rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality?

Do you guys know your Myers-Briggs personality types? I always thought this was bullshit (on the level of the horoscope), until I got into it a few years ago and started testing a lot of people around me (including girls I was banging). Besides being a fun thing to do with chicks, it's pretty damn fascinating. It'd be interesting to see the spread here on the board, for obvious reasons. I was inspired to start this thread after seeing a Roosh Twitter-update where some random website is guessing he's the same type as me (ENTP).

So, post your personality type.

If you don't know your type, or haven't taken a test in a while, this is a good, short Internet version of the quiz. The more scientific ones are much longer and involved, but this will give you a good sense of what you are.

Be sure to answer the questions as honestly as you can. Not how you would want to be, or how you want to think of yourself, but how you really are. Some of questions are a little fucked up, but do your best on those.

Then, read about your type here and here. The two websites have different perspectives. You can also just google the four-letter combo and read a lot about it that way.

Note: I know there are a lot of "personality tests" out there. But, I believe this one to be one of the most science-based, reliable ones out there. Let's stick to the Myers for the purposes of this discussion.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Had never completed one of these until tonight.

I'd say this is quite accurate, though I think I'm a bit less impulsive than this might imply.

Quote:Quote:

ESTP "Promoter": These are action-oriented sophisticated people. As mates, they are both exciting and charming. They make good promoters, and entrepreneurs. 13% of the total population.

http://www.personalitytest.net/types/des.../index.htm

As an ESTP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

ESTPs are outgoing, straight-shooting types. Enthusiastic and excitable, ESTPs are "doers" who live in the world of action. Blunt, straight-forward risk-takers, they are willing to plunge right into things and get their hands dirty. They live in the here-and-now, and place little importance on introspection or theory. The look at the facts of a situation, quickly decide what should be done, execute the action, and move on to the next thing.

ESTPs have an uncanny ability to perceive people's attitudes and motivations. They pick up on little cues which go completely unnoticed by most other types, such as facial expressions and stance. They're typically a couple of steps ahead of the person they're interacting with. ESTPs use this ability to get what they want out of a situation. Rules and laws are seen as guidelines for behavior, rather than mandates. If the ESTP has decided that something needs to be done, then their "do it and get on with it" attitude takes precendence over the rules. However, the ESTP tends to have their own strong belief in what's right and what's wrong, and will doggedly stick to their principles. The Rules of the Establishment may hold little value to the ESTP, but their own integrity mandates that they will not under any circumstances do something which they feel to be wrong.

ESTPs have a strong flair for drama and style. They're fast-moving, fast-talking people who have an appreciation for the finer things in life. They may be gamblers or spendthrifts. They're usually very good at story telling and improvising. They typically makes things up as they go along, rather than following a plan. They love to have fun, and are fun people to be around. They can sometimes be hurtful to others without being aware of it, as they generally do not know and may not care about the effect their words have on others. It's not that they don't care about people, it's that their decision-making process does not involve taking people's feelings into account. They make decisions based on facts and logic.

ESTP's least developed area is their intuitive side. They are impatient with theory, and see little use for it in their quest to "get things done". An ESTP will occasionally have strong intuitions which are often way off-base, but sometimes very lucid and positive. The ESTP does not trust their instincts, and is suspicious of other people's intuition as well.

The ESTP often has trouble in school, especially higher education which moves into realms where theory is more important. The ESTP gets bored with classes in which they feel they gain no useful material which can be used to get things done. The ESTP may be brilliantly intelligent, but school will be a difficult chore for them.

The ESTP needs to keep moving, and so does well in careers where he or she is not restricted or confined. ESTPs make extremely good salespersons. They will become stifled and unhappy dealing with routine chores. ESTPs have a natural abundance of energy and enthusiasm, which makes them natural entrepreneurs. They get very excited about things, and have the ability to motivate others to excitement and action. The can sell anyone on any idea. They are action-oriented, and make decisions quickly. All-in-all, they have extraordinary talents for getting things started. They are not usually so good at following through, and might leave those tasks to others. Mastering the art of following through is something which ESTPs should pay special attention to.

ESTPs are practical, observant, fun-loving, spontaneous risk-takers with an excellent ability to quickly improvise an innovative solution to a problem. They're enthusiastic and fun to be with, and are great motivators. If an ESTP recognizes their real talents and operates within those realms, they can accomplish truly exciting things.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ESTP.html

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I usually get ENTJ on these things. From the descriptions I'd say it's a fairly accurate result.

There was antoher test where you could see your results on a "scale" for each letter.

People are often a balance between, for instance T and F - they aren't 100% one or the other. Some are more even, some are more skewed.

If I remember, I was an ENTP/ENFP. Kind of wish I was an ENTJ, but I am too much of a natural slob to be a J.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

I'm definitely on a quest. I find it interesting that it says I'm 1% of the population. I've always kind felt like an outsider.

INFP: "Questor". Idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, and have a high capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.

Team Nachos

INTP, and pretty much pegging the introvert meter--but I've done an excellent job of coping, and many would swear I'm an extrovert by now--I just still get fatigued by being social (I do it well, but it's tiring).

I think I posted about Meyer Briggs awhile back.

I'm INTP, the same personality type as Einstein. We're supposed to be very rare, smart and logical people who make great engineers, scientists and programmers.

ENTP, always.

INTJ

Multiple tests over 25 years. Same results.

When I was younger: ENTJ

Now: ESTP

Neither of these types describe me well at all.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

BAMF. Always.

ENFP

ISFJ: "Conservator" - Service and work oriented - very loyal. They are good nurses, teachers, secretaries, general practitioners, librarians, middle managers, and housekeepers. 6% of the total population.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Reppin' the ENTP. Surprised there aren't more of us. I took a pretty rigorous version for a class I had, though it's not as simple as the four letters. If I recall correctly, I was assigned a number between 1 and 10 for each attribute, with 1 being say, lightly extroverted, and 10 highly extroverted.

The teacher had a nice demonstration of the test, right before our eyes. He selected two groups of 4, and told them that they had decide as a team where to go for a vacation. They could go anywhere they liked, but they had to go together. Then each group would tell the rest of the class what each had decided.

I was in one of these groups, and each of my teammates wanted something slightly different, but we managed to quickly agree on traveling the Meditteranean coast, which would accommodate all the desires of the people in my group. The members of the other group also had different desires. Instead of settling on one place though, they told the class, decided to jet around to different places and spend half their vacation effectively on an airplane, because they couldn't decide on a single area like my group did. Basically, they were a real anal-retentive stubborn bunch. I remember especially a loud ugly Indian girl in their group, who despite having a shrieky voice, never stopped talking and voicing her opinions to no one in particular.

Then the teacher revealed that my group was comprised of people highest in Perception, and the other was the highest in Judgment. Everyone was like "ahhhhh."

The problem I have with these tests is I can usually respond to both answers depending on my mood.

Anyone else have this issue?

For instance:

33. Would you say that you are more in need of
social interactions
peace and privacy

I could say both.

Sometimes I want "peace and privacy" because I have swooped three different girls in the last three nights.

I kind of "yo-yo" thru the answers.

So, I think that screws up the test.

Also, I kind of have a split personality.

Update:

My Jungian Personality type is ESTP

These are action-oriented sophisticated people. As mates, they are both exciting and charming. They make good promoters, and entrepreneurs. 13% of the total population.

There is some truth to this:

If confinement continues, an ESTP's stress increases. They feel empty and hollow inside, as if dead to the world. Their first impulse is to seek revenge by mocking other people’s values. They become increasingly anti-social and ridicule others with startling displays of disdainful behavior. By causing a scene, ESTPs rejuvenate their fading spirits and at the same time punish their oppressors. Like all SPs under stress, ESTPs get even by undoing the barriers to freedom, especially though gaining the trust and cooperation of others.

And

Owing to their drive for excitement, ESTPs are often unaware of the long-term consequences of their actions. Not understanding the far reaching implications of their behaviors, ESTPs often find themselves at odds with friends, colleagues, and employers. A quick fix mentality and strong improvisational skills cannot always compensate for the long-term disappointments resulting from shortsighted planning. ESTPs are tough-minded and may appear insensitive when resourceful shortcuts fail to impress a taskmaster. They can quickly become defiant. Those unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of an ESTP's anger or retaliation may soon find that they have a tiger by the tail. If they lose the opportunity to act freely on their impulses, ESTPs abuse rules and regulations laid down by others in an attempt to regain a sense of excitement.

Yep.

That's me.

I'm an ENTP.

I took this last year and was labeled a ESTJ.

This raises a question: can all 16 of those types get laid like rock-stars? Or will some always do better than others?

@ BasilRansom: I thought you'd be an ENTP. Goes well with your reflective posts. I can think of a couple of other prominent contributors who might ENTPs.

@Fret: I think that means you know yourself better this year than last year. It's easy to kid yourself into answering what you THINK is the rigth answer as opposed to just giving the answer that best describes you in your natural state.

I don't think your "type" changes. These are temperaments, something you are born with. You can manage them, even effectively, but they will always remain your underlying nature. Each one has advantages and disadvantages, and one facet of personal success (in my book) is taking the best while leaving the worst.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Quote: (02-21-2012 12:52 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Reppin' the ENTP. Surprised there aren't more of us. I took a pretty rigorous version for a class I had, though it's not as simple as the four letters. If I recall correctly, I was assigned a number between 1 and 10 for each attribute, with 1 being say, lightly extroverted, and 10 highly extroverted.

The teacher had a nice demonstration of the test, right before our eyes. He selected two groups of 4, and told them that they had decide as a team where to go for a vacation. They could go anywhere they liked, but they had to go together. Then each group would tell the rest of the class what each had decided.

I was in one of these groups, and each of my teammates wanted something slightly different, but we managed to quickly agree on traveling the Meditteranean coast, which would accommodate all the desires of the people in my group. The members of the other group also had different desires. Instead of settling on one place though, they told the class, decided to jet around to different places and spend half their vacation effectively on an airplane, because they couldn't decide on a single area like my group did. Basically, they were a real anal-retentive stubborn bunch. I remember especially a loud ugly Indian girl in their group, who despite having a shrieky voice, never stopped talking and voicing her opinions to no one in particular.

Then the teacher revealed that my group was comprised of people highest in Perception, and the other was the highest in Judgment. Everyone was like "ahhhhh."

Another ENTP here. Those descriptions seem very accurate.

Funnily enough a girl I went on a date with recently told me about doing the same exercise at the finance company where she works. She was on the J side of that exercise and had similar results. They drew a grid of the places they wanted to go to, decided they'd charter a private jet and then decided the optimum itinerary.

She painted the P side as more dysfunctional and unable to come up with a solid plan.

It never went further with her.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

A few ENTP characteristics that suggest we'd do well in the game:

They are constantly absorbing ideas and images about the situations they are presented in their lives. Using their intuition to process this information, they are usually extremely quick and accurate in their ability to size up a situation.

Understanding social situations and acting on them quickly.

This ability to intuitively understand people and situations puts the ENTP at a distinct advantage in their lives. They generally understand things quickly and with great depth. Accordingly, they are quite flexible and adapt well to a wide range of tasks.

Being able to adapt to changing situations. Understanding cause and effect and how certain behaviours lead to certain outcomes.

ENTPs are fluent conversationalists, mentally quick, and enjoy verbal sparring with others. They love to debate issues, and may even switch sides sometimes just for the love of the debate.

Witty banter leads to gina tingles. Passing shit-tests. Flexibility in seeing things from different perspectives.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

I took it again and got ENTP. I think that's a better fit--I always thought being scored a "J" was a bit odd given how disorganized and easily distracted I am.

Quote: (02-21-2012 02:08 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Another ENTP here. Those descriptions seem very accurate.

Funnily enough a girl I went on a date with recently told me about doing the same exercise at the finance company where she works. She was on the J side of that exercise and had similar results. They drew a grid of the places they wanted to go to, decided they'd charter a private jet and then decided the optimum itinerary.

