rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buddha's Vienna Relocation Journal

After living in Budapest for the past 7 months, I recently moved to Vienna at least for the short-term (planning to spend the Summer here if possible). As soon as I got off the train, I noticed that the differences between Vienna & Budapest were like night & day.

Average Quality: Budapest has noticibly higher quality across the board. Budapest has better faces & bodies on average. I would say Vienna is 1.5 points lower but the hot Viennese ladies (which there are still plenty of) stack up to Budapest standards without a problem.

Access to Quality: You will most likely have easier access to higher quality women in Vienna than in Budapest, especially as a foreigner. I found a noticible foreigner disadvantage in Budapest but in Vienna, almost every attractive girl jumped at my foreigner bait. Also Austrian guys do not really approach outside of their social circle and only do so when mostly drunk at night. Austrian guys have lower Game than Hungarian guys. This means that attractive Austrian girls rarely get cold-approached in a socially-calibrated manner. Game + Foreigner Status can get you farther in Vienna than in Budapest.

Day Game: Even though Budapest has more targets, Day Game in Vienna is far easier. This is because in Vienna there is an absence of suspicious shit-tests that Hungarian girls will invariably throw at you such as "why are you in Budapest? why Hungary? Why this? Why that?..." Austrian girls on the other hand don't really care about why you are here and are very open to foreigners. There is a degree of trust & openness which is absent in Hungary.

Night Game: I have relied 100% on Day Game in Vienna so far since it has been so easy but next week, I will go out to test the waters. The beauty of Day Game here has been that I have no need to go hunting at night where the covers are expensive, along with highly priced drinks. I am hanging out with cool local dudes so I will post more info on Nightlife next week.

English Level: Vienna hands down better. I would say just about every single girl can manage a fluent English conversation. In Budapest, English levels can be a hit or miss. Add to that the insecurity that Hungarian girls have about speaking in English then clearly Vienna is the winner.

Diversity of Looks: Surprisingly both cities match each other in diversity. Vienna has become a truly multi-cultural city & Budapest has been a historically diverse city as well. Many different looks, except in Vienna you will find more multi-racial diversity instead of the hair, body type, eye colour diversity that is common in Budapest.

Best Spots for Day Game: Mariahilfestrasse is a long shopping street with great traffic which starts around 4pm and lasts till 8pm & the university areas are golden for Day Game. I went to Donaucentrum which is a huge mall but that place had poor target selection and more girls in pairs. I will explore more spots next week but I am tempted to just stick to my 2 usual spots which have worked consistently.

1st Day Game Video Shot in Vienna:

Would be interested in the good nightlife spots in vienna since i hated most in the very short time i was there

Excellent choice of city.

Hands down my #1 choice if I was to base myself in Europe.

How are the cost compared to Budapest ?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (05-10-2015 03:00 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Vienna is the dark horse as I prepare to settle on a home base in Europe. Can you expand on why Vienna would be your choice?

Vienna has improved dramatically in recent years with a new generation of women growing up that is by far more approachable. And although the gender ratios are not positive for men what makes it up is just the fact that most men simply never approach during the Day. If you go at night you will see sometimes club events with a surplus of girls - most of them older than 18-24, who are quite open - even in those clubs the local guys hardly ever approach.

While you will find more girls who are good-looking & slimmer in EE, it has become much much better to run Game and have success there.

Your infield vids are quite well-produced, your approach is quite indirect and almost shy, but the girl was "on" almost immediately - quite clearly liking what she saw. Also since so few men approach, then girls don't need much to be swayed.

Quote: (05-10-2015 04:23 PM)floridamedellin Wrote:  

Vienna is the dark horse as I prepare to settle on a home base in Europe. Can you expand on why Vienna would be your choice?

The main reason is the location. Its in a perfect spot in Europe. For me, I love skiing so having mountains is a necessity in winter. I also love winter, so I need four good seasons. Also summers are amazing there, the lake district to the south around Klagenfurt is awesome.

Again the location in regards to Slovakia, Czech, Hungary and in my opinion one of Europe's little gems, Slovenia.

The infrastructure in Austria is among the best in the world, and hammering through the gears in an S4 or a KTM on perfect Autobahn is thrilling. It makes travel through the country easy and distances seem less when traveling at 180km/hr. No car? The trains are fast, efficient and on time.

Now for the women and culture. I find Austrians much more open minded and kind than Germans, while still maintaining a great nurturing attitude. Families are tight in Austria, and it is still very much a masculine culture. I know Vienna is a bit more cosmopolitan than some of the smaller cities, but the women there still seem very nice and cultured, without any of the attitude of other great culture cities (Stockholm for example).

I like museums, orchestra, opera and art galleries and this city has more than it share for a city of its size. It seems to have carried over a lot of attitude from the Empire when Trieste was the gateway. Summer alpine cabins and lake houses are full for most of August and things become nice and slow and Vienna leaves the city to the tourists and go and relax with family and friends.

They live good lives there. Its contagious and I find myself happy and carefree when I visit, sitting on a friends terrace watching the sun set over the alps, drinking a Stiegl and sharing stories between friends.

Good luck, I hope it treats you as well as it has me.

Really like your videos man. What's your audio setup—which mic you using?

Quote: (05-10-2015 06:39 PM)Laner Wrote:  

The main reason is the location. Its in a perfect spot in Europe. For me, I love skiing so having mountains is a necessity in winter. I also love winter, so I need four good seasons. Also summers are amazing there, the lake district to the south around Klagenfurt is awesome.

Again the location in regards to Slovakia, Czech, Hungary and in my opinion one of Europe's little gems, Slovenia.

The infrastructure in Austria is among the best in the world, and hammering through the gears in an S4 or a KTM on perfect Autobahn is thrilling. It makes travel through the country easy and distances seem less when traveling at 180km/hr. No car? The trains are fast, efficient and on time.

Now for the women and culture. I find Austrians much more open minded and kind than Germans, while still maintaining a great nurturing attitude. Families are tight in Austria, and it is still very much a masculine culture. I know Vienna is a bit more cosmopolitan than some of the smaller cities, but the women there still seem very nice and cultured, without any of the attitude of other great culture cities (Stockholm for example).

I like museums, orchestra, opera and art galleries and this city has more than it share for a city of its size. It seems to have carried over a lot of attitude from the Empire when Trieste was the gateway. Summer alpine cabins and lake houses are full for most of August and things become nice and slow and Vienna leaves the city to the tourists and go and relax with family and friends.

They live good lives there. Its contagious and I find myself happy and carefree when I visit, sitting on a friends terrace watching the sun set over the alps, drinking a Stiegl and sharing stories between friends.

Good luck, I hope it treats you as well as it has me.

You painted an amazing picture for me. Thanks. I will begin to concentrate on Vienna more. Everything you mentioned appeals to me and the negatives that I have been reading about, (the poor choices for nightlife on the weekdays) for example I could care less about.

Can I ask what part of the city would you recommend to buy an apartment if I want to have an active social life, wine and dine, and cultural activities?

What would you consider the benefits of Vienna over Prague?

Nice in-field video. For the first 10 minutes I felt that the conversation was really stuck in that platonic friend zone mode, and I was wondering if she'd start to open up, but I could see by around 11 minutes in she was moving into buying mode. Good job and good patience and persistence on your part.

How many approaches a day do you typically run there?

Quote: (05-10-2015 07:53 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Nice in-field video. For the first 10 minutes I felt that the conversation was really stuck in that platonic friend zone mode, and I was wondering if she'd start to open up, but I could see by around 11 minutes in she was moving into buying mode. Good job and good patience and persistence on your part.

How many approaches a day do you typically run there?

Based on my limited experiences with native German speaking cultures, people (inclusive of chicks) just come off as very objective logical thinkers in social situations at first. That's all it really is.

Well done Buddha!

I know Vienna is a bit more cosmopolitan than some of the smaller cities, but the women there still seem very nice and cultured, without any of the attitude of other great culture cities (Stockholm for example).

Laner: You liked Vienna more than Stockholm with regard to girls? From your point of view Vienna is better than Stockholm with regard to flakiness?
Can you expand on what have you meant?

Buddha: Generally speaking was you disappointed with Budapest in regard to "quality" and "access to quality" and that is why you moved to Vienna?
What is a flakiness level in Vienna in comparison to Budapest and Stockholm (if you been there)?
Being an Asian guy gives you more advantages in Vienna than in Stockholm (if you been there) in regard to both "access to quality" and flakiness?

Quote: (05-10-2015 08:22 PM)KoreanDude Wrote:  

I know Vienna is a bit more cosmopolitan than some of the smaller cities, but the women there still seem very nice and cultured, without any of the attitude of other great culture cities (Stockholm for example).

Laner: You liked Vienna more than Stockholm with regard to girls? From your point of view Vienna is better than Stockholm with regard to flakiness?
Can you expand on what have you meant?

No, Stockholm trumps most cities in the world for women, but I find Vienna to be a far more realistic balance. Women are women, I would never recommend moving to a place based on this, however I would certainly never live in a place for too long that had terrible women.

Stockholm Swedes seem to have an insane social calender that is booked up from May 1 to Sept 1. They are really not as flaky as it seems, they are just so in demand socially.

Vienna was good for daygame the 2 weeks I was there. No competition at all. Receptive girls compared to Tokyo.

I remember that on Sunday all the shops close and it's kind of dead. But still lots of places to talk to girls.

Lots of food stands and hot wine in Winter. Easy to date girls from the street.

For night game, ask about the "triangle" of bars / clubs that are congregated in stephenplatz? I believe. I checked those out and also "club flex" which was on a different part of town.

8/10 would visit again.

Quote: (05-10-2015 01:51 PM)Buddha Wrote:  

After living in Budapest for the past 7 months, I recently moved to Vienna at least for the short-term (planning to spend the Summer here if possible). As soon as I got off the train, I noticed that the differences between Vienna & Budapest were like night & day.

Average Quality: Budapest has noticibly higher quality across the board. Budapest has better faces & bodies on average. I would say Vienna is 1.5 points lower but the hot Viennese ladies (which there are still plenty of) stack up to Budapest standards without a problem.

Access to Quality: You will most likely have easier access to higher quality women in Vienna than in Budapest, especially as a foreigner. I found a noticible foreigner disadvantage in Budapest but in Vienna, almost every attractive girl jumped at my foreigner bait. Also Austrian guys do not really approach outside of their social circle and only do so when mostly drunk at night. Austrian guys have lower Game than Hungarian guys. This means that attractive Austrian girls rarely get cold-approached in a socially-calibrated manner. Game + Foreigner Status can get you farther in Vienna than in Budapest.

Day Game: Even though Budapest has more targets, Day Game in Vienna is far easier. This is because in Vienna there is an absence of suspicious shit-tests that Hungarian girls will invariably throw at you such as "why are you in Budapest? why Hungary? Why this? Why that?..." Austrian girls on the other hand don't really care about why you are here and are very open to foreigners. There is a degree of trust & openness which is absent in Hungary.

Night Game: I have relied 100% on Day Game in Vienna so far since it has been so easy but next week, I will go out to test the waters. The beauty of Day Game here has been that I have no need to go hunting at night where the covers are expensive, along with highly priced drinks. I am hanging out with cool local dudes so I will post more info on Nightlife next week.

English Level: Vienna hands down better. I would say just about every single girl can manage a fluent English conversation. In Budapest, English levels can be a hit or miss. Add to that the insecurity that Hungarian girls have about speaking in English then clearly Vienna is the winner.

Diversity of Looks: Surprisingly both cities match each other in diversity. Vienna has become a truly multi-cultural city & Budapest has been a historically diverse city as well. Many different looks, except in Vienna you will find more multi-racial diversity instead of the hair, body type, eye colour diversity that is common in Budapest.

Best Spots for Day Game: Mariahilfestrasse is a long shopping street with great traffic which starts around 4pm and lasts till 8pm & the university areas are golden for Day Game. I went to Donaucentrum which is a huge mall but that place had poor target selection and more girls in pairs. I will explore more spots next week but I am tempted to just stick to my 2 usual spots which have worked consistently.

Budda how long are you planning to be in Vienna for?? I'm thinking of visiting eastern europe this summer and would like to meet up possibly with comrades from the western world...

Personal experiences in Vienna.

Fall Late 2000s - Only made it for one day. Transitioning into Autumn mid-October as the women were giving many IOIs & dressed very fashionably. Spent about a day & a half with a host family feeding & getting me drunk as we did sightseeing, mingling with other cool locals, etc etc. No partying involved.

Struggled mightily in Budapest for a good 5 days so this was a breath of fresh air. City in itself seems much more charming in colder temperatures.

Early Summer 3 Years Afterwards - Decided to spend 3 full days here as the cheapest flight back to the States was from Vienna. Weather much nicer...but I was depressed after leaving Poland. I think people were so preoccupied with the warmer temperatures that I didn't get as much street acknowledgement this time.

Tried bar game Fri/Sat, but wingman from my hostel was just meh (awesome guy overall though). Much more tourists this time around. Cool college age crowd chicks I wasn't able to close. Also hit up a couple places with an older crowd as the young professional chicks gave me snarky vibes though were also hounded by your typical western tourists.

If I ever make it back here, it'll likely be in the Autumn & will try daygame. With so many European & global travel options I've yet to explore however...it is doubtful I'll make it back to Vienna period.

@ Mentavious "How are the cost compared to Budapest ?":

Vienna is known to be an expensive city but there are MANY cost saving options.

GYM

McFit (http://www.mcfit.com/at) has Free 2-Day Trial Membership (just come with ID) and their monthly membership program is ONLY 20 Euros per month. The quality of equipment & facility is top-class. Gym membership is cheaper in Vienna for the value you get.

GROCERIES & SHOPPING

Spar / InterSpar / Billa are common but are some of the more expensive of the major chains. But Spar & InterSpar have amazing deli sections where you can get sandwiches for 1.5-2.0 Euros. Deli sections are popular among students.

Hofer (http://www.hofer.at) is the Costco equivalent in Austria. German owned (known as Aldi in Germany), their concept is low cost groceries in large format stores. Costs here will be noticibly lower than at Spar / InterSpar / Billa. Highly recommended, especially for bulk shopping.

Etsan (http://www.etsan.at) is the CHEAPEST & BEST option for groceries. Downside is that they only have like 5 stores in Vienna. I believe it is founded & operated by Turkish business people. Amazing selection and costs of meat, fruits, veggies are AS LOW AS Budapest if not CHEAPER for many imported items such as avocados, tropical fruits, and most importantly freshly cut butcher meat & seafood. Go here to save LOTS of money and for amazing beef as well. Groceries will come out to same price as in Budapest IF you shop exclusively at Etsan.

BIPA (http://www.bipa.at) is a store chain where you can get personal hygene & other miscellaneous products. Again, great prices that are as low as Budapest for many items. If you get their membership card, you can save 25-35+% on many sale items. Amazing selection and you can find sale items for all range of products so you will rarely pay regular price.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY

Rely on Day Game for your leads. Nightlife covers in clubs can range from 10-20 Euros depending on venue. Drinks can range from 10-20+ Euros as well. Although in cheap bars you can get beers for 2.5 Euros, you will be hard pressed to find quality girls there from what my local friends have told me.

Cook most of your meals and go to Spar / InterSpar for their Deli selections if you have to eat out. Dining can be very expensive here. Go on Coffee & Bar dates and take advantage of the Summer weather to go for walks instead of indoor venues where you will most likely spend money.

Buy alcohol at Spar or Billa (http://www.billa.at). They both have wide selection which is better than Hofer. You can drink alcohol in public so excellent date option would be drinking affordable wine by Museums Quartier (locals call it MQ) where you can lie on a blanket by the open grass park and have a romantic date.

@ Vice "Really like your videos man. What's your audio setup—which mic you using?":

We had trouble with audio equipment so we had to improvise. I downloaded "Smart Voice Recorder" on my smartphone and used a samsung phone headset to record the audio. The white headset that you see around my neck is doing the recording [Image: idea.gif]

@ speakeasy "How many approaches a day do you typically run there?":

Day Game here is easy here, especially as a foreigner. That In-Field Day Game Video was shot in my very 1st attempt of the day. My success rate here in Day Game has been the highest in any city I have been to.

Austrian Flag Captured! Smashed the girl in the Day Game Video [Image: banana.gif]

[Image: k5n9FxTh.jpg]

Quote: (05-15-2015 01:36 PM)Buddha Wrote:  

Austrian Flag Captured! Smashed the girl in the Day Game Video [Image: banana.gif]

Congrats - although she liked you from the very start which is clearly visible. I like that about German and Austrian girls - they usually don't play Games that much. If they have the hots for you, then they don't flake or fuck around too much.

Check your PM bro [Image: smile.gif]

Helpful points to know about when gaming in Vienna:

1) The foreigner advantage here is very visible. Whether you open indirectly or directly, dropping foreigner bait after the opener will do wonders to pave the way for further interaction. The general consensus here is that Austrian women are not so crazy about their local men...but...

2) Dress sharply and look extra presentable. There is a large immigrant community here who live in the outskirts and are often looked down upon by ethnic Austrians (yes there is racism here like anywhere else...it's the sad reality). Austrians are also prone to prejudice & categorization upon first impression. Therefore wherever you go, dress stylish & look your best to convey that you are a person of high value.

3) The initial interaction with an Austrian girl is likely to be more sterile & monotone than an initial interaction with an American girl. It's just the stoic nature of the Germanic culture. Girls here will give off the platonic vibe and are generally boring on the surface in the beginning stages but they liven up with time & alcohol.

4) The hotter girls (8-9's) will be EXTRA receptive during Day Game. Austrian guys are similar to German guys in that they are not very bold when it comes to cold-approaching & Game (unless drunk). Don't be intimidated by the beautiful girls in Vienna and think that they will be unfriendly. The hotter girls will appreciate good Game much more than the average looking girls who ironically get approached more often by local dudes who are afraid of rejection. Out of all my girls, the hottest girls are the most responsive. There is an INVERSE CORRELATION here. Attractive girls will likely be more responsive [Image: banana.gif]

5) Night Game here is much more challenging than Day Game. I have not gone out at night because all my leads are from Day Game but reports from my local friends tell me that Austrian guys compensate for their lack of boldness with alcohol & turn into agressive werewolves with Bad Game at night...thereby raising the bitch shields across venues. Add to that the expensive cover charges + alcohol...then Night Game becomes much harder...but...

6) On the bright side, there is a pervasive ONS culture here. Girls are open to fast sex as much as in Scandinavia. If you work hard during Night Game then the dividends will pay off quickly.

7) Austrian guys are extremely friendly, especially to foreigners. It is easy to make local friends here (much easier than in Hungary). Be open to chatting up cool local guys. They are talkative and most importantly, very helpful.

8) Another great place for Day Game I found is Museums Quartier (MQ). Inside the huge courtyard you often see girls chilling by themselves. Just walk up to them and start a conversation:

Double post

Quote: (05-16-2015 11:57 AM)Buddha Wrote:  

Nice - you made her day. That was probably the only decent approach she experienced in a year.

I see that you are not really moving forward fast, but are doing a lot of chit-chat without spikes. You are profiting a bit from the Good-Looking-Guy factor, which gives you more leeway. But everyone works with what he's got.

Austrians and Germans have no racism towards "whiter" Asian guys like yourself - tall Asian guy is a plus. Also blacks don't register badly if they convey high value.

The girls are more reserved, but if she does not reject you outright, then it's fine.

Men in EE have often inferiority complexes towards Westerners - they make less money, are often worse looking, Western guys fuck their women etc. That is of course lacking in Austria. Actually most people incl. women have some sort of inferiority complex there - local wealthy people don't support their artists for example or prefer to purchase foreign products. It's ingrained a bit from the communist times when they had nothing. That's probably part of the hostility you experienced in Hungary.

Which district do you live? 1st district is best, but pricey, otherwise it pays to be close to the center as you can walk with dates to your place easily at night.

Congrats! I'm Austrian and have been living in Vienna for some years now, so I'm following this thread with special interest [Image: wink.gif]
For day game I can recommend the parks near the city center or university, like Burggarten, Volksgarten or Votivpark (small park between the main building of the university and Votivkirche). People tend to hang out in groups though, but you'll find some girls alone reading or studying as well. Also check out "Altes AKH", it's a campus of the university not far away from the main building (lots of students spending their free time between classes chilling in the sun), and the open air bars at Donaukanal on a sunny day (Herrmanns Strandbar, Tel Aviv Beach, Adria).
You already discovered Museumsquartier and the WU campus, these are of course really great places to meet girls.

Have fun in Vienna, it's a great city to live in!

Quote: (05-16-2015 11:57 AM)Buddha Wrote:  

Helpful points to know about when gaming in Vienna:

1) The foreigner advantage here is very visible. Whether you open indirectly or directly, dropping foreigner bait after the opener will do wonders to pave the way for further interaction. The general consensus here is that Austrian women are not so crazy about their local men...but...

2) Dress sharply and look extra presentable. There is a large immigrant community here who live in the outskirts and are often looked down upon by ethnic Austrians (yes there is racism here like anywhere else...it's the sad reality). Austrians are also prone to prejudice & categorization upon first impression. Therefore wherever you go, dress stylish & look your best to convey that you are a person of high value.

3) The initial interaction with an Austrian girl is likely to be more sterile & monotone than an initial interaction with an American girl. It's just the stoic nature of the Germanic culture. Girls here will give off the platonic vibe and are generally boring on the surface in the beginning stages but they liven up with time & alcohol.

4) The hotter girls (8-9's) will be EXTRA receptive during Day Game. Austrian guys are similar to German guys in that they are not very bold when it comes to cold-approaching & Game (unless drunk). Don't be intimidated by the beautiful girls in Vienna and think that they will be unfriendly. The hotter girls will appreciate good Game much more than the average looking girls who ironically get approached more often by local dudes who are afraid of rejection. Out of all my girls, the hottest girls are the most responsive. There is an INVERSE CORRELATION here. Attractive girls will likely be more responsive [Image: banana.gif]

5) Night Game here is much more challenging than Day Game. I have not gone out at night because all my leads are from Day Game but reports from my local friends tell me that Austrian guys compensate for their lack of boldness with alcohol & turn into agressive werewolves with Bad Game at night...thereby raising the bitch shields across venues. Add to that the expensive cover charges + alcohol...then Night Game becomes much harder...but...

6) On the bright side, there is a pervasive ONS culture here. Girls are open to fast sex as much as in Scandinavia. If you work hard during Night Game then the dividends will pay off quickly.

7) Austrian guys are extremely friendly, especially to foreigners. It is easy to make local friends here (much easier than in Hungary). Be open to chatting up cool local guys. They are talkative and most importantly, very helpful.

8) Another great place for Day Game I found is Museums Quartier (MQ). Inside the huge courtyard you often see girls chilling by themselves. Just walk up to them and start a conversation:

Two huge things you've got going for you Buddha are your German ability which is a huge DHV, and from it you are able to make a whole different level of banter and conversation about the intricacies of the Austrian accent of German, teasing her about it in her own language. That's huge.

Secondly, as others have mentioned, you are also tall, trim, and good looking. You speak slowly, with a deep voice, and with weight, similar to Roosh, as if you think over everything you say and only say what you need to deliberately. No silly filler or rushing to say things. The low energy vibe suits you.

I wish we actually had the 9 minutes of video in the middle. It might seem boring to others, but I watch closely, pick it apart, and try to use it to boost my own skills. In what you did provide, love the bait drop about living in Brazil w.r.t. her name. Keep sending them in; I must add Austria to my list as a 6'1 Asian.

Quote:Quote:
Menace Wrote:
An experience is in her head and no guy can ever jizz on it.
Vaun Wrote:
Goldmund Wrote:
Music
This was used a lot when I was young and really into the underground scene. I would invite girls to come back to listen to Fugazi records.
This is the first time in recorded history that Fugazi was used to remove panties.