rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Intuition, seeing through people, and reading body language?

I like to read people and read their body language. Also, I like to make assumptions based on my intuition. Usually, whenever I read the situation, I am usually right about it .

too many times, I read the situation and I tired out to be right. I can list many examples.

Examples # 1: A Male coworker, I made an assumption he was raised by single mom.It turns out that he is so close to his mom . While his dad is still married to his mom, but my coworker is closer to his mom.

Example # 2 : A female coworker, I made assumption that her mom is dominant figure in the his house and her dad is complete beta. I was 100 % right.

Example # 3 : I mentioned the name of a guy in front of her , and I can tell her face lit up. I asked her. She admitted " She has crush on him ".

I just pay too much attention to small details and I come up with the conclusion .

But honestly, I am thinking I am overestimating my ability .

Does anyone here have the same skills set s?

Yes. Use it for picking up chicks and for knowing who to eliminate or invite to your circle.

Problem is nobody will believe your ability exists since they lack it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra

Quote: (12-05-2018 09:19 PM)scrambled Wrote:  

Problem is nobody will believe your ability exists since they lack it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra

Exactly. Most of time ppl say " oh, you are reading too much into it."

It is not prophecy per se. It is more like observing and analysis.

This is why I turned yo the forum to see if someone shares the same ability.

You can find out a lot about a person by paying attention to body language.

Most people are too busy thinking about what they are going to say next to pick up on subtle cues. Or looking at their phone.

When actively listening and picking up on body language, also continue to ask questions. Let someone ramble a few minutes and you'll learn more about them than you'd ever need to. They in return will also like you more. Great sales or dating move.

People are selfish. Use it to your advantage.

If you start to consciously seek your intuition you'll simply level yourself into making wrong assumptions. Like beginning poker players who wanna "trust their gut".

It works best when you're not actively paying attention to it.

Picking up concrete body language clues is another issue though.

Clean Slate wrote an excellent guide on this. Check it out.

Quote: (12-06-2018 02:01 AM)wi30 Wrote:  

People are selfish. Use it to your advantage.

True, but people are also distrustful and socially awkward these days, especially girls. I usually need to probe quite a bit before she starts talking, and a lot of the time it's I ask, she answers with something that is impossible to follow up.

In these cases reading body language is important to know if she's shy, uninterested or just flat cunty.

I tend to get attracted to shy girls a lot, so 90% of all my interactions go like above. Including my 3-year long LTR.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Quote: (12-06-2018 04:00 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

If you start to consciously seek your intuition you'll simply level yourself into making wrong assumptions. Like beginning poker players who wanna "trust their gut".

It works best when you're not actively paying attention to it.

Picking up concrete body language clues is another issue though.

You are correct . I just used intuition in the wrong context

Interesting...

Many times I have compared myself to Cassandra. I often make "predictions" that always turn out to be true. And when I make these "predictions" nobody be believing me.

I do not ascribe this to intuition. My "predictions" always happen at the conscious level. A natural ability to analyze large quantities of apparantly random data and find structure in them. Sometimes I compare myself to a walking and talking super computer.

I also have the "ability" to "see" things others do not. Little details that just do not register in minds of other people. This can be facial expressions and sometimes specific characteristics in what I believe has to do with DNA.

The negative side of this is that I can also fail to "see" things that are apparant and obvious for everybody else. I can be extremely naive and ignorant about the most simple of things. To give a short example of this naivity:

I had a naked girl right in front of me ready to have sex. She even be telling me what she wants me to do with her in detail. And I was wondering whether or not she be interested in me in some small way. The fact that she was naked did not even register in my mind. Only a day later I realized: "Wow! She was naked. And I did not even notice it. Stupid!"

Only three ways to do something: "The right way. The wrong way. Or my way. Obviously my way is best."

Here's the thing. EVERYBODY that can see or has at least beginner-level social skills can read what you're reading

The problem is most people ignore it or think they're reading too deeply into it.

The first step is to tell yourself, "ok I was right, but why?" Then start only after that can you start picking up on body language, tonality, facial expressions, even breathing patterns.

Milton Erickson could be your inspiration. Also learning about body language helps you become a smoother person, this is because you're able to both mimic other's body language and calm them down, or help you guide conversation instead of reacting.

You're taking the first step, realizing that you are noticing things. The next step is to try and hone your skills. Laws of human nature by Robert green chapter 2 talks about this perfectly. Most body language books help, my favorite is "the definitive book of body language" and I really enjoy "the like switch"

The ability of higher sense is restricted to about 1/5 of the population, per studies, though to me it seems like it has to be much less.

https://hsperson.com/

The book mentioned on the site contains cites to the studies and the argument behind it. Basically most people are "senseless" but don't realize it, since they feel their own sense to be just fine, and think anymore more reactive to be "too sensitive", and anyone less reactive to be "dumb" or in modern slang, "autistic".

This has game applications, since one look gives away whether the girl is compatible/single/eligible.

Quote: (12-05-2018 05:38 PM)Anchor Man Wrote:  

I like to read people and read their body language. Also, I like to make assumptions based on my intuition. Usually, whenever I read the situation, I am usually right about it .

too many times, I read the situation and I tired out to be right. I can list many examples.

Examples # 1: A Male coworker, I made an assumption he was raised by single mom.It turns out that he is so close to his mom . While his dad is still married to his mom, but my coworker is closer to his mom.

Example # 2 : A female coworker, I made assumption that her mom is dominant figure in the his house and her dad is complete beta. I was 100 % right.

Example # 3 : I mentioned the name of a guy in front of her , and I can tell her face lit up. I asked her. She admitted " She has crush on him ".

I just pay too much attention to small details and I come up with the conclusion .

You are overestimating your ability. You went 1 for 3.

Example #1 - your assumption was wrong. His parents are married.

Example #2 - You guessed right here according to you.

Example #3 - her face lit up when a name was mentioned and you asked if she liked him? That's like asking someone if they are happy because you noticed them smiling.

Quote: (12-06-2018 04:09 PM)Agrippa Wrote:  

Quote: (12-05-2018 05:38 PM)Anchor Man Wrote:  

You are overestimating your ability. You went 1 for 3.

Example #1 - your assumption was wrong. His parents are married.

Example #2 - You guessed right here according to you.

Example #3 - her face lit up when a name was mentioned and you asked if she liked him? That's like asking someone if they are happy because you noticed them smiling.

Example # 1 Yes they are married . But his father had no influence on his upbringing and his mom had the bigger influence . His attitude was so feminine so I thought he was raised by single mom. This still proved my point which was his mom has the bigger influence.

Example # 3 It is not a real smiling. It is more like her eyes were smiling , just because I mentioned his name. I bet many ppl would have missed this.

I had an old proffesional "therapist" "diagnose" me, he concluded almost shouting making a show in front of the others, that my problem was that I had a weak personality because my father used to be abusing to me. He then strut around like a turkey that just won a beauty competition.

Actually my father was never abusive to me and the reasons I was in that therapy were completely different. But he never knew, and he never had a way to know, because people interpret body language directly. People "expert" on reading my body language often fail on their holy diagnoses.

When you pick up a book about body language, no matter what expert it is, it only has bs like "if he has crossed arms, they are blocking communication", this is very wrong, when I cross my arms Im usually very comfortable with the other person. Or "this or that shows confidence, blahblah" the same shit all the time. But people have to publish books right? We have to keep presses printing, websites making content, right? The same with diets, with fitness, with looks, with game, with cars. We have to keep this shit working right? It is very disgusting.