rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guys Who Might Merit More Rep Points

First of all, I am not trying to weasel a rep point. Not my style. I'll just try and blackmail you with photoshopped pics to be posted into the delete thread. [Image: lol.gif]

In all seriousness, a quick apology to all those deserving of a mention that I forgot to post below. There are so many solid guys on the forum.

While I am sitting here in an airbnb apartment in a remote land, I am grateful for some guys who helped get me here. I have repped them over the course of my membership on RVF. From slubu's legendary adventures, Ligurian's epic posts and words of encouragement and knowledge, to Dantes/JasonD who taught me how to Daygame, to champs like Akula, Rocha, whoishe and NomadofEu for their support in my goals. To H1N1, AB, CBW, Gio (among others) who gave me great boxing advice, not just for the health but for the undesirable possibility of having to protect myself - sorry Gio just repped you - my bad! To WIA, GC, LOZ (just checked all repped) - just the solid thoughtful knowledge dropped on a regular basis. So many more - just blanking.

I bring this up because their might be some guys who may have not been getting some love, possibly we thought we gave them one (Gio, Vinman - sorry!) or just so busy we haven't had the time.

Guys like H1N1 who was not here when I joined has become one of my favorite posters on a variety of topics but he seems to be getting the love.

Granted we all find different things valuable so it might be totally inappropriate to mention any individuals. But I was just thinking of guys who seem to do a lot but their reps seem low.

This isn't meant to ignore some of the titans like AB, Fisto, Lizard, Scotian, VP, and other guys who have been helping to guide the forum for a while - and their reps are not low at all. I am pretty sure he doesn't care, but Roosh deserves one for so many reasons.

So for me I think 262 has done a lot and seems a little under repped. From his sharing of his experiences in making the move, to posting about Poland, his Schengen runs, his podcast and for trying to help keep a little order in some threads, I think he has done a lot. There are so many but I didn't want to try and hog this opportunity. So I just picked one.

Anyway, forgive me if there was a thread - I searched. I saw the Xmas one but this isn't Xmas and I didn't want to wait. The other one was Samseau's (see below) and then Samseau's campaign to stop repping MiXX [Image: lol.gif]

For those who have been really trying to improve yourselves over a few months, a year, 2 years - I hope you have had some transformation/improvement. Be it mental, physical, or both. I hope you have a little time to acknowledge those who supported you.

Safe travels

Edit: Samseau started a thread on a proper way to give a rep point.
thread-24638.html

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Fuck Fame. I'd rather Day Game.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Well I think you deserve some more reputation points. So you got one from me!!!!

Keep in mind the first few years I was on the forum, we didnt really use the rep points. It was a year before I got one, and I thought it meant i'd done something bad.

I'm not sure if the thread you linked is the official rep point rules written by the rep police, but the way I do it is if somebody writes something good, or they want a point I give it.

I've only met 2.5 people in person, and they were no reppable, in fact the 0.5 lead to a negative reputation for the both of us.

Aloha!

Have to agree with you. 262 seems like a solid guy with excellent detailed posts. I'm currently getting ready to make the move to expat life. Leaving for south east asia at the end of the month. He's an inspiration. Sent him a pm thanking him for his contributions.

Also, forum member Cleanslate. Whenever I see a post with his username I know it's going to be a good read.

Thanks guys...

Samsamsam, I respectfully offer a different opinion.

While I 100% agree that the advice and recommendations offered by members (many also in person) has lead to good adjustments for me personally, I believe we should each personally strive to contribute (here and in person) because we want to. In some circles it is said, 'the heart is the seat of motivation.' Once I saw with my own eyes the positive impact the words on this forum, the in-person admonishing (neither of which is always an 'atta-boy!'), and general camaraderie this enables, I knew that finding ways to give back was something I had to do. Points for that mean absolutely nothing. Seeing men of all ages get the blinders removed? Priceless on every level.

Maybe I missed the point of your post? Iron sharpens iron... Take me to task here if I have. Either way, should you and I ever happen to cross paths, poison of your choice on me. Congratulations on your journey... As you already know, it just gets more and more fun every day!

"Civilization is man's project, man is woman's." - Illimitable Man, Maxim #104

Posting from somewhere close to the confluence of the Police State, the Entertainment Industry, and the New World Order.

I've met around 50 or so forum members by now so I tend to only rep people I meet in person.

The reason is because I've met a few guys that were straight up socially awkward and hard to be around. They had a decent amount of reps points, mainly based off things they wrote, but they didn't have the real-life ability to back it up.

Some people look at the forum as a place to discuss politics and feminism, some look at it as place to write about "game", and other look at it as a place to travel and meet guys to party and pick up chicks with.

So there's a wide gap between what a rep point means to different people. For me, I use it as a place to travel and meet guys to party and pick up chicks with, so it makes since that I would only rep people for that. But I do read some great stuff here by people that I haven't repped yet but I hope to meet soon to party with.

Quote: (06-05-2016 04:46 PM)Kona Wrote:  

I've only met 2.5 people in person, and they were no reppable, in fact the 0.5 lead to a negative reputation for the both of us.

Aloha!

The negative rep point for Lumiere/J.J. Roberts was easily some of the best comedy in forum history. I'm sure Scotian would have also given him a negative rep point if Roosh hadn't abolished the negative reps years ago.

Rep can be a tough thing to substantiate on this forum. Some members have a high rep count just because they are funny and/or good talkers, or post landmark threads that become huge forum inside jokes etc.

How does one value the rep system? Essentially it should mean when someone of high rep speaks, they are likely worth listening to. But I have gotten some of my rep points for making funny/childish posts and comments as well. Do those members who repped me for those posts vouch for me, or are they just acknowledging my sense of humor?

As LINUX said, there are a lot of highly repped members on this board that may very well not walk-the-walk - but again, like I said, it all depends on what you value from a member of this community.

Some people value those who have a way with words and opinions that align with their own. Some people value meeting people in real life. Some people value humor/entertainment. Some people value data sheets and convincing game contributions and content.

Example: A member might have 100+ rep because of their expertise in business or politics. Does that mean their words should hold heavy weight in the Game forum?

Hannibal, Hades, CrashbangWallop, Helterskelter, Isaac Jordan ... couple others. I deserve like 50 maybe 55.

Edit: An underated contributing factor to rep points besides style of writing/humor/charisma is time zone. I've noticed a lot of guys who live in SEA, East Asia, Australia and New Zealand tend to be under repped. Let's say a thread starts around peak traffic time from around 6-11 PM in North America. The first page comments, funny memes & insights by posters get more exposure, likes and in the long run ... rep points. All while the Aussies and SEA boys are either at work or school. By the time they get to the thread, it's at 3 pages and further down the thread list. Whatever thy post gets less exposure.

Example of this scenario ...

thread-53900.html

I started a thread about the husband who got fat & whose wife refuses to fuck him. The first reply in that thread was a regular one liner that got 72 likes. But an excellent analysis by Lizard of Oz about male-female relationship dynamics/cheating on page 4 ... only got 36. Multiply that over time and the rep system becomes "unfair" so-to-speak.

In the end, it's just a rough gauging mechanism. Not the be-all and end-all of value.

I nominate Cr33pin... he like... adds stuff to the forum... and does something with value
[Image: creepy.jpg]
an stuff

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (06-05-2016 06:22 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I nominate Cr33pin... he like... adds stuff to the forum... and does something with value
[Image: creepy.jpg]
an stuff

And now you got a point from me!!!!

Aloha!

Is this going to become the "free rep from kona" thread?

Quote: (06-05-2016 06:35 PM)cascadecombo Wrote:  

Is this going to become the "free rep from kona" thread?

Not for you it isn't.

Aloha!

[Image: latest?cb=20111122031656]

I think I could get along with you pretty well.

I just rep the gentlemen worthy of the rep points until I run out for the day. Adopt a pay-it-forward mentality and be a man of value, and you'll never lack for rep points. Drop the knowledge, nobody has a monopoly on all the wisdom. Keep an open mind, and keep contributing. That's my philosophy. There's so much information on this forum, you couldn't possibly single out just a single user. Nonetheless, a rep point here and there certainly doesn't hurt, or also a private message to acknowledge a job well done does the trick.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (06-05-2016 06:01 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

An underated contributing factor to rep points besides style of writing/humor/charisma is time zone. I've noticed a lot of guys who live in SEA, East Asia, Australia and New Zealand tend to be under repped. Let's say a thread starts around peak traffic time from around 6-11 PM in North America. The first page comments, funny memes & insights by posters get more exposure, likes and in the long run ... rep points. All while the Aussies and SEA boys are either at work or school. By the time they get to the thread, it's at 3 pages and further down the thread list. Whatever thy post gets less exposure.

Thanks for addressing this. There have been countless occasions where I've noticed this occurring due to the time zone factor as you mentioned.

It wouldn't be so much a factor for guys not working a regular 9-5 job though, especially if they are not working and are online in the morning (which equates to evening for most of you gentlemen).

When I first joined the forum (early 2015), I was under the assumption that rep points were only awarded to those we meet in person. Then I was surprised when I started getting reps from those who haven't met me. But after spending a while on this forum, I came across many posts that had helped me in a tangible way, with measurable results. So I rep those who helped me, regardless of whether we met or not, as a way of saying thank you.

I agree 262 is an under-repped member. I've spent the last several months following his footsteps, and I've talked with him a bunch about the logistics of becoming an expat.

I don't really spend much time talking about politics or feminism here, that shit stresses me out and poisons my mood. So my focus is on lifestyle and travel, with some game.

But I agree there can be a disconnect between the number of reps and how that person is in real life. Don't let the number of my rep points fool you, though. I'm not one of those guys who just barrels into a bar and locks down the whole room in minutes, getting half of the females there to line up... (though I do have my moments).

I've met guys on here that are WAY under-repped, but that's probably because they don't post as much or aren't online during the busiest time of day. Either they're sleeping, working, or, more likely, banging tons of chicks.

I don't really get the rep point economy on this board. They can't possibly mean a single thing other than 'people really liked what you wrote or what you contribute overall xyz times'. By that standard, saying a guy is over or under-repped is silly. The rep that they have, by definition of the system, is the rep that they deserve.

Quote: (06-05-2016 06:01 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

An underated contributing factor to rep points besides style of writing/humor/charisma is time zone. I've noticed a lot of guys who live in SEA, East Asia, Australia and New Zealand tend to be under repped. Let's say a thread starts around peak traffic time from around 6-11 PM in North America. The first page comments, funny memes & insights by posters get more exposure, likes and in the long run ... rep points. All while the Aussies and SEA boys are either at work or school. By the time they get to the thread, it's at 3 pages and further down the thread list. Whatever thy post gets less exposure.

Ah, yes. A classic example of systemic time-zone based discrimination.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I should probably only have 20 reps since I've met about 20 guys, but, for whatever reason, I get reps randomly for saying silly shit on RVF. I'm not complaining but we shouldn't place too much stock in reps.

NTP had almost 100 reps and was found to be a fraud.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (06-05-2016 08:29 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I should probably only have 20 reps since I've met about 20 guys, but, for whatever reason, I get reps randomly for saying silly shit on RVF. I'm not complaining but we shouldn't place too much stock in reps.

I feel similarly, especially since I repped NTP before he got taken out.

In some cases, I will personally thank a poster via PM if I think I have something to say and they have put in considerable effort or have just contributed to making lives better. That happens here, and is more meaningful than a reputation point. It is usually better served for PMing because putting in the post is too tangential or breaks the flow of the conversation at hand.

So, I appreciate a good rep point, but on the other hand I don't put a lot of stock in them.

But yeah, if I had to name 1 poster who should have a billion reps, I'm going to say My Detroit Playas comes to mind. He always drops intelligent, thoughtful posts but he's criminally under repped.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I can only see positive outcomes resulting from bringing back negative reps. This definitely merits discussion.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (06-05-2016 08:40 PM)philosophical_recovery Wrote:  

In some cases, I will personally thank a poster via PM if I think I have something to say and they have put in considerable effort or have just contributed to making lives better. That happens here, and is more meaningful than a reputation point. It is usually better served for PMing because putting in the post is too tangential or breaks the flow of the conversation at hand.

So, I appreciate a good rep point, but on the other hand I don't put a lot of stock in them.

How does the rep point I just gave you make you feel?

Aloha!

Quote: (06-05-2016 08:49 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (06-05-2016 08:40 PM)philosophical_recovery Wrote:  

How does the rep point I just gave you make you feel?

Aloha!

Great! Especially since I noticed that you, Fortis, and I all have 44 rep points exactly.

[Image: its-a-conspiracy.jpg]