rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Oslo Data Sheet

Oslo Data Sheet

Ill be upfront about Oslo. The chicks are hot, feminine (best among the scandi countries) and more than eager to talk with you if you are a foreigner. The city itself is a cool combo of urban living and nature getaways. The only thing which in my opinion seriously impedes long term living in Oslo are the prices. It is extremely difficult to swallow the fact that the normal beer you had set you back by around 12 CHF. Living in a hostel in a dorm bed? Be prepared to cough up 50 Euros minimum. Hotels will be even more expensive. The food is good but again terribly expensive.

Ill break down the data sheet into 2 parts as per my usual style. Day game and Night game. Both have their plus points and as a discerning playboy you should find out as to which suits your style most.

Day Game:
I highly recommend day game in Oslo. Its odd that the norwegians are direct descendants of the vikings, because pretty much NO ONE does day game here. And when I mean no one, I literally mean that. However, I can sort of understand why day game is not done here. Norwegian girls are quite forward sexually and getting a hook up at night can be done with a little amount of effort. However thats mainly because most of the Norwegian guys are good looking. If you are average looking or short, then night game is well nigh difficult to execute here.

Therefore, if you are a average looking, (relatively short) guy, day game is the best bet to get laid.

One more point about day game. In Norway, go the direct day game route. The girls here get confused when you attempt to open them with an indirect opener and then ramble away for 5-10 minutes. I committed this mistake on atleast 7-8 occasions and the girls soon lost interest and went away. However when I began going direct, my success rate of closing (phone numbers/FB contacts) jumped up dramatically. After that I was always opening up women directly. Nothing overtly sexual, but just genuine compliments on their looks, dressing and walking style. The women respond very well to direct day game and love the fact that someone has the balls to come up to them in the middle of the street and compliment them.

An additional point to consider when opening directly over here is to talk slowly, calmly while maintaining rock solid body language. Don't talk too fast or too excitedly as that is considered to be socially inept nature and a sign of weakness in Norway. Norwegians are very direct while talking with you, usually to the point of being blunt. Quite a few girls outrightly told me that they were not interested because I was not their type and walked away. It does feel a bit weird at first but you soon get used to it.

Also, no cocky funny humor unless the girl is being an absolute bitch. Mild teasing goes a long long way over here.

Day game venues:
Karl Johann Gate: The main street in Oslo and bang opposite the central train station. You could day game here all day long and still be opening high quality sets. The street is busy at all times of the day, but the ideal time to day game here is from 4 pm to 6 pm when most girls stop by at the numerous shops for a quick shopping tour before going home. On a Friday, any time after 3 pm is good. Avoid this place in the evening as it becomes a haven for shady characters and clueless tourists. There are a number of English pubs (The scotsman, winstons) and cafes lining the street, and these are ideal locations for an insta date. There is also a park at the end of this street and this is usually filled with girls sunning themselves. The trouble is that getting the sun is as rare as the Vatican City winning the world cup. However the park is also normally host to a multitude of events, exhibitions and festivals so there are plenty of 'smart' chicks hanging around. The weekend I went, it was the Oslo book festival and the book tents were crowded at all times. There is a big shopping store called Vero Moda on this street and it is filled with hot ass, especially on weekends.

Hot Tip: Avoid Hard Rock cafe like the plague. This cafe is overrun by American tourists and it is positively the worst place to meet locals.

Akers Brygge: This is a huge shopping mall on the waterfront around 15 minutes walk from Karl Johan gate. The best thing about this shopping mall is that it is right next door to a street which has tonnes of restaurants, so people shop here and then hit the restaurants straight away. The mall itself is quite unremarkable in that it is not super big like some of the shopping malls you see in Dubai or even the US. However there is just so much hot ass walking around here that it is impossible to not find quality targets. There are also a couple of cafes here and they can be used for insta dates.

One more plus point about Akers Brygge is that it is literally bang opposite the disembarkation point for all the ferries leaving Oslo, so you will see many hot local chicks hanging around the area while waiting to catch their ferry to one of the islands which are near Oslo. Although I did not get much success, I can imagine that it is possible to chat up the girls, get the digits and then invite them for an evening out. Since most of the ferries stop running late night, I think its safe to say that if an island girl agrees to come out late evening, shes down for the bang.

Stranden: This is the restaurants street right next to Akers Brygge. Great spot to day game and the churn usually means that you can be talking to several high quality targets in a relatively short period of time. The area right next to TGI Fridays is perpetually crowded and you can hit on girls coming out of here all day long. Plus, Stranden is quite close to a nearby block of recently constructed apartments which are on the high end side. This means that there are quite a few 'rich' girls taking walks along this street or walking their dogs. Since most of the restaurants here are non smoking you will also have the smoking chicks come out for a quick smoke before going back inside. One of the best times to hit up Stranden is early evening (around 6pm - 7.30 pm) when there are tonnes of hot chicks walking into or waiting outside restaurants. The only drawback is that they are usually in groups and therefore having a wing is great.

Grunerlokka: This is the cool area of Oslo where all the local students hang out. It is around 10 minutes by tram from the Oslo central station and is quite similar to the Kazimierz area of Krakow. Best time to come here would be early in the evening when most of the locals stop by for a quick drink before heading home. This place is also good to frequent around lunch time because the prices here are relatively low and many students come here for a bite. The main street here is Thorvald Meyers Gate. Just dont expect tons of hot ass girls to be walking around and you will be good.

Cafe Sør: which is very near Youngstorget and the central station. Absolutely dope spot for insta date and coffee shop game. Add in the fact that it has great food and free wi-fi and this makes it even more of a magnet. The best thing about this place is that it is cosy and yet private. Therefore approaching someone feels very natural. There are some dark cosy spots which are ideal for escalating. Sor is a cafe during the day and more of a pub during the evening, but I really like the place..cool people, nice drinks, good ambiance.

Oslo University College/Royal Palace Park area: This is one of the colleges in Oslo and possibly the only one to be located bang in the city center. It is also adjacent to the royal palace park. As a result on a bright sunny day you will see many young hotties sunning themselves on the lush verdant greens. The weekend on which I went was quite warm during the day time and hence I saw quite a young good looking crowd here. Just keep in mind that this is different from Oslo University which is located a bit outside the city center.

Thats all about the various day game options in Oslo. In my opinion, day game is really the way to go about getting a lay in this city. However day game and more specifically street game has a very short lifespan in terms of actually being a viable option. I went to Oslo around 15th september and the temp was already hovering around 10 degrees. If you still want to go ahead and do street game, help yourself, but also get ready for your nuts to fall off in the freezing cold.

However for the 2-3 months when street game is still possible, it IS by far the best option in Oslo.

Next post will be on the night game spots and also why I dont think that Night game is the way to go in Oslo.

Oslo Data Sheet

Great post !

I will go to Oslo somewhere next year and probably stay with a friend. Maybe i even meet my Norwegian flag. I met her in Lima/Peru. I was just minding my own business in the hostel bar, doing some writing and not joining the party and had eye contact with her a few times that night but nothing flirty. At the end of the night she just jumped on my lap and wouldn't let go of me. Spend the night in a hostel bed and got my flag the next day in a hotel room.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Oslo Data Sheet

" However thats mainly because most of the Norwegian guys are good looking. If you are average looking or short, then night game is well nigh difficult to execute here.

Therefore, if you are a average looking, (relatively short) guy, day game is the best bet to get laid."

The guys are good looking? To who? the girls or you? So a 5'8 latino with strong NYC club game would bomb there?

I like your sheet but that statement is WAY off.

Oslo Data Sheet

Great report. Do you have any tips on saving money there?

Oslo Data Sheet

Your data sheet has inspired me to save all good data sheets to my computer from now on for future reference. Cheers dude.

Oslo Data Sheet

+1

Oslo Data Sheet

Oslo is an amazing city with a ton of really cute girls, but goddammn... You will go broke just standing around in Norway. I was there for like a day and a half and blew almost $300 between street food/grocery stores and the hostel. Plus you have those pay toilets, which suck. $2 just to take a leak, fuck that.

Oslo Data Sheet

Excellent Data Sheet Sirob, it looks like having a decent bankroll before heading to Oslo would be a major asset, especially for the non-hostel folks.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Oslo Data Sheet

If you seriously dont want to blow up major cash in Oslo, you will have to observe the three main rules:

1) No eating out
2) No drinking out
3) No taxis

1) No eating out: I cannot stress how important this is. Normally I am used to high prices, living in Switzerland, however even I got a ticker shock when I checked out the food prices in Oslo. Baguette sandwiches for 50 Kroner or NOK (this is cheapest at 7/11), Cappuccino for 45 NOK, main course dishes for 200 NOK and so on. The best thing to do is to book yourself into a private room in a hostel which has a very good breakfast buffet and then literally stuff yourself. That is the route I followed.

Alternatively you can also cook your own food if you have a kitchenette in your hotel. The best place to buy cheap groceries are the local ethnic markets in and around the Grunerlokka area. Since this area is full of students and immigrants, the prices here are significantly cheaper than the normal supermarket groceries.

If you are a pure vegetarian, this country will feel like heaven to you. Meat prices are way off the charts as local farmers are highly subsidized by the government. Salads and vegetarian dishes are quite cheap relatively and you will save a ton of money by not eating meat.

2) No drinking out: The alcohol prices in Norway are such that they will permanently banish any hangover that you may secretly hope to have. Consider this. A normal bottled beer (330 ml) costs 72 NOK and a cocktail costs 120 NOK. Very specialized drinks cost even higher. For some reason, bottles of champagne are quite cheap relatively (1 L = around 400 NOK) so many Norwegians end up buying bottles in a group and sharing the tab among all. This is the reason that you will see so many bottles of champagne being consumed here. In fact champagne consumption is so ubiquitous that there are specialized champagne bars dedicated for this.

The best thing to do is to buy all your alcohol from the duty free section at Oslo airport before you step out. That way you can get a substantial reduction on alcohol prices and you can pre drink in the comfort of your hotel without breaking the bank. The Norwegians have a special word for pre drinking. They call it vorspiel which literally means 'before play'. So the best thing to do is to indulge in some vorspiel, then goto the bars and clubs and then after that indulge in Nachspiel which means after play.

Keep your alcohol consumption in bars and clubs to a minimum. It doesnt hurt to nurse just one drink the whole night.

There are also some specially regulated shops in Norway called vinmonopolets (wine monopoly) which hold down the prices of wine. These are again subsidized by the government and even though you will still be paying a high price, it wont be as exorbitant as buying a bottle of wine in a supermarket. Oh yes, and be ok with drinking some bad quality beers as they are the cheapest alcohol that you can find in bars and pubs.

3) Avoid taxis: I dont think that people really know the prices of taxis in Norway. The minimum starts at around 90 NOK and can zoom up rapidly based on which taxi service you are taking and the time of the evening (after 12.30 am, the rates shoot thru the roof). The best option is to buy day and night multiple transport tickets which can be obtained from the 7/11 stores in advance. Dont buy tickets on the tram or train as these will be very expensive.

These are just some things which I learnt the hard way. I hope that the forum members will be well served if they travel to Oslo.

Oslo Data Sheet

This has to be the most expensive country in the world?! Those prices are literally triple what youd expect to pay in London, NewYork, Japan.
Has anyone got any good details for budget studios or hotels?
Is night game really dead here?

Oslo Data Sheet

For the Americans, 1 USD = 5.5 Kroner. So based on Sirob's price lists...

Cappuccino: $8.20
Sandwich: $9
Main course dish: $36
Beer: $13
Cocktail: $21

These prices are 30-40% higher than what I experienced in Copenhagen.

I'm guessing that Norway allows you to bring in 1 bottle of liquor purchased at a duty free shop. Doing this for Iceland and Denmark saved me some money.

Oslo Data Sheet

Any chance of some night game tips?
Ryanair have some deals on and flights to Oslo are insanely cheap. I'm thinking about a weekend trip in November.
Stockholm is also an option, how do you think they compare? I have heard that nightlife in Oslo is pretty weak compared, and I do like a bender.

Oslo Data Sheet

Yep, I'm going to post my night game data sheet this weekend.

Quote: (10-13-2011 05:25 PM)Richie Wrote:  

Any chance of some night game tips?
Ryanair have some deals on and flights to Oslo are insanely cheap. I'm thinking about a weekend trip in November.
Stockholm is also an option, how do you think they compare? I have heard that nightlife in Oslo is pretty weak compared, and I do like a bender.

Oslo Data Sheet

Good post, I can verify your description of Norwegian girls too. They had a lot of soldiers in the part of Afghanistan I was in and almost all of their females ranged from cute to incredibly hot, and all of them were really sweet and easy to talk to, and that was just their military women. Also, their guys were cool and totally didn't mind me screwing around with their women. It was like being around a bunch of Disney princesses, but with the libidos of Italian men (yes, I got my Norwegian flag there).
Also, all of the Norwegian soldiers were saying Bergen was the better, and slightly more affordable 'big' city, has anyone been there? A lot of them keep inviting me to visit, so I'm looking forward to the Night Game update!

Upgrayedd. Which he spells thusly, with two D's, as he says, "for a double dose of this pimping".

Oslo Data Sheet

Quote: (10-11-2011 05:17 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

For the Americans, 1 USD = 5.5 Kroner. So based on Sirob's price lists...

Cappuccino: $8.20
Sandwich: $9
Main course dish: $36
Beer: $13
Cocktail: $21

These prices are 30-40% higher than what I experienced in Copenhagen.

I'm guessing that Norway allows you to bring in 1 bottle of liquor purchased at a duty free shop. Doing this for Iceland and Denmark saved me some money.

Typical of MIami prices....I've seen 14USD cappuchinos and lattes on trendy sobe spots, and 20USD Cocktails at Blue Martini!

Mixx

Oslo Data Sheet

Here's a show in Norway...Are the guys goodlooking?
[attachment=3362]
Stiff competition?

Oslo Data Sheet

Aframs often tell reports about how they are swimming into a sea of blonde women, I wonder If they are being serious about those women being interested in them or they are just having weird imaginations.

Oslo Data Sheet

About the good lokking men issue.
I have spent quite much time on the west coast US and Hawaii the last year. To compare men and woman living in those places pluss Norway I would say these factors are the main differences;

-Norwegians are taller
-Norwegians work out a lot more. Cultural thing.
-Norwegians dress better. Thighter clothes to impress with the physique.

The same thing goes for Sweden and Denmark.

Oslo Data Sheet

Got to tell it like it is about Norway: they usually look well (guys too, undeniable), dress well, well educated, know how to party, and drink a ton. Take it or leave it.

PS I do hope no one generalizes about entire Scandinavia based on the attachment above. "Seen an attachment, seen the world". Err... not so.

Oslo Data Sheet

Quote: (10-14-2011 05:13 PM)gig Wrote:  

Got to tell it like it is about Norway: they usually look well (guys too, undeniable), dress well, well educated, know how to party, and drink a ton. Take it or leave it.

PS I do hope no one generalizes about entire Scandinavia based on the attachment above. "Seen an attachment, seen the world". Err... not so.
Ok yes. The guys are hot. Us Med/Latin guys under 6' don't do well.
And that picture is NOT what they look like.

Oslo Data Sheet

^ I didn't take the time to really observe how foreigners fare there with girls so on that I can't comment. They might be doing very well, I simply don't know. So that a lot of local men have good looks should not necessarily deter anyone from checking Oslo out.

Oslo Data Sheet

Aww shit! Arne, Yuron and Olaf are here! There goes all the pussy!

You know this board is read worldwide and any statement that would deter others from thinking they wont pull there is ridiculous.

Oslo Data Sheet

I was there a few years back and stayed at the Scandic hotel not far from Johann Gate. A Salmon Burger on the hotel menu worked out to be $28 usd. I was converting my english pounds at the time and it went quickly, I could not afford to get drunk there.
The city is small, so no need for taxi's plus they have a good transit system. The funny thing is there was a honour system with the subway, no attendant was visible so like dumb tourists we walked on for free.
I find norwegian girls very friendly and pretty direct if they like you, I did not get my flag due to my stupidity. Luckily for me I got it in London prior to visiting.
The nightlife was not that great, a few bars but not on the level of other places I have travelled.
All in all, Oslo is a great destination because the prices will keep alot of people away. Every girl seemed intriqued why i was visiting.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Oslo Data Sheet

Quote: (10-14-2011 02:54 PM)Snok Wrote:  

I have spent quite much time on the west coast US and Hawaii the last year. To compare men and woman living in those places pluss Norway I would say these factors are the main differences;

-Norwegians are taller

Do you mean working out in fitness as bodybuilding/lifting weights? I didn't know It was particualrly common anywhere outside the US..

Oslo Data Sheet

Quote: (10-14-2011 02:54 PM)Snok Wrote:  

-Norwegians are taller

That's an interesting characterization there, albeit incorrect and flawed I think. I live on the U.S. West Coast. The Pacific Northwest is overwhelmingly Scandinavian, so you're comparing Norwegians against Norwegians. That makes sense.

Hawaii is overwhelmingly Asian for reasons that are obvious. Comparing California to anywhere is pointless because California is just a mix of so many ethnicities that are impossible to group together.