rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do those Jersey Shore type guys do for a living?

Might be an east coast specific question, but the Guido type dudes that you run into at disreputable establishments, 23 jacked tanned gelled...is that dude in construction, sales, lives at home?

99% of them aren't "guys from the neighborhood", lot of them aren't even Italian.

Anybody know?

WIA

From my (awful) experience in living there

A lot have richer parents and or trust funds.

Owning a hose on the shore is like a million dollar proposition (think ski condo in the better parts of Colorado)

Most live at home till they are like 30 and blow their paycheck on a car and partying.

I've met a lot of these guys they are usually just living of their parents wealth

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Those dudes (their families) own them spots? Wow. Thought they just rented for the summer

Quote: (04-20-2015 01:58 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Those dudes (their families) own them spots? Wow. Thought they just rented for the summer

Usually their families are doing very well

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Quote: (04-20-2015 02:06 PM)Oz. Wrote:  

Quote: (04-20-2015 01:58 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Usually their families are doing very well

Either that or their families bought the properties a long time ago when they were still relatively affordable.

Family business. Construction, restaurant etc. I have a friend like that who has blown through metric shit tons of cash because he gets a regular big paycheck through his dads construction business whether he shows up to work or not.

A lot of them work in family trades businesses or come from money. How do I know? I'm from NJ

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I'm not sure I completely understand the question and I'm mostly Italian and from the Jersey Shore. Many people who live at the Jersey Shore year round have parents who own businesses there, like another poster said. Some of these businesses are extremely successful, but keep in mind that you only have about three and a half months to make money at the Jersey Shore, so even successful businesses are only moderately successful in the big picture, because they are operational for far less than half of the year. People who grow up there, but end up having professional jobs, usually move away after college, like I did. The ones who stay either have parents who own local businesses, make minimum wage, or are on public assistance. There really is no middle ground. Also, and I've never met a non Jersey Shore person who remotely understands this, many, many people whether they are insanely wealthy or flat broke, receive unemployment during the entire off-season. A really high percentage of motel, bar, and restaurant owners receive it and they are often the first in line.

Quote: (04-20-2015 01:56 PM)ms224 Wrote:  

Owning a hose on the shore is like a million dollar proposition (think ski condo in the better parts of Colorado)

Not necessarily true. Maybe in Avalon, Stone Harbor, and Cape May. You can easily buy a pretty nice house in Ventnor for $300,000. It will be pretty far from the beach, but still walking distance from the beach and obviously still on the island. What really screws you is the property taxes. I saw a million dollar home in Ventnor, two houses from the beach, with over $30,000 a year property tax.

Guero,

I figured he was not talking about JUST the guys who live at the shore, but the guys who participate in the culture. Like, the Italian American cats from all over NJ and Staten ISland. Guidos tend to be from many different places, but I've noticed that it attracts middle-class to upper-middle class guys who work in trades. I even knew a Peruvian guy who was a guido. hah.

The culture has definitely taken a hit, but it's still around. Just go to any college bar on a thursday night and you'll see a couple of dudes running around in Christian Audigier and Ed Hardy still.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

redacted

Quote: (04-20-2015 02:56 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

The culture has definitely taken a hit, but it's still around. Just go to any college bar on a thursday night and you'll see a couple of dudes running around in Christian Audigier and Ed Hardy still.

[Image: shudder.gif]

As said before, the construction trades, family businesses, restaurants and bars, plus jobs with the utilities and local government.

Workers' comp, minor insurance scams and crimes factor in more as you get on the dysfunctional side of the scale.

GTL- Gym, Tan, Laundry

And lots of fist pumping as well

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

If you believe the first thing that comes out of their mouth when they feel threatened, they're in the mafia. Every last one of them.

^ Haha. I used to love that in High School. They were all, in some way, connected to Gotti if you would believe them. I would always think, "do made men talk about being made as much as these clowns do?"

Selling 'roids.

This thread is hilarious and very interesting.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

They are what wannabe country guys are to Texas. Except here they are tan, wear plaid, try to grow facial hair(strangely the ones that have facial hair usually tend to be from actual country families), drive 20 inch lifted trucks, and do dip, but other than that they are the same hardcore "bro"types as the Jersey Shore types from extremely wealthy families. They are just born into wealth simple as that. Honestly I find the wannabe country types to be even worse as they hate physical labor, don't have a farm, and the truck is just an excuse to go mudding all while claiming how country they are.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (04-20-2015 05:47 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

^ Haha. I used to love that in High School. They were all, in some way, connected to Gotti if you would believe them. I would always think, "do made men talk about being made as much as these clowns do?"

SMART made men don't. Most of these guys are bullshitters. The guys who last in this business are very low key and don't draw attention to themselves.

redacted

Quote: (04-20-2015 07:03 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (04-20-2015 06:42 PM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

They are what wannabe country guys are to Texas. Except here they are tan, wear plaid, try to grow facial hair(strangely the ones that have facial hair usually tend to be from actual country families), drive 20 inch lifted trucks, and do dip, but other than that they are the same hardcore "bro"types as the Jersey Shore types from extremely wealthy families. They are just born into wealth simple as that. Honestly I find the wannabe country types to be even worse as they hate physical labor, don't have a farm, and the truck is just an excuse to go mudding all while claiming how country they are.

PREACH.

If you've ever been to Austin, West Campus (the fraternity/sorority area) is FULL OF THEM.

Urban Cowboys. Houston is full of them too.

The legit ones tend to go to Texas A&M.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quote: (04-20-2015 07:07 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Quote: (04-20-2015 07:03 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (04-20-2015 06:42 PM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

PREACH.

If you've ever been to Austin, West Campus (the fraternity/sorority area) is FULL OF THEM.

Urban Cowboys. Houston is full of them too.

The legit ones tend to go to Texas A&M.

Texas A&M has the tolerable ones. The truly obnoxious ones are the ones hanging around suburban Houston, go to Rice, or are up at the UT Austin campus. They are the absolute worst. The A&M ones atleast try to belong in a country environment, and that's why they are the ones that pull the upper tier here.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

This discussion reminds me of this video: