rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2017 Hurricane Harvey
017 Hurricane Harvey
Its looks pretty bad. 16 to 17 feet of water in Houston. Trump is doing a lot it sounds like from his tweets. But the mayor advised the people from leaving. Now tons are stuck at there homes.

Quote:[/url]

Quote:

Quote:
Hope this doesn't turn into another Katrina.

[url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/08/27/harvey-is-causing-epic-catastrophic-flooding-in-houston-why-wasnt-the-city-evacuated/?utm_term=.f3bd9548d7e0]https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...bd9548d7e0

Quote:Quote:

On Saturday morning, as Hurricane Harvey’s powerful winds and rain caused severe damage to coastal communities, the Houston mayor warned people there would be heavy rain and flooding in the city for the next four to five days — but once again emphasized they did not need to evacuate. Turner also addressed concerns that Abbott and local officials had sent conflicting messages about what was safer: fleeing or staying in place.

“I think the governor and I both agree that this is a serious and unprecedented storm,” Turner said Saturday on “Good Morning America.” While everyone had agreed the Southeast Texas cities of Victoria and Rockport needed to be evacuated, as they were in the direct line of the hurricane, Houston and Harris County were different.

“For Houston, Harris County, the county judge and I both agreed that for us this was a major rainfall event and so there was no need to evacuate. We are asking people to stay off the streets,” Turner said. “Quite frankly, leaving your homes, getting on the streets, you’ll be putting yourself in more danger and not making yourself safer. And so, we’re just asking people to hunker down.”

However, reports and images from Houston and Harris County showed it was increasingly difficult for people to do so.
017 Hurricane Harvey
Houston is so big it is impossible to evacuate for anything. People have to wait it out. Damn those old people are in some deep shit.
017 Hurricane Harvey
[Image: attachment.jpg37464]   

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
017 Hurricane Harvey
Man, that pic of buffalo bayou...that used to be my old hood. Wish all the Houston members the best.

David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king's son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage. 1 Samuel 18:27
017 Hurricane Harvey
[Image: fb3354mgu9iz.png]

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech
017 Hurricane Harvey
[Image: 11334649_830807740321334_1400154790_n.jpg]

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm
017 Hurricane Harvey
[Image: 67e.jpg]
017 Hurricane Harvey
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/28/us/harvey-...index.html

[Image: 170828102007-statue-survived-harvey-exlarge-169.jpg]

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.
017 Hurricane Harvey
Surprised there's only 30k in shelters, 450k 'victims' reported displaced. There's millions of people in that area.
017 Hurricane Harvey
Two Drudge headlines:
Why wasn't city evacuated?
First Orders Given Days After Told People to Stay...

Compare this to the scrutiny GW got, and continues to get, after Hurricane Katrina.

Now understand, the reason I noticed at all is because I get annoyed with any blame placed on "the people in charge". What annoyed me about Katrina was how everyone pointed the finger at some higher up (in that case GW). As if it's anyone's responsibility except your own, to watch hurricanes when you live on the ocean below sea level. Oh, you didn't realize the potential danger? Sorry. You should. I live in the north, and if I don't understand that I could freeze to death without power in the winter, too bad for me.

So one little line is fine. I'm ok with one little headline, why didn't they evacuate. That's how it should be. Terrible disaster, natural, couldn't be stopped...and *maybe* we made the wrong decision, in hindsight 20/20.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”
017 Hurricane Harvey
Didn't Houston get fucked over last time with evacuations? Gridlock was so bad people got caught in cars when the storm started to hit, folks for desperate and started doing U-Turns driving against traffic in the medians and roughed to escape the traffic?
017 Hurricane Harvey
You can't order ~5 million people to evacuate and not expect gridlock, shortages, and chaos to ensue.

Follow up - where are 5 million people going to go 'for a couple of days?'
017 Hurricane Harvey
"George Bush doesn't care about black people."

