rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NFL thread

NFL thread

I noticed we did not have a thread catering to everything that is the NFL. So I thought I would start one, I am a long suffering Charger fan.

I am sure we must have a few fans on this forum.

Anything American football related!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

NFL thread

Quote: (05-22-2013 06:23 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I noticed we did not have a thread catering to everything that is the NFL. So I thought I would start one, I am a long suffering Charger fan.

I think you had a good draft at least the first 3 picks and getting rid of Norv.

Just found out Crabtree fucked up his Achilles. But I still think the 9ers go all the way!

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

NFL thread

Superbowl 2017 will be in Houston
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/201...uper-bowl/

NFL thread

Yeah I happy we got Manteo, I think he will do well for us.

I hated Norv and could never understand why he lasted so long.

Kapernick is a beast and 49ers are very strong for next season.

Urlacher retired.

Our New Blog:

NFL thread

This is the year the Cowboys go all the way!

NFL thread

What I think is interesting is I was just thinking if the forum would interested in a breakdown of the NFL as it relates to fantasy football. I make a detailed breakdown of each team & their schedules in order get a sense of the best players for fantasy. I usually just do it for myself, maybe some people on here could get some value from it. I also have tips on how to make money playing fantasy football.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

NFL thread

Quote: (05-22-2013 06:33 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

This is the year the Cowboys go all the way!

LMAO...really as a Redskins fan i cant help but laugh. Do you realize your QB is Tony Romo?

NFL thread

Crab going down with the achilles hurts a lot. The Boldin signing seems more timely than ever. I hope everyone else can pick up the slack, especially AJJ.

On the plus side Kaep will have to spread the ball around instead of zeroing in on Crab like he did in the SB. Kaep really treated him like a security blanket last season, so this may be helpful long term. Still, in terms of the short term impact this really sucks.

NFL thread

Kaepernick won't make it past week 4. Rams take the division, but I'm not confident in Bradford's ability in the playoffs. Big year for him...

NFL thread

Quote: (05-22-2013 08:06 PM)STLmatic Wrote:  

Rams take the division,

I thought we were not supposed to troll. [Image: smile.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

NFL thread

Quote: (05-22-2013 08:07 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Quote: (05-22-2013 08:06 PM)STLmatic Wrote:  

Rams take the division,

I thought we were not supposed to troll. [Image: smile.gif]

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...highlights

4-1-1 in the best division in football. +Tavon Austin +Jake Long = The 2013 NFC West Champions

NFL thread

Tavon Austin is crazy, I was hoping the Bills would get him.

Geno Smith I don't think will fare so well.

Our New Blog:

NFL thread

This is happenin' again

[Image: 06_BackToBack_news.jpg]

NFL thread

I'm also a Chargers fan. What a tough couple years for us. We have the talent, we just don't know how to use it. Once I see their chance at the playoffs fade away, I usually stop paying much attention to football. I'm definitely more of a basketball fan.

NFL thread

Quote: (05-23-2013 01:53 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I'm also a Chargers fan. What a tough couple years for us. We have the talent, we just don't know how to use it. Once I see their chance at the playoffs fade away, I usually stop paying much attention to football. I'm definitely more of a basketball fan.

Charger fan, too. I liked the Max Starks and Freeney signings. They will help.

NFL thread

Quote: (05-22-2013 08:21 PM)STLmatic Wrote:  

4-1-1 in the best division in football. +Tavon Austin +Jake Long = The 2013 NFC West Champions

I'm heading to StL in December to see my Saints play the Rams. I was there for our game in 2009 (year we won the Super Bowl) and it came down to the last play.

I agree with you that the Rams are underrated and that Jeff Fisher is a great coach (and that they had a great offseason). However, I feel that them going 4-1-1 against the NFC West last season is one of the biggest reasons why they WON'T make the playoffs this year. The NFL is super cyclical and a lot of teams looked past the Rams last season. There is no doubt in my mind that the 49ers have both StL games circled on their calendar this year and will show up ready. Ditto for Seattle (arguably better than San Francisco). The Cards' defense and special teams is sick so they're no pushover either. Plus you have my Saints coming to the EJD to tear shit up [Image: smile.gif]

NFL thread

Plus we tossed Akers. And Smith. You get Kap for both games. Don't get me wrong I have respect for all the teams in the NFC west. The rg3 deal basically rebuilt the rams. Plus a great coach. Like the Herschel walker trade that helped the cowboys. Cardinals just need a real qb. We will beat each other up in he NFC west and hand each other losses. But I think outside the division all the nfc west teams should do some damage.

NFL thread

Quote: (05-23-2013 11:18 AM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Plus we tossed Akers. And Smith. You get Kap for both games. Don't get me wrong I have respect for all the teams in the NFC west. The rg3 deal basically rebuilt the rams. Plus a great coach. Like the Herschel walker trade that helped the cowboys. Cardinals just need a real qb. We will beat each other up in he NFC west and hand each other losses. But I think outside the division all the nfc west teams should do some damage.

Akers cost me so much money with both of his St Louis misses. I remember the first one in San Fran when Smith got hurt and they lost due to Akers, I was like "I cannot wait until 2 weeks later b/c I know they will fucking kill the Rams" and then Kaep had that flukey strip/fumble at the goalline and then Akers missed ANOTHER FG.

Ugh - but on another topic, my favorite bet of the year is Kansas City winning over 6.5 games on the season. Their defense is healthy, they have the best O-line in the NFL, and Alex Smith is supremely underrated and has great weapons to use in a weak AFC West. I think the Chiefs challenge Denver for the AFC West this season. Going to head to Vegas and put a few grrrrr on that over/under win total.

NFL thread

Ugh - but on another topic, my favorite bet of the year is Kansas City winning over 6.5 games on the season. Their defense is healthy, they have the best O-line in the NFL, and Alex Smith is supremely underrated and has great weapons to use in a weak AFC West. I think the Chiefs challenge Denver for the AFC West this season. Going to head to Vegas and put a few grrrrr on that over/under win total.
[/quote]

The Chiefs are an interesting team. They re-signed Dwayne Bowe to a long-term deal and I have always thought that he was a productive receiver. Jamarcus Charles had a stellar season last year coming off an ACL injury. As you mentioned, their oline is the best in the NFL (I think the Chiefs have a top five oline). However, I believe that the Houston Texans have the best oline in the league with Eric Winston and Dwayne Brown at the tackles. Brown reminds me of Walter Jones. A strong run-blocker who does not give up sacks.

I think that the Chiefs will split the denver series, sweep oakland, and split the san diego series. I think that they will be a sleeper 2013 playoff team. However, my ultimate sleeper team will be tampa bay. This is a contract year for Josh Freeman. He has Vincent Jackson, Doug Martin, and Mike Williams. All of these skill guys can produce. Their oline is decent with two great guards (Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks), two below-average tackles (Donald Penn and Demar Dobson) and I forget their center.

Their defense will be top 10 in 2013. They have the nfl's best three tech dt with gerald mccoy but the rest of their dline is unproven. They have two hard-hitting lbs (Mason Foster and Lavonte David) but they cannot cover. Their secondary improved immensely with Darrelle Revis and Dashon Goldson. They had the number 1 run defense last year and they only lost Michael Bennett to Seattle and their nose tackle. This team will win the NFC South and they are my 2013 sleeper team.

NFL thread

Quote: (05-23-2013 11:24 AM)MikeinMKE Wrote:  

Quote: (05-23-2013 11:18 AM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Akers cost me so much money with both of his St Louis misses. I remember the first one in San Fran when Smith got hurt and they lost due to Akers, I was like "I cannot wait until 2 weeks later b/c I know they will fucking kill the Rams" and then Kaep had that flukey strip/fumble at the goalline and then Akers missed ANOTHER FG.

I definitely hoping Chiefs win 8 games. If that, correct that, when that happens the 49ers pick up the Chiefs 2nd rounder next year's draft. If the win 7 or less, Niners get Chiefs 3rd. This is the year I am thinking of taking some cash and allocating it to betting on games and fantasy. When the 49ers were in the dynasty era it seemed if you just bet the 49ers over a season, you would end up ahead.

Chiefs got punished with a crappy qb. It has pro bowlers and just needed a change. I definitely think the Chiefs will surprise some. I think the Chargers got better also. Only the Raiders slipped behind.

I think the Raiders reached in the first round for that CB hayden (I think is his name). Should have just kept trading down and got picks. Holes across the entire team.

I always liked TB since Gruden, but Freeman better step up. IIRC, TB drafted a qb. It is a contract year for Freeman, right? He has tools around him and a good defense as long as Goldson doesn't pile a bunch of personal fouls.

NFL thread

Quote: (05-23-2013 12:12 PM)tjf78 Wrote:  

However, my ultimate sleeper team will be tampa bay. This is a contract year for Josh Freeman. He has Vincent Jackson, Doug Martin, and Mike Williams. All of these skill guys can produce. Their oline is decent with two great guards (Davin Joseph and Carl Nicks), two below-average tackles (Donald Penn and Demar Dobson) and I forget their center.

Their defense will be top 10 in 2013. They have the nfl's best three tech dt with gerald mccoy but the rest of their dline is unproven. They have two hard-hitting lbs (Mason Foster and Lavonte David) but they cannot cover. Their secondary improved immensely with Darrelle Revis and Dashon Goldson. They had the number 1 run defense last year and they only lost Michael Bennett to Seattle and their nose tackle. This team will win the NFC South and they are my 2013 sleeper team.

The problem with this is that the Saints and Falcons not only have great big receivers, but both have great tight ends, slot receivers, and running backs who can catch out of the backfield (plus top 5 QB's in the league). It's kind of pick your poison IMO.

I agree the Bucs secondary is improved but I think the problem will be covering Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham, Lance Moore, Harry Douglas, Jaquez Rogers, and Darren Sproles. The NFC South usually throws us a curveball of some sort, but I honestly have trouble seeing any team not named "Atlanta" or "New Orleans" coming out on top.

NFL thread

I think the Raiders reached in the first round for that CB hayden (I think is his name). Should have just kept trading down and got picks. Holes across the entire team.

Haha, I agree with you 100% on this pick. They should have picked Florida DT Sherrif Floyd at 12. IMO, this draft was not very deep at CB. Outside of Alabama's Dee Milliner, there was a severe drop-off at CB. The Raiders have been the laughing-stock of the NFL since around 2005 when they drafted speedy Nebraska CB Fabian Washington. I believe he ran a 4.25 but he did not produce. Spent three seasons with the Raiders and then went to the Jets. I believe he is out of the NFL. Speed and 40 times matter more to the Raiders organization than anything. They took that Maryland WR Darius Heyward-Bey ahead of Crabtree in the 2009 Draft. Back to Hayden, he ran a 4.33 40. This was one of the fastest times for a CB in this year's draft and this explains why the Raiders reached for him.

I always liked TB since Gruden, but Freeman better step up. IIRC, TB drafted a qb. It is a contract year for Freeman, right? He has tools around him and a good defense as long as Goldson doesn't pile a bunch of personal fouls.
[/quote]

Yes, this is the last year on Freeman's rookie contract. They drafted NC State QB Mike Gleanon in the 3rd round. Haha, Goldson is a mean motherfucker except when he squares up with Marshawn Lynch.

NFL thread

LOL Dashon didn't lower his shoulder.

Joking of course, but it would be awesome just as a joke, if Marshawn on one play packed skittles inside his helmet and then when he got hit they exploded everywhere.

NFL thread

The problem with this is that the Saints and Falcons not only have great big receivers, but both have great tight ends, slot receivers, and running backs who can catch out of the backfield (plus top 5 QB's in the league). It's kind of pick your poison IMO.

Jimmy Graham and Tony Gonzalez present match-up problems for every team they face. They are great route-runners and they move well in space. Also, Greg Olsen of Carolina is a top 15 nfl TE. He will hurt the bucs too. I really believe their TE's will have to produce for either the saints and falcons to play well against the bucs. Also, Atlanta picked up RB Steven Jackson from St. Louis and he is a beast. He will get his yards against the bucs stellar run defense. The TE's need to show up. Since the Bucs have Revis, they immediately take away the running backs, receivers, and slot guys. The bucs can put revis one on one against Julio Jones or Colston the entire game with Mark Baron over the top. Or they can put revis on an island against Roddy White or Lance Moore with no safety help. Revis gives them so much flexibility to run numerous different coverages with their pass defense.

The Saints or the Falcons have a good chance to win the NFC South. If they wish to beat the Bucs D, their TE's need to big days.

@samsamsam. That would be really funny to see all of those skittles fly out after Marshawn hits a defender. They should put it on Sport Science episode. This a funny Marshawn Lynch video during his rookie year in Buffalo. Watch 3:24-3:53. It explains why his head is so strong, haha.

NFL thread

Raiders got Woodson back on a one year deal, does he have anything left?

As a Charger fan I was hoping they would bring back DaMarcus Russell. lol

Our New Blog: