rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Nightgame for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day

Hey Guys,

The year is coming to an end and there is nothing like ending and starting the next with a bang after a year of work. There hasn't been a lot of info on gaming on NYE and NYD in particular. However, it seems like different strategies have to be used in these two days in terms of meeting people and taking it to the next level.Assuming logistics is on point and as a tourist ie. you are staying where the main countdown/fireworks/nightlife happens, how have you gotten the night going in terms of

1. NYE: the venues to hang out - when do you start predrinking(ie. start approaching) and when do you transition from the pub/bar to the countdown venue? How effective is it? Does staying out later guarantee more approach opportunities?

2. NYE: going for the kiss on the stroke of midnight for a girl you just met a little earlier - how successful is this move in escalating?

3. NYE: Is it better to roll solo or in a group?

4. How to avoid the inevitable sausage fest on NYE?

Roosh has written an article citing NYD is the best day to approach people who are up to meet people: http://www.rooshv.com/the-easiest-day-of...o-get-laid

4. NYD: How true do you think the article is? And what is your plan in terms of going out on NYD in terms of types of venues and rolling solo vs in a group?

Cheers

Good topic. I'm gonna be in London with a wingman for NYE and so far I think we staying in a hostel and banging the girls there that want to party could be our best bet.

1. My instincts say that NYE would be a lot like Valentines and you could try to game in a similar way. Although I would think it would probably be much easier to game in the days leading up to NYE as women may get a bit depressed on the day of NYE and be less inclined to be out on that day if they have no date for the evening. In fact, it would probably be much easier to find dates leading up to this NYE date as women start to recognize the scarcity date in the very near future. That being said, I would think it would be easier to get laid if you already had lined up a girl going to a date with you on that night as the big festivities would set the mood well. I am sure finding a girl on NYE day can be done but I am not sure the quality would be as good and the emotional roller coaster may be more problematic than worthwhile.

2. I don't think escalation will be hard at all in a good cocktail bar or a lounge. If you have a date already lined up, the only challenge will be finding a good spot as I am sure all the places fill up fast. I would choose a spot that has darker lighting, good booths and some live music. For example, I liked the The Rum House in Times Square but am sure there are a number of places like this all over NYC. This place has an older crowd so not for pickup but if you have your girl lined up, it makes for a nice spot and you are right in Time Square. If you can get a booth, the atmosphere should be all setup to make escalation easy. Everyone around you will be having a good mood and doing their own escalating so it should be a good setting.

3. I think going solo might work better as you can more easily approach a group of girls and even use the bit about how you are looking for a date for NYE. The group of girls will probably easily sell out the girl or two in their group that doesn't have a date. This may also create an easier opportunity for you to join in whatever events the group of girls is planning on going to.

4. I think the best way to avoid the sausage fest is to go to where the women dominate normally. So pick the places they frequent and avoid the places men frequent. So no sports bars. Go to cocktail bars and classier places. Check out the NYC datasheet for more (thread-8368-...ork+city). But I think the popular list would include places like the Beauty Bar, Pianos, Wayland Bar, etc. But I would be hitting up these places the days prior to NYE rather than on NYE and then take your lined up date to a more lounge like bar where escalation will be easier. In the datasheet, I mention the places I went in Times Square too. It would be an interesting question to think about whether it would be easier to get NYC girls or tourist girls for these dates.

5. I think Roosh is right about NYD. All those women who were shut out on NYE will be eager to make a change for the new year and redeem what they missed on NYE. It will be too fresh on their minds.

Everyone in NYC is looking to bang on NYE. You can definitely pull girls back to your place at midnite and then go back out again at 2am, and again at 4 am.

Go out have fun and talk to everyone.

One of the dumbest lines I've used (and I've used a few) that worked was on a chick I met at 1am on NYD. I ran into a friend from school and she was with friends with his partner. We were all talking, just having fun. After talking to her for a while and getting a few IOI's i just said, "So Veronica, Did you get a New Year's Pash?" Put my hand on her hip, pulled her in and kissed her.
We ended up dating over summer.

There are lots of single people out there looking to hook up, the atmosphere is palpable. Just be fun and sociable without being a clown.
Lots of people get really wasted on the night and take themselves out of the game.

Great replies above. 2 qns:

1. Nothing much has been mentioned about hanging out at the venue of countdown given that its going to be congested around midnight. Do you guys go over for the countdown or isolate back to yours or hers when u get the chance? How would you rate approaching at the countdown venue itself?

2. Bringing a date vs approaching on nye: obviously either is doable in big cities like london or ny but how is it for places of less than 500k?

What's you plan going to be like? In terms of predrinking/bars/city square/clubs and going in a group vs as a date.

I have heard most women say they hate the drunken attempts by "creepy men" to try kiss them at NYE so they have the shields up for sure.

Best bet is to take a new date out, you are bound to get the bang after drinks, fireworks and nostalgia creeps in......

Quote: (11-14-2017 05:07 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Best bet is to take a new date out, you are bound to get the bang after drinks, fireworks and nostalgia creeps in......

I assume that you know the girl before nye.
But, do you go as a couple or as a group and do you hit more venues after the fire works or head back to yours/hers? How do you mean 'nostalgia creeps in'?

I find NYE overrated for an assortment of reasons.

First, yes, lots of girls out but generally all in much larger groups then typically. Many more large sets that see mixed with many of her thirsty guy friends all trying to get it in as well.

Second, logistics issues get muiltiplied by 10x, you may live close to the bar but good luck getting a cab and enjoy being raped by Uber surge (truth is NYE is the most stressful night to work in the service industry. Many cabs drivers don't work NYE because it is a shit show of drunks and calamity).

Next, girls if they made big plans and got a hotel, maybe you get invited but unless you can bang her in the bathroom then the optics of trying to fuck her while 3 of her girl friends are passed out after McDonalds may not be as easy.

Next, everything is jacked up and expensive. Events are ticketed and tis hard to be agile and move on the fly. You have to preplan with advance tickets and if you gamble on a party with a shit crowd you are out of luck.

Next, the prime time of 11pm is best as you want to warm up a girl for 12am. What happens though is that everybody is in and dash to party hop before it gets to 11:30 so it's tricky to lock down your prospect to warm up for 12am (it's a lock if you give her a damn good make out at 12am, but you gotta warm it up first).

Lastly, it's rookie hour. Lots of girls who don't go out much are out (and way to sloppy and drunk which is another issue). Also, this brings out hordes of rookie dudes who are thirsty, have bad game, can't handle the liquor etc. These rookie dudes always leads to scraps and drama. It wasn't NYE for me unless one of my boys passed out, puked, or got in a scrap. Every year it happens.

Because of all of that, I don't touch NYE anymore. It's the worst night of the year to go out IMO and in Canada it oddly always is one of the coldest nights as well. It's too much bullshit just to get a nutt off IMO. What makes it different if I chill on NYE and just get that Nutt the next weekend? Ask yourself how many amazing NYE nights you have had? I have counted less than 4, and have counted many more NYE's of stress and drama.

What I do is stay in NYE and then New Years Day I go hit on all the service workers. All the girls that worked the bars will be out at any quiet lounge that is open New Years Day night. The venues will be quiet as nobody has the energy for back to back night out.

NYE is best done at house parties with good friends, good food, good drinks and a girl you bring. It seals the deal on you getting laid. You most likely won't stay up too late so it fucks up the next day. That's always when I've had the most fun.

Quote: (11-18-2017 08:52 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Next, the prime time of 11pm is best as you want to warm up a girl for 12am. What happens though is that everybody is in and dash to party hop before it gets to 11:30 so it's tricky to lock down your prospect to warm up for 12am (it's a lock if you give her a damn good make out at 12am, but you gotta warm it up first).

Great post. How exactly do you warm her up? Are you talking physical escalation?

To set a context, lets take staying at a backpackers dorm, near the fireworks. How would you go about it?

Solo date is probably the best as usual. But what kind of venue to go to to warm her up? All the bar venues are going to be filled up to the max. I am thinking 10/10.30pm would be the latest to start the drinking at a place.Then start moving out to the countdown venue at about 11.30pm (assuming it is a 10 to 15min walk).
Ramp things up at midnight. Then would you still do venue change to a club or straight back to a dorm? Keeping in mind that its still a dorm, she might still have reservation so is another venue change necessary based on your experiences?

Quote: (11-19-2017 07:49 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Great post. How exactly do you warm her up? Are you talking physical escalation?

To set a context, lets take staying at a backpackers dorm, near the fireworks. How would you go about it?

Solo date is probably the best as usual. But what kind of venue to go to to warm her up? All the bar venues are going to be filled up to the max. I am thinking 10/10.30pm would be the latest to start the drinking at a place.Then start moving out to the countdown venue at about 11.30pm (assuming it is a 10 to 15min walk).
Ramp things up at midnight. Then would you still do venue change to a club or straight back to a dorm? Keeping in mind that its still a dorm, she might still have reservation so is another venue change necessary based on your experiences?

A house party is best. I'll be honest, you'll be hard pressed to maneuver some solo date on NYE. If a girl is going out she is going to be with her friends. Unless you have piped the girl before hand she is going to likely invite her friends.

If you live in a dorm, start now in trying to figure out where the closest party will be.

I don't think NYE is a good date night, but if you must. You'll be better off pitching to her that you two get all dressed up and classes up and attend one of the more formal balls in your city. This will be different then what she is uses to and she will enjoy dressing up. Go early and when it dies down, or RIGHT after countdown bolt and grab a cab back to campus. Suggest you want to change out into something more comfy then start escalating towards the bang.

^Seconded on house parties.

My two NYE bangs have been from house parties on NYE. It’s an affordable option with lots of comfort - the NYE kiss being one of the easiest plausible deniability-comfort building acts of the year. Both those bangs stemmed from seemingly spontaneous “oops wow I wasn’t planning on that” kisses at midnight.

Quote: (11-18-2017 08:04 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Quote: (11-14-2017 05:07 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

I assume that you know the girl before nye.
But, do you go as a couple or as a group and do you hit more venues after the fire works or head back to yours/hers? How do you mean 'nostalgia creeps in'?

Go out as a couple only, less distraction.

After the fireworks, back to the bang. Or better yet, try and "see the new year in with a bang" by getting her to location for the new year. "Lets have a private new years, get away from these noisy drunks"

Most normal people with emotions get "nostalgic" at new years, as they reflect back on the year and even the previous new years.

High emotions = arousal and assists with bang conversion.

Quote: (11-19-2017 08:05 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2017 07:49 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

A house party is best. I'll be honest, you'll be hard pressed to maneuver some solo date on NYE. If a girl is going out she is going to be with her friends. Unless you have piped the girl before hand she is going to likely invite her friends.

If you live in a dorm, start now in trying to figure out where the closest party will be.

I don't think NYE is a good date night, but if you must. You'll be better off pitching to her that you two get all dressed up and classes up and attend one of the more formal balls in your city. This will be different then what she is uses to and she will enjoy dressing up. Go early and when it dies down, or RIGHT after countdown bolt and grab a cab back to campus. Suggest you want to change out into something more comfy then start escalating towards the bang.

Good ideas especially about campus dorms. Its the vacation time so there won't be much students about on campus and with the holidays, those girls still on campus for summer classes etc. are more open to meeting guys to ring in the new yr so for the guys who happen to be on campus during this period, I agree that the key is approaching early, before the christmas or the new year days. Very few of her social circle will be around to pass judgement and lesser students mean lesser competition so not a lot of game is required if your logistics are in place especially if there is a campus bar around to start the night. But student house parties might be tricky because those staying on campus are usually from out of the city but the house parties are with local students and most times these two groups do not mix.

Also, the consensus seems to be that the only venue after countdown is yours or hers, not another bar or club. This means the pressure is on to get the new yr kiss by midnight haha.

@kosko, I was actually referring to backpacker dorms/hostels. Lots of tourists/travellers who don't know each other staying in a city to experience the new year period. In this case, if it is a solo girl, all is good, but what if she has friends as is often the case, would they prioritize having a 'girls night out' or meeting a guy for that night? How would you escalate?
What have been your experiences?

The best night to go out in January is the 1st. If a girl goes out on the first it's because she is single, lonely, and did not have that great a New Year.

Quote: (11-22-2017 10:03 PM)Conquerer7 Wrote:  

The best night to go out in January is the 1st. If a girl goes out on the first it's because she is single, lonely, and did not have that great a New Year.

True. But this brings out another question, what is the intention of most of the girls going out on NYE then? Is it just a girls' night out if they are not bringing a date?

Another issue to ponder is the venue, on NYE, the tourist/backpacker pubs might have potential because the people there might not have been in that city long enough to secure a date. Thoughts?

Quote: (11-24-2017 11:58 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Quote: (11-22-2017 10:03 PM)Conquerer7 Wrote:  

True. But this brings out another question, what is the intention of most of the girls going out on NYE then? Is it just a girls' night out if they are not bringing a date?

Another issue to ponder is the venue, on NYE, the tourist/backpacker pubs might have potential because the people there might not have been in that city long enough to secure a date. Thoughts?

Girls are social creatures and followers, they go out on NYE as it is the socially expected thing for them to do. Only the most introverted of girls will stay in that night, even then she is seldom alone and will spend it with family or one or two of her close friends.

Agree with kosko and realologist. I've always thought NYE to be the most overrated holliday by far in terms of going out and I think it's best spent with family and/or close friends at someone's house reflecting on life.

That being said, if you aren't gonna do that and aren't currently banging or dating someone and want to go out and meet girls, then I would get a hotel room or a hostel in the tourist/hostel area if you're in a big international city. If you're in a smaller city, then I'd still get a hotel room as near as you can to the main nightlife area or maybe in a nicer hotel where they do those in-house parties where you pay like a $100 cover that usually includes drinks all night. You don't want to have to fuck with Uber on NYE.

There are still gonna be plenty of single girls going out on NYE and almost everyone is gonna be drunker than usual. I would be with one or two good friends that night and start drinking early in the hotel room and then wander the hotel several times looking to run into girls. If you do and you're reasonably cool, invite them to hang out and drink in your room before going out. If that happens, they'll probably go out with you guys wherever you end up going and you'll have a huge leg up compared to randoms at the bars.

Quote: (11-11-2017 11:01 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

1. NYE: the venues to hang out - when do you start predrinking(ie. start approaching) and when do you transition from the pub/bar to the countdown venue? How effective is it? Does staying out later guarantee more approach opportunities?

Not having shit game mitgitates that. Ideally, SPAM COLD APPROACH!
Approach everyone male or female.
Dudes = wings/new friends
Babes = pulls/ONS/FWB

Quote:Quote:

2. NYE: going for the kiss on the stroke of midnight for a girl you just met a little earlier - how successful is this move in escalating?

GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

By midnight, I am going for finger bang and or bathroom pull natural Tim Style!

3. NYE: Is it better to roll solo or in a group?

SPAMMING COLD APPROACH, I usually lose my mates along the way anyway. I would prefer to go out with naturals, the few cool puas I've met (who actually don't mental masturbate about pickup or obsess in a creep way while never pulling), and of course, BEGIN IMMEDIATELY the sec you leave your house.

You don't need a fake fucking mustache or wig to do so. Leave your card and magic tricks at home.

4. How to avoid the inevitable sausage fest on NYE?

Pick better venues. I usually prefer posh bars or clubs over dive bars, and clubs without dress code. less likely to get into fights, less fat women, and guys who think they are hard.

Roosh has written an article citing NYD is the best day to approach people who are up to meet people: http://www.rooshv.com/the-easiest-day-of...o-get-laid

4. NYD: How true do you think the article is? And what is your plan in terms of going out on NYD in terms of types of venues and rolling solo vs in a group?

Cheers

I wont over analyze it or over think. I just run game accordingly but, NYE is intense so, a lot of spamming sets, no locked on target, and just seeing which is taking that night.

I hate Nye. I agree that the best thing is a house party, or renting out a chalet or whatever with friends and their social circle with some new circles.

It's also a good night to bang girls that are in your circle but you didn't have a chance to date or whatever. Like your friend's girlfriend's friends and such.

But going out to clubs and shit, Nye is the worst. People who don't usually go out are out and are lame and everywhere is crowded as shit and traffic sucks and everyone paid 200-300$ for the night so noones leaving early plus you're gonna get shitfaced and by the time people actually wanna leave you have alcohol coming out of your ears so I usually ditch the banging plans in favor of a couple of chicken shawarma as the sun rises.

I'm a Nye Grinch.

When I went to London with my buddy for New Years, we had the easiest bang in our lives, but it was just luck.

We were going to our main Pub and 2 girls came in. I told my buddy (in German): "Damn these girls are hot" and one of them told me: "Hey dankeschön".

The rest was easy.

That said, I don't get why New Years should be special got get laid from any other Saturday night.

Quote: (12-07-2017 08:40 PM)Beirut Wrote:  

I hate Nye. I agree that the best thing is a house party, or renting out a chalet or whatever with friends and their social circle with some new circles.

It's also a good night to bang girls that are in your circle but you didn't have a chance to date or whatever. Like your friend's girlfriend's friends and such.

But going out to clubs and shit, Nye is the worst. People who don't usually go out are out and are lame and everywhere is crowded as shit and traffic sucks and everyone paid 200-300$ for the night so noones leaving early plus you're gonna get shitfaced and by the time people actually wanna leave you have alcohol coming out of your ears so I usually ditch the banging plans in favor of a couple of chicken shawarma as the sun rises.

I'm a Nye Grinch.

This!

I think a chalet or airbnb, somewhere on the dt strip, and spot for after party is so money. Like, you do everything you can running game through the night. You spam cold approach (obv, more goes into this then spamming but, note the volume indicated vs perfect 9/10 excuses). If nothing, I am rampaging through the streets, spamming girl after girl. I once pulled a girl from a hot dog stand and instant dated through to chicken rice curry. I got blow outs all night until then lol

I swear I am the rock Balboa of pickup. I haven't heard no bell.

Kosko has said everything that needs to be said.

Unless you're an extrovert and going out primarily to have a good time with friends (and it's something you're naturally inclined to do anyway), don't do it.

House parties are a yes.

Otherwise, stay in. Hit the clubs the following weekend.

It will be slow, as many will be broke and still mentally recovering from the week prior. But the girls that go out are extra keen.