rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

58% Of Women's "Likes" Go To the Top 10% Of Men On Online Dating
8% Of Women's "Likes" Go To the Top 10% Of Men On Online Dating
58% of women's "likes" go to the top 10% of men. Online dating is as bad as Apartheid for men.

Quotes from engineer on dating app Hinge:

"Half of all likes sent [by women] to men go to a much smaller segment – about 15 percent."​

"That’s the biggest problem men face on dating apps – the Brad Pitts of the world take the lion’s share of the likes from an already like-deficient sex."​

"Every nation in the world has a currency, but that currency is not equally distributed amongst the citizens of every country. These economic inequalities are described using what is called the Gini index. In our context, the closer the Gini index is to 0, the more equally likes are distributed across all of our users; a higher Gini index rating means more likes are being concentrated into fewer recipients."​

"It turns out that, as it pertains to incoming likes, straight females on Hinge show a Gini index of 0.376, and for straight males it’s 0.542. On a list of 149 countries’ Gini indices provided by the CIA World Factbook, this would place the female dating economy as 75th most unequal (average — think Western Europe) and the male dating economy as the 8th most unequal (kleptocracy, apartheid, perpetual civil war — think South Africa)."​

In that quote, he says 50% of the likes go to "about 15%" of the top men. From the actual Hinge stats published, this appears to actually be an underestimation.

[Image: hinge-likes-png.77600]

Here we see the top 10% of men get 58% of the likes. The top 50% of men get 95.7% of the likes overall. The bottom half of men get only 4.3% of the likes to share.

ie. Half of all the men on these sites must share 4.3% of the likes.

Therefore, in the app creator's words, men are living in a state of inequity that mirrors kleptocracy, apartheid, and perpetual civil war. While women are living in Western Europe.

https://hingeirl.com/hinge-reports/whats...-engineer/

https://qz.com/1051462/these-statistics-...ting-apps/
All the more reason for men to get off those apps, work on their game, and approach women in real life. Not the mention the surfeit of Secret Internet Fatties taking photos from the clavicle up to conceal their rolls that would make the Michelin Man jealous.

As Roissy said: If she were really hot, why would she bother with online dating?

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.
[Image: 200.gif]

It's a good thing I don't have any online dating apps installed.

I'll probably end up having an "intervention" for it.

"No. I can get it under control." - Every addict ever #271
I must be top 10% then because I get around 20 matches a day. Its weird because i'm only in half decent shape, slightly above average job, slightly above average height, a decent conversationalist but not the greatest.

Based on self assessment i'd only put myself top 35% percent but if these studies are to be believed then to get regular matches on these apps must mean we're top 10%
For sure. The apps also filter hard based on age. So if you are not in the age range of the most desired cohort of women (let's say 18-28) you are easily shut out from even being SEEN by these women. Dating apps like tinder are just a boost to women's hypergamy.

Only caveat is that they can work if you are wanting to date down multiple levels, and rely on women contacting you. I relied on POF and Tinder for many years because I was so shy and didn't know about game. I did bang many women off the apps, but 90% of those women contacted me and were below what I would have wanted for physical attractiveness.
One thing interesting in the article is trying to think through the 4 categories in terms of who these people are.

Grouping: Men / Women
Top 1%: 16.4% / 11.2% >> Top 1%, - this is your 10
Top 5: 41.1% / 30.6% >> Top 5% - 9/10 (8s with good profile game)
Top 10%: 58.0% / 45.7% >> Top 10% - 8s,9s, 10 (Some 7s with good profile game)
Bottom 50%: 4.3% / 7.9% >> Bottom 50%" - lets say anyone who is a 6 down.

"I am imagining 50 guys (50%) liking on these 4 chicks , just imagine the thirst.

Also keep in mind that the less attractive bottom 50% isn't really a depiction of the population. My impression is that a lot of the bottom 50% are going to naturally drop off tinder/hinge because it doesn't bring any results.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin
It's difficult to overstate how radically dating apps and smartphones have changed the landscape of dating over the past decade or two. These technologies simultaneously empower female hypergamy and greatly increase the access that alpha men have to women. Pre-dating app, an alpha man could certainly maintain a rotation/harem of women, but it was much more difficult to manage. The sheer logistics were burdensome. Juggling multiple women takes a lot of time, energy and finesse, and securing a constant supply of new women meant spending a lot of time on the prowl. The smartphone makes that process much easier, and the dating app ensures a steady flow of new women. It's literally a passive pussy stream, and a high-value man can have new women lined up every week with the cost of just exchanging a few text messages. Cost in time, energy and money? Essentially nothing.

From the female perspective, the dating app is essentially a Prince Charming lottery ticket. The women are all on there hoping to meet that one high-value man who's totally out of their league but who for whatever reason will fall for them head over heels. They're not looking for a man equal to their own SMV. What would be the point of that? From their perspective, they can walk down the street and meet a guy like that. It's boring. No - what they is the man they wouldn't normally have access to in their everyday life. The result is predictable: women throwing themselves at the top few men and completely ignoring the rest.

There's basically an entire "hidden economy" of dating that takes place in the swipes and texts of women with SMVs 6+ and men with SMVs 9+. There is a constant flow of communication and sex between these groups that results in reduced activity among the other groups. Low SMV individuals both male and female (say 3s and below) are essentially incel and entirely out of the modern dating market. This leaves female 4s and 5s, who are below the standards of the highest value men and get no attention from them, to serve as the dating pool for male 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s and 8s. The problem then becomes apparent: you have a much smaller pool of available women for the average and even above-average man. The female 4s and 5s, initially saddened that they can't get the attention of the male 9s, are quickly comforted by the realization that they can get an endless supply of sex and attention from those thirsty male 4-8s. So they take full advantage of the cock buffet the dating apps provide, making up for their lack of quality with pure quantity. It makes the average girl feel sexy and desirable to know that she can have the attention of so many men. Hence the modern phenomenon of the 5 who thinks she's an 8 - from her dating app perspective, she really thinks she is. This is why 4s and 5s are the sluttiest women - the dating apps enable it, and their serial promiscuity serves to persuade them that they are more sexually desirable than they really are.

The end result is stratification of the dating market, as this study demonstrates. The highest-value men have unprecedented access to all the attractive women, while even above-average men are left with essentially scraps. Women in the 6-8 range will spend years hoping to luck upon their Prince Charming, and if they don't will eventually settle for a guy with lower SMV before the wall hits. But by that point they've been embittered by years of pump and dumps and broken promises from higher value men. Not a good recipe for a happy marriage, or a for that matter a healthy society.

Basically, dating apps are an absolutely goldmine for the highest value men and average-looking women. Both of these groups can enjoy greatly enhanced sexual access with minimal investment of time and energy. The losers are the vast majority of men and above-average looking women, the latter whom spend their best years being passed around different alpha harems and end up single at 30 with nothing to show for it.

Is there a solution to this problem? Short of banning dating apps entirely, I don't see one. The negative side effects are baked in to the very design of the platforms. It's impossible to design a dating app that doesn't result in this sort of sexual stratification, because at the end of the day the platform is simply enabling and amplifying our natural human sexual programming. And that is not going to change. The West thrived when people learned the importance and value of controlling and channeling those natural sexual urges. Today, the West crumbles when our sexual urges have been freed from all constraint.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]
^ One potential development which wouldn't massively change the sexual stratification, but open the market somewhat, would be if dating apps only allowed you to upload selfies taken via the app's inbuilt camera system. In essence, removing the filters which allow low value women to masquerade as 8's. Bring a little reality back into the game.
Right now hinge is the only worthwhile dating app for me. I’m in nyc. It is billing itself as a relationship app, but there is nothing stopping you from banging a girl a few times and then moving onto the next girl.

Basically I’d given up on dating apps like tinder and okc, when I do match with one of the better looking girls on tinder or okc they usually either do not respond at all (presumably because they have 2000+ other guys talking to them at once) or they are responsive but stop responding as soon as I try to get them out on a date, at least for the most part. Hinge has been great to me. Almost works too well as I can’t date all of these girls at once as there are only so many hours in the day, and a lot of these girls want to meet up.

Day game is still king but when it’s 20 degrees out in the winter I use the apps.
Ok I'm gonna go against the flow and say that

Top 10% men =/= top 10% best looking men

In my area there is a lot of Chads on tinder and guess what - they are all the same boring shirtless selfie and "look at my car bro" types. There are girls that like them no doubt, but most girls still prefer the old "get to know you a little" before having sex (or at least pretend they do). And she wants to talk to somebody who is interesting and can talk about variety of topics other than lifting and cars. If I'm a girl I'm not gonna go on a date with some meathead and risk his roid rage. Instead I would go for this above average guy (being above average is honestly rather easy - just dont be fat and have good hygiene and style... And be tall) to have a drink and maybe something happens.

You can be AFC but if you show some DHV (adventure, passion, intelligence) and have good pictures (high quallity, color grading, good angles, light, clothes, grooming) you can get really quallity girls and then use real game to sex them.

To me looking interesting and having interesting life will alway be more effective than raw physical attractiveness (if you have both then "fuck you" you win in life)

Dating apps are still great imo because most guys have no idea how to do it right so even if they are good looking their "hey how are you" openers are killing any chances. Often they have bad first photo. Or they are beta as fuck and get LTR quickly/quit tinder. Or pictures sucks. Or they are boring/dumb with no game. Or lack logistics. Tons of things you as a player can get better in. This or moan forever how life is not fair.
I bet more than 58% of the likes on this forum are from Built to Fade
Not to sound like a party pooper but I don't see anything new here. Does it really come as a surprise?
This is just confirming stuff that has already been proven and talked about years ago. I think it was OKCupid that came out with similar statistics several years ago.
Quote: (01-05-2019 01:19 PM)Nefarias Wrote:  

In my area there is a lot of Chads on tinder and guess what - they are all the same boring shirtless selfie and "look at my car bro" types. There are girls that like them no doubt, but most girls still prefer the old "get to know you a little" before having sex (or at least pretend they do). And she wants to talk to somebody who is interesting and can talk about variety of topics other than lifting and cars. If I'm a girl I'm not gonna go on a date with some meathead and risk his roid rage. Instead I would go for this above average guy (being above average is honestly rather easy - just dont be fat and have good hygiene and style... And be tall) to have a drink and maybe something happens.

With respect, you have no idea what kind of action the Chads are getting. I mean what, did you hack all of their profiles and see that no women are messaging them? No, you did not. This entire paragraph is just wishful thinking and speculation you pulled out of your ass with no basis in reality. This is the old "don't listen to what they say, watch what they do" truism about women. Women will claim all day long that they hate jerks and douchebags, but secretly swipe right on the most douchebag-looking Chad if his pics get her tingling. And this is another huge factor of the dating apps: anonymity. In the past, a woman might actually be able to control her attraction to a douchebag Chad type by fearing the social shame of being seen socializing with him. But with an app? She suddenly has a cloak around her sexual liaisons - she can just show up at his door and none of her friends or family will ever know she was with him.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]
I just do not relate with the complaints about dating apps at all or guys saying how you have to be in the top 10% to get anything off of them. As someone who is a minority, albeit above average looks, I have had some degree of success with various dating apps and when I had higher quality photos done I could get myself to having a date every week or every other week. Most of this success came when I was in NYC but still, my point stands. The same goes for guys complaining about social media and how it is ruining game, nothing is ruining game, you're just not adjusting or evolving as a guy.

In my mind I have no doubt that if most dudes who have these complaints would just get higher quality photos done, learn the art of marketing themselves well through their pics and show to the world their interesting lifestyle that they would succeed with these apps and capitalize on this revolution. Please see this life changer of a thread to learn how to get the best possible photos for dating apps. Maybe I am missing something here but I don't get this whole notion of you having to be a Jason Momoa lookalike with a million dollar bank account to have success with dating apps, you just don't.

Dating apps have made my life a lot easier and I think they are probably the biggest blessing to the game, they have cut out the middle man.

I remember the nights of going out to bars and nightclubs, chatting up a cute girl only to find that she came with her crew and a lot of times her boyfriend. The amount of time wasted by going on wild goose chases and only occasionally getting lucky was a pain in the ass. Even with a lot of daygame I found that most of the women who were good looking were out with their boyfriend in the vicinity and simply did not want to be bothered.

Dating apps have cut out the middle man of a boyfriend and cockblocking friends, if she likes you and chats, it is implied that fucking or at least a date are going to be involved. I would not be surprised to find that vast majority of guys on this forum who have had a high lay count have done so because they used dating apps, it has made the whole process so much easier.

So I really do not get any of the complaints at all.

Yeah, women are going to like hot guys the same way guys like hot girls.

Yeah, guys who look better, have more interesting photos and can put together an amazing dating profile will get more play than some dude with selfies all over the app.

Yeah, younger people that look good love to fuck and experiment.
Quote: (01-05-2019 01:48 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

I just do not relate with the complaints about dating apps at all or guys saying how you have to be in the top 10% to get anything off of them. As someone who is a minority, albeit above average looks, I have had some degree of success with various dating apps and when I had higher quality photos done I could get myself to having a date every week or every other week. Most of this success came when I was in NYC but still, my point stands. The same goes for guys complaining about social media and how it is ruining game, nothing is ruining game, you're just not adjusting or evolving as a guy.

In my mind I have no doubt that if most dudes who have these complaints would just get higher quality photos done, learn the art of marketing themselves well through their pics and show to the world their interesting lifestyle that they would succeed with these apps and capitalize on this revolution. Please see this life changer of a thread to learn how to get the best possible photos for dating apps. Maybe I am missing something here but I don't get this whole notion of you having to be a Jason Momoa lookalike with a million dollar bank account to have success with dating apps, you just don't.

Dating apps have made my life a lot easier and I think they are probably the biggest blessing to the game, they have cut out the middle man.

I remember the nights of going out to bars and nightclubs, chatting up a cute girl only to find that she came with her crew and a lot of times her boyfriend. The amount of time wasted by going on wild goose chases and only occasionally getting lucky was a pain in the ass. Even with a lot of daygame I found that most of the women who were good looking were out with their boyfriend in the vicinity and simply did not want to be bothered.

Dating apps have cut out the middle man of a boyfriend and cockblocking friends, if she likes you and chats, it is implied that fucking or at least a date are going to be involved. I would not be surprised to find that vast majority of guys on this forum who have had a high lay count have done so because they used dating apps, it has made the whole process so much easier.

So I really do not get any of the complaints at all.

Yeah, women are going to like hot guys the same way guys like hot girls.

Yeah, guys who look better, have more interesting photos and can put together an amazing dating profile will get more play than some dude with selfies all over the app.

Yeah, younger people that look good love to fuck and experiment.

The point is that we're not complaining as Scorpion thoroughly explained, but simply laying out the consequences Dating Apps have on the Dating Market! And believe me, whatever results you're currently getting... with a proper social circle & a tight NightGame crew you would've gotten much much more before the "smarphone era"! If you go back to Roosh's initial writing with his DC Wings... you'll pick up the difference right away with how they were able to disable the Grenades!

Also think about this way: if you're getting adequate results now, with all the competition out there... image what it would've been back then. Of course there would be less candidates... but your success ratio would've been higher... and then by trying more... you'd probably exceed your current total
I wouldn’t be surprised if the bottom 50% of men were paying 90 plus percent of the subscriptions.

Taxation without representation in other words.
Quote: (01-05-2019 11:33 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

Basically, dating apps are an absolutely goldmine for the highest value men and average-looking women. Both of these groups can enjoy greatly enhanced sexual access with minimal investment of time and energy. The losers are the vast majority of men and above-average looking women, the latter whom spend their best years being passed around different alpha harems and end up single at 30 with nothing to show for it.

Other research show that people search for people that are 40 % about their SMV. So everything goes into that direction that the top 10 to 20 % of men get the most sex out of it.
From personal experience, the own SMV varies on the country and location. When I use online dating in Germany its a huge frustration and I turned back to the normal real life game. When abroad, it can be a great hit or a complete miss.
Kind of frustrating sometimes when you are a top man in a foreign country but its a hard struggle to find a woman in your own local area. The most women that are attracted to me are in their end 20s or between 30 to 40. Some of them are still nice looking but how can I build a family with a woman that either went on the cock carousel or in the best case did wait her best years for Mr. Right until the biological pressure force her to take a man on her SMV.

We have so much (fake) individualism and so called freedom going on and then you see how much the people become puppets to the social media system that play against the majority of people. Everyone hopes he or she is NEO in the Matrix when most of us are still connected to it.
Still not a lot to complain about, when you are smart you can do such a lot of things today, travel, develop yourself, start a business like never done before. There is no great war to fight for us. We think we are smart and then technology use our basic instincts against use in an extreme. The empty promise that we can have it all and just need to switch and jump to the next better thing leaves the majority of people as losers behind.

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple
Whenever a man says dating apps "aren't bad", he lives in New York City (or is traveling through SE Asia). Don't confuse the ease of dating apps with living in NYC, which is the best city in the USA to game, no matter what method you use.
Quote: (01-05-2019 02:25 PM)N°6 Wrote:  

I wouldn’t be surprised if the bottom 50% of men were paying 90 plus percent of the subscriptions.

Taxation without representation in other words.

This explains the "tinder news site". I am pretty sure that the paying clients (male 8's and lesser) are canceling their subscription to tinder.

You can be AFC but if you show some DHV (adventure, passion, intelligence) and have good pictures (high quallity, color grading, good angles, light, clothes, grooming) you can get really quallity girls and then use real game to sex them.

To me looking interesting and having interesting life will alway be more effective than raw physical attractiveness (if you have both then "fuck you" you win in life)

Dating apps are still great imo because most guys have no idea how to do it right so even if they are good looking their "hey how are you" openers are killing any chances. Often they have bad first photo. Or they are beta as fuck and get LTR quickly/quit tinder. Or pictures sucks. Or they are boring/dumb with no game. Or lack logistics. Tons of things you as a player can get better in. This or moan forever how life is not fair.
I can tell by your terminology that you're a jealous wishful type of guy. Meathead? Roided up meathead at that?

The top percentage of guys are exactly that, TOP PERCENTAGE GUYS. Heres the thing, some women wouldn't mind a balanced guy over an attractive guy with no personality. EVERY woman, however, would flock to be with a guy who excels at everything.

So lets say you find a girl who is feminine, sweet, nice, smart, held the same political views, a virgin, youthful, etc but average looks. Would you choose that girl over a girl with the same exact characteristics but is a total 10 in looks?

Totally agree. A "Chad" is not someone who has physical attractiveness and nothing else going for him, at least in an urban area. If he is a model signed to a major agency, he at least has professional status as well. Most "Chad's" have, in order:

1. Fun, interesting life with exclusive events, traveling or huge parties, concerts (status)
2. Facial looks
3. Social Circle
4. Money that's not going into a 401k (money that is spent on point #1)
5. Height/body

I've tried profiles with both shirtless shit and one demonstrating the above. I always got bangs but quality was night and day when I showed more than looks.

If you don't have above average looks then dating apps are a waste of time. However, you can meet hot girls on instagram if you effectively show points 1, 3, and 4.

You need to wake up bro. You're living in la la land. Chicks are rubbing one out to jacked masculine men, firemen, and black dudes with 12 inch dicks.

Your theory of women dating a smooth talking salesman with good style is a concocted by men too lazy to hit the gym to improve themselves. And yes, women will eventually date these men, after they've had their fun with other men who had no interest in them as something more than a one night lay.

I know it's sad, but it's reality.
Quote: (01-05-2019 01:38 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

With respect, you have no idea what kind of action the Chads are getting. I mean what, did you hack all of their profiles and see that no women are messaging them? No, you did not. This entire paragraph is just wishful thinking and speculation you pulled out of your ass with no basis in reality. This is the old "don't listen to what they say, watch what they do" truism about women. Women will claim all day long that they hate jerks and douchebags, but secretly swipe right on the most douchebag-looking Chad if his pics get her tingling. And this is another huge factor of the dating apps: anonymity. In the past, a woman might actually be able to control her attraction to a douchebag Chad type by fearing the social shame of being seen socializing with him. But with an app? She suddenly has a cloak around her sexual liaisons - she can just show up at his door and none of her friends or family will ever know she was with him.

I get your point thats why I said "some girls like Chads". Now I dont have accurate statistics how much pussy they get (it would be anecdotal evidence anyway) but I would compare it to "white god" effect in Asia. You get a lot of attention but flakiness is huge and you end up laying girls that are in this small pot (still big enought so you probably never run out of girls to fuck) of hoes and DTF girls - you get laid a lot but there are still a 95% of other girls you would never have sex with because they have different standards. Getting a lot of matches is probably like getting numbers - you can have 10 matches and lay 8 girls that are really interested in you or have 100 matches from attention whores and lay only 5 of them because you have all attraction but no comfort with them and they end up going for some even better looking guys. And girls are weird when it comes to what is attractive. You can be ugly mofo but girls will like your eyes or whatever. I mean there are girls that like Benedict Cumerbatch and weirdos like Lil Pump and other emo freaks with face tattoos. There are girls that like roosh (I heard).

If you look past that redpill AWALT you can see that large group of girls have sub 10 notch count (and panicking about "omg I slept with 8 guys already am I slut?" in their head) and had few ONS if any in their lifes and only been in LTRs (yes I know, they would never tell you the truth but remmember that as a experienced player you probably encounter a lot of girls that are more on a slutty side of a spectrum so your opinion may be skewed)

This is not me saying that being 9/10 doesn't help, it's huge advantage (and you should try maximize your potential), but you can also fight it by being more interesting/funny/intelligent and find you niche girls. It's different game but it works well. Guys being bitter and hatefull that they don't get lots of matches is like girls complaining about not getting more "likes" on instagram. Beta behaviour. Just go to Thailand to get that ego boost if you really want that or fix your life and get a jaw surgery or some shit. Quiting online just because it's not poosy paradise is like going MGTOW and claiming that you "don't need sex". You only fooling yourself.

But I'm not from US so maybe my view is different/wrong. I'm just not sold on an idea that all girls would straight up jump on your dick if you are good looking (know a lot of handsome guys stuck in LTR with cool but low SMV girls - it's more about mindset than JUST looks).

Biggest issue for me is that online is just boring compared to night/day game. Pulling girl from a club vs praying that she shows up on a date feels like you have no control over the situation and it's just frustrating and not fun. But I'm gonna pimp the shit out of my profile this year as online will only grow bigger and it's already the best way to get laid by far.

EDIT: by Chad I mean the stereotypical gym guy that also looks good in face since it's the most common type of good looking guy in my area (not that many models and rich famous people on Tinder here). I agree that being average is probably not gonna work in a place where there is big competition from actuall high value men even if your pictures are awesome (but still they can elevate you into top 20-15%)
Quote: (01-05-2019 03:43 PM)Graft Wrote:  

1. Fun, interesting life with exclusive events, traveling or huge parties, concerts (status)
2. Facial looks
3. Social Circle
4. Money that's not going into a 401k (money that is spent on point #1)
5. Height/body

2. and 5. will make everything else much easier. Handsome people will always have an easier time getting hired, being promoted, being invited to events, etc. So "Chad" will almost always be successful in other areas of his life. You'll be hard pressed to find a very good looking guy who's a real loser, and even if you do, he'll probably still be banging girls anyway - they'll be trying to help him recover ("poor Chad!").

That's why I don't quite buy this logic. Sure, the top 10% best looking guys aren't necessarily the top 10% most well rounded guys. But there's a pretty high correlation. Girls know this. Maybe Chad's pictures aren't that great or professional but on account of his looks and style they can deduce that he comes from a good family, has a fun social circle, a decent job.
I used to think like you until I realized that the 4-7's are the main girls getting approached or liked on tinder and such. These are the girls that Everybody feels they have a chance with so they get the most attention. I knew plenty of girls that had over or close to 10 notches before leaving high school.

Now there are exceptions, such as girls in very small towns, or girls who got in serious relationships early.