rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A red pill night at the bar

I'm sitting in a bar having a nightcap. Across from me is a couple. The girl is probably a 5 or 6 with blue hair, smoking a cigarette. She was probably pretty a few years ago - definitely a wall victim. The guy is relatively decent looking and could probably pull more tail than he realizes. I can't help but wonder if they married young, and why this guy decided to commit to her. But they seem happy so who am I to judge? She leaves the bar without him. I look up with a grinning and ask "Did you fire her?" He chuckles and mumbles something about a TV show.

A cute 24 year old I used to bang walks in. Apparently she has a boyfriend now. I buy her a shot and she kisses me on the cheek. As the night goes on, a guy approaches her and I can overhear him hitting on her. She says "I have a boyfriend" and he slinks away defeated. All I can think is "dude, your game sucks." She leaves, kisses me on the cheek the cheek again and says "Hank, you should call me." I wonder where her boyfriend is.

As I'm sipping my scotch, I get a text from the 21 year old stripper I'm seeing. She was on a vacation she can't afford this weekend, paid for by "a friend." I don't ask a lot of questions or even care. Why anyone would pay for what can be had for free, I do not know. I tell her I'm at the bar next to my house, and she should drop by for a drink. A minute later, the waitress I'm alao seeing texts me and asks if I want to go to the gym with her tomorrow. I respond with a typical laconic response: "maybe". I know both of these "relationships" will end in about six or seven months like the last ones did. They always do.

A bit bored, I text a guy friend and ask if he wants to join me. "Can't, bro. Doing wife and kid stuff. Gotta be up early for work." I forgot that it's Sunday, and some people have real jobs to support their families. I can't tell if he's happy or just working for work's sake. He has asked me for divorce advice on occasion. His wife has made comments about "loving him, but not being in love with him." He's worried about losing his money and kid, and he should be. He texts me back "What are you up to tomorrow, Hank?"

I'm not really sure what I'm up to tomorrow. Being self employed affords me a lot of freedom. I will probably sleep in, go to the gym, and take a jijitsu class. Beyond that, I do not know.

I order another shot even though it's close to midnight.

Cool story bro

It's kind of depressing.

[Image: 18yqh1t6815v9gif.gif]

Places You could have put this:

Drunk Lounge:

thread-16973-page-36.html

Player's Lounge:

thread-24128-page-302.html

Forum Lounge:

thread-9856-page-699.html

Some required reading:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Unwarra...Importance

[Image: g3KvO.gif]

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Actually the guy makes legitly helpful posts

Quote: (04-17-2016 11:29 PM)EDantes Wrote:  

Was this legit enough to warrant a thread? Could you tell me what you learned from this?

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

I'm 99.9% sure that Comte De St. Germain is being sarcastic.

Edit: I take that back.

Hank has absolutely proved his worth to the forum.

Random musings like these still don't deserve their own thread.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Here is where I was going with this...

Often I find a red pill existence to be a bit depressing. I am critical of people in monogamous relationships, and I wonder how they happened. I am critical of people without game, who flee at the line "I have a boyfriend." (and, of course, of the girls who cheat on their boyfriends). I am critical of the girls who lead betas on while fucking degenerates like myself, and the ladies who have no problem taking a "vacation" with some hapless soul desperate for poon.

As a lawyer, I have to hear married men complain to me about their divorces - about being married to someone who is not in love with them anymore, complicated even more by things like joint finances and children.

Coupled, of course, with my own existence, which is basically a series of meaningless short term relationships with no emotional depth whatsoever.

It's like however you look at it, no one is really happy. Where do we find meaning in it all?

Tonight all those issues seemed to manifest in a weird evening while just trying to have a nightcap and write a little bit. Maybe it was worth writing about, maybe it wasn't. I'm just trying to jot it all down.

I think the overriding idea is that a red pill life for a single guy can get a bit depressing at times, and you begin to feel disgusted with the things you hear girls say. I've had a few nights like this and I get kind of lonely… There's that random girl at the bar, sex is on the table, but you would much rather chill with a friend [The only problem is you're pushing 30, they have a family and life gets in the way]. Maybe I'm way off but that was my takeaway.

Quote: (04-18-2016 01:25 AM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Often I find a red pill existence to be a bit depressing. I am critical of people in monogamous relationships, and I wonder how they happened. I am critical of people without game, who flee at the line "I have a boyfriend." (and, of course, of the girls who cheat on their boyfriends). I am critical of the girls who lead betas on while fucking degenerates like myself, and the ladies who have no problem taking a "vacation" with some hapless soul desperate for poon.

As a lawyer, I have to hear married men complain to me about their divorces - about being married to someone who is not in love with them anymore, complicated even more by things like joint finances and children.

Coupled, of course, with my own existence, which is basically a series of meaningless short term relationships with no emotional depth whatsoever.

It's like however you look at it, no one is really happy. Where do we find meaning in it all?

Tonight all those issues seemed to manifest in a weird evening while just trying to have a nightcap and write a little bit. Maybe it was worth writing about, maybe it wasn't. I'm just trying to jot it all down.
Not sure, I definitely don't as many the legions of hands-on experience with you, but what works for me is to have a philosophical purpose behind it all.

I think anything that seems like a thrill at first will probably feel meaningless after awhile, things guys thought of as the best thing in the world as a kid, such as playing your first Playstation or N64 game when you were 9 years old, now seem completely pointless and vapid.

I feel the same way in my own experiences thus far with women, as a teen just losing the V card seemed like the best thing ever; now I'm at the point where I think anything other than gaming 7-10/10 women is a waste of time; but even if I eventually get access to all of the beautiful women I want, I'll probably get bored of that too one day. Even a guy like Hugh Hefner probably does.

My mindset lately is less of the 'red pill' mindset but more of the 'player mindset'; I'm less interest and motivated in doing things to improve myself just to have sex with women I don't even like (not against casual sex, but not viewing it as a be all end all); I'm looking for a deeper philosophical purpose which I'll work everything else into.

This has just been my own experience from observing people anyway; some guys I've known who were fairly successful in some areas seemed to end up discontent with their lives, while other guys who some might assume were scrubs or unambitious on the surface (ex. working jobs that didn't pay a lot of money) seemed a lot genuinely happier.

I haven't figured out what the "secret" really is, but my conclusion is that it's about having some deeper sense of purpose behind the things one does than simply to amuse oneself; that's why I look to people like Aristotle and the American Founders as a source of inspiration.

Sounds like you've got cabin fever and need to take a vacation ... to EE/SEA/LatAm [Image: wink.gif]

That's ya own fault for what seems to be a pathological attraction to sex workers who just became old enough to drink last Thursday. One of the reasons I like online dating around here is that it's a college town, and I have some success hitting up young women (though not fucking 21 year olds, christ who could tolerate them) who are attractive enough to be strippers, but aren't because they know how to string a few words together into a coherent sentence and stayed in fucking school.

Though the couple relationships I've had since I started running game were definitely "short term" I didn't at all find most of them "meaningless." The first really cute girl I banged from online game eventually nexted me for a guy who wanted to commit to her. So what? When we met we were both kind of in a slump with respect to our self-confidence - she was on the rebound from a LTR, I had just gotten into game. We got together, did fun things, had great sex, and a couple months later when it ended we both seemed to agree that we were better off for it.

If relationships of that type don't fit your criteria for "emotional depth" then I guess you're basically saying that human relations in general have no emotional depth.

Quote:Quote:

It's like however you look at it, no one is really happy.

Well, I mean, if you're determined to convince yourself of that fact, you'll probably always be able to find evidence of it. Frankly, I don't see the data for it.

And "happiness" is ebb and flow like the tides. It isn't away forever, and it doesn't stay forever. It will more or less be like that every day of your life, until you leave this Earth.

Where do we find meaning in it all?

You have to be a light to yourself.

Sounds like you're looking for it "out there", in the same broken fashion that Facebook and Instagram attention whores judge their self-worth on the number of "likes" they receive each week.

You'll never find it. You'll always come up empty.

One of the reasons I like online dating around here is that it's a college town, and I have some success hitting up young women who are attractive enough to be strippers, but aren't because they know how to string a few words together into a coherent sentence and stayed in fucking school.

Come on now. Are you really making the case that the girls you’re finding via OKC are of a “higher quality”? We know based on your post history that not only is that bullshit, but you know it’s bullshit. Hank is making the observation based on his own experience (and that of the membership here) that the dating "scene" these days is fucked up, and we are dealing with a generation of broken women. I'd say this is an objectively true observation.

Though the couple relationships I've had since I started running game were definitely "short term" I didn't at all find most of them "meaningless."

What was meaningful about them? You fulfilled a basic, animalistic need in their lives for a brief period of time, and they fulfilled that need of yours. When things got old, you (or her) moved on. Where's the "meaning"?

If relatonships of that type don't fit your criteria for "emotional depth" then I guess you're basically saying that human relations in general have no emotional depth.

He's making the point that the reality of "serial monogamy" and hookup culture leaves women unable to maintain any kind of a lasting bond and he is right on the money. Your cases are probably no different, despite your proclamations that your short term trysts have any depth or meaning. Part of being red pilled is accepting your own disposability and replacability. I'd say that Hank's lamenting not having meaning in this context shows he has a higher standard for what constitutes a meaningful human connection than someone who thinks every 2 month fling is meaningful.

Well, I mean, if you're determined to convince yourself of that fact, you'll probably always be able to find evidence of it. Frankly, I don't see the data for it.

I see the data everywhere. A generation of damaged, broken people and you don't see the data? Come on man.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

You know sometimes I daydream of monogamous relationship, then snap back to reality when a plate texts me.

I might look back at my last relationship and say, man she was really a cool chick, will I find another girl like her ? Then I snap back to reality and realize it wasn't a healthy situation for the long run. It going for 2 years was more than long enough.

Red Pill IS somewhat depressing, we break out of the fairy tale fiction bullshit that we call love, relationships, and marriage.

We see women for who and what they are, what marriages should really be about, and we're apart of the secret society now.

You CAN'T go back, it's a bitter pill to swallow, but you're thankful and make the best of it.

Your own existence is more than mini LTR's, you have a talent to write, you're a lawyer also. Those 2 points alone shows you aren't meaningless.

You know after I bang a new girl or a plate, I go to the bathroom to wash up. I look in the mirror, I'll laugh and shake my head, knowing I got no LMR or battled through hell for that notch. All the while knowing, it isn't going to last or this just might be a ONS.

I still know there is more to life than this.

There is WAY more than pussy out there - pussy gets me off - and keeps me grounded. BUT there's so much more to do in life.

I turned down a great morning fuck session with a plate, kicked her out early because I went shooting with the boys - shit was way more fun.

WIA told me once that playing the game and swallowing the red pill is heaven and purgatory.

It's true.

Life is what you make of it, maybe it's time to focus on other things.

Sounds like a classic case of loneliness. Still not worth its own thread, but all the same. You have to find yourself among the people that count. The people who go out there and want to achieve things.

Realize a toxic view on existence only attracts toxic people. Not to mention being able to enjoy a single moment of solace is something worthwhile. If you're there by yourself and no one wants to come hang out. Then you see some poor sap strike out with your ex. Just ignore it all.

Focus on the ambiance of the bar. The taste of a good drink and let your mind wander. I'd say it's more of a sign of comfort to know that you won't fall for the same old tricks and are in a way smarter than those around you. It gives the leeway to do as you wish.

With that in mind you need to take a trip and when you come back find people whom want achieve with a more positive worldview. Read some books, breathe some air, and enjoy the road just passing you by.

All the best,

Comte

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (04-17-2016 11:31 PM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Was this legit enough to warrant a thread? Could you tell me what you learned from this?

Oh here we go...the thread creation gate keeper brigade strikes again.

Quote: (04-18-2016 11:10 AM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

Come on now. Are you really making the case that the girls you’re finding via OKC are of a “higher quality”? We know based on your post history that not only is that bullshit, but you know it’s bullshit. Hank is making the observation based on his own experience (and that of the membership here) that the dating "scene" these days is fucked up, and we are dealing with a generation of broken women. I'd say this is an objectively true observation.

The ones I bang for any length of time seem to be able to construct coherent thoughts, and could tell me approximately how many presidents there were, and how many messed-up overseas conflicts we've had in the past century that a lot of good men died in. Aside from being DTF on the regular, that's a quality I appreciate.

I understand the desire to bemoan the average low quality of American women these days - I know I'm guilty of it myself from time to time. But I thought that in general the purpose of this forum was to work within the constraints that one is presented with and succeed to the best of one's ability, not muse over things one can't control.

Maybe I'm still too idealistic. If becoming burned-out and jaded is the inevitable consequence of running game for any length of time, maybe this isn't really the right place for me.

What was meaningful about them? You fulfilled a basic, animalistic need in their lives for a brief period of time, and they fulfilled that need of yours. When things got old, you (or her) moved on. Where's the "meaning"?

You're born, you eat, shit, laugh, cry, die. You could easily say that all of life is simply fulfilling a basic, animalistic instinct - a biological program. What "meaning" are you looking for, exactly? A thousand philosophers a lot smarter than I have made pretty good arguments that there isn't any objective "meaning", other than what you construct for yourself.

I went through an experience with severe illness for several years - I was pretty close to death on one occasion. It changes a person, and it's part of the reason I'm here. Maybe it was my own "epiphany phase."

He's making the point that the reality of "serial monogamy" and hookup culture leaves women unable to maintain any kind of a lasting bond and he is right on the money. Your cases are probably no different, despite your proclamations that your short term trysts have any depth or meaning. Part of being red pilled is accepting your own disposability and replacability. I'd say that Hank's lamenting not having meaning in this context shows he has a higher standard for what constitutes a meaningful human connection than someone who thinks every 2 month fling is meaningful.

I think I'm in the process of accepting those truths, but maybe in a different way. It is what you make it.

I'm banging a couple attractive smart chicks from OKC regularly these days. They seem to like me. Madonnas or whores? Yes, both. I like 'em for what they are. If I decide I want to find "meaning" in that, I challenge anyone to tell me I'm wrong somehow.

I see the data everywhere. A generation of damaged, broken people and you don't see the data? Come on man.

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.” - Socrates, thousands of years ago.

Even if it's true, it's still not really my problem.

I read this while hearing the Taxi Driver soundtrack in my head.

It's a story most players can relate to. The path that most of us have chosen will ultimately lead to existential questions. Most of us who have been in game a long time will have some dark, self-reflective moments. We get caught up in the chase and neglect a higher purpose and meaning. We need to remind ourselves now and again of a more purposeful mission.

The ending of this story is almost too good to be true. After I hit the submit button, I'm sitting there sort of wondering if the thread was worth submitting at all. I'd written it from my phone, which is not normally my preferred modicum of writing.

As I'm sitting there reading the comments, the girl with the blue hair ends up coming back and getting trashed. I've been hanging out at this bar for 10 years, so I know the bartender quite well, and I'm a good tipper. At this point I'm talking to an older lady next to me about estate planning, and shooting the shit with the bartender about politics and hockey. This is a bar where everyone generally knows each other. The couple were new.

The blue haired gal, now wasted, suddenly butts into my conversation:

"So who are YOU voting for? Sanders or Clinton?"
"There's no question. Donald Trump" I respond.
"Hahaha you're funny... who are you voting for?"
"Trump. I'm being dead serious."

She gets visibly upset about this, and starts saying the usual SJW bullshit "he's a racist, you're a racist, why do we need a wall blah blah blah." I then proceed to decimate her positions verbally, because that's what I do for a living, even though it comes out that she "has a masters degree." Keep in mind that I'm a pretty good public speaker, I have a thick local accent, and now the entire bar is listening and laughing. Most of the patrons are blue collar working class.

She starts pouting and is becoming visibly upset. She then belts out "I would never hire you as my lawyer!", to which I calmly respond "Well that's good, because I would never let you be my client." Now she's really upset and throwing a tantrum. "You are so fucked up! I can't even believe this conversation is happening!"

I finally turn to her husband and say "Bro, you need to get your woman in check. I'm here to drink and loosen up, not be bombarded with this quasi-academic feminist bullshit. This is a corner bar, not a college safe space." I go back to my drink and reading this thread.

Then it gets weird...

She pulls up a chair next to me and grabs my arm, not like she's mad at me, but like she's hitting on me.

"Hey, I didn't mean to make you mad, I don't want you to hate me, it's just that I feel very strongly about my beliefs and I've never met someone who openly supports Donald Trump."
"Hun, all real men support Donald Trump but they won't tell you because you'll throw a hissy fit like you did 10 minutes ago. I'm self employed and don't really give a shit, so I can say whatever the fuck I want. Anyway, tell the bartender to send you and your husband a round of shots on me and enjoy the rest of your night. Oh, and make America great again." I'm clearly uninterested the conversation, and trying to go back to my other conversation about estate planning.
"I don't want you to be mad at me. I don't know if anyone's told you this... but your accent is really cute." She starts rubbing my arm, and looking at me.
"If I didn't know better, I would say you're trying to take me home... I doubt your husband over there would like that."
"We're not exclusive..."

I can't even make this shit up.

Ecclesiastes 1:17-18

"And I set my mind to know wisdom and to know madness and folly; I realized that this also is striving after wind. Because in much wisdom there is much grief, and increasing knowledge results in increasing pain."

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

"We're not exclusive....we're polyamorous"

Cue polyamorous thread you made.

Quote: (04-17-2016 10:57 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

I'm not really sure what I'm up to tomorrow. Being self employed affords me a lot of freedom. I will probably sleep in, go to the gym, and take a jijitsu class. Beyond that, I do not know.

Don't you have your own law practice?

I would have thought Monday would be quite busy.

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (04-18-2016 02:26 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

"We're not exclusive....we're polyamorous"

Cue polyamorous thread you made.

Yeah, I know.

I'm sitting there like "is this really happening? It's like the entire RVF, summed up in a random Sunday night at the bar."