rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What to look for in roommates?

This summer, I plan on moving to an area with a high concentration of bars and relatively walkable. I feel like I'm currently constrained living in the suburbs so I want to move into better logistics. I have one friend that I will definitely be moving in with. Cool guy with a lot of friends. We don't have a place in mind yet so we don't know if we will have no roommates or multiple (2-3+). It's likely we will need to have roommates because its not financially affordable for us to not have some. What should I be looking?

-Does it matter if I live in apartment?Townhouse? Or SFH?

-Is there such thing as too many roommates (a house with 4 or 5 people)?

-What kind of roommates should we filter for:
traits of those roommates?
male or female?
roommates who have a lot of friends over?

Well I can tell you from experience that the ideal is 1-2 male housemates, clean, keep to themselves.

If there's going to be a "kicker" is that obviously they have a good social circle, but not necessary.

Find housemates that compliment your own personality. I.e - if you are naturally introverted, an extroverted housemate would be ideal.

Make sure to avoid "losers" -> people who have no desire to improve themselves (remember that these are the people you will be hanging around the most)

Happy house-hunting.

A Primer on Fast Club Sex || Speed Closing || Brisbane Datasheet

PM me for add into my Seeking Arrangement 'Saltdaddy' Free FB Mastermind Group

I've had quite a lot of experience with housemates.

I'd advise against house sharing with Anglo women. They tend to be the messiest and least likely to share in the cleaning rota.

They also paradoxically take the longest to get ready which means frustrating waits for the bathroom in the morning.

If you are thinking that female flatmates will help with 'social proof' on nights out, again, English women are the least likely to grant you access to their social groups.

All my observations have been validated by women - European women - especially those from southern Europe. They have said to me in a number of occasions that they have no English female friends, only English men and that Englishmen are friendlier, better cooks and are cleaner.

To answer, men from any country with a comparable culture and women from more traditional European or South American cultures.

In addition, you should find housemates that eat communally at least once a week. Again, this communal sense of living is more natural in Europe than in the Anglosphere.

Quote: (06-06-2015 01:28 PM)Iso Wrote:  

This summer, I plan on moving to an area with a high concentration of bars and relatively walkable. I feel like I'm currently constrained living in the suburbs so I want to move into better logistics. I have one friend that I will definitely be moving in with. Cool guy with a lot of friends. We don't have a place in mind yet so we don't know if we will have no roommates or multiple (2-3+). It's likely we will need to have roommates because its not financially affordable for us to not have some.
What should I be looking?

He's a "cool guy" but do you know what he lives like? Is his bedroom a complete clusterfuck with shit strewn everywhere? Is his bathroom digusting? Does he keep his car clean and orderly? Is he respectful of other's space? Does he like to stay up late and make a lot of noise?

This "cool guy" could easily be a nightmare roommate if his priorities are not the same as yours. You need to sit down and research common roommate conflicts and think about what are deal breakers with you.

-Does it matter if I live in apartment?Townhouse? Or SFH?

Very much so. Living in a home that has significant space between your place and your neighbors place can be really key. When you share walls/ceilings/floors with people like in an apartment complex you would be surprised just how much noise from the neighbors that you will be able to hear and they'll be able to hear you in turn.

-Is there such thing as too many roommates (a house with 4 or 5 people)?

Hell yes. The more people sharing a space (especially bathroom) the more inconvenient and dirty a space gets. A house with 4 or 5 people can quickly devolve into a haphazard environment. It's very hard to have such matching personalities/priorities with such a large number of people living together especially if it's in close quarters.

-What kind of roommates should we filter for:
traits of those roommates?
male or female?
roommates who have a lot of friends over?

Male. Not that there's not good female roommates out there, but you're going to have a harder time with them in general.

People who are into the same positive things you are. Work out, improve themselves, respectful, reasonable, etc...

Roommates who have a lot of friends over are not who I would choose. People who like to have a good time but generally don't bring the party home would be good choices.

Spending some actual time with someone before they move in is a great thing. I've always found solid roommates in the past this way.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

#1 Trait in a roommate: strong work ethic. If you wouldn't hire them to do your job to the same standards you would don't live with them.

Don't make the mistake of trying to find some one 'cool' or 'easygoing' The cool guy with an awesome social circle is going to have friends over all the time and be a borderline alcoholic, the easygoing guy is going to be too passive to do anything or let you know if you're doing something that annoys them.

And for the love of god don't get a female roommate. All is good until they're having a bad day on their period and just snap... not worth it.

The worst roommates I've had may have been nice to hang out with but had shitty work ethic: half ass or no-ass cleaning, rooms a mess and full of dirty dishes, being too cheap to buy household stuff, being a broke piece of shit trying to bum everything they can from you, smoke, don;'t change the toilet paper roll, never pay their share of the bills on time because they're just too lazy to go to the bank and get money etc...

Ideal roommate:

Mentally stable, early-mid 20s recent STEM grad with a job on the career path. They've lived on their own for many years now and have the skills it takes to not be a complete fuckup. He's nice and reserved but not a buzzkill, he has enough balls to call you on shit without being a dick about it, he cleans up after himself and works with you to make sure everyone's needs are met (clean, visitors etc). He has an average social life, occasional parties, social drinker, mostly just goes to pubs a few times a month. He's the type to act when need be. Prioritizes a his money with a loose budget and always pays rent on time. He asks you for favors but not without doing something in return and has a girlfriend he sees a few times a week at her place.

Things to note when putting out an ad:

His response should answer every question you ask without providing unnecessary detail or emotion (a sign of those who thrive on drama). Ask about a job, reliable vehicle, basic 5 year outlook, interests, any specific things they or you are looking for.

When you meet them take note of their body language. Super closed off or erratic = no go, if their car is a shitbox mess no go, viewing a place is a type of interview, they don't have to dress up but if they wear nice clothes and are well groomed thats good. Talk about banal stuff to gague whether they're some weirdo aspie, give/get a few examples of previous bad roommates and what they did etc.

Avoid anyone who starts blabbing about their personal life without being prompted (aside from work/questions about having friends over etc) The shittiest people on earth always have some kind of drama or conflict going on in their life and just LOVE to talk about it, avoid them at all costs.

I would be inclined to disagree on female roommates. I've had two, and both were positive experiences.

The most important thing is that they pay rent on time, keep common areas clean, and have a somewhat similar lifestyle to your own (e.g. if you work a 9-5 corporate gig, they are not a DJ that comes home at 4 am).

Cool female roommates can be a plus. First, they are generally cleaner than guys. Second, they have other female friends. Also, it's an automatic subtle form of social proof when meeting girls: if another woman is willing to live with you, even on a platonic basis, you've already demonstrated a certain amount of (social) value.

I would not recommend moving in with female roommates. In fact moving in with other guys could cause a few problems as well. Especially when you are about the game/ playboy lifestyle. If your male roommates are betas/AFC´s basically unaware of the red pill then you are probably gonna have a hard time living with them. Eventually, they will see you bring different chicks home. I guess it will be fun for the first time but eventually they will become jealous of your lifestyle. This is when things get bad.
I think the best case scenario would be moving in with like minded guys. Imagine all the benefits...

The best roommates I have had were like this:

Busy.
Tidy.
Polite.
Ordered food instead of cooking.
Friendly but not trying to "be my friend", they had their own lives.

I would say avoid rooming with friends. Find someone who seems cool/nice but don't get your social lives mixed up.

Your roommate should never been arrested for being a serial killer.

On a more serious note, find out if they actually have a job. Made that mistake in my youth. Didn't know my roommate didn't have a job, lol.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

No one has mentioned that the roommate should not cockblock, and not complain or become a passive aggressive bitch if he hears you banging a girls lights out on a Tuesday night at 11:30pm?

That is my number one. I would want zero hesitation in being able to bring girls back to bang, otherwise it feels like you have no independence.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems