rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Johannesburg, South Africa [Datasheet]

After a lurking for a long time and gleaning priceless information on RVF for the last year and a half it is time to give back and I will do so by shining further light on “the dark continent”.

Johannesburg is a tier 1 city and houses the business hub of Africa. Most luxuries you would expect from cities in developed countries can be found here all the way down to fast food chains and online services. While most think it is the capital of SA, that is not the case. The capital of SA is Pretoria, which I will include in the datasheet as they are only 25km apart and the latter would not warrant its own data sheet.

Johannesburg consists of four areas, namely East Rand, West Rand, Jhb North and Jhb South. For tourist purposes you will be sticking mostly to the north, which is the more affluent area and where the good night spots are concentrated. In Pretoria you will want to be in Pretoria East. Videos showcasing the two areas below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z90AJnWfczU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNGpklQ_97Y

Race Relations: One cannot talk about South Africa without touching on race as it is a big part of relations in SA. Racial segregation in the form of Apartheid was law up until 1994 which was in the lifetime of majority of adults so many of the divisions still exist both socially and geographically. The main racial groups are black, white, coloured (mixed) and indian. When you go to a venue for social purposes there will tend to be a dominant race and the differences go beyond just colour. They extend to the culture, vibe, formalities etc.

Currency: The South African Rand is currently R12.50 to 1 USD. Exchange can be done at practically any large mall and VISA/MasterCard cards work at most places you will be going to.

Language: There are nine official languages in South Africa with English being the first language and spoken by everybody.

Cost of Living: The cost of living in SA is low by western standards but the available amenities are top shelf. You can enjoy certified 5 star amenities at a fraction of what you would pay in the west.
Accommodation: Airbnb, guest houses and hotels depending on your budget.

Getting around: If you are staying over a longer term you can rent a car, otherwise, UBER is your friend. There are alternative public transport means which are much cheaper but far less desirable, complicated to use, and not safe.

Safety: Johannesburg is like any other big city with unequal income distribution. There are nice places and there are unsafe places. A general rule is stay away from the city centre or the townships/ghetto/hoods. There are exceptions to this rule which I will elaborate in the entertainment section. Just ask your Uber driver when in doubt.

Health concerns: Geographically constrained diseases are not a risk in Jhb but if you are going to go on Safaris or that kind of stuff in a province like Mpumalanga you need to take Malaria preventing medicine or a vaccine. HIV is a pandemic. ALWAYS use protection. I personally would not go raw anywhere in the world because it has been drilled in us so hard all through our education. Some people still do but this is the last place in the world you want to go unprotected so don’t do it.

Women: Desmond Tutu coined the dreamy term Rainbow Nation in 1994. Basically, you can find women of most persuasions. The main groups are as follows:

Black women:
Black women in general are traditional and feminine. Westernization and feminism does have a trace here with the more formally educated women, but compared to the outcries on the forum it is negligible. If you like wide hips, thighs and specifically big booties I don’t think there is any place in the world the compares to this (see Note). If you have game you will clean up here. I have a friend who put me on game and it is rare that we have an unsuccessful night. Just last night we went to a party and between the two of us we commandeered 8 women (he came with 3 and I hoarded the other I hoarded the others when we got there. No exaggeration, if you have even any semblance of game this place is your oyster.

White women: They are split into English (Anglo-saxon heritage) and Afrikaans (Dutch heritage). The latter tend to be on the more traditional and very conservative. Physically their good features are slim bodies and defined legs with developed calves. Racks are touch and go. Reports are that the best looking ones tend to be Afrikaans but they are also the toughest to crack because of their conservative, sometimes isolationist culture. For the brothas, who prefer vanilla, you can make it work here, especially if you are good reading and converting from non-verbals. Your ROI will just pale in comparison to any other group.

Coloured women:
The best of both worlds, think Latina. Enough said.

Indian women:
They are either raised somewhat liberally or very conservative, like in most places. There are many with gorgeous faces. If they are you cup of tea there are plenty to go around.

Note:
“ But where the best at? Ain't no need in even asking Brah,
The best women are reside in Africa, and that's real” – Ludacris on Pimpin’ All Over the World ( shortly after his concert in Jhb)

ENTERTAINMENT

Nightlife: Again, the nightclubs are either predominantly back or predominantly white. An indian club here or there. Coloured people tend to be found at the same place as black people. Drinks are between R30 and R50 for a beer or a shot.

Predominantly black clubs:
Kong, Taboo, Cocoon and Harem are the places to go in Jhb North. The quality of the women as I observed is highest at Kong. Taboo is most popular but I find the quality unimpressive and the place ratchet. Vanity in Pretoria also has good quality girls, the place is a sweatbox though and bottle service is almost a must just so you can sit have the option of having a seat. At R1300 a bottle (~$100) I would recommend the option if you are with friends or a wingman or two as it would come up to around the same you would be drinking and is an automatic DHV if the main objective is getting the lay.

In terms of game, your only competition is rich boys/providers or regular joes who buy bottle service and sit in VIP to be seen and usually leave alone or with the same girls they came with.

https://www.facebook.com/sumonightclub/?ref=br_rs
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=vanity%20pta

Predominantly white clubs:
I’m not too clued up on what’s hot here since it is not my scene but a google search yielded Madison Avenue and FB page shows promise. My Caucasian friend usually hits bars, Hooters and places like that.
https://www.facebook.com/madisonavenuerivonianightclub/

Daygame: There are plenty of malls that you can cruise for daygame. Sandton City, Nelson Mandela Square and Waterfall Mall are the big ones in Jhb. In Pretoria, Menlyn, Woodlands and Centurion Mall are good.
For places next to Universities your best bets are in the Hatfield area near University of Pretoria for the higher concentration of snowflakes, Campus Square, Auckland Park (near University of Johannesburg) and Braamfontein near University of Witwatersrand (De Beer Street is where the bars are) for the chocoholics.

Maboneng Precint: Remember when I said stay away from the city centre or the hood? This is an exception. It is a gentrified area of downtown Jhb and where you will find a more mixed crowd with regards to race. The Living Room is a nice spot to chill and have drinks and there are a lot of artsy and trendy places around. You can Uber there and security is very good there within the bounds of the precint. A definite must-visit. http://www.mabonengprecinct.com/
https://www.instagram.com/explore/locati...-precinct/

On Sunday you can hit Fourways Farmer’s Market which is very popular and prime spot to scouting.
https://www.ffmarket.co.za/

Vilakazi Street:
Another exception, this one in the hood. This is the street where Mandela and used to stay and it has become a tourist destination with decent bars and lounges to boot. This is the ideal opportunity to get the South AFRICAN feel in Jhb in a social setting.

Conclusion
This datasheet is geared more towards gaming so I did not cover the touristy stuff. Johannesburg is a great city to visit. People are warm and friendly here, the weather is great, and with a moderate amount of game and at a comparatively low cost you can ball out and have the time of your life.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the datasheet, I always love when SA getting some attention here in my opinion it is very underrated here on the forum.

I agree race is still the biggest issue in SA that also means that nightlife and day game venues would differ a lot. From a white guys perspective Sandton is the best area in my opinion.

But if you go to Gauteng as white guy nothing beats Pretoria. Hot Afrikaans girls and relatively good logistics if you stay close the Haftield Square.

Quote: (12-30-2017 01:00 PM)superschalk Wrote:  

But if you go to Gauteng as white guy nothing beats Pretoria. Hot Afrikaans girls and relatively good logistics if you stay close the Haftield Square.

I had forgotten mention areas near universities. Good looking out.

Great datasheet, thanks for putting it together.

I just checked airbnb, which I usually use to get a general sense of what costs will be in a given location, and it doesn't look like Johannesburg is all that much more expensive than SEA. I'm sure the actual costs of drinks, food, transportation and the like are a completely different issue, but it seems like a city where you can live or vacation well for pretty cheap. I've looked into a lot of cities in West Africa and from what I remember the airbnb costs weren't that far off those in the West. That was discouraging, but I figured it was because they were taking advantage of the Western dollars because I assume it'd be hard to find a place during something like a 2 week visit other than a hotel or airbnb for your average first time visitor that isn't savvy to these things. That or the housing market follows different rules. Look at Monrovia for instance. I'm not sure what the situation is on the ground in terms of safety and cost and all that, but the airbnb prices are ridiculous.

I've finally decided to set my world travel ambitions in order and Africa is certainly on the list. The goal though is basically to bounce around from country to country (think at least 2 weeks up to a month in each spot), especially in places where the costs are favorable (SEA, Africa, Latin America, etc). I don't think Africa will be coming up anytime soon on my list, but not because I don't like the women, costs, nature, and ability to see a new way of life. It's just that it's a huge continent and as far as I can tell it isn't that easy to bounce around. I'm comparing that to paying $40 or so and spending 2.5 hours on an AirAsia plane in SEA for instance, or the fact that there are fewer countries in South America than Africa. Mainly though I'm not at a point where I can just travel all year long or have location independence down.

As far as I can remember I've only ever met one girl from South Africa here in the states, and she was black. She was easily an 8 in terms of looks, and honestly I wouldn't be hesitant to give her a 9. She immediately asked me to visit her at her church during the initial conversation, and because I was leaving the city I met her in (my hometown) a couple of weeks later I didn't pursue her much and she went radio silent soon after.

A couple of questions for you.

I'm American born but of Middle Eastern descent. I basically look like a relatively light Lebanese. I get that guess more than anything else, and most Arabs think that is what I am. Game aside, and I know game is possibly the most relevant issue here, how do you think my look/race will play into the female situation? I've heard in places like Nigeria there is a large Lebanese community, but I'm not sure how that would play into it even there. I wouldn't be surprised if getting quality women in South Africa would be very easy relatively (compared to the West) for a good looking guy with decent to good game of any race. Just wondering.

Not sure if this is the right mode of thought, but how would a white guy with good looks and game do with those different racial groups? I ask because I would imagine you didn't see as many Mid Eastern Americans walking around as white Americans or Europeans.

Last question, I know you said you were having success basically every night out, but can you explain that a bit? I ask not to question you, but because some guys define success as girls being all over them and getting makeouts but not lays, while others only define success by lays and such.

I guess what I'm trying to gauge is where on the scale Joh falls between Makati, Manila where they say it *can* be as easy as ordering up a different girl on tinder or walking around town and getting easily laid by a new girl every day (talking high game, looks, and ample time here) and a place like Dallas, TX where the same guy usually has to put in an average of a couple of dates before getting it (again, talking relatively high looks and game here).

My interest on South Africa has been opening up a bit more, I am more intrigued with East Africa still. SA HIV problem and violence is a major turn off for me.

So are the night life areas far from where the gang violence and all that takes place?

Also, how do white chicks perceive African Americans or even blacks in general?

Im black american. Only experience of race in SA is when I spoofed tinder in cape town and johannesburg and matched with maybe 2 white chicks in an entire week. And i could be highballing the number.

Quote: (12-30-2017 01:42 PM)StackGsMan Wrote:  

I'm sure the actual costs of drinks, food, transportation and the like are a completely different issue,

R50 ($4) is the absolute maximum you will pay for a beer in a club. The usual price is closer to R30 ($2.50). Food at a good restaurant is R100-R150 and R400 for fine dining.

how do you think my look/race will play into the female situation?

I know a Lebanese girl. She is classified as white here. If you have good game you will kill it everywhere. The biggest thing you will have going for you is the exotic factor thanks to you accent.

Last question, I know you said you were having success basically every night out, but can you explain that a bit? I ask not to question you, but because some guys define success as girls being all over them and getting makeouts but not lays, while others only define success by lays and such.

Success = taking her home.

As for ease, you can't order them like a Number 7 at McDonalds but it is not hard at all to get laid, same not or on the first follow-up. If you are a horndog it is possible to smash a new girl everyday but I'm not really interested in that. The white friend I mentioned, not long after being fed the red pill, and not having fully digested it, smashed 3 girls in one week but that was off Tinder. He had very little game at that point.

Quote: (12-30-2017 02:08 PM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

My interest on South Africa has been opening up a bit more, I am more intrigued with East Africa still. SA HIV problem and violence is a major turn off for me.

So are the night life areas far from where the gang violence and all that takes place?

Also, how do white chicks perceive African Americans or even blacks in general?

There is no gang violence in Jhb. The crime is primarily just like anywhere else, the result of a wealth gap and humans' nature to collide. Violent crimes occur in the hood or slum areas of the inner city where you won't be going. The gang violence is more of a thing in the ghettoes in Cape Town or in prisons.

White girls: this is a generalisation but Afrikaans girls (who are the majority) is the worst possible place to dedicate your efforts. Your chances are not great there and even English white guys in some instances see diminished odds. The few black guys who do crack it do so through social circle game.

Your best odds for a targeted area would be at a place where there are greater chances of finding the more liberal ones. (see Maboneng)

Quote: (12-30-2017 02:30 PM)jackflag Wrote:  

Im black american. Only experience of race in SA is when I spoofed tinder in cape town and johannesburg and matched with maybe 2 white chicks in an entire week. And i could be highballing the number.

Basically, if you are a 7 or 8 and never understood guys bitching about the cons of lower SMV, come to SA and target white girls exclusively. I'm not saying you won't win, but you will understand the struggle.

I have my eyes on Johannesburg for late January. Still looking at the logistics and gathering info.
I think I'll spend February over there.

Quote: (12-30-2017 02:47 PM)Savemham Lincoln Wrote:  

I'm sure the actual costs of drinks, food, transportation and the like are a completely different issue,

R50 ($4) is the absolute maximum you will pay for a beer in a club. The usual price is closer to R30 ($2.50). Food at a good restaurant is R100-R150 and R400 for fine dining.

how do you think my look/race will play into the female situation?

I know a Lebanese girl. She is classified as white here. If you have good game you will kill it everywhere. The biggest thing you will have going for you is the exotic factor thanks to you accent.

Success = taking her home.

As for ease, you can't order them like a Number 7 at McDonalds but it is not hard at all to get laid, same not or on the first follow-up. If you are a horndog it is possible to smash a new girl everyday but I'm not really interested in that. The white friend I mentioned, not long after being fed the red pill, and not having fully digested it, smashed 3 girls in one week but that was off Tinder. He had very little game at that point.

I know that the prices are relatively cheap compared to US prices and certainly to prices in places like Oslo, but it sounds to me like my suspicion is true. Correct me if I am wrong but the housing is a steal, but the cost of food and drinks and other things are disproportionately high (I mainly mean in comparison to local incomes and such). If a beer is $2.50 in a club then an expensive mixed drink in an expensive club has to be around $10 right? Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not complaining. I know of places in non LA/NY America that serve $85 bourbons neat (one glass that they even skimp on). Even this point on prices still sounds great, but it doesn't sound like a complete bargain. Not trying to be a cheap ass, just looking at it from a different perspective. That being said, even if a "super drink" costs only $10 that is amazing if you're playing with a US or European income level. I can imagine tight game, foreign exotic appeal, good looks, and then throwing a drink like that at a girl and her reaction. That may have sounded a tad bit like buying the poosy, which normally isn't my style at all, but I mean I guess it ain't trickin if you got it.

That reminds me of a girl I met a little while back in a major US city. She was pretty damn fine, but really nice and I got the number. Added her on Snapchat. I was trying to get my financial footing with day trading at the time and had little day to day money in my personal account. I was living with my parents in what is part of the city itself, but the distance from the center, where I met her, is pretty far and most everybody considers the area ghetto/hood. I remember seeing her Snapchat story a couple of days later where she was with a guy at one of the more expensive restaurants in town and then he took her on a private helicopter tour around the city. No jealousy on my part and like I said I am not a fan of throwing my money at a chick, but I mean damn, if you can give a girl that experience instead of a latte at Starbucks I'm sure it opens things up.

I bring this up for two reasons. One, it shows that game can make you surpass the use of wealth to get laid. But more importantly for this thread, and to show I'm not entirely pessimistic on the cost of things in Joh, I get the impression that giving girls "money purchased experiences" they probably otherwise would never have or at least not regularly isn't too far from reality for a person with Western income visiting or living in Joh. Since I've never used money or those types of experiences to get with women I don't know how that would translate into lays and quality, but all else being equal it sounds to me like having that ability coupled with the other qualities I mentioned (game, looks, exotic appeal) would allow a guy to run through 9's regularly in that city.

About the Lebanese/White thing, that is what I was hoping for. I expected the American accent and exotic factor to be a huge bonus, I just wasn't sure exactly how the Mid Eastern look (even if a white Mid Eastern) would play out. I've been in different environments and places where my look translates from anything to white guy (as you say is the case in Joh), to oooo he's not white he's ethnic and I like that, to run before jihad happens. I'm not just talking about individual girls, I mean the general vibe I get. Sounds great that I'd basically be a white American in a place where that can be high value.

About the lay rate, thanks for being specific. That was the aspect I cared most to know and you answered it. I actually had a feeling prior to even seeing this thread that this would be the case, but you've confirmed it. Basically what I gather is we aren't talking Manila here but still easily a poosy paradise as they'd say. Ahh to wake up every day with a different big booty next to me...

Funny enough I just got a number from a big booty girl from Congo a few hours ago. Where I live, meaning both the city but also the specific side of town, there are a lot of African immigrants. They are mainly West African, Ethiopian, Kenyan, or from Congo though (I guess that covers a lot of it...). I've been out with lots of them and I do have to say they are incredibly feminine and pleasant. Sex, when they are single and actually agree to see you, is often on the table faster than most other nationalities. That is despite the fact that I have no real exotic factor being American in America other than usually being outside of their normal racial experience and how generally from what I've noticed female immigrants here eventually want to move on with their own nationality or general race after they get over the "oh I'm in America, American guys everywhere finally" thing. I can definitely see why you've said African women are conservative, but in my experience that generally means in terms of religion and certain family values. They don't seem to be conservative as far as "hooking up" goes, at least not compared to many other nationalities and groups.

I can imagine how crazy it'd be if they were in their home country, which they probably have never left other than maybe other parts of Africa. Damn man if only I had bought Bitcoin last year I'd hop on the plane to Joh tomorrow.

Not sure if you're still in SA or not, but enjoy it and thanks for the breakdown.

Looking at Airbnb, I wouldn't call Johannesburg housing "a steal," by any means.
Except you're willing to rent a room in a house, or stay in a shitty apartment in a shitty part of town.

I generally rent an entire apartment, or a studio if it's large.
However, the prices I'm seeing in Johannesburg, while not nearly as high as US Airbnb prices, are still quite high for a developing country.

Many of them are just as high as traditional US rent prices.

While South African girls aren't particularly beauty queens, the bubbly butts on them surely makes it worth the trip, I think.

So seems like foreign brothas coming down to smash white chicks in South Africa is a no-go, just as I suspected. How about the sexy westernized Indian chicks, are they more open to black guys in SA? Or are brothas largely limited to black and "colored" girls?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

How bad is racism towards Indians out there? SA fascinates me but I wonder how strong the racial hatred still is.

Just so everybody understands, the racism that you might find here as a tourist is mostly covert, not in your face. You can go about your business just fine without encountering issues. But when you are gaming you are stepping into peoples' personal space and that is when you will see the racial biases. So...

Quote: (12-31-2017 03:24 PM)Agastya Wrote:  

How bad is racism towards Indians out there? SA fascinates me but I wonder how strong the racial hatred still is.

You have nothing to worry about. There are plenty of Indians in South Africa. In fact, Durban is the city with the largest population of Indian people outside of India. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_South_Africans

Quote: (12-31-2017 01:45 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

How about the sexy westernized Indian chicks, are they more open to black guys in SA?

They are.

There is this south african facebook page called felebs. Is the talent there that good as that page shows or is that page a misrepresentation of the quality of black south african girls? The booties there are something else, I have never seen any booties like that, that shit was even better than DR.

Are black girls there as easy as black girls in the states?

OP, thanks a lot for this datasheet.

I had a job offer in Joburg 2 years ago and I spent 2 weeks thinking about it at the time. The 50 homicides/day, car jacking and living in gated communities with armed guards and fences, this plus racial tensions, having to take a cab wherever you go even if it’s 10 min walk...I was raised in western Europe so I wasn’t sure I could handle it...I reckon that I chickened out and declined the offer.

I might accept if I get another opportunity. OP, are you black? Is it safer for a black over there? Also I love black women very much and had long relationships with some of them, how do they consider white men over there? Are the girls gold diggers and they consider a white man as a potential provider?

Apologies if this post seems full of stereotypes, especially regarding safety but this is basically what some south african told me, one of them lives in the UK since 20 years and mentioned he loves his country very much but would never go back to live there because of safety.
I am not talking about going on vacations for a few weeks but living few years there.

Nice sheet OP. I was in Cape Town for a good period about 2 years ago. South Africa is an interesting country to say least.

I would generally agree about everything the OP said when it comes to race relations. Cape Town has way more tourists though so you can game plenty of white chicks. All the Indian/ colored chicks were busted in my opinion and there was a lot of obesity among black Africans. However, some of the black African were absolute stunners. Too many of them were prostitutes though. No big deal but I was too drunk to be shoring.

The biggest surprise for me was how aggressive "afrikaners" are. It definitely has a hostile feeling to it. I remember one day I was crossing the street "incorrectly" and some dumb blonde ho actually stopped her white beetle(thats not a white race thing, all the rich folks in cape town drive white cars) to yell at me. I just responded "America Bitch". Two guys tried to fight me at the BEERHOUSE one time on Long Street, for "looking at them". I thought I was in high school again.

Overall though, South Africa is a majestic country. The natural beauty was amazing. I actually rented a car and drove across the country and back. BTW, I did that completely by myself, so there is no reason to be afraid of crime. Just don't drive into some the ghettos.

My favorite experience is when I decided to go to this divey looking black African bar on long street all by myself. People were amazing cool once they found out I was an American dude. I ended trying to take this girl home. She agreed but then asked me for money on the way home. I paid her and then being drunk as I was told her to go home. So yea I paid a prostitute and didn't even get laid. Fucking idiot.

Happy New Years!

Quote: (12-31-2017 04:41 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Is the talent there that good as that page shows or is that page a misrepresentation of the quality of black south african girls?

Do all the girls look like that? Obviously not but you will find girls who do. I put links to the specific clubs as they post photos of every night and you can see what the turnout looks looks like. I haven't been to US so I don't know how easy or not black American girls are. I analysed some of your posts to guage game and unless you are disfigured you should do well.

Quote: (12-31-2017 09:38 PM)Lino Wrote:  

OP, are you black? Is it safer for a black over there? Also I love black women very much and had long relationships with some of them, how do they consider white men over there? Are the girls gold diggers and they consider a white man as a potential provider?

Godzilla covered the safety issue. You will get a good reception from the ladies and no they are not gold diggers. Being a provider will be the result of your own actions if they see you as that.

Quote: (12-31-2017 11:38 PM)godzilla Wrote:  

Nice sheet OP. I was in Cape Town for a good period about 2 years ago. South Africa is an interesting country to say least.

I would generally agree about everything the OP said when it comes to race relations. Cape Town has way more tourists though so you can game plenty of white chicks. All the Indian/ colored chicks were busted in my opinion and there was a lot of obesity among black Africans. However, some of the black African were absolute stunners. Too many of them were prostitutes though. No big deal but I was too drunk to be shoring.

The biggest surprise for me was how aggressive "afrikaners" are. It definitely has a hostile feeling to it. I remember one day I was crossing the street "incorrectly" and some dumb blonde ho actually stopped her white beetle(thats not a white race thing, all the rich folks in cape town drive white cars) to yell at me. I just responded "America Bitch". Two guys tried to fight me at the BEERHOUSE one time on Long Street, for "looking at them". I thought I was in high school again.

Overall though, South Africa is a majestic country. The natural beauty was amazing. I actually rented a car and drove across the country and back. BTW, I did that completely by myself, so there is no reason to be afraid of crime. Just don't drive into some the ghettos.

My favorite experience is when I decided to go to this divey looking black African bar on long street all by myself. People were amazing cool once they found out I was an American dude. I ended trying to take this girl home. She agreed but then asked me for money on the way home. I paid her and then being drunk as I was told her to go home. So yea I paid a prostitute and didn't even get laid. Fucking idiot.

Happy New Years!

I know this is Johannesburg, but what other cities in South Africa are worth checking out?

Durban sounds kinda cool. Anyone who is from SA, feel free to give a basic low down about major cities that might be worth visiting.

I feel like South African women can be hot. Has alot of history South Africa. Would like to visit some day.

Solid overview. I think the entire country has beautiful nature, and the nightlife was great in Jo'burg. I only had a limited time to check out the city, and came in with low expectations based on the warnings from many South Africans (mostly upper crust whites who left the country). Stayed around the Central Business District and Maboneng, and it was a breath of fresh air from the Afrikaaner nightlife in Cape Town. Great lounges, music and foodie scene, people seemed more laid back and integrated, and it's mad cheap to party for the NY/SF types. Don't get me wrong though, know exactly where you're going and Uber in this area. Some parts reminded me of a scene from Escape from LA/NY, which is weird when leaving some hidden jazz bar with world-class cuisine. The mixed girls probably stood out as dimes and accessible.

This is a good datasheet.

Is SA good to visit year round, or are there times of the year that are better? IE summer vs Winter etc.

Are there specific neighborhoods that you could recommend that would put you near or in the middle of day game, night game areas and good restaurants and tourist sites.

Do you recommend staying at an Airbnb or Hotel?

Are there specific SA meals you recommend us trying? Any favorite restaurants you could recommend?

What are the best modes of transportation for navigating the city?

What are the more popular dating apps?

Do black Americans have any type of exotic value?

Are there any tourist excursions you recommend us going on while visiting?

Stay frosty, not thirsty my friends.

Quid Pro Quo is not only the basis for Capitalism but also for this forum.
I will respond to PMs only from those who have made contributions to this forum.

Aug 2016 Berlin Datasheet-Wonders, Blunders and Stunners - A short black dudes 9 day adventure in Berlin.
thread-58358...ght=Berlin

Quote: (01-30-2018 10:09 AM)Ogunn Wrote:  

Is SA good to visit year round, or are there times of the year that are better? IE summer vs Winter etc.

Preferably Summer. There will be more people out and about and there is a greater likelihood of women being clothed in a way that allows you to better appreciate them.

Are there specific neighborhoods that you could recommend that would put you near or in the middle of day game, night game areas and good restaurants and tourist sites.

Sandton ticks three out of those four boxes (check youtube link in the original post). Maboneng is also a winner but your on-foot movement is constrained within a small area.

Do you recommend staying at an Airbnb or Hotel?

Whichever.

What are the best modes of transportation for navigating the city?

What are the more popular dating apps?

Do black Americans have any type of exotic value?

UBER
Tinder by a mile, then OKCupid
Yes they do in Jhb. Far less in Cape Town as that place is full of tourists, but that's a story for another datasheet.

Are there any tourist excursions you recommend us going on while visiting?

Jhb and Pta aren't really touristy places. The typical tourist excursions like Safaris and stuff are out of the city.

A few places within reach are:

Cradle of Humankind
Apartheid Museum
Union Buildings
Bungee Jumping from Orlando Towers
Vilakazi Street

Are there specific SA meals you recommend us trying? Any favorite restaurants you could recommend?

Leading the pack on food to try is the Kota. It is to South African culture what the hamburger is to American culture. If possible, get it from the hood. http://www.eatout.co.za/article/5-great-kotas-gauteng/

Eatout website is your authority on what to eat and where in SA so you can browse the site. http://www.eatout.co.za/article/21-iconi...-visitors/

From this list my recommendations are:

Amagwinga: Generally not obtainable after 10am and the proper ones are only available in the CBD or in the hood. Never buy them in a retail shop in the 'burbs, they must be made by a usually elderly African lady selling on the side of the street or from a house in the hood. Done right you can eat them as is, none of that fancy filling shit. You will likely have to get someone to help you get them.

Shisa nyama: SA version of barbeque. Make sure you there is pap (maize meal) and boerewors in your order

Quote: (12-31-2017 04:41 PM)pitt Wrote:  

There is this south african facebook page called felebs. Is the talent there that good as that page shows or is that page a misrepresentation of the quality of black south african girls? The booties there are something else, I have never seen any booties like that, that shit was even better than DR.

Of course the bodies/booties of SA women are going to be better than the DR. What genes do you think is at play? Spanish? "Taino"?LOL. Ninja please.

I met a black South African au pair in the US (got the flag) and she explained to me some about the different native African tribes in SA, which languages they speak, the differences in their cultures, and their relationship with the national and local governments. Is this useful knowledge to impress the local black women there when gaming, such as trying to guess which tribe they belong to after asking what second language they speak, or would they rather talk about other things?