rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The 2018 Winter Olympics Thread

I'm watching the women's figure skating short program. WB every one of them!

In past years, I think the girls were trying risky jumps, such that they flubbed up one or two jumps or spins in every routine. This year, the emphasis seems to be on making flawless routines. I like it better. The routines are absolutely lovely and graceful.

I love most events in the Winter Olympics generally. I'm looking forward to ski jumping, slolam, and speed events. I also love bobsled and luge.

Post all of your favorite performances here, and talk about all the other related Olympics issues, such as the Russian team suspension, or the combined Korean hockey team.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Don't have much interest in the Olympics this time, the time zone difference kills it and not having NHL players in the Olympics. It makes the hockey basically worthless and I'd prefer it if they didn't even have Mens hockey without NHL players.

There hasn't been much hype about them at all, compared to Sochi and obviously Vancouver.

I've always had a soft spot for Tessa Virtue (Ice dancer), she's getting kind of old now though. I'm surprised she isn't married to her teammate or partner, whatever you want to call it. They have been skating together for 20 years, he must be a fag.

[Image: Black___White.jpg?10437168054177568551]

I was watching the couples skating last night. There was a married couple from the US that was very good. Then there was a couple where he was flamboyantly gay and she was actually more masculine than him facially. Finally, there was a couple that were brother and sister, who had been skating together since early childhood.

It was very interesting to see the different dynamics. With the married couple, there was a clear romantic component to their performance. Obviously this was not the case with the brother and sister, but they clearly trusted each other and could read each other very well to sync their movements together. It's strange that neither of these dynamics were present with the gay guy, but that couple was very talented and skilled as well.

All were good, but you could clearly see differences in their performances and body language due to the differences in their relationships.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/OrwellNGoode/status/962728428310056964][/url]

Double standards much?

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Would bang Little Rocket Man sister for the sake of it.

[Image: attachment.jpg38510]   

(hey Kim, if you are reading this and want to wipe out my home, here goes my adress:
2722 الملك سعود, Al Murabba, Riyadh 12631, Saudi Arabia)

[Image: 1cxsv0.jpg]

Quote: (04-21-2014 04:47 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  
On the cool, she probably had at least one too many tortiillas, but the tetas was mas gorda, comprenede?

Stoked for the mens hockey tournament. Couldn't care less about seeing NHLers for the umpteenth time. OAR clear favorites but anything can happen in a short tourney. Could see another Miracle on Ice. Excited to see Canada battle for a medal instead of gold or bust.

Medvedeva looks unbeatable after her SP. Teammate Zagitova could steal the spotlight as a 15 year old.

Looking forward to watching big air comp, speed skating mass start, Estonian flag bearer.

The fact that Russia is "OAR"....if they are allowed to participate just call them what they are.

Quote: (02-11-2018 08:25 PM)MX90 Wrote:  

Stoked for the mens hockey tournament. Couldn't care less about seeing NHLers for the umpteenth time. OAR clear favorites but anything can happen in a short tourney. Could see another Miracle on Ice. Excited to see Canada battle for a medal instead of gold or bust.

Medvedeva looks unbeatable after her SP. Teammate Zagitova could steal the spotlight as a 15 year old.

Looking forward to watching big air comp, speed skating mass start, Estonian flag bearer.

Why would you be stoked for Mens hockey when it comes with second rate talent at best? I hope when Russia wins gold they realize they beat teams with shitty euro league players. I'm surprised that Doan and Iginla didn't try and stay in shape and make Team Canada.

These figure skating girls are sexy though, thin and feminine.

Jamie Anderson, the chick snow boarder, is pretty impressive. Adam Rippon comes off as a whiny little bitch. You're gay and you don't like Mike Pence. We got that. It doesn't mean you have to prance around on NBC with a high-pitched voice like a drama queen and remind everyone how your mom raised you to stand up for what you believe in. Especially if what you believe in is using your lower intestinal tract as a sex organ, something it was not designed for. 2-to-1 this guy is a hairdresser in 3 years.

[Image: BN-XK701_3oGfB_G_20180211041915.jpg?widt...height=840]

Need I say more?

First the NFL, now this precious little thing. Are SJW's really going to do to sports what they've done to every other area of life? Bore everyone rigid by highlighting their victimhood status?

It really sucks not having NHL players. Canada/US us mens hockey teams have been handicapped these olympics.

Quote: (02-11-2018 09:52 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

Quote: (02-11-2018 08:25 PM)MX90 Wrote:  

Why would you be stoked for Mens hockey when it comes with second rate talent at best? I hope when Russia wins gold they realize they beat teams with shitty euro league players. I'm surprised that Doan and Iginla didn't try and stay in shape and make Team Canada.

These figure skating girls are sexy though, thin and feminine.

Same reason why I get stoked for my nephews little league games; I'm vested. Iggy and Doan lack the speed for Olympic size ice.

Second that. Medvedeva looks like an 18 year old Rachel Weisz. Winner in my books.

Quote: (02-12-2018 12:44 AM)8ball Wrote:  

It really sucks not having NHL players. Canada/US us mens hockey teams have been handicapped these olympics.

Canada and USA the most but even Finland and Sweden have everyone or nearly everyone that would have been on their Olympic team playing in NHL.

This greatly benefits Russia's chance of winning it. Even though Datsyuk and Kovalchuk are at the end of their hockey careers they are by far the best players.

Quote: (02-11-2018 11:25 PM)The Father Wrote:  

[Image: BN-XK701_3oGfB_G_20180211041915.jpg?widt...height=840]

Need I say more?

First the NFL, now this precious little thing. Are SJW's really going to do to sports what they've done to every other area of life? Bore everyone rigid by highlighting their victimhood status?

I am watching LESS ice skating than I used to. WHY? Now that being gay and "out" among skaters is cool, the lispthing thing among male commentators is outta control. (It was OK before, when they were possibly closeted and I didn't have to think about their gay-ti-tude incessantly.)

WOW. Teenage girls aren't as ridiculous. It's too annoying. IT's gonna be like NFL-football - something I once enjoyed but no longer.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Rippon and Wier are annoying faggot drama queens. The female figure skaters are the sweeter and more feminine types as athletes go. It is just redicluous that the fags try to be even bigger girls and steal spotlights by shoving their bug chasing lifestyle in front of anyone. Oh, Rippon just went on record saying the condoms are boring at the games. Ain't nobody want to hear about your nasty tool being shoved up other men's buttocks. I'm cheering for him to land ass first on the ice. His pride and drama is embarrassing team USA.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (02-12-2018 01:52 AM)Winston Wolfe Wrote:  

I had this pop up on one of my news feeds so I looked into it. News organizations in this country are absolutely in their own bubble. Probably did a google search on "Netherlands + speed skating" and saw them skating on the canals.

Quote: (04-21-2014 04:47 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  
On the cool, she probably had at least one too many tortiillas, but the tetas was mas gorda, comprenede?

Quote: (02-12-2018 02:42 AM)louiebeans Wrote:  

Quote: (02-12-2018 01:52 AM)Winston Wolfe Wrote:  

I had this pop up on one of my news feeds so I looked into it. News organizations in this country are absolutely in their own bubble. Probably did a google search on "Netherlands + speed skating" and saw them skating on the canals.

That's hillarious!

Quote:Quote:

Almost all the Netherlands medals have been in speed skating. Why is speed skating so prominent in the Netherlands, you ask? Because it's an important means of transportation. Amsterdam sits at sea level, as you know....

[Image: nuts.gif]

She must have skating mixed up with bicycling! It barely ever snows in the Netherlands, and certainly doesn't freeze long enough to make ice that's safe to skate on.

That's chick is making shit up on the fly as bad as the ones reporting on politics, economics, and social issues!

-Randy Savage

I've never been less interested in the Winter Olympics than this time.

On the hype scale from 1 to 10, I'd rate it a -5.
Maybe it's the time difference that makes it difficult to watch the events, I don't know.

By the way, the women's snowboard slopestyle was a farce and should never have been allowed to happen under those conditions.

Anastasia Bryzgalova

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...urler.html

'She looks like a freaking model': Winter Olympics fans go wild for Russian curler, 25, thanks to her piercing eyes and VERY passionate displays on the ice

[Image: 13240-640.jpg]
[Image: 4921ED9C00000578-0-Viewers_have_been_bow...580178.jpg]
[Image: 4922128B00000578-5381203-image-a-89_1518438987724.jpg]

Quote: (02-12-2018 08:25 AM)ivansirko Wrote:  

Anastasia Bryzgalova

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...urler.html

'She looks like a freaking model': Winter Olympics fans go wild for Russian curler, 25, thanks to her piercing eyes and VERY passionate displays on the ice

[Image: 13240-640.jpg]
[Image: 4921ED9C00000578-0-Viewers_have_been_bow...580178.jpg]
[Image: 4922128B00000578-5381203-image-a-89_1518438987724.jpg]

WB and 10/10 housekeeping skills

I enjoy winter olympics a lot. Possibly more than summer olympics, which have become too much of a spectacle with these manufactured mega stars.

I watched speed skating, which is really entertaining and long distance skating which is also very impressive. I am thinking I might take up long distance skating as a sport.

Luge was fairly boring.

Watched some of the women's skiing, the dicipline where they jump in addition to going downhill.

I don't think snowboarding really belongs in olympics.

Biathlon is my favourite, but I'm not sure how much longer there will be Olympic sports with firearms...

I fuckin' loathe the bullshit advertising that comes with the Olympics though. Nauseating.

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton

Is that Dutch short-track skater who gets DQ'd all the time for flipping off the judges in this Olympics? He was one of the reasons why short-track was such an entertaining spectacle.