rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Destinations with Compact Nightlife

I thought it would be useful to have a discussion about destinations where nightlife is close together and convenient and it's easy to bounce around bars/clubs without catching taxis or public transport (which usually doesn't run at night anyway). I've always found destinations like these more efficient for game because logistics can be sorted in one area and you're never more than a 10-15 minute walk from home base. So if you could name the city and then the area. For example: Kuta, Bali or Roppongi, Tokyo and maybe give a brief explanation on how the area fits the category. Obviously sprawled out cities which don't have enough vibrant nightlife in the space of a couple of streets are excluded. Afterwards, I could make a definitive list if we get enough good information.

Budapest. Most of the nightlife is situated in the Pest side. Mostly in Districts 5 and 7. All of it will be in a 2 square mile radius.

New Orleans, BTW , very good place to be for Halloween

I would have to vote for Manhattan, NYC. Tons of bars, on every block, almost. The Lower East Side, and East Village, which are adjacent to each other, have dozens and dozens of bars and lounges next door to each other or within a very short walk (think 2-3 mins walking) of each other. No cover for most of these places and pretty cheap drinks too. Fri/Sat nights are insane, you could even run street game if you don't like drinking or the atmosphere of bars, and get numbers. I've known guys who got laid a few times in this way. There's just that much pussy out.

The Meatpacking District, which is about a 30-40 minute walk from there on the west side of town, also has tons of bars and clubs, but they're much higher end and pricier. Here you won't be able to bounce from bar to bar as much as the lines are long, but the women are absolutely high-end, bombshell level beauties.

Then of course you have your local nightlife in all the other neighborhoods too - SoHo, TriBeCa, NoHo, Bowery, Midtown (East + West), the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, West Village, Greenwich Village etc.

Seriously, you could go out hardcore every single night and still not cover more than a fraction of what's available. During the summer you also have dozens of rooftop lounges all over the area which are very popular. The women tend to be more relaxed and much easier to talk to at such venues, in my experience - I chalk it up to the nice breeze and great views all around that weakens their bitch shields :-D The vibe is just much more chill overall.

Oh, and finally, the subways in Manhattan are pretty decent, and there's always taxis/Ubers/Lyfts readily available, in case you or the girl are just too damn drunk to walk back to your place or hers.

Pussy ain't for pussies...

Reykjavik, Iceland. The majority of the nightlife is literally on a 2 block stretch of the same street. You can basically see every worthwhile venue from the same spot. Reykjavik only has 120K people so strong small town vibes. Great nightlife though, already well documented on the forum.

Bratislava, Slovakia

The city is perfect. It is big (around half a million people), but not too big and all the nightlife venues are very close to one another in the heart of the city, in and around old town.

Lan Kwai Fong, Hong Kong. Like a year-round Mardi Gras. Best place for street game in NE Asia.

I would second Lan Kwai Fong in Hong Kong. It's literally my favorite setup for partying anywhere in the world. Super concentrated with tons of places. Such an awesome setup.

I guess I'd say Barcelona is setup pretty good for partying too. You have tons of places in Raval and the Gothic barrios very close, with places in Barceloneta close by as well, along with the mega club Razzmattazz not being far away either.

Both Miami Beach and Miami (Wynwood) are good too because you can walk between a bunch of good places.

I agree with New York overall too as meatpacking district and LES/East Village are both great, but if you're trying to jump around places in NYC it can get annoying (or you just become jaded) when your friends are in the meatpacking district and you're in the east vil and don't want to go "all the way over there" to meet them. Brooklyn is good and pretty concentrated around Williamsburg too.

Playa del Carmen in Mexico doesn't have a ton of really great places, but the good ones that it does have are all super close together, within like 2-3 blocks.

I would expect lots of places in Europe probably fit the description here, just because of the way cities were built and are organized now, but Barcelona is the best example in Europe that I've been to.

My definition of a complete night out covers the following circuit: (a) my pad (b) dinner © lounge/bar to pre-game (d) the "main event" club or resto-lounge (e) after-hours (f) food stall or 24-hour restaurant (g) back to my pad

In recent travels, I recall "complete nights" out sans cabs/public transport in the following cities:

Tallinn, Riga, Minsk, Tbilisi, Budapest, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok (Soi 11)

I'm talking distances so short a girl in heels wouldn't mind walking the whole circuit with you.

Though you bring up "efficiency for gaming", and I gotta comment it's generally much more 'efficient' to throw a girl in a 5-10 minute cab/uber than persuade her to walk to your place (i.e. a foreign stranger's place) as the sun begins to rise.

In fact, there were times I was so disoriented walking back home with a lady in a few of the above-mentioned cities that it nearly cost me. On such occasions, a cabbie can be your best friend, while the only obstacle is you yourself.

Quote: (10-16-2016 10:51 PM)atlant Wrote:  

Lan Kwai Fong, Hong Kong. Like a year-round Mardi Gras. Best place for street game in NE Asia.

This. first one that came to mind.

I could vouch for Chicago. Although there are 3 primary nightlife districts that are very separate, each one has 30-40 solid venues back-to-back
Makati, Manila is another one. Only about 5 solid venues each <10 mins away from each other, but sprinkle in the streetgame in between and...

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Krakow around the main square is the first place that springs to mind. Also New York City in the meat packing district is decent.

Cologne, Germany is also great in THIS aspect of convenience. Once you have a pad in the right place (The Kölner Ringe) you can walk to I think 10+ clubs and if you got to take a girl home you can walk back or a 3 minute cab ride (because of girls wearing heels).

Fantastic logistics here.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

Quote: (10-17-2016 03:50 AM)Cyclone Wrote:  

Quote: (10-16-2016 10:51 PM)atlant Wrote:  

This. first one that came to mind.

I could vouch for Chicago. Although there are 3 primary nightlife districts that are very separate, each one has 30-40 solid venues back-to-back
Makati, Manila is another one. Only about 5 solid venues each <10 mins away from each other, but sprinkle in the streetgame in between and...

What 5 solid venues does Makati have that are in walking distance?

Palermo neighborhood in Buenos Aires, near Plaza Serrano. Tons of restaurants, shops, bars, clubs, in a walkable area.

I'll add the following data points since I really enjoy places like this for their atmosphere. None of them come close to LKF but they're still cool.

Coco Park, Shenzhen, China - Mostly shitty and tiny variant of LKF but one decent venue (Pepper), lots of people passing through, some cool food, and just a fun vibe. Wouldn't go here for quality girls but I still always enjoy it.

Lan Kwai Fong and Jiuyanqiao, Chengdu, China - the former doesn't even come close to the original and it often feels eerily empty, but sometimes can be good. The latter is your typical bar street and a little more spread out.

La Punta de San Felipe, Cádiz, Spain - Word is they are shutting it down next year so who knows what will happen but right now it can still be good on weekends with decent weather. There's the raised upstairs stretch that's always crowded and great for meeting people. Momart's the only worthwhile venue, but a very good one. Go late.

Surprised nobody has mentioned any of the Asian or Greek party Islands or Khao San Road area in Bangkok. That was pretty crazy for me. Are the places mentioned in here, especially Lan Kwai Fong, even wilder?

Honestly most major cities in Europe have compact nightlife. You won't be able to visit every single club on foot, but there's usually more than plenty in the 'nightlife area'.

Quote: (10-19-2016 05:28 PM)Malo Wrote:  

Honestly most major cities in Europe have compact nightlife. You won't be able to visit every single club on foot, but there's usually more than plenty in the 'nightlife area'.

Berlin for example... does not!

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

^ Well that's true, but why on earth would anyone want to party in Berlin is beyond me, unless you're into "desperate wannabe hippie culture".

I would go to Hamburg instead, now that's how nightlife should be (and I'm not talking p4p), and it's as compact as it gets.

Beijing has three key nightlife districts, with more options scattered around the east side of the city, mainly in Chaoyang.

Sanlitun
The first and foremost is Sanlitun. Extremely walkabout, in fact, it would be a waste of time to navigate it by vehicle. All the action exists inside a square kilometer. The clubs in this area on the south-side of Gongti North Road are classy affairs, whereas the north-side is host to some of the trashiest clubs in Beijing (aside from what you will encounter in Wudaokou).

Several subway stations serve the area, the closest to the action being Tuanjiehu, although Dongsishitiao is about a ten minutes walk from the key area as well.

Houhai
Just to the west of the Sanlitun is a larger nightlight region, Houhai. It's centered around a larger urban lake that would probably take about 30 minutes to walk a full circle around. The venues on the lake itself are tourist trash, but there's a lot of hipster type venues and little tiny bars and restaurants in the area that are worth checking out. Technically walkable, but in a lot of cases it might be easier to just jump in a taxi for ten minutes instead of walking thirty, as the venues in this district or very spread out.

Wudaokou
Wudaokou is the university nightlife district. It's the worst of the three where caveman game is the norm in the two or three horrible clubs in the neighbourhood. It is very compact, however. I don't bother with this nightlife zone, but it's where you would find Chinese or Korean girls looking to experience foreign dick. Just don't drink the alcohol they sell at the clubs there. Some of the restaurants and bars are foreign managed and legit, such as Pyro Pizza and Lush. Many of the places, however, focus on the low-end student market and sell horrible food for appropriately low prices.

Shuangjing
An honorable mention goes to Shuangjing. It's smaller than the other three, but it's a walkable area near a subway station that has some great foreign managed bars and some lesser Chinese ones. Overall quality is high though, although interior decorating is not a strength for some the neighbourhood style bars and restaurants in the area.

I'd also mention the Jiangtai area, but it's time has come and gone.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (10-16-2016 08:49 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

I would have to vote for Manhattan, NYC. Tons of bars, on every block, almost. The Lower East Side, and East Village, which are adjacent to each other, have dozens and dozens of bars and lounges next door to each other or within a very short walk (think 2-3 mins walking) of each other. No cover for most of these places and pretty cheap drinks too. Fri/Sat nights are insane, you could even run street game if you don't like drinking or the atmosphere of bars, and get numbers. I've known guys who got laid a few times in this way. There's just that much pussy out.

The Meatpacking District, which is about a 30-40 minute walk from there on the west side of town, also has tons of bars and clubs, but they're much higher end and pricier. Here you won't be able to bounce from bar to bar as much as the lines are long, but the women are absolutely high-end, bombshell level beauties.

Then of course you have your local nightlife in all the other neighborhoods too - SoHo, TriBeCa, NoHo, Bowery, Midtown (East + West), the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, West Village, Greenwich Village etc.

Seriously, you could go out hardcore every single night and still not cover more than a fraction of what's available. During the summer you also have dozens of rooftop lounges all over the area which are very popular. The women tend to be more relaxed and much easier to talk to at such venues, in my experience - I chalk it up to the nice breeze and great views all around that weakens their bitch shields :-D The vibe is just much more chill overall.

Oh, and finally, the subways in Manhattan are pretty decent, and there's always taxis/Ubers/Lyfts readily available, in case you or the girl are just too damn drunk to walk back to your place or hers.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanddd this is why I'm broke. Can easily blow through $10k a month here.

+1 tho

I would like to mention Moscow where nightlife is concentrated in a few areas.

1. A very famous area called Island on the forum (although it is called Red October by Russians). It is packed with some of the most popular nightclubs in the city where you will be stunned by a high number of the most beautiful woman. If you live within 10-15 walking distance you have an advantage since cabs charge a premium for picking you up on the Island (Uber cannot pick you up there). A walk across the bridge from the island is very fascinating and romantic both during the night and in the early morning. You can walk girls out of the island (5 minutes) and then get an Uber for a normal price but sometimes she or her friend can complain about walking that much.

2. Another clubbing/bar area in Moscow is Trekhgornaya Manufactura which includes a couple of the most popular bars in town. Since it is outside the city centre I would not suggest to have a home base close to it unless you cannot afford to live in downtown. In that case this area would be your best choice.

3. Area around Stoleshnikov/Kuznetskiy Most in the heart of the city has a lot of bars from low to high end and is the best area for a home base because of logistics, day game opportunities, date venues and sightseeing.

Zona Rosa which is also called Zona T in Bogota, Colombia.

Because of the sit down culture it is harder to pick up in bars but a lot of people just hang out on the street so the entire block looks like a bar itself at a certain hour.

You can stay in area called El Nogal within walking distance and girls will call you Estrata 5 (a highest class in Colombian society) and will want to see your home (=easier to bounce).

Having compact nightlife spots are great if you're really into bar hopping and clubbing. But it's not necessarily a good thing for scoring girls. For me, two places come to mind. Bucharest has the Lipscani area with tons of bars and clubs all in one zone. It's packed with young people and pretty girls all day and night. But at the same time, good luck with pickup as so many of these places turn into sausage fests and the music is loud and the whole scene is chaotic and overall a big headache.

Also in Wroclaw, many clubs are in the Pasaz Niepolda club/bar plaza. On the weekends it's also terrible and massive sausagefests with drunk dudes getting into fights and breaking glass all the time. Doing pick up at any of these places would often likely yield paltry results because all guys come into the party central spots drunk and with the same thing in mind.

Personally I think night game and these popular centralized nightlife places are kind of fool's gold. The ratio is lop sided, bitch shields are up and people are loud and aggressive. Contrast that with the few random times I went to an event at a club located away from the rest and the ratios would sometimes be better and I'd have much better luck. It's still a crapshoot, but you're more likely to find a friendlier scene outside the played out nightlife hubs where everyone and their mother goes. Just my two cents.

Quote: (10-22-2016 06:12 PM)dontuan Wrote:  

Having compact nightlife spots are great if you're really into bar hopping and clubbing. But it's not necessarily a good thing for scoring girls. For me, two places come to mind. Bucharest has the Lipscani area with tons of bars and clubs all in one zone. It's packed with young people and pretty girls all day and night. But at the same time, good luck with pickup as so many of these places turn into sausage fests and the music is loud and the whole scene is chaotic and overall a big headache.

Also in Wroclaw, many clubs are in the Pasaz Niepolda club/bar plaza. On the weekends it's also terrible and massive sausagefests with drunk dudes getting into fights and breaking glass all the time. Doing pick up at any of these places would often likely yield paltry results because all guys come into the party central spots drunk and with the same thing in mind.

Personally I think night game and these popular centralized nightlife places are kind of fool's gold. The ratio is lop sided, bitch shields are up and people are loud and aggressive. Contrast that with the few random times I went to an event at a club located away from the rest and the ratios would sometimes be better and I'd have much better luck. It's still a crapshoot, but you're more likely to find a friendlier scene outside the played out nightlife hubs where everyone and their mother goes. Just my two cents.

I think if you play the numbers game you should come out most of the time, I also tend to favor gaming girls int he street in highly compact areas, it is easier to approach then in packed clubs.