-Kanye West
017 Hurricane Harvey
Quote:[/url]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/902257244041080835]

This is fast!
017 Hurricane Harvey
Is the MSM reporting on the looters chasing the Cajun Navy away? I'm not seeing it.
017 Hurricane Harvey

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm
017 Hurricane Harvey
I'm seeing some chatter about Joel Osteen not opening his church for flood victims. News outlets are putting a slant on it like he was at the door turning people away.

Anyone know the real story ?

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.
017 Hurricane Harvey
Quote: (08-29-2017 08:57 AM)Sam Malone Wrote:  

I'm seeing some chatter about Joel Osteen not opening his church for flood victims. News outlets are putting a slant on it like he was at the door turning people away.

Anyone know the real story ?

Twitter users are trying to make it sound like they guilt tripped him into opening the doors. Reading between the media lines it sounded like he waited until he was sure the dindunuffins were not going to loot the place before he decided to open it up.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham
017 Hurricane Harvey
I've been glued non stop to the local ABC affiliate watching coverage of rescuers. Pretty amazing stuff. Doesn't hurt that their weather girl is also pretty hot

ABC13 - Houston Live Feed

[Image: 20987609_142803616322278_6361853997199917056_n.jpg]
017 Hurricane Harvey
Just dropping in to send my good vibes to the people of Texas (especially forum members) affected by the Hurricane and the resulting flooding in Houston. Texans and Albertans often share a similar worldview, so I'm confident things will work out alright.

That said, I was still a lurker on here in 2013 when Calgary was underwater and as terrible as it was here it wasn't even half as bad as things look in Houston.

Stay safe.
017 Hurricane Harvey
Even though people are saying evacuation was unrealistic for Houston, the people of the area don't seem to think so. The mayor is gone next election.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.
017 Hurricane Harvey
I like how the weather girls advice for everyone in this time of crisis is "Download our app!"

Good luck to everyone out there though. Be safe.

Aloha!
017 Hurricane Harvey
Quote: (08-29-2017 12:57 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Even though people are saying evacuation was unrealistic for Houston, the people of the area don't seem to think so. The mayor is gone next election.

I would not jump the gun on that. Some of those saying that, may not have been here for Rita or did not try to evacuate for Rita. I did and was stranded on I-10 because too many tried to get out. I remember many laughing at those who left, because Rita took a sharp right turn.

Then Ike hit and not many left. We all got burned on that because no one wanted to leave and get stuck on the interstates like with Rita. We just had no power for 2 weeks- 3 weeks. No flooding if I recall correctly.

Kosko had it right. Our city is too fucking big to evacuate. Considerably bigger than 2008 and 2009 now with all the "refugees" from Cali, Chicago, Florida, and NY etc.

You know if we had a rail system between states or other large cities... maybe it would have helped? No idea. If Los Angeles had a disaster of some kind and people tried to flee it, you will see what happened to us during Rita and see that it just makes shit worse.

Too bad we are not like China and can overhaul our drainage/canal systems to stop flooding like this. We cannot take people's land and make new systems in place to make the city better. It's pretty much hopeless and it's not because we do not have the technology as a society to engineer a solution.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
017 Hurricane Harvey
News is saying that water is pouring over the levees now, which can erode them to the point of fully breaking. Shit could get alot worse.
017 Hurricane Harvey
CNN posts article saying Trump is bad for visiting Texas.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/29/opinions/i...index.html

Every helicopter supporting a Trump visit to Texas in response to Hurricane Harvey is a helicopter not picking survivors off rooftops.

Because Marine One fucking does rescue missions.

It is particularly arresting after he credited the expected ratings boost from hurricane coverage with providing the right forum for his Friday night pardon of former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio. So there is reason to be skeptical about his motivation for the visit.

A president visiting a serious disaster zone isn't to show support and improve morale, its clearly a political ploy. Unless its Obama or Clinton, of course.

I don't know why I keep trolling myself and visiting CNN... its really bad for my blood pressure.

At least they got the photo right, although I'm sure it was just to trigger leftists by showing him holding a southern state's flag:

[Image: 170829160449-17-harvey-0829-trump-flag-large-tease.jpg]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT