rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Project Belgrade Summer '18

Gentlemen, I present to you something that's never been attempted before... Project Belgrade. Summer 2018 spent in Belgrade as our home-base, and the surrounding counties on the beaches/ at the vacation hotspots.

You may be asking, why Belgrade? The answer is simple: Belgrade is centrally located in what was the former center of Yugoslavia (which was composed of 6 unique countries). Additionally, Belgrade has some of the best talent in the Balkans, and it's located in close reach of Bosnia, Hungary, Slovenia, Macedonia, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Albania, Kosovo, and Montenegro. Which can all be easily reached via car, bus, train or plane. Belgrade also offers an amazing summer clubbing scene on the river clubs, or splavs. An additional plus is Serbia is not in the EU, so you don't have to worry about using up a tourist visa staying in a place like, say, Croatia, which is an EU member. Cost of living is also a big benefit, which for most Westerners runs 1000USD or less per month, not including travel expenses.

What do I offer? Simple, I've lived in Belgrade before (Summer 17), and I have a social circle established of only native Serbs aged 18-25, and I like to travel a lot in the Balkans. I'm an American.

What should you offer? Don't be creepy, be prepared to hang out with 20-somethings like myself. Be prepared to travel to some of these resort hotspots to pick up girls, and be ok doing things spur of the moment.

Living arrangements: This is subject to negotiation or further discussion, but we can get one giant place depending on interest, or get our own individual apartments in the same complex/area, and then organize a sort of weekly gaming/ travel schedule. FYI: rent in the city center of Belgrade can range from 200-400 USD +.

For up-to-date info on Belgrade, see my datasheet from this summer; available here: thread-66001.html

Hope to hear from some of ya'll soon.

~Dragan~

Sounds really intresting! After being to Kiev, Belgrade has been on the top of my list!
Count me in!!
about: Early twenties, 6'3, Swede, Intermidiete game. Have been recived well by Serbs outside of Serbia - Great people!

Quote: (11-28-2017 11:44 AM)DraperJ.hank Wrote:  

Sounds really intresting! After being to Kiev, Belgrade has been on the top of my list!
Count me in!!
about: Early twenties, 6'3, Swede, Intermidiete game. Have been recived well by Serbs outside of Serbia - Great people!

Sounds good, message me for further details.

I'll post additional details/info here as it becomes clear what the interest level is.

Screw Belgrade.

Sremska Mitrovica is where it's at.

During my last trip to Serbia I spent time between there and Belgrade - the downtown core of Sremska is unreal, and the quality of girls there is incredible. I've never seen such a high ratio of women-men.

There's obviously a lot more to do in Belgrade - but definitely worth it to take a weekend while you're in Serbia to visit Sremska Mitrovica.

EDIT: Don't let the low population fool you. In the Summer, it's incredibly busy and the population Thursday-Sat triples - at least. I'll be in Serbia this Summer for sure - let me know if you're around.

Ha. I've heard same thing about Banja Luka in Bosnia. It's part of mythology how skewed the male-female ratio is, and also beautiful the women are there. I'm down of course, for almost anywhere.

Will be there June-December.

You are correct, sir, it's a myth.

As of this moment we are three forum members interested and a possible fourth whos a friend of Dragan.
We also have local connections in Belgrade via OP.

Places we might go to involve: Black sea (Varna, Odessa, Sochi). Romania, Moldova and Transnistria.
Some Serbian music festival, Greek islands, Croatian coast.

Dragan might chime in if I we made some missunderstanding..

Quote: (12-06-2017 09:18 PM)DraperJ.hank Wrote:  

As of this moment we are three forum members interested and a possible fourth whos a friend of Dragan.
We also have local connections in Belgrade via OP.

Places we might go to involve: Black sea (Varna, Odessa, Sochi). Romania, Moldova and Transnistria.
Some Serbian music festival, Greek islands, Croatian coast.

Dragan might chime in if I we made some missunderstanding..

I'd be down for the Serbia leg. One of my good friends lives in Belgrade, and I'm there often.

I'm thinking I would be down. I was in Belgrade a few months ago. I think it's probably my second favorite city next to Kiev as far as talent goes. Didn't get any notches but a few makeouts and leads that need closing out. Haha.

Interest level is looking good for Project Belgrade, gotten several messages from people. Will update shortly.

Here's the first update, and it's about the living situation. I recommend the immediate area around St. Sava's cathedral in the Vracar neighborhood. This place is NICE.

Here's a video with the view we're looking at, if we opt to live next to St. Sava's. I lived in this same apartment complex, and i can say that the views are fantastic. Also, Charles talks a bit about prices in this part of town too (35usd a night for him for AirBnB, although that's way high-- you can live right here for about 400-600 monthly, and that's on the high end). Check it out!

~Dragan

^^^^
Nice area and the view from that apartment is magnificent, but it is kind of a hike from the river clubs (I guess you'd just take a taxi anyway), Knez, and Dorcol. It seems like you would want to at least be in reasonable walking distance of one of the three.

On the plus side, in the summer, could definitely run some game at Tašmajdan (only about 15 min walk from there).

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (12-08-2017 01:42 PM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

^^^^
Nice area and the view from that apartment is magnificent, but it is kind of a hike from the river clubs (I guess you'd just take a taxi anyway), Knez, and Dorcol. It seems like you would want to at least be in reasonable walking distance of one of the three.

On the plus side, in the summer, could definitely run some game at Tašmajdan (only about 15 min walk from there).

I really see transit as a non issue, buses are free, no one pays for tickets ever.... Taxis are so damn cheap, better to live in the nicest place then worry about transit later. Most taxis are only 5 or 6 bucks. Largely a non-issue. I've done the walk to the river 30-ish minutes. Not a fan of the river clubs anyway far too loud, and over-rated in general.

Every girl in Belgrade smokes - not an attractive trait at all.

Quote: (12-08-2017 01:58 PM)Only8sandup Wrote:  

Every girl in Belgrade smokes - not an attractive trait at all.

Smoking women is endemic to EE and the Balkans. Nothing to be done about it. As they say, "if she smokes, she pokes."

Great idea!
Would love to know more and participate if all works out.
Basics about me: 6'3", super fit, 55, native New Yorker, world traveler (65+ countries so far), game varies from very good to "lazy and couldn't give a fuck unless she makes it easy". Happy to be kept in the loop.

Sounds good that theres lots of interest!
Awesome @Invictusiii ))

Bumping this thread. I think it's time to move this over to a groupchat now that I've gotten sufficient responses from forum members. Do you guys have a preference on the chat-- ie Torchat, Discord, etc?

What would be benefit of Belgrade v Zagreb Croatia? And what would budget per week in Euro for decent standard of living?

Was thinking Tenerife for three months - but would be cool to meet a gang to hang out with.

35 yr old Irish Guy currently in Dublin

Belgrade is cheaper, although to Zagreb's credit I'm sure it will be packed because it's summer and so close to the coast. Croatia is in EU so prices will be more touristy.

Are you thinking the whole summer... any specific dates?

Quote: (12-28-2017 12:48 PM)Akwesi Wrote:  

Are you thinking the whole summer... any specific dates?

I'm thinking of showing up the beginning of May and staying in the Balkans for four months or more. Stay in Belgrade at least a month or two starting in may.

Hey Dragan,

The reason I ask is two-fold:

1) Belgrade may be better but I think for SNL's it will be tough - the local men are pretty tall, military fit and protective of their women folk

2) I found a loophole in EU law I can get 13 weeks unemployment benefits transferred to any other country in the Eurozone if I search for employment in a EU country - this works out at 198 euro a week for me - I'm a business contractor so not in a perm job so can do this - could be good info for European based forum guys

Quote: (12-28-2017 01:09 PM)Cui Ri Wrote:  

Hey Dragan,

The reason I ask is two-fold:

1) Belgrade may be better but I think for SNL's it will be tough - the local men are pretty tall, military fit and protective of their women folk

2) I found a loophole in EU law I can get 13 weeks unemployment benefits transferred to any other country in the Eurozone if I search for employment in a EU country - this works out at 198 euro a week for me - I'm a business contractor so not in a perm job so can do this - could be good info for European based forum guys

I think the tallness is a bit over-exaggerated based on living there myself. I think a normal range is 5'10- to 6'. I don't think the men are as protective as they are made out to be. Social circle is big yes, but belgrade is party central and you have people from all the yugoslav countries coming in for the weekends to party. Belgrade women certainly aren't prudes. If you're more into the club scene, esp like trance music, etc, hooking up isn't hard at all.

For the moment being, after certain events I will only stay In Belgrade in June for ~2.5 weeks.. Hope to still join in the time spent in those weeks.
*I might be able to take 4months if certain things goes according to plan but I thought Id give a heads up..
Whichever groupchat that works for a phone btw.
//HjD