rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Plagiarism by highly knowledgeable and highly repped new member?

I have just found out after only cursory googling, that Nasa Test Pilot has been guilty of posting large walls of text that originate from other online sources.

Like most members i was impressed with both NTP's extensive knowledge on a staggering myriad of topics and his impressive lifestyle as well. In the thread on Buddhism Suits and Traveller kai called out NTP on discrepancies on his "I was a buddhist martial arts adept at a young age in early 1970's China"

I initially thought "Hey extraordinary people do extraordinary things. I know I do." But something didnt sit right. Something about NTP's numerous posts and thread just sounded and read like: sales copy. Many of us on here are writers, either professionally, or by default. I started to realize that there is no distinctive voice in these posts. This is regurgitated info gathered from professionally written sources. It is clearly not coming all from one writer. I quickly googled some of NTP's words in the Buddhism thread that he stamped his authority on

:thread-55484-page-5.html

Quote: (05-17-2016 11:15 AM)AboveAverageJoe Wrote:  

Nasa Test Pilot wrote these verbatim in this thread earlier:

Zen Buddhism is said to have originated in China with the teachings of the monk Bodhidharma. Zen Buddhism treats zazen meditation and daily practice as essential for attaining Enlightenment.

Found it verbatim on this website Brocks Buddhism Blog: https://brocktator.wordpress.com/

He later says this, again verbatim:

The historical Buddha Gautama was not the first Buddha. There had been others who had walked the way before him. He was not a god, a prophet or any kind of supernatural being. He was one who was born, lived and died a human being (achieving enlightenment after according to their tradition). A remarkable human being, who discovered a way of achieving true wisdom, compassion and freedom from suffering. He is said to have rediscovered an ancient way to a destination/state of being that had been covered up and forgotten. Through his own efforts he was able to find the way out of suffering to liberation.

The Buddha did not teach that a God created the Universe. He pointed to a great Law or Dharma running through everything that exists. It is by living in accordance with this Law that true Wisdom and Compassion and hence freedom from suffering may be achieved. Suffering may only be overcome, however, by being confronted and lived through.

Found those entire two paragraphs verbatim after a quick google on this website: TheBuddhistSociety.org

http://www.thebuddhistsociety.org/page/f...-teachings

I could go on but I have shit to do. Real Shit.

This guy at the least is a plagiarist and serial embellisher. Take with a grain of salt.

This huge wall of text on his surfing thread:

Waves are mainly a product of the wind, as wind touches the surface of the ocean the energy is transferred to the water and helps create the swell (a group of travelling waves). Local shore winds can also produce waves, but they usually destroy the quality of the breaking waves. Onshore winds are typically known for creating choppy and bumpy waves because they push in the direction of the wave, making them unstable. In theory, low-pressure systems are responsible for creating good and strong waves. The friction created by these winds helps to form energy waves that travel thousands of miles until hitting final obstacles; usually coastal areas.

When swells eventually reach shallow water they slow down and the wave energy is released in the form of breaking waves. This energy is focused toward the more shallow areas of water, since that section of the wave isn’t moving as fast as the sections traveling over deeper water. The way in which the line of swell bends horizontally as it breaks is called “refraction” and is dependent on landscape characteristics and the depth of the sea floor. There are two types of refraction: Firstly is concave; where a line of swell travels over a raised bottom contour that has deeper water around it, the farthest ends of the wave will bend toward the shore. From the side, the wave looks like a bowl with energy focused at a peak in the middle; Teahupoʻo is an example of this. This type of wave can produce excellent surfing waves that can be ridden to the left or the right of the peak. The second is convex; where a line of swell encounters a headland, for example, with deeper water adjacent to it, the middle of the wave will bend away from the deep water and toward the shoreline. As a result, wave energy is spread over a wide area. This is known as convex refraction and can result in less powerful waves but longer rides than the concave variety.

There are a number of obstacles that can affect swell behavior as the wave moves toward the coastline like reefs, large rocks, jetties, sunken boats, or other artificial reefs. Sand banks are normally changing at beach breaks. This is why beach break wave quality is so variable and often unreliable. A new sand bank typically means a new wave peak because swell hits the sandy obstacle and pumps the wave crest, allowing surfable waves. The water drags along the bottom, transporting the sediment. If the motion is greater in one direction than the other, then the sediment will have a net displacement.

Waves are a complex result of many factors from being created by wind which is created by the rotation of the Earth and the friction that is caused by pressure differentials within the atmosphere, and influenced along the way by changes in sea floor topography, rainfall, tides, coastal backwash, currents and local winds. There is also stuff like geomorphology of the planet's surface, solar energy and gravity, but I am not going to get into that here dude.

I quickly found online in its entirety: on
http://www.surfertoday.com/surfing/6760-...-forecasts
Actually I believe the last sentence is his. Not like he wants to now google Geomorphology, solar energy, and gravity too.

His hangliding Thread is mostly sales copy cut and pasted from various hangliding sites.

I could go on but I will let others find their favorite NTP plagiarized nugget of wisdom and post them here.

Like I said many here are writers and there is no excuse for this online, in person, anywhere. Every line I type in this forum comes from my mind, through my fingers and on to my keyboard. This kind of BS will destabilize the integrity of this forum of learned men and that is unforgivable. NTP I call you on your BS.

A Notorious gangster once said:"All you have is your balls and your word."

[Image: hot-shots-pop-corn-o.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

[Image: popcorn5.gif]

[Image: latest?cb=20160105075515]

I'm one of the luckiest man alive, nothing in my life has been easy...

[Image: 1411.gif]

[Image: ohshit.gif]

I feel like this guys students when they find out this shit absolutely does not work:

Why does it matter if the poster is real, as long as the information is good..Why do other members get a pass but NASA does NOT? Guys such as Jariel who nobody has met after attempts by dozens of members..NASA is for sure inspiring some of us on the forum so some of you guys just need to stop hating..

Does anyone remember G Manifesto..
thread-35035.html

[Image: giphy.gif]

Newbs calling out other newbs.

I've seen it all.

Note -- Before the hour is up, format your post right and put the corresponding hyperlinks to his posts and the posts allegedly plagiarized. This makes it much easier to evaluate the claims.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Quote: (05-17-2016 01:20 PM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

Why does it matter if the poster is real, as long as the information is good..Why do other members get a pass but NASA does NOT? Guys such as Jariel who nobody has met after attempts by dozens of members..NASA is for sure inspiring some of us on the forum so some of you guys just need to stop hating..

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

The quality of Jariel's posts alone makes him relevant and welcomed here.

@2Wycked he's just bringing posts up from another thread where this all started anyways. I eagerly anticipate a response from NASA about all of these allegations.

[Image: popcorn2.gif]

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Ground control to Major Tom?

[Image: 2a6a29f448b90da4378224161b330033.1000x625x1.jpg]

You're kidding right? This is a forum where men exchange valuable information on the basis of trust. What good is a data sheet that someone made from pasting non forum members thoughts and experiences? Nothing that's what. This is a special place and he is posting info anyone could glean from anywhere and passing it off as a lifetime of learned experience. You don't see a problem with that? I have plenty of outrageous stories that I would never tell online because I wouldn't expect someone that doesnt know me personally believe me. I keep those stories for close friends and associates. If I told them in a public forum I know I would be called on them. Everything isn't for public consumption. But what we do share should be honest and verifiable otherwise its all just internet BS.

This should be a fun week.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

[Image: Nico%20successful-troll-is-successful.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

These are some mighty accusations.

A lot of this seems cut and pasted from various sources. From the geopolitics thread:

thread-53234...pid1214600
Quote:Quote:

If the US dollar loses part of its status as the global reserve currency, then some of this privilege would accrue to China rather than the U.S. Borrowing costs, most importantly for the United States (U.S.) Government, would go up, and it would be more difficult for the US Treasury through the Federal Reserve to intervene to prop up the value of the currency in a sustained fashion (see my previous posts regarding the ESF). This would in turn weaken the ability of the U.S. to deficit spend and the sustainability of existing debt. The U.S. ability to enforce financial sanctions on foreign governments that it would like to control/influence would also decrease.

From a similar Quora posting:
https://www.quora.com/Will-the-acceptanc...-to-the-US

Under this view, if the US dollar loses parts of its status as the global reserve currency, then some of this privilege would accrue to China rather than the U.S. Borrowing costs, most importantly for the government, would go up, and it would be more difficult for the Federal Reserve system to intervene to prop up the value of the currency in a sustained fashion (though it doesn't do this except as a side effect of other conventional policies). This would in turn weaken the ability of the United States to deficit spend and the sustainability of existing debt. If this view is true then yes, absolutely the adoption of the CNY as a competing reserve currency would be detrimental to the United States.

His test pilot datasheet:
thread-54578...pid1255129

The Test Pilot School was created to formalize and standardize test pilot training in order to reduce the high accident rates (not to mention the even higher incident rates) as well as increase the number of productive test flights. In addition to the test pilots, there are also flight test engineers (often pilots themselves) and flight test navigators (who are also sometimes pilots).

From Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Air_F...lot_School

The Test Pilot School was created to formalize and standardize test pilot training in order to reduce the high accident rate during the 1940s and increase the number of productive test flights.[3] In response to the increasing complexity of aircraft and their electronic systems, the school added training programs for flight test engineers and flight test navigators.

I don't think i've ever seen anything like this done before and to this level.

I am curiously waiting for NTP's reply to these allegations [Image: undecided.gif]

Hating ? Please.

We just appreciate when people are genuine, and don't plagiarize.

Now I don't know about the rest of NTP's posts, but this is something that needs to be discussed.

Jariel and NTP are completely different, Jariel focuses on game, his shit is actually genuine, I doubt if you googled paragraphs of his stuff, you'll find there isn't anything like it on the internet.

Maybe there's a reason Jariel hasn't met up with anyone, but he hasn't made any VAST claims about his lifestyle such as NTP.

This is why sights are dialed in on NTP.

NTP might be absolutely inspiring, but some RVF guys are right, there is something odd going on here.

Plagiarism isn't cool in my book, and it does damage credibility.

It sucks seeing this happen, but truth is better than fiction.

EDIT: Now you add G Manifesto, I was waiting for that.

I didn't follow that guy, I also didn't read much of his stuff since that was long before me.

I personally don't know if he's a fake or not, this is another reason I take everything with a grain of salt online.

Good catch

[Image: sadwave.gif]

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Does anyone remember G Manifesto..
thread-35035.html

It matters if its directly copy paste. He might use the forum to launch his own "copy/paste" marketing product which overall lowers the value of the forum.
The forum has remained high quality primarily because of the strict rules prohibiting such acts.

Plagiarism isn't cool and should be called out.

That being said, welcome to the Internet.

I always thought his whole persona was too "RVF-perfect" to be true.

Hope I'm wrong. Think I'm right.

(he's not the only one I think this about).

Hey Joe,

Some copy and paste stuff in order to give a summary about sailing or handgliding, etc, hardly calls for the guillotine.

If you're looking to hang him, then go after something important like the Venezuela travel intel. That's the important stuff.

If you can't do that then drop your petty witchhunt.