rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eastern Europe : 2018

Hi Guys

I've read some old posts, PM'd a few guys (thanks for replies) watched a pile of YouTube videos... but I have more questions!

I had plans to come here to Bucharest and stay all summer before heading home for Christmas at the end of 2018.

But having been here and walked around, tried Tinder, looked at the talent on the streets... I'm pretty sure I can't stay here! It's not so good.

I need to find a new city to live ASAP - I'm thinking Budapest, never been, but it looks much more attractive.

I want to keep my costs as low as possible so I can continue to study/work online.

You can rent here in Bucharest a studio or 1-bed for around 300 euros per month plus bills. It won't be very pretty, but it's possible.

What kind of rents are we talking in Budapest for a nicer place, reasonably close to the centre? (Pest side)

Some chick on YouTube recommends Facebook groups for finding places to rent where another girl says that's a very expensive, overpriced way of finding places - any of you guys got some experience with that?

Also it looks like it's harder to find sub-12-month contracts in Budapest, and many places you'll have to install wifi yourself (again, 12-month contracts) such a hassle....

So, general info needed about living in Budapest or any cities you think might be better - I've never done EE before and want to give it ago, but I'm tellin' ya, SEA seems so frickin' tempting again! But I don't want to quit so easily.

Merci, mes amis...

L:219  F:29  V:9  A:6  3S:1

"Water, water, everywhere, nor any drop to drink"

Quote: (04-03-2018 10:53 AM)Sandstorm Wrote:  

Hi Guys

I've read some old posts, PM'd a few guys (thanks for replies) watched a pile of YouTube videos... but I have more questions!

I had plans to come here to Bucharest and stay all summer before heading home for Christmas at the end of 2018.

But having been here and walked around, tried Tinder, looked at the talent on the streets... I'm pretty sure I can't stay here! It's not so good.

I need to find a new city to live ASAP - I'm thinking Budapest, never been, but it looks much more attractive.

I want to keep my costs as low as possible so I can continue to study/work online.

You can rent here in Bucharest a studio or 1-bed for around 300 euros per month plus bills. It won't be very pretty, but it's possible.

What kind of rents are we talking in Budapest for a nicer place, reasonably close to the centre? (Pest side)

Some chick on YouTube recommends Facebook groups for finding places to rent where another girl says that's a very expensive, overpriced way of finding places - any of you guys got some experience with that?

Also it looks like it's harder to find sub-12-month contracts in Budapest, and many places you'll have to install wifi yourself (again, 12-month contracts) such a hassle....

So, general info needed about living in Budapest or any cities you think might be better - I've never done EE before and want to give it ago, but I'm tellin' ya, SEA seems so frickin' tempting again! But I don't want to quit so easily.

Merci, mes amis...

Hey man, hope I can help. It goes as follows: find a native to negotiate rent. This is the only piece of rent-related advise that matters. they will be able to spot the bullshit. Meet a native, like literally go to a bar, find an airbnb host and stay with them, make a true connection, and drop the question (when you get serious with people, they generally are honest). If you're looking for something else, I would direct you to Project Belgrade: thread-66014.html .

The short story is that a lot of dudes are meeting up in Belgrade this summer to pick up, etc. I will be there in 2 wks- to 1 month. You're free to PM me if interested.... Basically it's pretty cheap to live in BGD, 400USD is typical for a serb, but if you live like an american, western european, you can expect to spend 1000usd having the time of your life, daily.

We'll take a lot of trips out to the beach, other places than BGD, etc. And I think it will be a lot of fun. I am amazed by the number of messages I've gotten--and it will be really fun man.

You can check out my datasheet for Macedonia, if you're looking for somewhere cheap--it's a bit off the beaten path, but seeing as you're from the UK, you will have tremendous status there.
~~Dragan~~

Thanks a lot Dragan, sounds good! I read your Macedonia sheet - although it sounds like an interesting place to visit, I couldn't see myself living there full-time, especially with no contacts, but interesting none the less... [Image: wink.gif]

Yeah I read about Project Belgrade - it could be mayhem! I'm actually trying to start making money this year from my online stuff, so living alone is a bit of a priority... but I still want to live in a nice place that isn't utterly depressing! So I reckon Budapest could be it.

Yeah seems a few guys are gonna be there, could be a summer to remember!

Maybe anyone else who is going to be in Budapest this summer and is reading this can chime in and say they will! Would be interesting to see who's coming...

Thanks again!

Sandstorm

Sandstorm did you hit the nightlife outside of old town?

Quote: (04-03-2018 02:09 PM)Beirut Wrote:  

Sandstorm did you hit the nightlife outside of old town?

No Beirut, I didn't even hit the nightlife IN the Old Town... I'm not really into night life as such anymore... (just low key bars and pubs and cafes is more my thing)

Yeah I didn't manage to see much quality outside of the nightlife in bucharest but nighttime is a whole different story. Lots of hot girls and I enjoyed it much more than other ee nightlife.

So if you're not planning on hitting it, your plan to leave is probably the best idea.

Quote: (04-04-2018 02:58 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

Yeah I didn't manage to see much quality outside of the nightlife in bucharest but nighttime is a whole different story. Lots of hot girls and I enjoyed it much more than other ee nightlife.

So if you're not planning on hitting it, your plan to leave is probably the best idea.

Interesting to note - maybe I should check it out at least once before I leave! Meanwhile, booked flight to Budapest with Wizz air (they look shady as fuck and their business model seems to be, "rip off passengers at the airport through strict baggage rules" hate that shit...

And booking an airbnb for 2 weeks is crazy expensive - like £500 for two weeks! Fuck Europe lol

I liked Bucharest. There are lots of malls that you can hit and the girls are easy to talk to. There are a lot of tourists there so you can get some value from that, plus the level of English is really good. The best mall that wasn't too far out was called Vitan Mall (calle vitan). Just get a taxi on the main street outside of old town and say "Vitan Mall" it costs about 6 or 8 local currency units. Maybe $2.00. You can just go camp out there all day, in the food courts, the starbucks. Lots of hot girls. But I even met a hot girl in that small, old mall that's just outside of the Old Town. The McDonald's in that mall is a good bet there too. One time i stayed in Bucharest for two weeks in an apartment i got on booking.com (about $30-40/night) and hit the malls and the cafes every day. In McDonalds in the close-in mall a cougar just handed me her number and asked me to call her. For the nightlife, the Old Town nightlife isn't that great and the big name clubs aren't any good unless you want to drop lots of cash, but if you can find some girl to take you to locals places you might like Bucharest a lot more. Anyway, unless you're only looking for blondes it's definitely better than what you can read on here about Ukraine or Poland.

Quote: (04-05-2018 11:36 AM)JohnQPublic Wrote:  

There are a lot of tourists there so you can get some value from that
This should say, "There aren't a lot of tourists there, so you can get some value from being a foreigner"

Anyway, unless you're only looking for blondes it's definitely better than what you can read on here about Ukraine or Poland.

You found Bucharest better than Poland and Ukraine? (I've been to neither)

Quote: (04-05-2018 02:58 PM)Sandstorm Wrote:  

Anyway, unless you're only looking for blondes it's definitely better than what you can read on here about Ukraine or Poland.

You found Bucharest better than Poland and Ukraine? (I've been to neither)

Based on what guys on this forum are writing about their experiences in Poland and Ukraine, it seems like it could be easier in Bucharest. It depends what you're looking for. For me personally, I liked all of them and for SNL Ukraine was easiest for me. But if I had to spend some time somewhere I preferred Bucharest. The big difference is Romania is more Latin so the feeling is closer to Spain, while the other two are Slavic which is more what you typically expect from Eastern Europe. Also Romania doesn't have such large numbers of guys looking to get laid so the atmosphere is more laid back.

Anywhere in Poland really. The best country in the EE, you can't go wrong if you are a 7 looks wise.
When I hear about guys that failed in Poland, I always imagine old and ugly dudes that game with money and 'status'.

Quote: (04-06-2018 07:52 AM)gowest Wrote:  

Anywhere in Poland really. The best country in the EE, you can't go wrong if you are a 7 looks wise.
When I hear about guys that failed in Poland, I always imagine old and ugly dudes that game with money and 'status'.

idk i was in poznan few years ago, didnt seem too easy, i was pretty autistic back then though. definitely above 7 lookswise