 5 years older than me rather than college age kids

EUROPE

So ive been to Spain and France before, liked them both. I feel like for the younger guys on the forum south/west Europe is the optimal for that age group. However my budget is too short for a solid few months of partying and exploring. Also I would rather go during the summer for better weather and fun. Eastern Europe is obv highly praised here but its more for some of you older guys. So unless someone can give me some really good reasons to go to Europe as a young guy in the winter its crossed off for now.

Pros-good for young guys, good partying, more hookup culture
Cons-Pricey, not as good in winter

SOUTH AMERICA

For some reason or another ive always wanted to travel to South America and explore the whole continent. The whole combo about the culture, the sexy women, and beautiful nature draws me. My boss (the most RP man ive ever met) has traveled all over and has told me stories of his travels and it only makes me more hungry to explore the continent. In the same breath, I feel like I should put off my South American adventures for a few years at least until im older, have better finances and in general just have more life experience under my belt. Thats with the assumption westernization doesnt compromise Latin American culture. Even though I look older, from what I understand Latinas like men a few years older at the very least, and although I come across as mid-late 20s Im not too sure how well Id do here with the girls who are aged under 21, just solely being 19. Any input on that last part?

Pros- Cheap, adventure, big booty bonitas, adventure, beach weather Dec-Feb
Cons- Better for me 5-10 years from now

ASIA

China has always called me since I was young. From What I understand from this forum, Asians cant read age as well, so girls would be able to get over any sort of age difference. My hunch is that being a white, jacked, American id get the rockstar treatment in second tier chinese cities. Specifically chongqing and chengdu. I do like Asian women and aparently white guys can clean up there. I feel like my reserved, indirect game style combined with my looks I could do some serious damage in China. With that being said, chinese women tend to be pretty conservative and it might create some drama if i go around banging every girl in the city. Im humoring the idea of vietnam or the philippines, but airfare looks pricier than going to china. But I feel like all of the above about china would apply in either country sans the conservative culture.

Pros- Cheap, totally exotic experience, sexy asian women, rockstar factor
Cons- Conservative culture, no beaches, visa red tape.

Any input is appreciated, and im welcome to suggestions that i didnt bring up. Stories from traveling in your early adulthood would be dope as well

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

2019 COLOMBIA MOTORCYCLE TRIP DATASHEET
Quote: (04-16-2018 11:12 AM)Cortés Wrote:  

Hey guys

Im currently 18 years old working in the trades. my job is solid and allows me to live in my own place, and save for a 2/3 month trip, which i will take over the winter when work slows down and ive got some time off. Ive got a few ideas of travel but id like some input.

Bankroll- Between $4-5k for between 2 and three months

I turn 19 in the summer

I live in Northeast USA, probably flying out of NYC or BOS depending on what kind of flight deals i could get out of each airport

Latinas are my forte but a sexy girl's sexy regardless of race [Image: banana.gif]

Im decent height, and Im probably top 5% for physique for all age groups and my looks are good. People are always shocked when i say im 18 as they say I look and carry myself as someone much older. Guesses range from 25-30 constantly

My game could be better as Im naturally quiet, reserved, and withdrawn in any group, but people tend to gravitate to me because of my natural aloofness. I socialize better in groups maybe 5 years older than me rather than college age kids

EUROPE

So ive been to Spain and France before, liked them both. I feel like for the younger guys on the forum south/west Europe is the optimal for that age group. However my budget is too short for a solid few months of partying and exploring. Also I would rather go during the summer for better weather and fun. Eastern Europe is obv highly praised here but its more for some of you older guys. So unless someone can give me some really good reasons to go to Europe as a young guy in the winter its crossed off for now.

Pros-good for young guys, good partying, more hookup culture
Cons-Pricey, not as good in winter

SOUTH AMERICA

For some reason or another ive always wanted to travel to South America and explore the whole continent. The whole combo about the culture, the sexy women, and beautiful nature draws me. My boss (the most RP man ive ever met) has traveled all over and has told me stories of his travels and it only makes me more hungry to explore the continent. In the same breath, I feel like I should put off my South American adventures for a few years at least until im older, have better finances and in general just have more life experience under my belt. Thats with the assumption westernization doesnt compromise Latin American culture. Even though I look older, from what I understand Latinas like men a few years older at the very least, and although I come across as mid-late 20s Im not too sure how well Id do here with the girls who are aged under 21, just solely being 19. Any input on that last part?

Pros- Cheap, adventure, big booty bonitas, adventure, beach weather Dec-Feb
Cons- Better for me 5-10 years from now

ASIA

China has always called me since I was young. From What I understand from this forum, Asians cant read age as well, so girls would be able to get over any sort of age difference. My hunch is that being a white, jacked, American id get the rockstar treatment in second tier chinese cities. Specifically chongqing and chengdu. I do like Asian women and aparently white guys can clean up there. I feel like my reserved, indirect game style combined with my looks I could do some serious damage in China. With that being said, chinese women tend to be pretty conservative and it might create some drama if i go around banging every girl in the city. Im humoring the idea of vietnam or the philippines, but airfare looks pricier than going to china. But I feel like all of the above about china would apply in either country sans the conservative culture.

Pros- Cheap, totally exotic experience, sexy asian women, rockstar factor
Cons- Conservative culture, no beaches, visa red tape.

Any input is appreciated, and im welcome to suggestions that i didnt bring up. Stories from traveling in your early adulthood would be dope as well

Latin America you might be too young, Asia is a tough grind to live in , I'm gonna say somewhere in Eastern Europe, I'm in my mid twenties and I usually am seen as the same age or a bit older back home but here people think I'm 2-3 years younger, sometimes younger, Extroversion is key also in Latin America and if you want "hotties" go to EE

welcome to the forum!
Like you I am also 18, your description funnily sounds like mine, I also get along with older people well. Personally I will most likely try out Mexico as I have contacts there and it is cheap but also a good first latin American destination for beginners from what i've heard.

I am from EE and wouldn't really recommend it for us, neither France because without the language it's damn hard - but the chicks are on another level. Spain though is not the worst choice especially Madrid, you could stay around hostels and I guarantee you would have a good time and with effort get bangs. For China I cannot comment but I know foreigners who lived in Chengdu and loved it, apparently the best girls in China come from there.
Quote: (04-16-2018 05:48 PM)Mikestar Wrote:  

Like you I am also 18, your description funnily sounds like mine, I also get along with older people well. Personally I will most likely try out Mexico as I have contacts there and it is cheap but also a good first latin American destination for beginners from what i've heard.

I am from EE and wouldn't really recommend it for us, neither France because without the language it's damn hard - but the chicks are on another level. Spain though is not the worst choice especially Madrid, you could stay around hostels and I guarantee you would have a good time and with effort get bangs. For China I cannot comment but I know foreigners who lived in Chengdu and loved it, apparently the best girls in China come from there.

I hadn't really considered mexico, I was looking more at colombia, Brazil, maybe Peru. Aside from Mexico city, Monterrey, and Guadalajara, Im sure theres some real cool spots to be found. Ive looked into the cities in sinaloa but with the cartels prob not the best spot to hit, not worth the girls. Again, I feel like our age would be a bit of a drawback anywhere in latin america, even with girls our age. Not too sure, but I feel like dudes who can pull off being older might be able to get notches

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

19 yr old here, did a trip around Europe recently and scored well in Budapest and Poland (1 local in each place but hooked with lots of foreign girls). I also spent some days in 2nd tier cities in the Netherlands, i couldn't go out since i was there during the week but i felt i would have killed it on weekends.
China's fun, but I'd suggest that you grade expectations if you're thinking you'll show up and achieve instant rockstar status. As China has become more and more popular, the competition from locals and other white dudes has gotten a lot greater. I still recommend checking it out, but ask around on the forum and parse some threads before booking the ticket.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.
It seems you made up your mind to go someplace warm but you need to narrow it down. Asia has amazing beaches and I really don't think China is the place to be. Thailand in particular has a lot of Europeans flocking there for winter vacations.

Based on your description you wouldn't fit in South America, it's not a place for the quiet type [Image: smile.gif]
Traveling at that age is a blast doesn’t matter where you are.

