rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

British Guy in USA Early October. Where?

Hi all - long time reader but first post.

I'm going to the states first week of October for 7 nights alone on business. I can travel anywhere within reason and I'm looking to use my London accent to my advantage.

About me.

I'm not ripped, or have a six pack etc I'm a normal guy - I'm slightly over weight but I'm not fat.. I'm 32 years old, and told I look 28!, I'm broad shouldered, 6'1 tall, blue eyes, dark blonde hair and have no problem with confidence and being cheeky but nice. I've been there and done it in the UK. I would say looks wise I'm a 6/10 on a good day. I've always games with my charm and banter - usually works well after the initial approach but sometimes I find approaches hit or miss as I'm not a cliche good looking guy, if you know what I mean?

Where to go?

I've read about tier 2 USA cities on here and I'm eyeing up Austin, TX and Phoenix, AZ but I'm concerned about the 'solo traveller' aspect because whenever I've gamed successfully I've been with my friend(s) initially until I got the breakaway in a good 'buzzing' atmosphere.

I was in LA in February and my accent worked well. I was totally direct and it worked a charm. I just used the 'where's the best place to party in LA' line and one girl replied 'my apartment' lol and that was being in the club for 25 minutes at 10:30pm!

I like a blonde in heels (who doesnt) but brunettes are nice too - I just want to meet some more 'local' American girls who will be hot on the London accent and easy to approach and/or will approach me.

I don't want to date, I'm there for 7 nights only and a man has needs.

Thanks in advance.

Austin, Dallas, Chicago and Charlotte would be good choices. If you're looking for a smaller city I'd recommend Providence, Rhode Island.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Quote: (08-09-2015 07:52 PM)Londoner Wrote:  

Hi all - long time reader but first post.

I'm going to the states first week of October for 7 nights alone on business. I can travel anywhere within reason and I'm looking to use my London accent to my advantage.

About me.

I'm not ripped, or have a six pack etc I'm a normal guy - I'm slightly over weight but I'm not fat.. I'm 32 years old, and told I look 28!, I'm broad shouldered, 6'1 tall, blue eyes, dark blonde hair and have no problem with confidence and being cheeky but nice. I've been there and done it in the UK. I would say looks wise I'm a 6/10 on a good day. I've always games with my charm and banter - usually works well after the initial approach but sometimes I find approaches hit or miss as I'm not a cliche good looking guy, if you know what I mean?

Where to go?

I've read about tier 2 USA cities on here and I'm eyeing up Austin, TX and Phoenix, AZ but I'm concerned about the 'solo traveller' aspect because whenever I've gamed successfully I've been with my friend(s) initially until I got the breakaway in a good 'buzzing' atmosphere.

I was in LA in February and my accent worked well. I was totally direct and it worked a charm. I just used the 'where's the best place to party in LA' line and one girl replied 'my apartment' lol and that was being in the club for 25 minutes at 10:30pm!

I like a blonde in heels (who doesnt) but brunettes are nice too - I just want to meet some more 'local' American girls who will be hot on the London accent and easy to approach and/or will approach me.

I don't want to date, I'm there for 7 nights only and a man has needs.

Thanks in advance.

Go to Las Vegas, Nevada. You can thank me later! ;-)

If you're just going for 7 nights I wouldn't really bother with a 2nd tier city, you're going to want a variety of things to do and places to go. I'd say Chicago. Weather will be mild in early Oct. Plenty of women, great places to eat and drink. I like Chicago.

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (08-09-2015 08:45 PM)CharlesHustle Wrote:  

Go to Las Vegas, Nevada. You can thank me later! ;-)

Haha thanks for the reply - but I went to Vegas in April and laid an English northerner in the hotel toilets... ironic.

I adore Vegas, but 7 nights on my own in sin city is a bit much...

Quote: (08-09-2015 08:43 PM)RIslander Wrote:  

Austin, Dallas, Chicago and Charlotte would be good choices. If you're looking for a smaller city I'd recommend Providence, Rhode Island.

Thank you. What would you say is best for mid-week day/night game too - bearing in mind I'm solo travelling on this trip...

My favorite US cities are San Diego, Boston, and NYC. Best looking girls and urban cultures in my opinion but also heavy competition, especially in SD (when I lived in the states a few years ago, anyway... Times can change). I've heard that Texas is awesome, but I've never been. Avoid San Francisco, Portland and Seattle at all costs unless you like aggressive liberal freaks and bad weather.

Vegas is perfect for soloing. Do you play poker? between some gambling, the pools, the strip, the daytime activities, etc... itll give you a lot to do during the day (unless youre planning on daygaming 12/7

There is no greater Poosy Paradise for a British man with a good accent than NYC.

Quote: (08-11-2015 06:17 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

There is no greater Poosy Paradise for a British man with a good accent than NYC.

Absolutely. You'd expect New Yorker's to be jaded, but it just isn't the case. I have a quasi-British accent and found New York great.

Probably doesn't matter that much what accent you have, though if you sound like Prince William it will obviously be better than if you sound like Eliza Doolittle's brother. If you have a regional accent that is very far from received pronunciation tone it down or speak slower so that people can understand you.

Don't know you, so obviously don't know if this applies, but in my experience British travelers often have a problem holding their liquor. If you're in a resort in Greece with other Brits that's not going to be a big problem, but when in the broader local community it could get you in trouble. You know, spilling your beer on the wrong person at the wrong time. I'm thinking of a recent case I witnessed when the Brit traveler came so close to getting seriously punched right in the face, by a seriously large and very angry guy. Might not have killed him, but would definitely have killed his holiday.

Anyway, I second New York. Forget about second tier cities and go straight to the top tier. That's were most of the talent is anyway.

Well, in great British tradition, I seem to spend every waking hour of my regular time in NYC pretty inebriated.

Just open every single girl with some cliched British nonsense...catnip.

None of this, "oh my gaaaaawd, you've had 2 drinks this week, you're an alcoholic" thing a lot of Americans seem to subscribe to.

There are plenty of people with British (and Australian, although different) accents that troll around Manhattan during the night. You can have success with it but I feel like you'd get more of a return in a smaller, less cosmopolitan city.

Quote: (08-11-2015 12:36 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote:  

There are plenty of people with British (and Australian, although different) accents that troll around Manhattan during the night. You can have success with it but I feel like you'd get more of a return in a smaller, less cosmopolitan city.

He's only there for a week.

He needs slam dunk opportunities every single night.

Quote: (08-11-2015 02:39 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

Vegas is perfect for soloing. Do you play poker? between some gambling, the pools, the strip, the daytime activities, etc... itll give you a lot to do during the day (unless youre planning on daygaming 12/7

Thank you. I am/was tempted with Vegas but having been there early this year already, I would like to 'see' America. Also, not sure I will come back alive lol.

Quote: (08-11-2015 10:14 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Don't know you, so obviously don't know if this applies, but in my experience British travelers often have a problem holding their liquor.

Thank you, I appreciate your concern and agree with you for some people. I can handle my beer - I'm always the last person standing with my mates, and I am a drinker!

Quote: (08-11-2015 12:40 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

He's only there for a week.

He needs slam dunk opportunities every single night.

+1 on this point ha. I have never been to NYC but I am also hearing good things about Austin, TX - anyone verify this as a good location for a Brit?

Also could someone let me know the best location to stay for mid-week gaming logistics in NYC?

Thank you!

If you decide on the Dallas area, let me know. Assuming I'm back from Asia.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Quote: (08-11-2015 03:21 PM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

If you decide on the Dallas area, let me know. Assuming I'm back from Asia.

Will do. What's Dallas like (for a Londoner?)

The only thing with Texas is the fact that you will need a car for your entire journey.

I love Texas but it's a hassle due to the above.

Quote: (08-12-2015 04:32 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

The only thing with Texas is the fact that you will need a car for your entire journey.

I love Texas but it's a hassle due to the above.

I'm tempted. Although the flights have jumped ridiculously high in the last few days.

I don't mind hiring a car, I need something to do for a week as well so exploring a bit will be fun.

You just need to think about it from a Game point of view, that's all.

Will driving to clubs and bars kill your game not being able to drink too much?

How will you arrange your logistics etc.

Would not choose Texas. Chicago, NYC, maybe even Minneapolis.

Quote: (08-12-2015 04:43 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

I heard about Minneapolis on here too. Apparently Saint Cloud is supposed to be interesting?

Quote: (08-12-2015 04:41 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

I agree. Good points. I'm confused! NYC sounds so good, but I can kinda go there when ever if you know what I mean, I like the thought of somewhere a bit more off the track to 'see' the USA too.

Quote: (08-12-2015 04:50 AM)Londoner Wrote:  

Quote: (08-12-2015 04:43 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

I heard about Minneapolis on here too. Apparently Saint Cloud is supposed to be interesting?

I would stick to Minneapolis. The post you read about St. Cloud was probably written by me. It can be fun for a few nights, but there really isn't much to do otherwise. If you were committed to a longer stay and had time to waste I'd say go for it, but on a 7 day trip you'll have more options in Minneapolis. Still a lot of great looking girls with little attitude, who will be greatly impressed by your accent. Good choice of hotels, nice mild weather at that time, and you can venture out of the city to smaller towns if you choose. Would be glad to point you in the right direction if you come.

Quote: (08-12-2015 04:51 AM)Londoner Wrote:  

I agree. Good points. I'm confused! NYC sounds so good, but I can kinda go there when ever if you know what I mean, I like the thought of somewhere a bit more off the track to 'see' the USA too.

As a person that loves the US (why isn't there a word like Anglophile for the US btw?) I get what you're saying.

The thing is you only have 7 days...I think you need to decide what your priorities are.

Is it Game? Is it seeing stuff?

The answer to this is important in choosing your destination.

Quote: (08-12-2015 05:13 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Quote: (08-12-2015 04:51 AM)Londoner Wrote:  

As a person that loves the US (why isn't there a word like Anglophile for the US btw?) I get what you're saying.

The thing is you only have 7 days...I think you need to decide what your priorities are.

Is it Game? Is it seeing stuff?

The answer to this is important in choosing your destination.

Game with some stuff to do to curb the boredom of solo travelling and open up day-game opportunities.