rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Most Attractive Hobbies and Interests

The only extracurricular I do right now is lift. Before everyone says you shouldn't pick hobbies and interests based on getting laid, I want too say I completely agree.

However, I'm in a state of being totally and equally apathetic and uninterested in everything and need to force myself to try out a lot if different new things and see if I catch a passion in something. I think being passionate and good at anything can make you more attractive but some hobbies much more than other others.

So what are the most attractive hobbies?

Beyond that what hobbies are good for improving social life and meeting more women?

There are many threads on this topic:

thread-62267.html

thread-54232.html

thread-67201.html

thread-39888.html

thread-55928.html

Get into a combat sport.

The onlyextracurricular you need is lifting. In fact, lifting should not be an extracurricular, it should be your life. This thread is really making me question whether or not you want to get jooocy. If so, all you need is chest and arms baby, chest and arms.

Learn a martial art
Surfing
Skiing
Motorsports
Hiking
Read a lot

1. Gym

2. Latin dancing (Bachata, Kizomba etc)

Playing guitar has helped me get a laid a lot but I probably wouldn't have gotten very deep into it if I was just learning to get poon.

I'm gonna say photography, DJ, and musician. Although not all these guys get pussy, of all the hobbies and interests I've seen, these guys slay the most. Dancing as well.

However, I'm in a state of being totally and equally apathetic and uninterested in everything

Based on that I'd suggest a couple of things.
Dancing is an interest I took up later in life. I can't recommend it enough if you feel like that. I don't really think it matters that much the actual type as long as it is some sort of partner based dance. Salsa, Ceroc any of those. I was hopeless to start so don't worry about that. It's a great social thing, good for fitness, good for the mind (learning moves), obviously there is the social aspect and lastly it gets you out of the house. A bonus is regular time spent with all sorts of women.

Another good site is meetups. I was just on a general one but there are all sorts of hobbies / interests. Just try but see if it is one with plenty of members and bigger groups to actually go on outings. I joined one when single after many years after a recommendation and wasn't looking to pick up but did meet some cool women.

For some perspective my main hobbies are motor sport and hunting / hiking in remote places but especially with the hunting I don't discuss that with women initially.

Cooking.

Girls can't do it, so if you do it for them, they go nuts.

Quote: (01-27-2019 06:37 PM)Matt Warner Wrote:  

Based on that I'd suggest a couple of things.
Dancing is an interest I took up later in life. I can't recommend it enough if you feel like that. I don't really think it matters that much the actual type as long as it is some sort of partner based dance. Salsa, Ceroc any of those. I was hopeless to start so don't worry about that. It's a great social thing, good for fitness, good for the mind (learning moves), obviously there is the social aspect and lastly it gets you out of the house. A bonus is regular time spent with all sorts of women.
I agree with this. It also helps reinforce keeping women in your frame as you should be leading the interaction start to finish.

For you guys that do any striking based martial arts, is there any medium ground between moms cardio-kickboxing class and getting punched in the face all the time? Would I even get any respect in the gym if i didn't want to get hit in head?

I don't mind pain in the moment I can't let concussions fuck with my work.

Quote: (01-27-2019 08:12 PM)forgottenowl Wrote:  

For you guys that do any striking based martial arts, is there any medium ground between moms cardio-kickboxing class and getting punched in the face all the time? Would I even get any respect in the gym if i didn't want to get hit in head?

I did Kyokushin Karate for years, which may be an option for you. Kicks to the head are allowed but no punches to the face so you aren't fucked up all the time from sparring. You will be taught how to strike and defend to the head but you won't actually do it. Aside from that it's pretty much full contact. Generally no pads but thats on a school-by-school and tournament-by-tournament basis. Fighting is continuous in 2 minute rounds (it's not points style).

The lack of punches to the head are generally cited as the main weakness, but even despite that it's regarded as not for pussies.

The place I trained Muay Thai was like this, no full contact sparring, just pads

One day I was shadowboxing with a cute petite 20 years old, who despite the instructor orders wouldn't hit me with any strength (or maybe she just wasn't capable of physical aggression)

The next day there was a brawny guy two to three weight classes above me blowing my fucking legs off through the pad
Got a hematome for three days, but these are not concussions, right?

This place was a gym with a extension for martial arts classes and other stuff, and the crowd varied from soccer moms to skin-head looking guys to overweight powerlifters. I think the coed varied setting is key for what you want, the moment you arrive just pick your training partner, everyone knows to change their tone. Just like you wouldn't destroy the petite 20 year old, the buff tattoed dude won't destroy you(unless you ask for it)

A red pill I've swallowed is women actually do not give a shit as long as you get renown, fame, mini-celebrity reputation from that hobbie. Think of it like marketing yourself. They don't even care if you are good at that hobbie. Of course there must be the few 'smart' women who may like the same hobbie and think you may be compatible (?)

Quote: (01-27-2019 09:16 PM)lonewolf1992 Wrote:  

A red pill I've swallowed is women actually do not give a shit as long as you get renown, fame, mini-celebrity reputation from that hobbie. Think of it like marketing yourself. They don't even care if you are good at that hobbie. Of course there must be the few 'smart' women who may like the same hobbie and think you may be compatible (?)

Great point. Women aren't interested in potential, they're interested in production.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

You can spar less/controlled spar. Honestly if you don't spar you're missing alot, even if you're just doing it from a self-defense standpoint. Knowing how to deal with getting hit, and understanding the reality of how your combos will flow (or not flow) against a resisting opponent are massive factors. There are tons of people that look good on pads/heavy bag that don't translate to sparring.

You shouldn't feel pressured into sparring but you shouldn't shy from it. It's your journey but if you're not doing some tusslin' you are missing out from the main benefit of combat sports, the psychological/mental adaptation that occurs.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

I love to play chess[Image: idea.gif]
What do you think about it?

Quote: (02-01-2019 08:30 AM)Archie Wrote:  

Pirc Defense A+++ fun. Machines fucked the metagame, but consciously constrained and directed play can still be fun.

dancing
martial arts
photography

Quote: (02-01-2019 08:30 AM)Archie Wrote:  

One town's very like another, when your head's down over your pieces, brother. It's a drag, it's a bore, and really such a pity, to be looking at the board, and not looking at the city.

Tabletops
Video Games
Weapons

Doing things for women is ghey but whatever:
-Playing Guitar (especially if in a trendy local band)
-Competing in sports (ironman, intramurals)
-Surfing (danger factor)
-Owning a big dog (shout out to Hank Moody)
-Photography (feeds their ego)
-Motorcycle riding (danger factor)
-Lifting (being big and strong)
-Dancing (latest trends)
-Leading others (organizing, speaking, political pursuits)
-Stand Up Comedy
-Traveling (being well traveled)
-Cooking (self-sufficiency and independence)
-Storytelling (works in sync with some hobbies above)

Things that often get confused for being attractive to women, but actually just impress dudes:
-Combat Sports and not competing
-Military (Beta bucks)
-Hunting/Hiking/Fishing/Outdoors

Fitness: Martial arts, weightlifting, yoga - I'd pick one to dedicate myself to it, then use the other two to compliment it. All three can be good places to meet women, though I was personally hesitant to meet girls at the gym/studio just because you don't want to be seen as a creeper.

Photography: perfect for social media, lots of girls will see your work.

Writing or blogging: if you're any good, a lot of girls will be impressed.

Invite her over for dinner. Cook dinner together and show her how to do the recipe. Lightly make fun of her lack of culinary skills.
After dinner, put on some kind of sexy dance music (old tango is good) and show her how to move. Lightly make fun of her lack of dancing skills. Say things like "oh you're really not going to be good in bed, are you?" Hold her eyes when you say it.

*bonus: Let her discover your acoustic guitar sitting somewhere. She will beg you to play a song or two. Give in only reluctantly after much begging. Play an amazing but short song, two at most. Leave her wanting more. However, this trick requires years of actual musical practice.

I do all the above. It gets me laid without fail.