Get out your shell and work on talking to people you meet so that when you go on your trip you are in practice and can meet folks.

Everyone is nice to a teenager doing a solo trip

I roamed around Europe for a few months round that age with similar budget and it was a blast.

I had a sort of plan and a few people to see on the way but mostly I just winged it and took things day by day.

Head somewhere you want and slow roll the trip and go wherever the random adventure takes you.

Destination matters way less than the fact that you commit yourself to enjoying the time and meeting people. I’ve still got contacts from that trip that make travel around the world way easier.
Eurotrip in hostels.

This is the prefect time. You wont regret it. Because later in your twenties you wont be able to stay in hostels anymore and will prefer appartments. So do it now.
Chengdu is not that accessible for non Mandarin speakers or China virgins, the subway is not that comprehensive and taxi drivers speak zero English, zero. The nightlife is also very group orientated, there is not a whole lot of talking to strangers. The women are beautiful and the food is unreal but the difficulty is not worth it. If you want to go to China go to Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen. What you will lose in novelty and expense you will gain ten times over in convenience.
South America for sure. I did the solo backpacking thing when I was about 25, and it was the best way to go...travelling in South America is cheap, and you'll have a lot less culture shock there than in EE. Plus, there are loads of other backpackers travelling the hostel circuit through all those cities == plenty of english-speaking westerns to explore with. People fuck like rabbits at hostels, so don't worry if you can't pull locals. You can also always find a couple others at the hostels ready to go out for the night.

I'd also say EE is going to be more challenging if you haven't really gone solo before. South Americans are a little warmer and friendlier when you meet them, and you'll have a good time. EE women are better looking, but the language barrier can be much harder for an American. Also, there is really no timezone change from the US, so you won't deal with jet-lag or issues with communicating with friends back home (The 8 hour time shift can really be a pain - especially if you suddenly have to call a bank for a lost atm card).

Panama or Colombia would be a good starting place, and then just travel south along the Pacific coast. Cartagena or Panama City would be good. I travelled by bus between cities, and always found someone else at a hostel going in the same direction to ride with on the bus. Definitely hit Medellin, Lima, and Cusco.

Have fun man.
second superiorClimber South America is great for both younger and older although the heat is coming soon and it's going to be hot a balls so if you do it stay coastal.

Southern Europe is great in the summer if you stay in cheaper Balkan beach areas for your budget. i.e. not Croatia ect... Varna Bulgaria is cheap and you could do a little short run up the Black Sea Coast and with a wrap up in Odessa if Europe is calling you.

You'll survive Language barriers until you hit Odessa where you'll feel like an Alien if you don't have Russian or Ukrainian skills and Russian is not very popular in West Ukraine right now. But no one is going to hassle you much for being a foreigner speaking it.

But back to superiorClimber's point if you hostel hop through South America you will capture flags from all over the world pretty easily. Just wrap your dick up.

I fucking hate Asian girls accents when speaking English. Like scratching a chalk board to my ears. If it does not bother you then Asia is a great adventure with good food and very nice people.
Flights are going to be too expensive in South America to do much traveling. Eastern Europe and Asia they are very cheap. Other places in Europe you won't have much money for anything on your budget.
Sexy Chinese women? sorry you ever been to Japan or Korea? women in Japan and Korea are just billion times better looking. China women are mediocre
I'm trying hard man to think of a good reason to give you to go to EE in the winter, but I literally can't articulate one. EE in the winter is depressing so I think you're better served going to the southern hemisphere. EE (on the beach) in winter may be bearable or nice, but I can't tell you from personal experience-- it can't be THAT nice if the alternative is a nice warm place like Colombia or Argentina or even SEA for that matter... If you are still interested in EE in winter, I would I guess have to suggest Croatia or Montenegro to you.
Quote: (04-18-2018 02:00 AM)HD668B Wrote:  

Eurotrip in hostels.

This is the prefect time. You wont regret it. Because later in your twenties you wont be able to stay in hostels anymore and will prefer appartments. So do it now.

I agree with this. I'm in my mid-20's and kind of skipped the backpacker Europe stage of my travels and went straight for SEA. I'm a few years older than OP but I was young 20's in the Phils and still had young age problems with some of the girls. I did good there, but I definitely didn't reach my max like some of the early 30's guys do. So if you don't wanna go to South America because of age, I'd argue the same logic needs to apply to Asia because even Chinese and Japanese girls like guys a little older than them.

Also, you're on a bit of a time limit with Europe. That continent is great for younger backpackers because of hostel opportunities and another big bonus, you save 25% on all rail travel through Europe if you're younger than 26. So if you don't do hostels in your 20's, then Europe from what I heard isn't really good until you're settled down with a girl or travel back with family at middle age.

I mean look, I think you could still get laid in SA or SEA at your age. The bigger point is that those will probably be at your disposal a lot longer than a certain type of European experience would.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet
South America isn't the most convenient place and requires some experience. I was 26 when I went there first time and already spoke totally fluent Spanish. I lived there for a year and I think it was a good age, not too old nor too young. Your mileage may vary, and I am not totally against it, but I wouldn't advice a 19-year old myself to go to Latin America.
I definitely agree with those who say hosteling in EU .. I mean, you can save China for when you're 30-35 years old and still bang girls in their early 20's and have a blast, so you should do the shit that you don't wanna do when you're older. I'd book a ticket to Greece and spend a month on the Greek Islands, then make your way over to Spain.. hit a ton of festivals along the way, do NOT make plans, and just follow other dudes/crowds into whatever shit is happening.

Despite the craziness do find some time to have intellectual conversations though.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5
Bit the bullet and bought a plane ticket to cartagena Colombia. I plan on going southward and staying in pereira, manizales, and popayan. I'll post in the Colombia thread but if anybody's planning on being in Colombia December-February send me a pm!

― Hunter S. Thompson

Quote: (06-04-2018 10:07 AM)Cortés Wrote:  

Bit the bullet and bought a plane ticket to cartagena Colombia. I plan on going southward and staying in pereira, manizales, and popayan. I'll post in the Colombia thread but if anybody's planning on being in Colombia December-February send me a pm!

You aren't going to Medellin? I flew in from Cartagena, and it was one of the best cities in Colombia - worth spending your time in, even just to brag to US friends that you went to Pablo Escobar's home and didn't get killed by the cartels.

Popayan - I remember stopping there for lunch and switching buses on the way down to Ecuador. Good town in the middle of the coffee growing area ("zona cafeteria"). I think you'll get a solid dose of Colombian life down there, even though you might get bored after a few weeks. Its mostly an agricultural trading city, and it didn't exactly seem like a place to find a place to party at night. And definitely practice your Spanish - English penetration is pretty much non-existent in that part of the world.

Wherever you choose to go down there, it should be a solid experience.
One goali have of this trip is to immerse in Colombian culture. My Spanish is pretty decent and will be better come November. From what I've heard Medellin has become swamped with tourists, and I'm trying to stray away from that scene

― Hunter S. Thompson

Have a blast in Colombia. You made a great choice.
My advice, coming from a 22-year-old who lived in SEA for 6 months, I'd say Asia. But I have to caution you. Its ruined my life, possibly for the better. Seriously. America is PAINFULLY boring now. I have lost all motivation to run clown game on these phone addicted sluts. Every single day (not exaggerating) I think about going back. I seriously consider if I would have been better off not going.
My advice:

Western Europe - If you want the best parties, beer, nightlife, want to be around other English speakers, want a ton of young people around you, are into white girls, don't want a culture shock, like developed countries

cons: You won't experience much of a culture shock, not as crazy as going to developing countries (yeah to me that's a con), you perspective won't really be exposed to much different perspectives

SA: Craziness, exposed to a whole different perspective on life, get to see real poverty and simplicity of life, cheap, lots of adventure, latinas with huge asses

Cons: Can be too crazy, too much of a culture shock, lots of scammers

Asia: Same as SA

Cons:
Asian women aren't as hot as Euro or SA

For me, South America was a no brainer - lots of adventure, different perspective on life, hot and easy latina women, craziness
thread-56634.html

I have found this thread using while making plans at a similar age.