rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The EU/European politics thread

The EU/European politics thread

Quote: (11-11-2016 02:07 PM)britchard Wrote:  

However Sarkozy has shifted quite far to the right since his presidency. I suspect it is a combination of him realising that France will fall soon if nothing is done, his anger at the terror attacks and wanting to take votes from Le Pen.

If I knew he was going to stick to his word, I honestly wouldn't mind Sarkozy as President, he's very right-wing as French people go. He's also a bit of a womaniser and a throwback to the old days.

I think the sound of Trump, May, Sarkozy, Putin, Duterte, etc as our leaders instead of people like Obama, Cameron and Hollande is much more pleasing. All that needs to be done now is to get rid of Merkel!

I would even prefer Hollande to Sarkozy, because these "fake right" politicians dilute nationalist sentiment with their empty rhetoric but end up following a counterproductive agenda.
At least with Hollande you end up igniting more fire to the rightist base.

To me Sarkozy is the equivalent of neo cons in America. Perceived as right wing hawks but in reality working against it and pursuing other interests.

Sarkozy has been tried and didnt do much. He is not an agent of change. At best he wont make it worse.

Lepen is the only agent of change. I will say Lepen>Trump even because she is more pure in her understanding and struggle against international policies that have plagued the world. Her father was even better but she has polished her message a little so she can expand the base. Her father unfortunately wouldnt have had a chance even now because he was successfully vilified for far too long.

The only way any meaningful change will happen is if Lepen is elected.

Messages In This Thread