rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Swedish DJ Avicii Dead At 28

Sad news for any electronic music fans. One of the brightest stars has died. Even though a lot of people hated Levels I think it was a great pop song.

RIP

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/...m-bergling

Quote:Quote:

Swedish DJ Avicii, real name Tim Bergling, died at age 28 on Friday, April 20, his publicist confirmed.

"It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii," his publicist Diana Baron said in a statement. "He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given."

Avicii
READ MORE
Avicii's 10 Best Songs: Critics' Picks
Bergling started out releasing music on Laidback Luke Forum in the late '00s, where DJs and producers would post music and seek feedback from budding peers. In 2011, he broke through to an international audience with the progressive house track "Levels," which hit No. 1 in his native Sweden and on the U.S. Billboard Dance Club Songs chart -- and earned him a Grammy nod. His 2012 David Guetta collab "Sunshine" earned him a Grammy nomination as well, and that same year, he became the first electronic artist to headline New York City's storied Radio City Music Hall.

In 2013, Avicii released his debut studio album, True, which featured the game-changing, massive international hit "Wake Me Up!" ft. Aloe Blacc. Combining EDM, folk and country music, the song became a No. 1 hit in many countries and peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100. His second album, Stories, dropped in 2015 and featured vocals from Chris Martin, Wyclef Jean, Robbie Williams, Matisyahu, Brandon Flowers, Gavin DeGraw and more. The EP Avīci (01) came out in Aug. 2017 and featured his Rita Ora collaboration "Lonely Together."

Avicii's health issues were known to the public for several years prior to his death. He suffered from acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. In 2014, he canceled numerous shows in order to recover after having his gallbladder and appendix removed.

Eventually, he decided to retire from touring entirely.

“To me it was something I had to do for my health,” Bergling told The Hollywood Reporter in 2016. “The scene was not for me. It was not the shows and not the music. It was always the other stuff surrounding it that never came naturally to me. All the other parts of being an artist. I'm more of an introverted person in general. It was always very hard for me. I took on board too much negative energy, I think.”

RIP.... he was terribly young and talented.

Death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Drugs?

Quote: (04-20-2018 01:22 PM)Eugenics Wrote:  

Drugs?

Booze.

It's in the article, sounds like his heavy drinking in his past caught up to him possibly.

Either way dying at 28 fucking sucks, RIP.

Quote: (04-20-2018 01:36 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Drugs?

Booze.

It's in the article, sounds like his heavy drinking in his past caught up to him possibly.

Either way dying at 28 fucking sucks, RIP.

Whoa. Terrible, sad news. How much booze does one need to imbibe in to die at 28?

Asking for a friend.

I may be mistaken, but I remember reading he got seriously addicted to mdma a few years ago, dropping almost on nightly basis for every show.

He started to get super skinny and get a compressed face, and eventually had to retire from touring because he was just too fucked and his health was massively deteriorating. That's just in addition to the drinking issues.

[Image: ymKP3ls.png]

Real sad how his life panned out. He came up with some true classics in the early part of this decade.

Jesus if thats true, booze and mdma don't mix long term.

Probably both caused serious health complications - time and time again you see artists get addicted because of the lifestyle.

I know specifically a friend of mine a major DJ in the scene who got sober before he got big (thank god).

He just vapes alot but his outlook on life is awesome and he's doing well.

It's always sad seeing an awesome artist lose or take his own life.

Or maybe it was "just" cancer.

Quote: (04-20-2018 02:36 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Jesus if thats true, booze and mdma don't mix long term.

Probably both caused serious health complications - time and time again you see artists get addicted because of the lifestyle.

I know specifically a friend of mine a major DJ in the scene who got sober before he got big (thank god).

He just vapes alot but his outlook on life is awesome and he's doing well.

It's always sad seeing an awesome artist lose or take his own life.

Booze and most drugs aren't good. But it's not the E (mdma).

Also this is speculation and I don't want to slander the dead, but I bet it wasn't just E. It would have been Amphetamine (speed), benzos (valium etc.) and an assortment of other pick me ups and take me downs. These are just the worst of them. Benzos fuck your liver, Speed fucks your kidneys and other shit. E is relatively harmless. But stuff like Ketamine fucks your bladder. I have no idea what his poison was. It might have just been vodka and tonic.

But the alcohol! People who aren't addicted to alcohol don't realise that when it gets a grip of you it is almost impossible to shake loose. And yes, even youngsters can succumb to booze's not so subtle charms. Some people actually drink to stay awake because their whole body system is so out of whack. Sure it can knock anyone out who drinks too much, but the next day, catching a plane to a new city, hungover. What do you do? A benzo will knock you out in that state though it will relieve the hangover. Nothing better than a hair of the bitch that bit you.

That last phrase was given to me by an actual DJ who was an absolute speed freak. It was a total drug scene that I was involved in - the punters, the DJ's the promoters. I saw handsome and intelligent young men from good families one night out at the bar, and the next night all their drug buddies were out, but that guy had died. Tragic eh? Still, it's what he would have wanted. People who sold him the Heroin as well out drinking with the clique.

But a lot of these people, if they didn't touch the smack or the booze are pretty much just typical overweight pub managers now or wtf. I've seen people do massive amounts of drugs for years on end, practically every day and come out the other side unscathed and get good jobs.

But not the ones who hit the H or the Booze. Crack wasn't really around then at that time and that's another one you never have a meaningful life with after you quit.

It's a cliche coz it's true, alcohol is freely available and socially acceptable but it is the most insidious thing/drug on the planet. Without doubt the most disruptive (ok H is a close second).

This young man with everything to live for will have been given uppers/downers/roundabouters and party favours till the cows come home. Another town another groupie or PR guy ingratiating himself with you. That can be hard to resist especially when it has crept up on you and gotten a hold of you.

I wasn't a fan of his music, but a lot of people were.

It sounds to me that he just a shy guy that used alcohol to disassociate (it is the best drug in the world for that) where as E and Weed and even Speed can make you a bit paranoid if you already have that personality type. Then it caught up with him. Then it was too late.

There is a lesson in this for anyone not so stupid to see it.

It's ironic, as I just finished doing a data sheet on 'how to become a music producer/DJ and travel the world' kind of thing. I even sketched out a point, in fact it was the last point of 10: general advice to keep you grounded and focused.

You are right to thank God Kaotic, your friend quitting the booze before getting success is the best favour he ever did for his liver and kidneys and pancreas and general health. I know for a fact I would be dead now if I'd have had any serious measure of success. I think I'll probably expound a bit more on 'keeping it real'.

R.I.P. Avicii.

Far too young. But if it is any consolation at all, he lived his life like very few will ever get to do, and he also gets to leave a pretty awesome legacy.

It's sad.

Only two weeks ago or so there was a longer documentary with Avicii on Swedish TV.

I sat and watched with my dad and we both were surprised that he seemed to be in a horrible shape for a 28-year-old. He had aged a lot in just a few years. We concluded that he must have been taking something more than just booze too just by the strange way he talked and started to look like a homeless man.
But no wonder why he had aged so much when he had done around 800 fucking shows in only just a few years so he had been on the road for long.

But he also appeared as a great guy and very down to earth and just a regular guy. In the documentary, you see him in arguments with his manager who wanted to push him to do more gigs while he complains that he's just too stressed out to do it and couldn't handle it. Then his manager talked about how Tim (Avicii) didn't understand how his decision to cancel some shows in Vegas would now affect a lot of other people because they were now going to miss out on a lot of money.

His manager seemed to have been an important part of his career and making him a big name but it seems like he was surrounded by some few people that wanted to take advantage of him. He was the one that had to do all the hard work while some people around him got rich anyway.

At the end of the documentary, he seems to be much more at peace and talks about how much less stress he feels now with retiring.
All the hard work to get super rich and being able to just chill out for the rest of his life and now he passed away...

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Yep partying that hard catches up with you. Gotta get rid of those druggies around you and stay focused on what is important.

I had my stint of this in NYC as a club promoter and even for a little while here in Germany.

I can only imagine the amount of drugs offered to him for free on a nightly basis. When you are as big as he was you never even have to buy the stuff. Everyone wants to drink and do drugs with you constantly to have a story to tell their friends the next day.

If I have any wings or buddies now who do coke or are alcoholics I distance myself from them immediately. I can't be around that shit.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

Quote: (04-20-2018 04:30 PM)Salvadore Wrote:  

It's sad.

Only two weeks ago or so there was a longer documentary with Avicii on Swedish TV.

I sat and watched with my dad and we both were surprised that he seemed to be in a horrible shape for a 28-year-old. He had aged a lot in just a few years. We concluded that he must have been taking something more than just booze too just by the strange way he talked and started to look like a homeless man.
But no wonder why he had aged so much when he had done around 800 fucking shows in only just a few years so he had been on the road for long.

But he also appeared as a great guy and very down to earth and just a regular guy. In the documentary, you see him in arguments with his manager who wanted to push him to do more gigs while he complains that he's just too stressed out to do it and couldn't handle it. Then his manager talked about how Tim (Avicii) didn't understand how his decision to cancel some shows in Vegas would now affect a lot of other people because they were now going to miss out on a lot of money.

His manager seemed to have been an important part of his career and making him a big name but it seems like he was surrounded by some few people that wanted to take advantage of him. He was the one that had to do all the hard work while some people around him got rich anyway.

At the end of the documentary, he seems to be much more at peace and talks about how much less stress he feels now with retiring.
All the hard work to get super rich and being able to just chill out for the rest of his life and now he passed away...

Sometimes it's others taking advantage, but to be honest, I think this is one that Avicii himself has got to own. I'm sure his manager wanted him to live!

Managers will feed you Dexedrine pills - pure pharmaceutical grade Amphetamine as a short term option for keeping awake. If you have a fairly healthy young body you can get away with it.

But some people are just genetically predisposed to becoming alcoholics. See Jordan B Peterson for some excellent info on this.

Also, those with the wrong genes/enzymes (wtf) can also have frail bodies. It's a double blow. Seems like he had the perfect triple storm:

Shy - used alcohol to get out of his shell.
Predisposed to alcohol having a profound effect on him.
Body not sufficiently strong enough to withstand the battering it got.

Pure conjecture on my part. I'm only reading between the lines and extrapolating out with all the people that I knew who did this.

I know people who have drunk like fishes and smoked like chimneys their whole life and they are in their 70's now, still now slowing down. Not a scratch. Don't even need to wear glasses!

And then there are the others in between.

This is a major life lesson for those on the beginning of the path to destruction, to quickly hop off and find another hobby.

This is someone that got caught in the net.

I sympathize.

I've known some real drug-pigs in my time. Would lie steal and cheat to get high, stay high and have enough to keep getting high tomorrow if they could. That whole Acid House/Rave scene was founded on drugs and many did not grow out of it for many years. Avicii was part of that legacy. Ironically. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't the drugs that killed him.

Since we are musing on death. AB who has been there before, told me that there are many stages of grief to go through. Today, I noticed myself getting angry at those happily smoking cigarettes outside the pub in the sun. And I got angry at those buying cigarettes in the corner store. How dare they fuck their perfectly good bodies up!

My brother didn't smoke or drink. He worked out fucking hard. Natty too. His body was strong until it started to self-destruct.

It's possible that Avicii's body might have also started to self-destruct. Alcohol will accelerate that. Again, pure conjecture and not gossip on my part.

Sometimes it only takes a trigger from an external source. Sometimes not even that. No one really knows. For sure.

One can only hope that the end was peaceful.

He made his mark.

Pretty saddened by his death. Rather shocked too. He looked horribly aged in such a short time and really run down but I didn't imagine it was this bad.

Let's see what news emerges surrounding his death.

Drugs?

Judging by how gaunt he is, maybe he had an *ahem* autoimmune disease?

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

shitttt. This is very sad news.

Never knew Tim Berg and Avicii were the same person initially when I first heard about 'Seek Bromance' from somewhere.
Pulled out the SoundHound app to find out what track it was.
Great songs to motivate me to get out of some less populated shithole I last lived in Australia to a larger city to finally refine my game but not entirely to blame.
For EDM.

I was very sad to hear about this, he had some good stuff to listen to.

Quote: (04-20-2018 07:52 PM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  

Drugs?

Judging by how gaunt he is, maybe he had an *ahem* autoimmune disease?

It wouldn't surprise me if he got it. Besides all the drugs and booze, he's constantly getting strange pussy thrown at him. I highly doubt he would remember to wrap it while being high/drunk nearly everyday touring.

It really is a shame. So much talent and surrounded by so many people, yet he went down the path he did and no one tried to help him.

I've seen so many social media posts about him. I find it strange.. Half these people posting about him, don't even know him but only of him. Then there are other top DJ's posting photos of him and how sad it is. But i truely feel, that it's a mistake made by those people close to him to allow him to head down this path.

The lifestyle of being famous isn't healthy and it's a dam shame.

RIP to a talented musician who created feelings through his music

Heard about it right when it broke.

The drugs here in Vegas are fucking amazing. Best coke I've ever had, it caught up with me and I had to cut myself off cold turkey a few months ago. Too many of those nights thinking, "Why the fuck am I doing this to myself."

I can almost guarantee you he was mixing god knows what and his heart exploded. The drug scene here is crazy, and who knows what he got ahold of in Oman, it's just a goddamn shame that nobody close to him could stage a successful intervention.

I understand it must be insanely painful for the families to deal with this, but I actually wish they would be more detailed about the cause of death, as a cautionary tale for others about what not to do.

Yeah he lived an amazing life but the way I see it, none of that matters now. Doesn't matter how cool you are, how many models you've banged, how many adoring fans you've got, how many supercars you drive. Life is the greatest gift each of us receives, and while I'm the last person that should be preaching about abstaining from excess, it's just a terrible, inexcusable waste to check out that early. Just because you got carried away.

Drugs and orgies are thrilling, bringing extreme levels of pleasure and risk of addiction. But there's always the come down. They are a calculated (or reckless) risk one makes in life and they shouldn't be taken lightly. They are a poor substitute for inner peace, calm, and happiness, which I suspect he was lacking in his lifestyle.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Drugs?

Something of that nature, if not a fatal illness. The family's request for privacy is a big clue.
RIP, it's the cycle of life but 28 is too young.

Quote: (04-20-2018 01:19 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

RIP.... he was terribly young and talented.

Death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back

I've heard this song a lot, and I've always liked it. The folk sound is something I associate with the Americana music genre, but it also has an upbeat pop music sound to it.

I don't understand the whole DJ thing. I thought they just played other people's music at parties and clubs. I know they also use turntables to match beats going from one song to the next. I think they also mix multiple music sources to make spontaneous EDM creations.

However, Wake Me Up sounds like a standard pop song with a singer, musicians, and a songwriter. What's the DJ's role in this, as a DJ per se?

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Sounds like more than just drinking. Maybe a routine trip to the ER for alcohol poisoning uncovered something else.

Drinking alone isn't going to affect the gallbladder too much in your mid 20s. Sounds like they were removing non-essential organs because pancreatic cancer had spread. Still, that's young. Just speculating.

Quote:Quote:

The DJ’s appendix and gallbladder were removed in 2014.

his beats were great, RIP bro [Image: sad.gif]

yg3dLEDWqs