She painted the P side as more dysfunctional and unable to come up with a solid plan.

It never went further with her.

Hahahaha, that's awesome. I'm comfortable with analysis, so drawing a grid is not a problem per se. I just can't fucking imagine doing that to solve a dispute like that, unless I were surrounded by really uptight, anal types.

She's wrong of course, because that form of planning can actually yield inferior results sometimes, it really depends on the circumstances. For instance, in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, they've realized soldiers would benefit from allowing officers in the field to make decisions on the spot, instead having officials on high decide ahead of time. Adaptive Perception style decision-making is more suited to situations with incomplete information and rapidly changing conditions. Besides, if you're conscious of your tendencies, you can correct for them as appropriate.

It's funny, because I find these sorts of people disagreeable, while some people find me disagreeable for not being afraid to argue, and for being a provocateur. From the 2nd ENTP description: " generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their debating skills. ENTPs tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. This sometimes confuses, even angers, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport."

INFJ, somethings about it are on point... I grew up an artist/musician so those parts are pretty much to a T.

Quote: (02-21-2012 01:53 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

This raises a question: can all 16 of those types get laid like rock-stars? Or will some always do better than others?

I think ESTP's are the biggest Playboys.

Gamesmanship is the calling card of the ESTP.

http://typelogic.com/estp.html

Quote: (02-21-2012 01:53 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

That's the million dollar question. Personality page gives a breakdown of how different types function in the romantic sphere: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/relationships.html

I think how well each type does depends on environment and culture. As we know, what will get you laid in America might not work in Korea or Norway. In America/England/Australia/Canada and extroverted countries like this, obviously being a talkative extrovert is a huge advantage over being an introvert. I'm an introvert by nature but I've learned to push myself to be able to survive in an extrovert culture, although it can be tiring as hell sometimes.

And then being an S on the S-N scale is better. The S types are more in the moment, sensual, spontaneous. Their brains are wired to react quickly and fluidly in social situations. An S is going to be ideal for approaching girls in day game where you have to really be in the moment and come up with shit to say on the fly without thinking much about it. The Ns can get caught up in their head and think too much. So the S has the advantage in game. The Fs are better for game than the Ts I think, Fs are feelers, they are the ones better equipped to provoke strong emotions in women and connect with them better at the heart-to-heart level. Ts are thinkers and rational people. Having rational and logical conversation with women will dry up their vag quicker than a desert wind. So the advantage goes to the F types. As for J vs P, I think P has more of an advantage though I don't think it's nearly as important as the other 3.

So I think the ideal player will have an ESFJ or ESFP personality. I'd expect the stereotypical "rockstar" to be an ESFP. At the very least it's going to be the ES types that are mostly going to be the naturals with women. INT types will have the hardest time. But there's always exception. Einstein was an INT and supposedly he was quite a lady's man too, but I don't know if that was prior to his fame or after. But nonetheless, an INTJ like me is probably never going to be as naturally good as an ESFP.

I don't think your "type" changes. These are temperaments, something you are born with. You can manage them, even effectively, but they will always remain your underlying nature.

I agree. Although you can develop yourself to be a more balanced person. Like a strong NT type that is always caught up in their head can learn to let go more and be in the moment. Introverts can learn how to enjoy socializing. They will always be introverts because much of this stuff is genetic, but they can learn to at least roll with the punches and be social when there's a need.

INTJs are the most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. These are the most independent of all types. They love logic and ideas and are drawn to scientific research. 1% of the total population.

Then for the careers, it lists…
management consultant
economist
scientist
computer programmer
environmental planner
new business developer
curriculum designer
administrator
mathematician
psychologist
neurologist
biomedical researcher
strategic planner
civil engineer
intellectual properties attorney
designer
editor/art director
inventor
informational-graphics...designer
financial planner
judge

Well…my undergrad major was applied mathematics and I work as a software engineer (related to computer programmer). On top of that, I do like posting on the college/academic board discussing how to improve the math and computer science programs (related to curriculum designer).