rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Boomer Deathwatch thread

http://www.rickmcginnis.com/boomer/

Anyone else excited that we're entering into a decade (the 20s) when the boomers are going to die off in droves?

I honestly can't wait. Though I know it most likely will get really ugly. I don't think people are prepared for the perfect storm that will happen when boomers die and their unsellable and indebted properties crash the markets. And just to time it perfectly, Gen Z, the most conservative generation in a century will come off age.

Ah yes, the fireworks as the authoritarian government attempts to stay in power while very right wing youth are left destitute and homeless while banks foreclose their parents/grandparents houses. And bribe money to migrants and minorities fail.

If we survive this likely small scale apocalypse, there might once again be hope.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-19-2018 10:26 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Anyone else excited that we're entering into a decade (the 20s) when the boomers are going to die off in droves?

No, I'm not. It used to be considered in poor taste to celebrate someone's death or wish death upon other people. Unfortunately, that social standard no longer exists.

Be a better man than the liberal loonies who celebrated Thatcher's death or wish Trump dead every day of the week.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

I'm genuinely terrorized at the thought of millenials getting a hold of the reins of power.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

You don't post on:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/

by any chance, do you?

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 01:12 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

I'm genuinely terrorized at the thought of millenials getting a hold of the reins of power.

It's going to be Gen X taking over.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 03:39 AM)Nordwand Wrote:  

You don't post on:

by any chance, do you?

No why?

Boomer Deathwatch thread

My parents are boomers...

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

What age brackets are boomers and what are they associated with?

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 10:01 AM)RedPillUK Wrote:  

My parents are boomers...

You know what you have to do.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

A generation thread is worth having. Not sure that this was the best way to frame it, though. And spare a thought for Gen X. Boomers are passing the half-drained wineskin to Millennials while the Xers just try to get a few falling drops.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Boomers were clearly the low point. This is a generation that bitched to get the drinking age lowered to 18 when they were 18. Then they bitched to get raised to 21 when their kids were 18.

They also formed the most loyal cult of Obama supporters.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 07:39 AM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2018 03:39 AM)Nordwand Wrote:  

You don't post on:

by any chance, do you?

No why?

That particular generation is the main target of their ire, on account of their attitude towards the property market in the UK, and their opinion of the younger people who are now priced out.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 10:18 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

What age brackets are boomers and what are they associated with?

Boomers are born 1946 to 1964 broad range, but mostly those born in the late 40s to late 50s.

They are the most selfish generation in history.

They inherited a safe, stable and prosperous world and destroyed it all: family, country, economy.

And now as they look back on having destroyed the West, they don't give a shit about their children.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-19-2018 10:26 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

I honestly can't wait. Though I know it most likely will get really ugly. I don't think people are prepared for the perfect storm that will happen when boomers die and their unsellable and indebted properties crash the markets. And just to time it perfectly, Gen Z, the most conservative generation in a century will come off age.

Ah yes, the fireworks as the authoritarian government attempts to stay in power while very right wing youth are left destitute and homeless while banks foreclose their parents/grandparents houses. And bribe money to migrants and minorities fail.

If we survive this likely small scale apocalypse, there might once again be hope.

I don't have a lot of time for Boomers but this whole premise is just ridiculous. I don't know a single Boomer who doesn't own their property outright and in most cases, several properties.

They paid generally somewhere in the 15-50k for their first house and then went through a period of exponential wage growth that left most of them earning more than their house cost within a few years and then have experienced even more exponential property price growth.

My father, who is an alcoholic and terrible with money, paid 25k for his first house, which was about 1.5x his income when he bought it and within 5 years (he has no technical qualifications either) he was earning close to 2x the cost of that house. Needless to say he'd paid it off in 5 years. That house is now worth somewhere in the order of $1.5m. He's, as I said, terrible with money and an alcoholic so he was happy to then piss his money against the wall having paid off his house. Most of my friends parents own in the 5-20 houses range because they weren't alcoholics or bad with money and they needed something to buy with their ever expanding incomes and houses were cheap with great yields back then.

The generations that are fucked are the current ones who need to borrow 5-10x their wage to buy a house in a shitty area with little chance of good capital growth at record low interest rates. If interest rates ever go up again they're cooked. Given that wage growth is stagnant to negative the equation isn't going to change for them anytime soon either.

The only positive will be that the above generation will inherit the boomer houses in most cases.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

For most boomers, having red wine with fish is living on the edge.

Do you really think these people will outlive them?

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Boomers hold a lions share of the "Main Street" wealth. Assets and businesses are all largely controlled by Boomers with mellenials not able, equipped, or not wanting to take over these Boomer holdingss. There will be a disturbance where s glut of assets will disappear or flood markets.

Housing for example. Boomers all have homes and will cash out before they croak. There will be s surplus if homes all across suburbs in North America with mellenials with no money to purchase them. There will be a large liquidation of Boomer homes in the next two decades and will likely cause a price correction in many markets. Housing will become cheaper because there will be less people to occupy them.

The suburban dream that Boomers tried to keep going will turn into the nightmare as these suburbs will become the new ghettos where low income people flock to in droves

Next, is jobs. Regardless of the Government and Walmart, Boomers and thier Small Medium Enterprise companies (SMEs) is how the majority of people earn a paycheck. Most people work for medium or small firms that were started by Boomers back when everything was dirt cheap. There is a upcoming crisis with the lack of retention succession for these companies. Boomers got good money doing stuff like selling after market car products, or running a bunch of Dennys and then soiled thier kids and turned them into useless mellenials. These mellenials want to go save pandas in India and don't want to run Daddy's Dennys. So now that dad has to sell off or close up shop and liquidate. All that activity and those jobs just die. If these jobs were of higher quality wages and benefits they simply vanish and don't get replaces with equal types of jobs.

We see this future now as every new job that creeps up is trash like Uber Eats or something new that didn't exist before like in tech. Standard traditional jobs that were stable and tangible are disappearing. Many folks think that jobs will open up as Boomers reitre and croak but we actually see the opposite as firms are shrinking and closing down positions as Boomers reitre.

Lastly, let us not forget healthcare. Boomers got sold the scam way back and voted for major benefits. They will go down screaming to get those and the impending bankruptcy of western governments will be the result. Entitlement programs will be put to the test and many wk collapse or be retrofitted to bare bones. Don't expect these programs to be around for when you get older.

There will be major shifts and disruptions. Many people will be out of work and want find alternatives. There will be lots of uneasy issues that will creep up. In saying that though. In this climate of chaos and uncertainty will provide IMO the last golden age of opportunity to source opportunity for wealth here in the West. With asset crashes and liquidation will provide opportunity to train assets and resources if you are well positioned. There will also be ways to provide fill gap services to groups =st will be underserved either from lack of industry or lack of government. With technology advancements there will be many opportunities to find lucrative ways to make money. One example is that many low level white color professions that Boomers largely worked will be likely automated and delivered via technology means. Block chain could toss much of the old legal profession into the trash can.

If you can't get wealthy in this next cycle you'll never have another opportunity in the West again. The demographic shifts will favour the global south where old age opportunity will spring up as things become more stable and refined. Young educated populations that are multilingual and many with early adoption of technology. The youth of the Global South will squeeze dry the truncated and stagnant West. You want to make sure you're in a position to take advantage of the coming Global South boom. This Boomer disruption will be the last gap. It won't be pretty but just make sure you come out ahead versus behind.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 02:03 PM)kosko Wrote:  

If you can't get wealthy in this next cycle you'll never have another opportunity in the West again. The demographic shifts will favour the global south where old age opportunity will spring up as things become more stable and refined. Young educated populations that are multilingual and many with early adoption of technology. The youth of the Global South will squeeze dry the truncated and stagnant West. You want to make sure you're in a position to take advantage of the coming Global South boom. This Boomer disruption will be the last gap. It won't be pretty but just make sure you come out ahead versus behind.

From that economic view I guess I'm screwed specially given how my advantages do not lie withing financial stuff.
(Then again, I guess I won't have a conscience issue when attempting to survive in the wilderness...)

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Boomer Deathwatch thread

I also see a major disruption in the stock market as Boomers will be forced to liquidate their 401k's as they reach age 70.5. As others have already said there will be major corrections as the assets, especially the paper assets Boomers liquidate will be readily available. The question is who will be prepared to take advantage when the time comes?

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 02:11 PM)Elster Wrote:  

From that economic view I guess I'm screwed specially given how my advantages do not lie withing financial stuff.
(Then again, I guess I won't have a conscience issue when attempting to survive in the wilderness...)

You don't gotta be a finance wiz. I'm not a numbers guy either, but just learn some basic acccouting and know how to project out costs and debt. You learn that and you'll know enough to run a business, you'll know who to go to and good questions to ask if and when you need an expert, and you'll be smarter than majority of the population in regards to money and debt.

There is a huge bonus in being crafty and good with your hands. You can't automate craftsmanship. This is one of the major issue has jobs such as auto repair shops and contractor companies started by crafty Boomers, thier now bougie kids don't want to do it and the Boomers end up shutting it all down.

There will be demand to fix stuff when Boomers get into advanced she and no longer can work thier tools to maintain thier stuff, with an abundance of mellenials who can't even use a blender. Their kids will be useless so there will be demand for people to fix things.

Uncommon trades such as shoe repair are doing but still needed. Aside from Jews, old Jewelry businesses are fading away from lack of interest from mellenials. Tailors and seemstress are disappearing. All these jobs still have a base need for then but they lack the number of trained and qualified craftsmanship to work them.

All the dudes doing trades and vocational training will make bank.

The key is just getting in the mindset to have control of your own futute. Don't rely on using your skills just for a paycheck. Think of ways of you you can leverage your craftsmanship into a situation that provides you with a path to stability, resources, and wealth. Because when we are older there will be no support systems in place so the strive to be self sustained and to have resources for your children will be critical. Without the planning your children will live in a Mad Max world where it will be feast or famine.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 10:54 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

Boomers were clearly the low point. This is a generation that bitched to get the drinking age lowered to 18 when they were 18. Then they bitched to get raised to 21 when their kids were 18.

I have posted exit polls from time to time and apparently no one gives a shit so I won't bother again although you can look them up. Boomers supported Romney and Trump and millennials are one of the most loyal groups of Democratic voters around. They voted solidly for Obama and dear Mrs. Clinton. There are a decent number of Boomers who are everything that you hate, and believe me I read the hate. However they are but a subset and not indicative of a vast and numerous generation of people born over almost two decades. Actually the first wave of boomers were coming of age when the American economy began its long dramatic decline in the 1970s. Blue collar boomers got economically savaged in the 70's and 80's. Why do you think Trump and Pence (boomers) won? Because large segments of my generation in the Rust Belt have been waiting for two generations for someone to address our concerns. Only Trump could have flipped PA, OH, MI and WI not to mention aging boomers who helped him win his narrow victory in FL. We live in an age of decay and people are looking for scapegoats. So blame the Jews for destroying the west, blacks for all the crime and in some quarters it's my generation that ruined everything. In fact it was the generation before us the so called Silent Generation that started a lot of the destructive nonsense. There is plenty of blame to go around but once again I am reminded of why I had such a short and unhappy career as a history teacher. Carry on.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Boomers hold a lions share of the "Main Street" wealth. Assets and businesses are all largely controlled by Boomers with mellenials not able, equipped, or not wanting to take over these Boomer holdingss. There will be a disturbance where s glut of assets will disappear or flood markets.

Housing for example. Boomers all have homes and will cash out before they croak. There will be s surplus if homes all across suburbs in North America with mellenials with no money to purchase them. There will be a large liquidation of Boomer homes in the next two decades and will likely cause a price correction in many markets. Housing will become cheaper because there will be less people to occupy them.

The suburban dream that Boomers tried to keep going will turn into the nightmare as these suburbs will become the new ghettos where low income people flock to in droves

Whole heartedly agree about Suburban housing prices. Here in New England, 4 of the top 10 oldest avg age states are going to lead the charge.

There simply aren't enough exurb jobs to keep these house prices propped up. The variation in comps is going to be outrageous.

I've been wracking my brain about how to make money off of a deflationary market.

Demolition services? Clean outs? Retooling?

Also, I believe senior/retirement housing is going to boom. Gotta put those liquidations somewhere.

What do you mean by the global south?

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Be more worried about Gen Z if I were you.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 03:19 PM)greekgod Wrote:  

Also, I believe senior/retirement housing is going to boom. Gotta put those liquidations somewhere.

Yes. However, I was talking with an insurance guy, and word on the street is that the long term care insurance biz is so upside down its a bubble that can't help but burst.

I also have dealt with my grandma's assisted living shit. She lives in what we call the " bad and boujee" nursing home that has an omelette guy at breakfast. It's got a few empty units, whereas it used to have a waiting list.

Problem is, peoples long term care coverage won't pay for it, and nobody can afford the difference.p laces like my grandma's start hurting because they can't limit services that other residents have already paid for.

Thus, what's gonna boom is care facilities that the cost of can be covered by an individual's social security check.

Aloha!

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 02:28 PM)Scorpio Rising Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2018 10:54 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

I have posted exit polls from time to time and apparently no one gives a shit so I won't bother again although you can look them up. Boomers supported Romney and Trump and millennials are one of the most loyal groups of Democratic voters around. They voted solidly for Obama and dear Mrs. Clinton. There are a decent number of Boomers who are everything that you hate, and believe me I read the hate. However they are but a subset and not indicative of a vast and numerous generation of people born over almost two decades. Actually the first wave of boomers were coming of age when the American economy began its long dramatic decline in the 1970s. Blue collar boomers got economically savaged in the 70's and 80's. Why do you think Trump and Pence (boomers) won? Because large segments of my generation in the Rust Belt have been waiting for two generations for someone to address our concerns. Only Trump could have flipped PA, OH, MI and WI not to mention aging boomers who helped him win his narrow victory in FL. We live in an age of decay and people are looking for scapegoats. So blame the Jews for destroying the west, blacks for all the crime and in some quarters it's my generation that ruined everything. In fact it was the generation before us the so called Silent Generation that started a lot of the destructive nonsense. There is plenty of blame to go around but once again I am reminded of why I had such a short and unhappy career as a history teacher. Carry on.

I wasn't talking about voting for Obama. Most voters do not comprise a "loyal cult." Most voters are apathetic dumbfucks who punch a ballot. About half of them identify themselves as independent.

I was talking about "the most loyal cult of Obama supporters." I was talking about people who thought Obama was deity. And the most loyal cult of Obama supporters were people like Jann Wenner at Rolling Stone, which is the most representative baby-boomer publication I know. Oprah Winfrey is also a boomer.

I know lots of 20-somethings and 30-somethings who voted for Obama. But they all acknowledged that Obama was a homo sapien. I know people in their late 50's and 60's who thought Obama was Jesus Christ, Moses, Noah, and Abraham all rolled into one.

And no doubt, the people who deified Obama had an impact on the people who voted for him as well. These people are still deifying Obama even though he is out of office.

Boomer Deathwatch thread

Quote: (01-20-2018 04:46 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Be more worried about Gen Z if I were you.

Why? Aren't they the ones who were leading the "meme" wars?

I'll take them and their right wind death squads over the SJW totalitarianism that will become standard with the Millenialtards.