rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Maximizing Tinder Matches Based on ELO Score and Swiping

I know there is already a tinder mega-thread devoted to talking all-things-tinder, but given the importance of this app for many of our successes, I thought it might help to make a thread specifically devoted to compiling our collective knowledge about ELO scores and maximizing matches based on swiping.

Obviously we are all clear at this point that if you want to be successful on tinder you need good pics and a tight profile. That is clear and if you don't have that you should get to work on it before bothering with the rest. But, provided you have these things:

To make a long story short it's been a while since i've been back on tinder and I noticed some changes since a few years ago. When I used to use it (eg 2013-2015), I pretty much liked as many girls as I wanted and generally got a ton of matches with hotties. Granted, I didn't use an auto-liker app and only swiped girls I found attractive, but never had any issues generating a lot of matches with hot chicks fairly quickly. Tinder was still really popular two years ago, so I don't think the issue is that the market wasn't saturated before, either.

Fast forward to now, and things seem to have changed a bit (pardon my absence to those saying "no shit" at this point). I've spent quite a while reading about ELO scores and how they work, and they still seem fairly elusive because no one knows exactly what they are based on. So, i'm curious about your guys' experiences.

From the prior tinder thread, I see some guys recommending a strategy that they create a new FB with a throwaway email every so often, create a new apple userid and buy a new tinder subscription, and then they will apparently get a "boost" that increases their matches for 48 hours until a new ELO score is generated. These guys then recommend to only swipe 5-10 girls at first and wait 24 hours---then afterwards only like another 5-10 that are likely "sure matches" and wait another 24 hours, to make sure your ELO gets set well because presumingly girls that swipe right on you will appear at the top of your deck.

Can other people attest to this strategy working? What other strategies have you guys tried? Is the age of "auto likers" really truly dead? I ask because this guy made a pretty recent video saying they still worked for him with evidence and he was pretty normal looking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcrS-fvOyZI.

I am also curious if anyone has tried this location trick: http://wheretoswipe.com/the-tinder-trick/

Also, given this new ELO algorithm, is it true we shouldn't swipe large amounts at a time (eg 30+ an hour, a few hundred a day in a large city) because it can nuke ELO scores?

Also curious how often you guys reset your tinder -- and what method do you use to do it (eg new fb account or same but delete tinder account and "unlink it" on FB?). Obviously not ideal to have chicks seeing your face over and over if using the same main profile pic. Also, does anyone have any thoughts on if they do the ELO score by mobile number you use to verify your account and not your FB account? Curious...obviously getting better tinder matches would save us a lot of time and money spent in other places for those who like online game.

I'm seeing some of the info and advice I shared in your post. Keep in mind that I merely took material I found elsewhere on the Internet and that my personal experience is limited because of poor pictures, although I have experimented with fake better looking profiles to assess the viability of certain strategies when I do get better pictures.

A few things

-I definitely would recommend following the advice you've described regarding swiping. The days of mass swiping hundreds of girls a day are over. You have to adapt by severely reigning in how much you swipe. Good news is that it'll motivate you into treating online game as a supplement, which it should be.

-The mindset men should have with online dating (and social media) is that it's analogous to a machine that runs in the background and does work for you while you're busy with everything else. Farming, not hunting. Dividends, not wages. Therefore, spend a lot of time and effort AT THE START on building a high quality "machine" (pictures, descriptions, etc) and just let it run in the background (check in maybe twice a week, not every day).

-Tinder specifically is more p2p oriented these days. It's the most popular app, so they're not letting go of the monetization potential anytime soon. You can still get results without shelling out the shekels, but accept it won't be the same as the heyday of when it first came out. Good news is that it isn't too pricey.. Just but 25 boosts in one go and use twice a week. It'll last you a while. Sunday nights and Wednesday nights recommended.

Good points. Would you mind commenting on what effect the boosts have on your matching vs how you would typically match? Any thoughts on the effects of super likes?

On my real (shit) profile which basically consists of me standing on a nighttime Brooklyn street at different angles, I get 1 match a week, and with boost... Maybe 3. I haven't done hard research though, and keep in mind that your profile will probably be a bit better (mine just needs a few adjustments before it skyrockets).

On a profile of my friend (garden variety 5'11 nerd who's not model looking but dresses decently), I think he gets around 10 matches a week. IIRC a boost gets him about the same amount in a day.

Experimenting right now with pics of Paul Janka for the lols. Notably, if I try mass swiping several hundred at a time, I get a decent amount of of quality back, but notably it's not a high return rate (out of 400 its 20 who match back acceptably fast enough). Keep in mind that past a certain point (like 20 at a time) there's not much to gain from an abundance of matches because it starts feeling like a chore. I think the good news is that you just need to get GOOD ENOUGH for that minimum threshold of abundance, and it's smooth sailing from there. You don't need to match with 400 girls in a week. Match with 20 and have enough game to pull 2 / week. That's the idea

Also, from my experiments.

Super liking on a shit profile = next to 0 returns.

On a decent profile = returns once in a while. Refrain from doing it on girls with higher smv. It can also make you look supplicating but if she matches back you can just correct it with witty banter.

On a model profile = more returns, but not as much as one might expect.

From my understanding, Tinder does penalize you some way for mass swiping.

However, you will still likely yield the same match % (with much less effort) from mass swiping and selectively swiping.

Quote: (05-13-2017 10:32 PM)block123 Wrote:  

Can other people attest to this strategy working? What other strategies have you guys tried? Is the age of "auto likers" really truly dead? I ask because this guy made a pretty recent video saying they still worked for him with evidence and he was pretty normal looking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcrS-fvOyZI.

That guy has it so optimized, love it! Obviously he is playing the numbers game so even if the algorithm penalizes his mass swiping, he still gets 100s of matches so it doesn't matter. You may lose attractive ones, but with so many million women on earth, who cares.

Note that he could just add a couple lines of code to randomly swipe left on a % of profiles. It would be very interesting to do both strategies and compare results actually. I may do that some day if I get bored.

I do what I call selective mass swiping... I will swipe left on a percent of profiles to keep the algorithm happy. You can increase the distance/age so you left swipe on those profiles and don't lose prospects.

But for me as I said on the main tinder thread... the best results come from setting my location somewhere easy (latin america/SEA) and collect a few hundred matches in a few hours.

I do this once every 1 or 2 months and I find all those matches put me back in the "hot guy pool" and I get double the matches in my real location.

But once you return to your "home" location, don't you get recalibrate to where you were before you spoofed?

It will balance each other out.

Quote: (05-13-2017 11:14 PM)MathGuy Wrote:  

I'm seeing some of the info and advice I shared in your post. Keep in mind that I merely took material I found elsewhere on the Internet and that my personal experience is limited because of poor pictures, although I have experimented with fake better looking profiles to assess the viability of certain strategies when I do get better pictures.

A few things

-I definitely would recommend following the advice you've described regarding swiping. The days of mass swiping hundreds of girls a day are over. You have to adapt by severely reigning in how much you swipe. Good news is that it'll motivate you into treating online game as a supplement, which it should be.

-The mindset men should have with online dating (and social media) is that it's analogous to a machine that runs in the background and does work for you while you're busy with everything else. Farming, not hunting. Dividends, not wages. Therefore, spend a lot of time and effort AT THE START on building a high quality "machine" (pictures, descriptions, etc) and just let it run in the background (check in maybe twice a week, not every day).

-Tinder specifically is more p2p oriented these days. It's the most popular app, so they're not letting go of the monetization potential anytime soon. You can still get results without shelling out the shekels, but accept it won't be the same as the heyday of when it first came out. Good news is that it isn't too pricey.. Just but 25 boosts in one go and use twice a week. It'll last you a while. Sunday nights and Wednesday nights recommended.

Why?

Quote: (05-14-2017 09:22 AM)NextStop100 Wrote:  

But once you return to your "home" location, don't you get recalibrate to where you were before you spoofed?

It will balance each other out.

It does after a few days or a week, but by then I have enough matches to keep my dick busy for a while.

It basically works like a boost, but it's free.

I don't like to reset my profile because then I lose my library of old matches. It's pretty useful to look back through all the chats and see what kind of openers worked, didn't work, how I responded to certain conversational situations, what kind of date proposals worked, etc. I like having all this data because it helps me calibrate and improve my game, and sometimes I will borrow a line from the past. Also I have a backlog of matches that I never hit up, and when things are dry, I will work through them. Surprisingly, even matches that are super old sometimes will bite.

I never use any kind of auto-swiper, just go through one by one, and I read the bios too. This is inefficient but I enjoy the process and it has become part of my life.

I swipe selectively, don't count but probably ends up being 30-40% right swipes. This feels like the sweet spot. When I got too selective (say 10-20%) I felt like my account was being penalized. Also, I read somewhere that it helps your ELO score to swipe right on 10s even if you don't match, as it displays high self-esteem, I feel like this has helped my score. Exchanging numbers with a girl definitely helps your score so make sure you are converting your matches!

I usually save my matches through the week and send a bunch of initial messages on Sunday afternoon through Monday evening. That way, I have the rest of the week to game them. I find that often conversations die out on the Friday-Saturday stretch as people are busy and things lose momentum.

What does an auto-liker app do? I bought the Flame for Tinder app a year ago and havent swiped since.

@Heart Break Kid: Sunday nights because it's when girls are bored and free. Wednesday nights because on Thursday/Friday they might already have things planned for the upcoming weekend, which is the time you'll ideally be scheduling meetups for.

If you want to save money and Boost only once a week, I would stick to Sunday nights.

@Savemham Lincoln, could you please clarify what the Flame app does and if it works? I assume if you don't swipe, than it is auto liking for you. If that is the case, I think I can speak for many here that we are very curious if you are still matching often. If you are, then the whole ELO concern is blown out.

If it isn't an auto-liker (it's exactly what it sounds like--will auto like an entire network so you dont have to manually), then what does it do? I heard about apps that could "tell you if you'd been liked before" years ago but was really skeptical. Seems like it would be GREAT for your ELO score though, if it worked.

Quote: (05-14-2017 10:11 PM)block123 Wrote:  

@Savemham Lincoln, could you please clarify what the Flame app does and if it works? I assume if you don't swipe, than it is auto liking for you. If that is the case, I think I can speak for many here that we are very curious if you are still matching often. If you are, then the whole ELO concern is blown out.

If it isn't an auto-liker (it's exactly what it sounds like--will auto like an entire network so you dont have to manually), then what does it do? I heard about apps that could "tell you if you'd been liked before" years ago but was really skeptical. Seems like it would be GREAT for your ELO score though, if it worked.

This is exactly what it does. I've been surprised all this time reading about Tinder strategies yet never seeing apps like Flame mentioned.

I have more matches than I know what to do with which ironically made me use the platform less. I just import the non-flaky ones I like to WhatsApp and when the well starts to deplenish I head back to Tinder/Flame to dig up one or two.

Hmmm. Can you confirm if this app is still functional? There is a lot of info online that all tinder API apps stopped working 1 month or so ago. Also, it is not possible from what I could find to download tinder flame, companion, etc anywhere on the apple store online. Not sure if someone found a way to hack it on Android or something...

The app is functional but I see that they have removed it from the apple store. It's still working perfectly fine on my iPhone

Quote: (05-16-2017 03:00 AM)Savemham Lincoln Wrote:  

The app is functional but I see that they have removed it from the apple store. It's still working perfectly fine on my iPhone

Question: Is the Flame App 100% correct in the matches it shows you? Or does it sometimes show you a girl who has supposedly swiped right on you, when in fact she has not?

I ask because it is my understanding that the API does not provide this info, and apps that offer this info are using some type of predictive algorithm.

Quote: (05-16-2017 06:15 AM)Jack_Smith Wrote:  

Quote: (05-16-2017 03:00 AM)Savemham Lincoln Wrote:  

Question: Is the Flame App 100% correct in the matches it shows you? Or does it sometimes show you a girl who has supposedly swiped right on you, when in fact she has not?

I ask because it is my understanding that the API does not provide this info, and apps that offer this info are using some type of predictive algorithm.

It does in fact do that. It happens rarely though. Racial divide is a serious thing where I am from so every once in a while I see a bunch of pretty white girls show up and I know that the app is having one of those episodes. Happens maybe every few weeks as a spike.

You've just made me understand why it happens. Thanks.

Do you guys know if there is any way to install an app not listed on the app store? I looked pretty widely online and couldn't find out how to get it. It seems there also isn't flame for android, so there's no way to spoof it using bluestacks. Any other reliable apps that also work for iphone or android?

Quote: (05-16-2017 02:10 PM)block123 Wrote:  

Do you guys know if there is any way to install an app not listed on the app store? I looked pretty widely online and couldn't find out how to get it. It seems there also isn't flame for android, so there's no way to spoof it using bluestacks. Any other reliable apps that also work for iphone or android?

Yes:

http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

You'll need to find the IPA for Tinder++ if you can find it on the internet. My complaint with this method is it only runs for 7 days and you have to re-certify it using Impactor on a computer.

There's also jailbreaking.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Anyone ever have their account go completely ghost on them? I have Tinder+ and have been using it for a year in different locations without any issues but about a month ago I just straight up stopped getting matches. Not less, but none at all. Not sure if it's a coincidence but this started shortly after I cleared all of my existing matches. I tried making a new Tinder with a brand new FB account/phone # and same pictures but same thing, I can swipe forever but 0 matches no matter what. Including a boost. Somebody save me please.

Quote: (05-18-2017 05:24 AM)el mavericko Wrote:  

Anyone ever have their account go completely ghost on them? I have Tinder+ and have been using it for a year in different locations without any issues but about a month ago I just straight up stopped getting matches. Not less, but none at all. Not sure if it's a coincidence but this started shortly after I cleared all of my existing matches. I tried making a new Tinder with a brand new FB account/phone # and same pictures but same thing, I can swipe forever but 0 matches no matter what. Including a boost. Somebody save me please.

Quote: (05-15-2017 12:45 PM)block123 Wrote:  

Hmmm. Can you confirm if this app is still functional? There is a lot of info online that all tinder API apps stopped working 1 month or so ago. Also, it is not possible from what I could find to download tinder flame, companion, etc anywhere on the apple store online. Not sure if someone found a way to hack it on Android or something...

Lincoln I'm not using any of the apps, just plain old Tinder.

Perhaps this could help your "score":

Quote:Quote:

Good to know: When you first show up in a new location, whether you're actually there or passporting, your profile gets a visibility boost similar to the noob boost for new accounts. It also lasts about two days. This is meant to help tourists along, so they don't have to wait too long to be noticed, as otherwise they might already be home again by the time the matches start rolling in. A nice bonus (if the people like you where you're passporting) is the fact that this influences your score. So if you find a place on earth where you're just the local's type, you can improve your score by passporting there and keeping that setting for a few days

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tinder/comments...faq_guide/

So maybe reset your profile (look at the above link for info), set your location to SEA, then set it back to wherever you're from

Though your score could just go down over time in your home location if you aren't that attractive (get better pics)

New Post:
Men’s Style Guide: For Guys Who Want to Get Laid

You aren't getting laid because you still believe in "game".

Here's how I went from being a 21-year-old, videogame-addicted, Asian virgin to banging too many girls to count (no PUA bs):

https://whiteknightrises.com/start-here

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)