rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man starts massive fire after trying to forge a sword in his backyard

In a suburban area just outside of Albany. Figures it would happen in somewhere like Cohoes. Not too often anything around here is major enough to get reported by BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42195050

Quote:Quote:

An amateur blacksmith started a fire that engulfed three blocks after attempting to imitate a sword-forging scene he had seen on TV, reports say.
John Gomes from the town of Cohoes in New York state was trying to bend metal in imitation of the TV series Forged in Fire when the yard blaze started.

The series shows professional bladesmiths competing to make "history's most iconic edged weapons".

It was the "worst disaster the city has ever seen," Mayor Shawn Morse said.
Fanned by high winds, the flames destroyed three buildings and damaged 18 others. It was brought under control after three hours but then started up again an hour later, CBS reported.

Twenty people were displaced and a firefighter was taken to hospital with unspecified injuries but no-one else was hurt, the Albany Times Union reported.
Mr Gomes, 52, has been charged with reckless endangerment and arson and is in custody, the newspaper said.

"We often tell people we don't allow open burns in the city and they often say, 'What's the worst that could happen? Well, this open burn just caused millions of dollars of damage and destroyed half our downtown," CBS quoted Mr Morse as saying.

Quote: (12-02-2017 03:35 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote:  

"We often tell people we don't allow open burns in the city and they often say, 'What's the worst that could happen? Well, this open burn just caused millions of dollars of damage and destroyed half our downtown," CBS quoted Mr Morse as saying.

[Image: dont-tell-me-how-to-live-my-life.jpg]

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

So, did he finish making the sword or not ?

Quote: (12-02-2017 04:39 PM)Mercenary Wrote:  

Yes and it's enchanted with the power of half of downtown Cohoes.

Just wait until he gets out of jail.

Quote: (12-02-2017 04:39 PM)Mercenary Wrote:  

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

^ thats a sword forged from a 3 block destroying furnace when the One Ring required less. This dude better hope it fetches 3 billion at Darwin auctions.

These Portuguese people have a strange fetish with big fires....

http://www.euronews.com/2017/11/21/portu...ne-of-fire

Best thread title in a while.

Don't dox me bro!

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Those calling it the worse disaster in the history of Albany clearly don't follow New York State politics.

Hillarian steel, l'll get my coat

He who dares wins - Del Boy

Longsword of Idiocy, +3 vs. City Blocks.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

I was thinking about forging a sword--not really, but just thinking about doing neighborhood destroying shit that I saw on TV. Sounds legit...

This could quite easily be a forum member. Didn't someone (maybe Irish? i can't remember) recently post a sword-making data sheet?.

Ah no. Come to think of it. It was a bow making data sheet. Invaluable. [Image: wink.gif]

Look out for reports of random piercings in the suburbs.

Quote: (12-02-2017 07:17 PM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I was thinking about forging a sword--not really, but just thinking about doing neighborhood destroying shit that I saw on TV. Sounds legit...

Next week: "man accidentally forges sword trying to start massive fire"

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

What an amateur. He should have attempted stock removal method first which would have easily got him sword blank and than bring it to someone for heat treating.

Conscious Pirate, follow up of my bow sheet will be now sword sheet, tnx for getting ideas in my head! [Image: wink.gif]

Has anyone checked the "Post about a manly thing you did today" thread to see if anyone talked about making swords?

And lives in New York?

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Quote: (12-03-2017 06:12 AM)NightVale Wrote:  

Has anyone checked the "Post about a manly thing you did today" thread to see if anyone talked about making swords?

Hahaha. Not NY though. [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (12-03-2017 07:17 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Someone jokingly asks if members have posted here about making swords... And it turns out that a member has ACTUALLY posted about making swords. Sweet looking sword too!

Artist's impression of the start of the fire, which then spread rapidly to other buildings:

[Image: jAw02sq.gif]

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Quote: (12-03-2017 09:53 AM)Horus Wrote:  

Quote: (12-03-2017 07:17 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Someone jokingly asks if members have posted here about making swords... And it turns out that a member has ACTUALLY posted about making swords. Sweet looking sword too!

Yeah, but unfortunately not functional because it was low carbon steel. Anyway, if I do the datasheet I would rather show making a machete, bowie or survival knife, with minimal tools and money needed, than a sword as it requires more resources. It would also be more "functional" as you can take machete or knife to camping trip and reenact Crocodile Dundee in bars instead of waving sword at tatami and bottles in your yard.

At a job I got like 10 years ago they talked in the training about being aware of what coworkers we up to.

This story where a guy manufactured his own sword whilst at work, and then used it to hack the neck of the company bully was the example they cited.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/200...iR7wIhrxPY

DETROIT - A factory worker attacked and killed a fellow employee with a sword the suspect apparently made himself at the metals plant where both men worked, police said Thursday.

Witnesses told police the 30-year-old man had complained he was being bullied by another worker at Peerless Metals, which makes metal powders used in automobile brakes.

The suspect had been working on the sword for several days, apparently at work, and when he finished Wednesday, he struck the 40-year-old victim in the neck, nearly decapitating him, said police spokesman James Tate.

The suspect ran away but later returned to the factory. When police arrived, he was having a beer, authorities said.

No names were immediately released.

The virgin workplace bully has his weak neck severed while the Chad swordsmith forges powerful weapons during his morning break and casually drinks beer after beheading his enemies and going for a morning jog.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

I had a guy who was harassing me constantly at a job about 20 years ago. He was really getting under my skin, until I was spending a fair amount of time stewing about it.

I finally decided to do what the bible says and pray for my enemy. I sure as heck did not feel like praying for God's blessings on him, but I did it.

I don't know if God blessed him, or treated him to one of those "character building opportunities" that he always seems to specialize in. However, I found that all the weight of the situation lifted off my shoulders, and I was able to just ignore him from that point forward.

In any case, I think it was better than taking up sword making.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage