rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to stay anonymous while traveling (In Phils, but relevant all places)

OK so I've had my confidential bio-data exposed ( I don't want to say "cover blown" because I believe my real identity is my private property and I have the right to withhold it from anyone I don't yet trust unless they are gubmint officials as long as I am not committing fraud. ) here in the Phils after about 3 1/2 weeks. I had already told acquaintances I was giving them a fake name because of a sensitive job, so it didn't seem to cause any disruption when they found the real name.

Here's how it happened and how you can keep it from happening to you.

1) Establishing your pseudonym is obviously the first step.

I made up an email account name [email protected] and always corresponded from that account. I use that account for nothing else within the USA so googling firstname.lastname doesn't find anything. Maybe using a quite common name would make things impenetrably confusing which would be good.

I started a Skype account with an obvious fake handle. A fake handle is better than an unlikely name because it won't prompt the question "iS that your real name?"

2) Any questions about "Is that your real name ?" are answered "No, and I'm not telling you my real name because I have a sensitive job."
Some girls inexplicably ask for address--? Did anyone else get that? That immediately raised a red flag for identity theft and I usually blocked them immediately.

3) Here are the physical failure points: Luggage tags, Biz cards if loose in luggage, expensive items you've added ID stickers to ( cameras, music equipment, iPhones, Computers), Incidental papers that collect as you travel like boarding passes, receipts etc.Obviously all wallet contents.

4) Here are the tricky crossroads where I got made:
a) CHECKING IN TO ROOMS WITH A GIRL WITH YOU. This is where I got nailed, even if she hadn't seen the name and phone sticker on my computer. You walk up to the desk and they ask your name to match to the reservation. I was stuck and used my real name. I thought after I could hold up an ID card, but then if she starts pronouncing it to check if she understands, you're made again.

b) Reserving rooms directly on phone-- not over internet -- with girl in room. You'll need ID when you show up so you have to use real name.

WHAT TO DO:

1) Get biz cards with just a domain name and faux email on them and hand-write whatever info you want someone to know when you give each one out.
2) Make some excuse so a girl is not with you when you check in or out.
3) get everything with ID on it together in one of your 2-4 wallets, money belts, passport pouches, whatever you carry it in and put it in your safe in your room.
4) Have all stickers on valuables with a the fake email address so people can contact you if they want to give something back. I already got a a pair of sunglasses back from a hotel that I left in the gym like this. I also had a landlord in the Phils call me about some money I had left there. I told her I left it because I broke something and wanted to pay for the item.
5) Have luggage tags with just your alternate email.

Also, for safety, since I have a EU legal second passport, I have that taped with several hundred bucks and credit card taped to wall of suitcase inside lining, I could get everything in my hotel room and everything on my person robbed, and if I had that suitcase left I can re-establish my first passport identity, transfer money to the account from which the emergency card draws, and cavort onward.

Buy the book "how to be Invisible." Read it. Apply as many of the principles as you can that transfer abroad.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

What was the girl trying to gain? Just steal your identity?

The girl who were with me were just curious and asked my real name, probably thinking I had some stupid Facebook page they could nose around in.

The ones that asked my address, now they scared me, I never met them, blocked them and don't know what they wanted. It's hard to overestimate how poor the philippoines is. If you could scam and get $1000 it would be worth 6 months work for someone in the boondocks.

Never been to the Phillipines, but is the risk really that high? I never had any such problems in Africa and South America. What kind of scams are we talking about?

Ps; today in a newspaper, 2 germans kidnapped by an extremist islamic organization in the phillipines allied with IS, asking 5m $ ransom. These risks are in very specific areas I assume or is the state pretty weak there?

These are very good ideas in this thread, considering that there are on average over 120 million new cases of identity theft every year, and the numbers are growing every year...

I would also add that you should change your mobile phone number as often as every month.

Now your own mobile phone tracks you every place you went, with detailed maps of your everyday activities:

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/8/17/6025...ere-you-go

Quote: (09-24-2014 09:10 AM)rottenapple Wrote:  

Never been to the Phillipines, but is the risk really that high? I never had any such problems in Africa and South America. What kind of scams are we talking about?

Ps; today in a newspaper, 2 germans kidnapped by an extremist islamic organization in the phillipines allied with IS, asking 5m $ ransom. These risks are in very specific areas I assume or is the state pretty weak there?

Most of that stuff happens in the Southern, poorer, more "Muslim" island of Mindinao.

A doctor and his girlfriend were sailing in the Southern Philippines (?) and abducted in April. I would never sail in these parts without a few serious heavily armed security guards.
http://www.thelocal.de/20140924/islamist...an-hostage

About 100 people were killed in Zamboanga in the extreme Southwest of Phils about a year ago in a "Muslim" insurrection where they took hostages at a shopping mall.

Tragically, because the Phils are so poor ( there is really no middle class to help others in disasters.) thousands of people whose homes were destroyed in the battles now still live in a disease infested tent city due to the assholes that caused the trouble.

I've read up on it a bit, and they really were actually crooks who decided to put on a Muslim mantle - they have nothing to do with middle class muslim professionals like you see in Western countries.

The south is really poor even relative to the rest of the Philippines so it breeds desperation and actual malnutrition based stupidity in my estimation. It's pretty much a lose-lose location except for outlier stunners that may love you for getting them out.

I'll pass on going down there and finding them. I've got all the 18-20 year olds I can handle here.

God I miss those strong, independent American women.

The people who do crimes are able to walk freely everywhere, not only in the south of Philipinnes.

The most mind-numbing thing is the people who rationalize "Why do you hide your real name,
what do you have to hide?". They have no idea about the ~120 millions cases of identity thefts each year, how many millions of personal bank accounts are emptied as easy as 1-2-3 when
someone else has your real name and your date of birth,
and how many people had their families assasinated inside their homes because people
found their residential address in the public records....

I was thinking of making a new thread, but there's good advice in this one.

Is there any way to get around showing ID for accommodations?
I'd rather not leave photocopied or transcribed proof of my identity behind, where some scorned woman could get a hold of it.

Go to Recto and buy some fake IDs. You get off the train and there are people approaching you saying "you want driving licence", "you want bachelors degree", "you want marriage certificate" and they have big boards there out in the open with all the fake documents that they do. If you go on google street view, you can even see them all there. It's the area in Manila that traditionally had all the printing presses and a lot of the factories are still there.

The scamming is a big thing here. The way I stay off it is finding out what the girl does before I give her any info.

I want her to have a real job (or some kind of family support), some $, and some kind of education. Ideally no kids, BF or husband either. Its not always possible when out and drinking but at least try....

Otherwise you are just asking for trouble here and anywhere else in the world.

Learn from the banks- know who you are doing business with.

I got scammed once already (or i think its a scam), so I always have somebody at the bank I know run their info and see if they have an account there. I never get real #s, but I will hear its low but salaries coming monthly, its okay, its really good, or its super legit. Just my 2c.

Id also hire a PI if you are seriously thinking about dating a girl. Its just to much problem to find out later who she is then pay some $ up.

Also test girls w/$. Offer to pay for things. See how they react. See how they react when you want to pay their taxis. Asians have pride and will always try to pay for their own things initially. Its a face thing.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

I just picked up How to Be Invisible: Protect Your Home, Your Children, Your Assets, and Your Life (2004 Edition) , and though s small part of the information is dated, it is still very fundamentally sound. An excellent choice. Good find from Beyond Borders!
Amazon review: http://www.amazon.com/How-Be-Invisible-P...1250010454

Quote: (09-24-2014 05:15 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Buy the book "how to be Invisible." Read it. Apply as many of the principles as you can that transfer abroad.

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

Why would someone ask "is that your real name?" after giving them a name?

What kind of fake name are you giving them?

Not giving a girl your real name can be an amazingly effective method of birth control.

Hope IKE is alright, he hasn't been on in a while.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Fake names, place of origin, age, business cards...on and on.
Burner phones & numbers.
No Facebook or social media.
Etc...

Common sense and red pill knowledge. Less is more.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

I tell everyone my name is Yossarian Right.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (01-26-2016 05:23 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

No "S." for your middle initial?

[Image: undecided.gif]

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (01-26-2016 01:03 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

Not giving a girl your real name can be an amazingly effective method of birth control.

QUOTED
seriously, this was the best thing i've read on RVF in months

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Quote: (01-27-2016 12:21 AM)YossariansRight Wrote:  

Quote: (01-26-2016 05:23 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

No "S." for your middle initial?

[Image: undecided.gif]

You are pretty fucking demanding [Image: lol.gif]

What can a girl potentially find out if she knows your US cell phone number? How about a google voice number?

Quote: (01-27-2016 07:57 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

What can a girl potentially find out if she knows your US cell phone number? How about a google voice number?

Your cell number is sometimes a piece of info used when validating your identity. Like when you call your bank. If they have that, along with the other information they often ask, then that person has gained access to your bank account. It worries me how little and common the information they ask is.

Often temporary passwords get sent to your cell. Can that number be spoofed so the thief gets the temp password also? I don't know.

More and more, your cell phone is used as a tool for identity verification.

Like everyone else has said, first line of defense is
* Fake name
* Fake email
* Fake Facebook based on fake email
* Viber/Line accounts based on number from the Phil

And now if you can get that local Phil number based on a fake id from Recto you are in an even better position.

And if you can use that fake id to rent an apartment you are really incognito.

^Thanks Onto, that makes sense. What if some crazy chick decides she's pregnant from you or just wants to stalk you? Let's say she has some family/friends in the US (a hypothetical situation). How much can she find out about you if she know your cell phone number or google voice number? Can she find out your full name and address?

Quote: (01-27-2016 09:14 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

^Thanks Onto, that makes sense. What if some crazy chick decides she's pregnant from you or just wants to stalk you? Let's say she has some family/friends in the US (a hypothetical situation). How much can she find out about you if she know your cell phone number or google voice number? Can she find out your full name and address?

Sure thing bro. I don't know anything about Google voice though.

If they can't get any info by googling your cell number then I would think the only thing left is to get a court order demanding to know the identity of that cell phone.

How likely is that? From the Philippines? Probably not very. They will know your area code though and if you are living in that area code then they have a general location for you.

Make sure the "location" feature of your phone is turned off. I was once chatting with a girl from the Phil who made a comment she could see I was on E 85th and 3rd. She was a few blocks off, but fucking close enough!! I was shocked.

I think I was using Viber, but I can't be sure what app it was really.

I once had a Pinay reverse image search me from a photo I either sent her or was using on my fake Facebook account and she found my real Facebook account. That's when I started making sure images weren't used in more than one profile.

^ wow! It sounds like pinays could make good CIA analysts...