rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Leftist Conservative López Obrador Elected President of Mexico

It happened! Mexican leftist-conservative Andrés Manuel López Obrador just won the Presidential Mexican elections in a landslide by securing 52% of the general vote vs his opponents, Ricardo Anaya, 26%, and José Antonio Meade, 20%.
Now, before you start reading all kind of paranoid reports in the MSM American media about the US having to deal with another ‘Venezuela’ just South of the border, you must know this about the future Mexican president. He’s a mature man, 64, has four children, married twice (the last time six years after his first wife died). He has been in politics all his life and belonged to the hegemonic Institutional Revolutionary Party, PRI for several years until he quit with thousands of his fellows to create the leftist Democratic Revolutionary Party, PRD. He ran two times (2006 & 2012) in the presidential election and won both times. However, Mexican authorities with American support committed a fraud against him and was robbed. Although most of analysts and politicians called him a lame duck in 2012, he raised from the ashes and created a new party, The National Renaissance Movement, MORENA; creating a solid electoral base from scratch under a very simple principle -fighting corruption and to put an end to the criminal violence the country is suffering because of Mexico playing ball with the American Government in the so called ‘drug wars’. Against all odds, little by little, he built a solid majority and this time even the dirtiest tricks of Mexican authorities didn’t work -People is fed up. In the most paranoid moments of the campaign his opponents attacked him by tag him as the ‘Mexican Donald Trump’ or ‘The Next Hugo Chávez’.
Yes, he has a leftist economic agenda, but the most radical issues he held in other years are gone. However, his priority will be to refund the Mexican State so, it can be functional and credible and that’s why people elected him. When it comes to other social issues he can be called a conservative. He is known to be an evangelical, although he has always been very secretive about his private life. Once he was brutally criticized inside his party when he delivered a speech in which he declared that ‘corrupt politicians engage in moral degeneracy having mistresses and sons out of the wedlock’, the reaction of the Mexican Left was furious and his own party fellows lectured him not to talk about this issue since ‘The Left doesn’t care about people’s private lives’. It’s known he opposes same sex marriages, and at some point of the campaign, and knowing the majority opposes those marriages, he offered the Mexican Catholic Church to issue a referendum to settle the issue.
Anyway, I guess this is the best it can happen for the US-Mexico relationship. The Donald will not have a ‘yes-sir’ counterpart, but a true, serious nationalist who he can make good negotiations with.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

^
All in the same though.

Build The Wall. [Image: cool.gif]

Quote: (07-01-2018 09:16 PM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

^
All in the same though.

Build The Wall. [Image: cool.gif]

Yes, build it! Right away! By the way, how many yards the Wall was added today?

Mexico is doomed. How many times has latin america tried radical leftists and failed? But bitcoin is going to skyrocket as Mexicans dump their currency for something safer.

Luvianka already built the wall. A wall of text that is... Don't fear the space bar!

Sorry, I had to.

Anyways, very curious to see how this plays out with immigration. Perhaps it will give a good reason to clamp down on illegals as this guy is going to do little to stop the flow.

Quote: (07-01-2018 09:28 PM)rpg Wrote:  

Mexico is doomed. How many times has latin america tried radical leftists and failed? But bitcoin is going to skyrocket as Mexicans dump their currency for something safer.

How many times American admins have meddled in Latin American countries issues and financed, supported and operated coups against democratic governments, turning such countries in failed states?
Mexico is doomed? Not yet, but we are very close. By the way, I guess the last thing the US needs is a failed State South of the border.
I hope this new Admin really can work in the best interests of both countries.

If this guy tries crazy shit, this could mean Trump can use the Army to build the wall.

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (07-01-2018 09:37 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

If this guy tries crazy shit, this could mean Trump can use the Army to build the wall.

Easy, man. Cool it down.

So be it, Mr President. A relationship of respect came bring benefits to both countries.

[Image: QKks4q.png]

What is a leftist conservative? The guy is not a conservative, he is a leftist.

Quote: (07-01-2018 09:43 PM)Luvianka Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2018 09:37 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Easy, man. Cool it down.

I’m not through. Trump can add Mexico to the travel ban.

Take care of those titties for me.

I prefer the Duterte option, but Mexico wasn't able to field a Duterte, so if this is what the Mexican people want, then so be it.

There's a long road to traverse in order to Make Mexico Great Again, we'll see what happens, but even if I prefer the Duterte option, I can respect AMLO and wish him, and Mexico, the best.

I'd love to be able to walk around the markets in Mexican border towns like I used to, without having to always walk against traffic to get ahead of kidnapping attempts or any other trouble coming my way, without having to constantly keep a 360 view of my surroundings and keep an eye out for improvised weapons I could use for any incoming kidnapping attempts.

As a 6 year old child, I'd accompany my father to his law office, as I was his "mano derecha," his right hand man, so of course I had to go with him. On the way there, while walking over a bridge, we'd wager on how many turtles we'd see that day. If I won, I'd gleefully collect. If I lost, I'd state the obvious, "no tengo dinero!" I had no money! So the topic of conversation would quickly change to who would win in a fight, a bear or a lion, a crocodile or a shark, or Andrew the Giant or my father, for example. I knew my father would beat Andrew the Giant, but I thought Andrew might give him a good challenge before tapping out. We'd explore all the variables of each battle on our walks to work. For our business lunch, I'd order cheesecake slice after cheesecake slice, orange juice glass after orange juice glass, to my heart's content.

If it rained, even lightly, the city would flood and the open holes on the sidewalks connected to sewage lines would be hidden by the dirty water, creating a danger for smaller people, like my 6 year old self, as we could fall in the holes and drown in the sewers. So my father would carry me on his back and walk one step at a time in the knee-deep water, carefully avoiding injury to both of us.

We had crime back then, but it was organized. When my father refused to join a local organization of crooked politicians involved in drug trafficking or in aiding and abetting drug trafficking, as well as other rackets, he was exiled to a smaller city. Nowadays, he would have simply been shot, for much less.

I don't feel like my family left Mexico, I feel like Mexico left us. A sickness gripped it, a madness which made it go nihilistically to a place my family and many others like us simply weren't willing to go.

I would have loved to have grown up in Mexico if things hadn't fallen apart. I'd be married right now, with kids, working a solid job, most likely as an attorney or an architect. Instead the exiles got to grow up in America as second class citizens, as foreigners, mostly accepted, but not fully, American, but with an asterisk.

I hope AMLO can change things. It's too late for my generation, but maybe the next generation can grow up in a place that's their own without fearing for the safety of their loved ones every day.

Of Course Mexico is not Venezuelan, nor Cuba, nor Nicaragua, etc. Right?

Well after almost 20 years of US Government overlooking its own backyard now they finally have their own commie marxist in front of it.

Get ready folks. This guy will start messing around with property rules, rule of law, constitutional changes and other commie receipts. But of course it won't be their own fault if they fail. They always can take away their own responsibility by blaming on the higher class, the church, or their own favorite, US Imperialism.

If America though Mexicans were overrepresented as of lately they will have a reality check in about 4-5 years. I guess the wall will be finally build.

This time I have to say. God Bless Mexicans. They are looking at the same abyss Venezuelans looked in 1998. You guys had it so good but you did not know it.

Cheers

When the Peso crashes hard it is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. The elites in Mexico are already postioned to eject if needed. The middle class will be wrecked. The poor will always be poor. The cartels will probably remove him if he starts messing with their shit. The cartels are so powerful in Mexico we have no frame of reference in the US to compare it to.

Quote: (07-01-2018 11:14 PM)rpg Wrote:  

When the Peso crashes hard it is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. The elites in Mexico are already postioned to eject if needed. The middle class will be wrecked. The poor will always be poor. The cartels will probably remove him if he starts messing with their shit. The cartels are so powerful in Mexico we have no frame of reference in the US to compare it to.

This. What happens to a shithole when it becomes complete and utter shit?

A humanitarian crisis at our border will make us look even worse than we already do, wall or no wall, if everyone is trying to escape a beheading or non stop rapes.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Typical latin america failing to learn from centuries of the same mistakes. Cry for free shit and daddy government and then cry for "el mano duro" and usher in a Pinochet to fix everything and round and round they go.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Quote: (07-01-2018 11:25 PM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

Typical latin america failing to learn from centuries of the same mistakes. Cry for free shit and daddy government and then cry for "el mano duro" and usher in a Pinochet to fix everything and round and round they go.

When I was in college, other historian friends of mine tried to get me to study Latin American history coursework. I told them it was boring. You can believe they were pissed off at me after that.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Im surprised many Americanos are hating on this guy. Many Mexicans think Presidente trump is a loud mouthed idiot but no one's crying foul over it. They say "Well, Americans did what they think is in their best interest, no hay problema". How about wishing mexico good luck then go back to destroying other countries around the world ?

I'm cautiously optimistic about Obrador. I have been following events in Mexico and it seemed that he struck a chord with many Mexicans, especially the poor and marginalised, fed up of the institutional corruption and violence. Being Irish, I have always had a soft spot for Mexico given the historical links between Ireland and Mexico (San Patricios) and having met Mexican people and dated a Mexican girl. Mexicans are some of the soundest people I have met.

Mexico has some very pressing issues to solve and Obrador must waste no time. Obviously there is the friction between Mexico and its more powerful northern neighbour, Trump's US. Many on here are saying "build the wall", but will that stop the mass migration northwards? I'm afraid it won't as desperate people will resort to desperate measures in order to better their lives to escape their "shitholes". Why are they shitholes? Well in order to get to the crux of the issue, we must look at underlying causes. Just pick up a history book to find out why. The US has for decades, directly interfered both overt and covert not to mention plunder many Latin American countries in order to keep them weak and onside. Any ruler who bucked the neo-liberal, neo-imperial trend - Allende, Arbenz, Ortega, Castro, Chavez, Sandino etc. either got taken out by a coup, assassinated or got sanctions slapped on them.

Another factor that led to the mass influx was NAFTA. NAFTA, the brainchild of war criminal Bill Clinton utterly destroyed many Central American economies, Mexico included. Cheap US products flooded the markets forcing many Mexicans and others from the central American states to abandon their livelihoods, especially many peasant farmers and head north in search of work. These factors have been driving the mass migration north. The same can be said with North Africa and Europe, except the wars of aggression against Libya, Syria and Iraq which have destabalised the Middle East.

If we are to halt this mass movement of people, we need to tackle the underlying problems and that means a complete sea change of policy and group-think north of the Rio Grande. Spending billions on a wall won't hold back those who are desperate to make a better life. Scrapping NAFTA will be a route in the right direction. Obrador's election is a good start to making that happen and making Mexico great again in order to stem the human tide. I wish him the best of luck. He's gonna need it, a lot of it.

Quote: (07-02-2018 01:50 AM)El Padrone Wrote:  

Im surprised many Americanos are hating on this guy. Many Mexicans think Presidente trump is a loud mouthed idiot but no one's crying foul over it. They say "Well, Americans did what they think is in their best interest, no hay problema". How about wishing mexico good luck then go back to destroying other countries around the world ?

Trump derangement syndrom is as real in latin america as it is here. The plus side being if you tell a little señorita you voted for trump she won't fall down convulsing into the fetal position.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Quote: (07-01-2018 09:11 PM)Luvianka Wrote:  

It happened! Mexican leftist-conservative Andrés Manuel López Obrador just won the Presidential Mexican elections in a landslide by securing 52% of the general vote vs his opponents, Ricardo Anaya, 26%, and José Antonio Meade, 20%.
Now, before you start reading all kind of paranoid reports in the MSM American media about the US having to deal with another ‘Venezuela’ just South of the border, you must know this about the future Mexican president. He’s a mature man, 64, has four children, married twice (the last time six years after his first wife died). He has been in politics all his life and belonged to the hegemonic Institutional Revolutionary Party, PRI for several years until he quit with thousands of his fellows to create the leftist Democratic Revolutionary Party, PRD. He ran two times (2006 & 2012) in the presidential election and won both times. However, Mexican authorities with American support committed a fraud against him and was robbed. Although most of analysts and politicians called him a lame duck in 2012, he raised from the ashes and created a new party, The National Renaissance Movement, MORENA; creating a solid electoral base from scratch under a very simple principle -fighting corruption and to put an end to the criminal violence the country is suffering because of Mexico playing ball with the American Government in the so called ‘drug wars’. Against all odds, little by little, he built a solid majority and this time even the dirtiest tricks of Mexican authorities didn’t work -People is fed up. In the most paranoid moments of the campaign his opponents attacked him by tag him as the ‘Mexican Donald Trump’ or ‘The Next Hugo Chávez’.
Yes, he has a leftist economic agenda, but the most radical issues he held in other years are gone. However, his priority will be to refund the Mexican State so, it can be functional and credible and that’s why people elected him. When it comes to other social issues he can be called a conservative. He is known to be an evangelical, although he has always been very secretive about his private life. Once he was brutally criticized inside his party when he delivered a speech in which he declared that ‘corrupt politicians engage in moral degeneracy having mistresses and sons out of the wedlock’, the reaction of the Mexican Left was furious and his own party fellows lectured him not to talk about this issue since ‘The Left doesn’t care about people’s private lives’. It’s known he opposes same sex marriages, and at some point of the campaign, and knowing the majority opposes those marriages, he offered the Mexican Catholic Church to issue a referendum to settle the issue.
Anyway, I guess this is the best it can happen for the US-Mexico relationship. The Donald will not have a ‘yes-sir’ counterpart, but a true, serious nationalist who he can make good negotiations with.

I don’t have any issue with this. I respect the man and welcome Mexican Nationalism. Although he has basically called for an invasion of the US (we all already knew this was the end goal) which is something I oppose, I can’t fault him for having the goal of wanting to reconquer former Mexican territory. It’s his job to behave like a ruler and acquire territory and it’s up to our leaders and us to defend it.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Quote: (07-01-2018 10:08 PM)Off The Reservation Wrote:  

What is a leftist conservative? The guy is not a conservative, he is a leftist.

You can be a leftist or a conservative. Not both.

Man...fuck this nigga, and his supporters as well. They can go choke on a bag full of dicks.

[Image: FullSizeRender_2_f35350ee-af4f-40ba-989e...1521743670]

He's been in politics his entire life so he's never had a real job where you're hold accountable nor had to earn a buck. He's the Mexican Bernie Sanders, but worse because AMLO's group has no regard for the law. Every time AMLOs whiny little bitch ass lost before in 2012 and 2006, he would go full Little Bitch mode and have protests in Mexico City's zocalo, disrupt national highways, and go into full riot mode....paralyzing parts of the city and affecting small businesses. Dude think's everything is a CIA plot and has early signs of Alzheimer.

Not only that, but his plan of giving land to the people involved getting a bunch of peasants and having them tresspass private property and squat there. Their argument would be "el dueño tiene mucho terreno, es una injusticia, la tierra es del pueblo y no de los ricos" (the landowner has too much land, it's an injustice because the land is the the people and not the rich)... If the army or federales would come to kick them out they already had their media organizations ready along with their shitty ZTE and Alcatael phones ready. Knowing the power of Fake News and Aristegui Noticias, they would tell the cops to hit them because they know it would get them sympathy. Ironically they declared some of my uncles and grandma as rich landowners only because the land was fallow for a while and live in the US.

Not to mention this guy pretends to be a messiah of the poor and used to be driven in a Nissan Tsuru, the Mexican version of "the people's car". Only to find out he actually lives a life of luxury and looks the other way when his party is doing the dirty dealing.

Poof.... 20mm USD gone from scholarship programs in Mexico City, it was destined for 45K students but only 2700 have received awards:
https://elpais.com/internacional/2013/11...68221.html

No se apendeje, no vote por el peje (Don't become a dumbass, don't vote for AMLO).

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (07-01-2018 10:07 PM)Luvianka Wrote:  

So be it, Mr President. A relationship of respect came bring benefits to both countries.

[Image: QKks4q.png]

The ball is in the commie's court. Let's see how he plays it.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (07-01-2018 11:14 PM)rpg Wrote:  

When the Peso crashes hard it is going to be a disaster of epic proportions.

The United States bailed out Mexico in 1982 and again in 1995. The money loaned to Mexico in 1995 was almost enough to buy up every single Mexican Peso in circulation at the time.

The next time around, given the massive debt situation in the USA and our current, more nationalist orientated administration, there might not be a bailout.