rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What line of work you tell girls you're in?

I have a very blue collar job, girls make faces when I tell them what I do. What job should I tell them I have? Obviously producer, fashion designer or entertainment lawyer would work best but no girl is going to believe that so I need something more plausible.

Don't make it too out of reach, it's generally better to "dress up" your real occupation than dating something you think others will be impressed by. What is it you actually do? Go on...

Tell them you're a free soul. Your job is living life to the fullest. Or try to be stupid funny by saying your job is a glass of wine. Or something random to that effect. Never fails to get a giggle out at minimum.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

I would just be honest.Just own it.Have such "swag" and confidence that they either don't care what you do or don't notice too much.Be interesting enough to the point that YOU are the focal point and not what you do for a living.Or just spice it up a little without having to lie about what you do.Just my opinion,but I think if you can't be comfortable with yourself and what you do then others will not be comfortable with you.Orrrr you could just leave it a bit to mystery. Just my humble opinion. Cheers

I wouldn't lie about you job rather improve upon how you are describing it.

Spice it up a bit and emphasise details that are exciting, challenging, masculine, dangerous etc.

Reality: I work as a MWD drilling engineer which is 90% sitting on a chair watching a computer and talking shit about guns and hunting.

Girl reality: Its crazy I'm always on call like a doctor to leave at a minutes notice. Once they have a problem I'm the guy they call to fix it. I work in some of the most remote and hostile places possible and have to survive by myself in temperatures as low as -60. Although its dangerous I love it. The works intense but the pays good and leaves me free to travel and pursue my other goals in life.....

Post up what you job is and Ill help jazz it up.

Honestly I have never had an issue with this or has it been a major deal with women. To some I have a really boring office job--I work as a research analyst at an investment advisory firm in LA. 90% of women have no idea what that means or do they care. They usually say "oh you mean like the stock market..that sounds interesting" and quickly change the subject to something they know more about. Furthermore, most women do not have fun or exciting careers either. Last 3 dates--one girl worked in collections, the other was a dancer(later turned out she was a stripper), and the third was a substitute teacher who lived with her mom.

I don't think lying gets you anything unless this is a ONS opportunity. How far could you go pretending to be a doctor,producer,etc? Not far.

You say you work a blue collar job(hopefully a skilled trade)--that is usually better than some humanities major who works in some crappy clerical position.

The only suggestion: self-deprecating humor about your job helps. It gets the girl laughing and shows you are comfortable in your own shoes.

He has often been called the "Last of the Romans"

"We have prostitutes for our pleasure, concubines for our health, and wives to bear us lawful offspring."--Demosthenes (384–322 BC), Red Pill Greek Statesman

I tell them the truth.
Im a Ex adult film star thats living off residual income. I don't do drugs..but I have a lot of free time

I am the cock carousel

I tell them what I am planning to do. By this, I have a project in the works in which I am gonna do x y z. Something ambitious, you can play with this and include them.

e.g. I am in the process of starting a record label with some friends in 2014 and I am working on it and networking. It's all about your frame, she won't pester you about it afterwards.

I stick within the realm of truth. If you don't have plans, start making some. Especially if you're ashamed of your job. You are spending 1/3 of your life there as it is.

"Business"

It speaks for itself.

And *IF* they ask, "What type of business?"

I just reply,

"you know...business"

Import/Export

It's complicated... I'm a waste management consultant.

Quote: (12-30-2013 01:54 AM)ashraf Wrote:  

producer, fashion designer or entertainment lawyer would work best but no girl is going to believe that so I need something more plausible.

theres your problem.

A girl will believe anything that you make her believe.

It's your job to create the reality, whether it be a factual reality or a fabricated reality.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

All I have to say is Oil & Gas
I don't usually say that I own and O&G Company because it comes off toolish, but I have before.

Technically I DO own one, because I had to form an S Corp for my job.

Only in America is having a high paying "boring" job seen as bad.

I hate when people in Southeast Asia ask what I do for a living. People out here who can actually comprehend what it means for your business to only exist online are few and far between. It's a conversation that goes nowhere.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I know a guy who drives a truck for a living.

Girls ask him "what do you do?". He says, "I'm a truck driver".

Then he smiles. The girls smile back. He slays pussy.

It doesn't matter what you do. All chicks care about is how you feel about it.

You could be vice president at a big impressive company. But if she sees boredom in your eyes & apology in your voice, she's gonna choose the guy with a regular job, cocky smirk and swag in his step every time.

Quote: (12-30-2013 11:02 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I hate when people in Southeast Asia ask what I do for a living. People out here who can actually comprehend what it means for your business to only exist online are few and far between. It's a conversation that goes nowhere.

Yeah, you were posting some hilarious "Shit Dating in Asia Girls Say" in that Travel Lounge thread.

Based off of those responses, I can't imagine what it would be like to try and explain an online business to them.

Quote: (12-30-2013 11:16 AM)MHaes Wrote:  

Quote: (12-30-2013 11:02 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Yeah, you were posting some hilarious "Shit Dating in Asia Girls Say" in that Travel Lounge thread.

Based off of those responses, I can't imagine what it would be like to try and explain an online business to them.

[Image: th?id=H.4622872079828886&pid=1.7]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (12-30-2013 11:13 AM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

You could be vice president at a big impressive company. But if she sees boredom in your eyes & apology in your voice, she's gonna choose the guy with a regular job, cocky smirk and swag in his step every time.

Bang on the money.

What would you do in the opposite situation where you had a bad ass job that impresses most people you talk to?

Would you downplay it and take about casually?

Would you be the guy that brags about it?

Would you use it to parlay into some crazy stories of the adventures you went on?

I have a pretty sick job. I have found it's best to downplay it during daygame, coming off as humble, and then lead into a more emotional story about it. During night game where excitement and fun is key, I've found its best to come off cocky when its brought up and then lead into a crazy fun death defying story.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Nightclub manager, massive DHV when gaming younger girls. Sometime that alone gets me laid.

I actually try to keep mystery about everything about myself including my real name and job going as long as possible.

If they pry then I say I make a ton of money so you dont need to worry about me being a broke loser. Or I say I have a corner office and show them a photo of view from my office on my phone. That pretty much shuts them up.

On approaches if I get asked that I just say we are out for fun so no talk about work.

Normally I am dressed in suit or in sports coat so that is enough for them to know that I am accomplished.

The Lizard Whisperer.......

I'm a laboratory rat. (I majored in Biochemistry)
Usually I just say that I make meth. LOL.

[Image: 1.jpg]

She go crazy, is hamster!

I'm a corporate lawyer. Sometimes I like to tell girls that I'm a grave robber, but that I'm considering a change to the sex trafficking industry. It doesn't make any difference.

Actually, my cost per notch is lower than when I tell the truth. I'm going to start telling chicks I'm on welfare.