rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thriving after living abroad

Yo dudes,

I've been in Prague the last 3 years. I'm returning to the southern US in a week and don't have time to be sad and victim like. For those that have lived abroad and then returned, how did you thrive and not dwell on the fact life in Central Europe (or wherever else you are) is fucking awesome? Cultured people, women who wear tight pants in the gym simply because they can't afford anything else, cheap beer,, easy travel, shit customer service.

Some ideas:
Hit the gym extra hard.
Planning other trips.
Realizing the world can always be traveled.
Directing focus on things other than girls.

I'll do the above, but what were your go-to's or tricks?

Not exactly the same thing, but there was at least one thread that discussed how dudes felt when they came back to the US. After shorter trips. I don't quite remember if guys discussed how to deal with it, but I imagine a thread like that would have some advice.

I just don't remember how it was titled.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Spaniard88 coined the term PSAD. And it's very real.

thread-46927.html

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Quote: (04-11-2017 03:07 PM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

Spaniard88 coined the term PSAD. And it's very real.

thread-46927.html

Yeah, I saw that and noticed many of the comments were for 3 months or so. I was curious for those who've been abroad longer as I think duration plays a huge part in well-being. 3 months is the honeymoon phase depending on where you are.

I've spent the last 20+ months in Kiev.
It's been almost two straight years of living abroad and I have zero regrets, zero home sickness, nothing.

I had a funny misunderstanding when Skyping with my mom last week, I started telling her how thankful I am for my life and what I have.
She interpreted this to mean that Ukraine had humbled me and that I might be considering coming back to the US after living in such a poor country.

What I actually meant by being thankful was that permanently relocating to Kiev was the best decision I had ever made in my life. I've never been so happy to wake up everyday. To eat the food, to work at a job with cool people, to have these friends... the depression, frustration and sense of hopelessness I had living in California has been purged and replaced by a daily happiness and optimism for life.

Just thinking about having to go back home, god forbid a family member passes away, for a week or two gives me shivers of anguish.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I am going through this after a great winter in Asia.

A focus on work, learning Russian, making money, hitting the gym, looking forward to more trips ahead and making this lifestyle a sustainable one is key.

Seing it from this angle, it helps me staying focused and motivated.

Depends where you are going back to, really, but chances are it'll be a holocaust.....be prepared for mass obesity, multiculturalism, fake GMO foods, and overall degeneracy.

There's no real answer to this, other than:

- base yourself in a metropolitan city that values your experiences
- get a job in which your experiences abroad actually influence your output and is respected
- surround yourself with other "internationals" of differing accents to feel at home

And above all, do be thankful that you are home. Think about it, you are now among "locals" of yet another country! It's time to view local society in a different light. Prague is a great and romantic city, but it's time to start viewing the negatives of it, and view the positives of living in the USA.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Problem you might view the people you are now interacting with daily as lame compared to Prague. You will feel like a loser yourself if you hang out with losers. It's hard to rebuild a cool social circle in a small town so do what you have to do to get a decent city lifestyle.

Quote: (04-13-2017 02:08 AM)Cyclone Wrote:  

There's no real answer to this, other than:

- base yourself in a metropolitan city that values your experiences
- get a job in which your experiences abroad actually influence your output and is respected
- surround yourself with other "internationals" of differing accents to feel at home

And above all, do be thankful that you are home. Think about it, you are now among "locals" of yet another country! It's time to view local society in a different light. Prague is a great and romantic city, but it's time to start viewing the negatives of it, and view the positives of living in the USA.

Right on man, solid advice and positive. Once you go abroad there's a fire inside, a curiosity about the world. I guess you can take that curiosity anywhere.

simply a excellent thread.

Before i went to the D.R i was largely unfocused with my business and didn't have a purpose, didnt bother working out properly. Ultimately is because i was chasing tail too much.

Now i think longer term with chess moves 2,3,4 year plans.

I work out 6 days a week, and i laugh knowing that the city i am in London, is perhaps one of the best cities for business but terrible for finding a high quality woman due to the dynamics in place. So i really see London for what it is.

The advantage now is i dont have to put up with BS from the women, i can focus on stacking my paper and building my businesses.

And through gym i have taken my body from a 6.5 to a 8 in just 8 weeks, so i feel it really can help you focus on your purpose and not having to seek validation in the women in the city, when there is a country full of women that are super fun and feminine.

I routinely go on tinder or instagram and internally laugh at the self entitled comments/photos from the women.
It really is like taking a pill. Travelling is the best thing you can spend money on, it really shifted my focus.

Yo dudes,

I've been back for over a week and frankly, I'm glad to be back. There are many opportunities in the US that I took for granted while being in Central Europe. I've seen plenty of hot chicks and people are friendly. The key is to stay busy.

Its a hard adjustment to make. I got back from my travels two months ago, was gone for one month, maybe it would be different if I came back to a large city with a good vibe, but I've come back to the same crime ridden junkie filled northeast city of 100k. Its cold, its raw, its disgusting, but the rent is so cheap it allows me to save a ton of money. I could move 30 miles to a nicer city but I'd be paying way more in rent, forced to commute further to work, and at the end of the day its still someplace I ultimately don't want to be.

So right now I'm sacrificing, I'm staying here, pinching pennies and punching the clock, saving my money and working on a remote business so at the end of this summer I can get out of my lease, quit my job and buy a one way ticket out of this country.

Quote: (05-01-2017 05:39 PM)aeroektar Wrote:  

Its a hard adjustment to make. I got back from my travels two months ago, was gone for one month, maybe it would be different if I came back to a large city with a good vibe, but I've come back to the same crime ridden junkie filled northeast city of 100k. Its cold, its raw, its disgusting, but the rent is so cheap it allows me to save a ton of money. I could move 30 miles to a nicer city but I'd be paying way more in rent, forced to commute further to work, and at the end of the day its still someplace I ultimately don't want to be.

So right now I'm sacrificing, I'm staying here, pinching pennies and punching the clock, saving my money and working on a remote business so at the end of this summer I can get out of my lease, quit my job and buy a one way ticket out of this country.

Very nice, man...we're in exactly the same boat, I'm planning on 18 to 24 more months in America to set myself up with a solid surplus of monthly income.

These last few days I've spent quite a bit of time running numbers and trying to justify to myself why I should give up two more prime years of life to do this (versus bouncing in a few months, but with less of a surplus of monthly income).

We'll see.