rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

9 people killed in shooting at black church in Charleston, S.C.
people killed in shooting at black church in Charleston, S.C.
From CBC

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/9-people-ki...-1.3118057

A gunman opened fire on Wednesday evening at a historic African-American church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina, killing nine people.

The suspect in the shooting is still at large. He was described as a 21-year-old white man wearing a sweatshirt, jeans and boots, Charleston police said in a message on Twitter.

"I do believe this was a hate crime," Charleston's police chief, Gregory Mullen, told reporters shortly before 1 a.m. ET.

"It is unfathomable that somebody in today's society would walk into a church when people are having a prayer meeting and take their lives," Mullen said.

One shooting victim died at a local hospital, while the rest were pronounced dead at the Emanuel AME Church.

Charleston Mayor Joe Riley called it a "most unspeakable, heartbreaking tragedy," and officials promised to hunt down the suspect and bring him to justice. A reward for assisting in the suspect's capture was expected to be announced Thursday.

Police said the shooting occurred around 9 p.m. local time. There were survivors, officials said, but they did not yet have specific information on how many people survived.

A bomb threat was later reported near the scene of the church shooting, but the threat was declared over before officials met with reporters.

A police chaplain was present at the scene of the shooting, and a helicopter with a searchlight hovered overhead as officers combed through the area.

A group of several men stood in a circle in front of a hotel near the church. "We pray for the families, they've got a long road ahead of them," Reverend James Johnson, a local civil rights activist, said during the impromptu prayer service.

The website for the church said it has one of the largest and oldest black congregations in the region. It was built in 1891 and is considered a historically significant building, according to the National Park Service.

The church is led by Rev. Clementa Pinckney, who also serves in the state senate, according to the church's website. Police would not confirm if Pinckney was one of the victims.

USA-SHOOTING/SOUTH CAROLINA
A small prayer circle forms nearby where police are responding to a shooting at the Emanuel AME Church. (Randall Hill/Reuters)

Gov. Nikki Lena released a statement at 12:30 a.m. ET indicating that her family was praying for the victims and their families.

"While we do not yet know all of the details, we do know that we'll never understand what motivates anyone to enter one of our places of worship and take the life of another," Lena said. "Please join us in lifting up the victims and their families with our love and prayers."

Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush, scheduled to make a campaign stop in Charleston on Thursday, cancelled that appearance given the tragedy.

"Governor Bush's thoughts and prayers are with the individuals and families affected by this tragedy," the statement said.

Yes, Christians can be terrorrists too. Terrorism is not only from people claiming to be from Islam.
Quote: (06-18-2015 01:20 AM)mikado Wrote:  

Yes, Christians can be terrorrists too. Terrorism is not only from people claiming to be from Islam.

The murder victims were Christians, so what the hell are you talking about?

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18
This guy attacked innocent people who happened to be black. We need more details, but from we have already we can assume he did it for racial agenda.

I consider this type of actions terrorism.

PS: I worded it poorly, my bad. What I meant is that terrorism can be commited by people from any background, or religion.

I'm not sure you will find anyone who will argue with this statement, which seems to be what you're looking for. In the past few years in the US alone people of all races have committed mass murders.

Very interesting way to start a thread about a big news story. [Image: suspicious.gif]
After seeing countless threads on terrorism, I think this particular case is important in reminding us that all human minds can be perverted like that. Whatever the religion or social group is.
Anyway let's get back to the topic, if you agree.
God dammit what the fuck is wrong with people. Fuck. This is horrific.
Aw, shit. This is going to blow up. They've been trying to stir the black vs white racial pot for years now with bullshit non-events like a mestizo defending himself against a black guy, a police officer shooting a thug in self defense, a guy dropping dead from bad health etc. If this turns out to be what we're hearing from early indications, a white man killing 9 blacks in cold blood execution style, shit's going to explode.

RIP
Quote: (06-18-2015 01:36 AM)mikado Wrote:  

After seeing countless threads on terrorism, I think this particular case is important in reminding us that all human minds can be perverted like that. Whatever the religion or social group is.
Anyway let's get back to the topic, if you agree.

What's the topic again, is it the tragedy or your political agenda?

"Despite their numbers, their pussyness means I was barely hurt. 2 black eyes and a cut nose, no big deal. I could sense the fear in them so as they were walking I chased them down and told them to "go home". They all left like little girls." - Revelations 21:4
Nice try to bait me.

I will not comment anymore on that, sorry.
Quote: (06-18-2015 01:37 AM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

Aw, shit. This is going to blow up. They've been trying to stir the black vs white racial pot for years now with bullshit non-events like a mestizo defending himself against a black guy, a police officer shooting a thug in self defense, a guy dropping dead from bad health etc. If this turns out to be what we're hearing from early indications, a white man killing 9 blacks in cold blood execution style, shit's going to explode.

RIP

This didn't cross my mind but there's a good chance you're right. This timing is almost too perfect. I could absolutely see this being some kind of CIA job in order to start an actual race war and begin down the road to martial law like so many people have been talking about.
The strange part is the speed at which a new thing occurs to shock us is going at such a rate people don't have the energy to get surprised or upset anymore.

Upside is any terrible thing doesn't have long lasting effects in the societal conscious much anymore. Bad part is we focus on every new horrific event like it's the end of the world for about 36 hours, without letting any of the underlying causes really sink in before moving on.

Remember the terrorist shootings in France of that newspaper or whatever? That is a blur for me and it wasn't long ago.

All I really want to know if any of these incidents is what is the murderer's criminal and family history. Should they have already been put away, or is their family and childhood being fucked up, most likely both. Those are the only things you can really focus on fixing the problem long term. Either putting these guys away earlier for lesser offenses and/or creating a society that fosters stronger families and communities.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess the man that did this was not a successful professional or business owner with a wife and three kids.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems
Call for gun bans in 3...2...1.
Christians can be terrorists too, white people are racists, young males have mental disorders, guns are the root of all violence, anything else we are missing? Maybe the kid's girlfriend was cheating on him or dumped him.

Setting aside all political agendas this is just a terrible tragedy. From what has been released so far this kid went into a bible study that was going on in the church, sat there for a bit pretending like he was there for the prayer, then killed the pastor who was also a SC State Senator, and killed 8 others. He let one old lady and her granddaughter live so that she could tell the world what a cowardly hateful piece of shit he his.

Charleston is a proud, traditional, historic southern town and it wouldn't surprise me if there is a unified response from the community there to bring this p.o.s. to justice in a peaceful manner. This will not turn into a Ferguson or Baltimore type shit show unless Sharpton/Jackson and the mainstream media bring it to town.
Damn... Tragic. Not much else to be said here.
Here's to hoping the perp has the decency to "check himself out", or gets caught in a hail of hollow-point rounds. Better to not even have to subject the victim's family and community to a trial.

Not looking forward to how this one gets politicized. Sigh.

Terrorism is not only from people claiming to be from Islam.
Not only, just predominantly.
Does the USA have an endless stream of psychos or is it just me?

I wonder if the news will show off how the revenge attacks for this will happen.
Quote: (06-18-2015 04:55 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Does the USA have an endless stream of psychos or is it just me?

I wonder if the news will show off how the revenge attacks for this will happen.
When you consider the sheer amount of firearms in this country the actual rate of mass shootings(where the shooter had no direct relation or dispute with his victims and the number of victims >2) is quite low. It seems larger because it makes the news and we have a 24 news hour cycle (no one reports about the bus that is not on fire). The media can make you feel a certain way and corrupt the truth, for example most people believe that police do a dangerous job and are getting murdered at alarming rates, when in fact it is not that dangerous. More police die in the line of duty in car accidents and if a police officer does get murdered it is usually another police officer, but the news portrays them under constant threat of death from the general public. This media perversion skews the perception of how reality really is and ultimately people react on their perception of reality.

This shooting was tragic, and I hope they catch the asshole who did it.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....
I left Charleston a year ago.
I lived a couple blocks away from this church and have been there a couple times.

I've always said that Charleston is next.
It's reputation is pretty much built off of being modern recreation of the good ole slavery era south.

Despite being a great city, there are racist undertones everywhere.

Instead of people posting all these prayer notes.
I think this kid should be shot as soon as he shows his face

@ wastelander
Your first comment still doesn't make sense?
Because the victims were Christian? Another Christian can't be terroristic towards them?

I am the cock carousel
BTW he had already been identified

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20.../150619404
[Image: EP-150619404.jpg]

[Image: AR-150619404.jpg][Image: 0Dp1ASi.jpg]

Dylann Roof

I am the cock carousel
Edit: Breaking News the kids name is Dylann Storm Roof. That middle name Storm makes me think of that hate site.

Man looks like a kid with that Dumb and Dumber haircut. But apparently early 20's.

Per the tv news, apparently, he asked who the pastor was and sat right next to him. Waited an hour and then started. He was muttering stuff like he was sorry but they have to take back their country.

Edit: took the pic down since Source put it up 2 mins before me!

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
I personally want to know why you felt the need to try to ham-handedly troll Christians by acting as if you knew the shooter who murdered these Christian churchgoers was a Christian himself motivated by religion, Mikado.

I also have to call bullshit on you trying to change tactics and get us all to forget about that, too. You realized how stupid it looked given the circumstances, so you adopted the angle the media is going with to try to distract and save face.

What happened here is you wanted cynically use a tragedy, before the blood had even dried, to try to score political points. That's sick, man.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18
^^ I had a similar post typed up. Nicely worded.

"I consider this type of actions terrorism."

I consider myself God.

Anywho, this story is really disturbing.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”
Quote: (06-18-2015 09:21 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Despite being a great city, there are racist undertones everywhere.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/29250751/s...urder-case
Prayers for the families of the victims.

This is a horrible tragedy committed by a sick psycho fuck.

Whatever crazy-ass delusional motivations drove this nutbag, and whatever political bullshit the media and anyone else try to gin up out of it, is all far secondary to the fact that his guy committed an abhorrent, evil act on innocent people.
@wastelander

It's usually the right wing Christian groups that are into this thing.
You can't really argue that the majority of white, racist storm from front types aren't also conservative Christians

I am the cock carousel
Muslims do this here in Britain too; whataboutism regarding anything and everything to somehow justify Islam's murderous behaviour.

Quite what this shooting has to do with religious terrorism, I have no idea.

That kid looks like a psycho. I'd keep a close eye on him if he were my neighbour...it's always in the eyes!